- Australian government
- coal mine
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gold Fields
- gold mine
- Gold Road Resources
- iron ore
- materials handling
- metallurgical coal
- Mineral Resources
- Mount Isa
- National Group
- Pilbara Minerals
- St Barbara
- Top News
- underground mining
- Minprovise solves 8000L fuel issue for mine sites
A major player in the Australian mining scene has approached Minprovise to solve the issue of refuelling in remote areas on site.
- Stealing uses for steel
DYNA Engineering’s HDPE (plastic) conveyor guards are providing Australian miners with a sustainable solution for site safety.
- Power transmission solutions for vertical lift systems
With over 85 years of experience, Altra Motion provides many critical drivetrain products for shiploaders and port conveyors to meet bulk material handling requirements worldwide.
- Customisation, modularisation deliver value to remote Indonesian mine
A remote Indonesian mine has received three McLanahan Feeder-Breakers. The client, a state-owned energy provider and one of the largest coal mining companies in Indonesia, needed robust and reliable feeding and crushing equipment to meet the challenges of their rugged and remote location.
- Hybrid systems: The future of mining power
When it comes to power, one way miners can improve efficiency and bottom lines massively is through the implementation of hybrid power.
- Case study: Decipher helps Rio Tinto solve tech challenge
Decipher was presented with the challenge of providing a secure and centralised platform to help Rio Tinto manage important datasets across all of their global sites, and ensure that both site and corporate users had the appropriate security access.
- How Emesent’s Hovermap technology helped LKAB with seismic inspection
When Swedish mining company LKAB experienced a seismic event at its Kiruna underground iron ore mine in May 2020, assessing the damage manually was too dangerous and labor intensive.
- Webinar: BHP deploys Olympic Dam autonomous drones for greater insights
BHP Olympic Dam’s geotech, geology and engineering teams use drone-based LiDAR data to make better decisions in stope design, orepasses, drawpoints and raises.
- Evolution Mining case study: Gaining efficiencies with data entry
Evolution have recently upgraded to Redmap’s Best Practice for Pronto Xi from their original implementation. Being an early adopter of the technology, and the first Scope Customer, meant that the original
implementation was a custom job built from the ground up.
- SINTAKOTE fittings: Steel pipeline system
Steel pipe is synonymous with strength. In comparison with any other pipe material, steel offers the highest strength, in proportion to wall thickness of any commercial piping material.
- Driving plant availability and profitability
In times like these, maximising plant production and operational efficiency is more important than ever before. Discover REMA TIP TOP’s extensive range of products, specifically designed to extend the service of your equipment and plant profitability.
- Safety Spotlight magazine: Insights for the Australian industry
The October 2020 edition of Blackwoods’ Safety Spotlight explores topics and solutions that are critical to keeping people safe on the worksite.
- HDPE: Stealing uses for steel
This white paper discusses how it is now becoming possible to increase the amount of recycled and recyclable plastics used in these new HDPE products, increasing their sustainability.
- Building better safety: Engineering advances that benefit the construction industry
Thanks to stringent workplace health and safety (WHS) legislation globally and adherence to safe work practices, instances of workplace injury are trending downward. However, the construction industry is still susceptible to elevated rates when compared with other sectors.
- RINGSPANN locking assemblies offer a competitive choice for manufacturers
RINGSPANN shaft-hub connections (include locking assemblies, shrink discs and rigid shaft couplings) are a highly competitive choice for the Australian manufacturers of conveyor pulleys and gear drive systems.
- Future-proofing underground operations with fully-automated fleet management
Upgrading from Pitram Voice to the fully automated Pitram Mobile solution was a crucial step in IGO’s quest to future-proof its underground operations.
- Belt cleaning best practices for effective conveyor system maintenance
This white paper discusses some of the best practices in conveyor belt cleaning and maintenance while introducing the latest solutions provided by the ESS engineering team to address the mining industry’s requirements for safe and efficient belt cleaning solutions.
- Visualise your mine from anywhere, any time, on any device
COVID-19 has accelerated the need for mines to be able to operate with fewer personnel at site. Remote communication and collaboration are now more important than ever.
- Truck volume measurement with LaseTVM
The LaseTVM systems are high precision volumetric bulk material measurement solutions for road trucks or mining trucks.
- Discover how OEM spare parts and refurbishments support mining operations
McLanahan supports mineral processing operations with OEM rebuilds and refurbishment services, part optimisations and upgrades and high-quality spare parts to maximise the reliability of equipment while minimising running costs.