- Anglo American
- Century zinc mine
- follow the leaders
- GFG Alliance
- gold price
- Industry 4.0
- mining technology
- new century
- Rio Tinto
- thermal coal
- Top News
- underground mining
- Western Areas
- Western Australia
- Boral Quarry invests in intelligent motor control solution
Boral required an MCC solution that would meet the highest standards, be cost effective as well as adopting integration benefits. SS Electrics was engaged to implement a solution to modernise the electric equipment at the Charlton quarry.
- Live monitoring for underground refuge
Strata Worldwide Emergency Refuge Chambers, coupled with the company’s DigitalBRIDGE communication network, provides a complete safety system for the ultimate mine emergency preparedness.
- Improving wear rates with engineered solutions
An iron ore processing facility in Western Australia has worked with its original equipment manufacturer, McLanahan, to optimise the rotary trommels to handle high tonnage and wear rates.
- Monitoring wall stability in open pit mining
In a large Australian coal mine, a significant crack developed in one of the main walls of the pit. Finding a robust platform that could reliably measure any deviation in the wall and alert management immediately, was critical to mitigate safety and production risk.
- Transform data into actionable intelligence
A recent study by Accenture and GE found that predictive maintenance can generate a 30 per cent reduction in maintenance costs and as much as a 70 per cent cut in production downtime due to equipment breakdowns.
- Loram preventive rail grinding
Regular preventive rail grinding has become the industry best practice to extend rail life. Preventive grinding is accomplished by matching the capabilities of the rail grinder performing the work to the growth rate of rolling contact fatigue (RCF) on a railroad asset. This approach has many benefits notably extending the life of the rail by … Continue reading Loram preventive rail grinding
- Svendborg Brakes, making the world a safer place
Watch this video to discover how Altra Motion’s Svendborg brakes should be your first choice when it comes to braking solutions.
- HALO: The original industrial LED strip light
HALO is the original Industrial LED strip light and we are celebrating 10 years this year with thousands of meters installed in six continents.
- ITM Mining undercarriage: Manufacturing, engineering, technical support
Undercarriage life in abrasive conditions has impacted negatively on the cost per hour, causing customers around the world to look for suppliers who can add value beyond typical undercarriage supplier capabilities.
- RINGSPANN couplings and shrink discs: The story so far
Another chapter in our presence in power transmission, design engineering, machine elements, connection technology and machine and plant construction.
- Local manufacturing drives 64% YOY sales increase
Thinking customer-first drives competitive advantage for Dyno Nobel’s premium technology. Underpinned by its industry leading experts and the ability to leverage competitive pricing through a global supply footprint, Dyno Nobel’s strategy has led to its market leading position today.
- Webinar recording: How Australian miners can digitally transform and leverage scientific data to deliver business value
In this webinar, Bruce Reardon, specialist production systems, Bell Bay Aluminium, Rio Tinto and Angela Aplin, account manager, digital science, Thermo Fisher Scientific speak to Ben Creagh, the managing editor of Prime Creative Media’s resources industry publications about how organisations are using LIMS as part of a digital ecosystem to deliver value to process control and business operations.
- Exclusive recording: Austmine’s top 10 tips for designing and optimising webinars
Webinars have become more important than ever in 2020. To help members optimise their existing efforts and assist those starting out on their journey in this space, Austmine’s Marketing & Communications Tribe focused on Designing and Optimising Webinars for their July Meetup. Speakers: Sheldon Varcoe, Membership Manager NSW & SA for Austmine Sheldon has considerable knowledge of … Continue reading Exclusive recording: Austmine’s top 10 tips for designing and optimising webinars
- An uninterruptible power source with Aggreko’s virtual power plants
Gas power generation offers a greener and more cost-effective alternative to diesel and HFO, however, not every mine has an existing gas pipeline they can leverage.
- Webinar recording: Leveraging reality modelling to transform mine planning and operation
Like many other industries, the mining industry continues to invest heavily into automation and innovative technologies that optimise operational costs and reduce the level of human intervention.
- Intelligent mining with BELAZ autonomous haul trucks
With a manufacturing history of over 70 years and a dump truck fleet ranging in loading capacities from 30 to 450 tonnes, BELAZ is the latest of the large global dump truck manufacturers to roll out autonomous dump truck systems.
- Business intelligence for the physical world: Drone mapping, modelling and analytics solutions
Advances in drone hardware and software have spawned innovations in the way companies monitor and manage physical sites, capital assets and projects.
- EAGLE XT Series LED light boasts latest solar panel tech
Innovative Lighting Australia is a distributor for IQ Lighting. One of the latest additions to the product portfolio is the EAGLE XT Series all-in-one solar LED light.
- Northern Minerals and business nbn Satellite Service: How Vocus connected a remote mine site with the rest of Australia
Because mine sites are often in remote locations, telecommunications coverage is often limited and unreliable, hampering the business’s need for high-speed data and voice connectivity. This case study demonstrates how Vocus has overcome the challenges of getting an isolated mine site online and how that translated into better outcomes for its workforce.
- Bridging the data gap in underground mining
Obtaining accurate and timely production data is critical to mining operations. It enables quick adaptations to plan deviations translating into increased productivity and cost savings.