- Andrew Forrest
- carbon emissions
- climate change
- Dacian Gold
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road
- Iluka Resources
- iron ore
- Keith Pitt
- Koolan Island
- mining technology
- mt morgans
- Newcrest Mining
- OZ Minerals
- Port Hedland
- rare earths
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- thermal coal
- Top News
- underground mining
- Western Areas
- An uninterruptible power source with Aggreko’s virtual power plants
Gas power generation offers a greener and more cost-effective alternative to diesel and HFO, however, not every mine has an existing gas pipeline they can leverage.
- Webinar recording: Leveraging reality modelling to transform mine planning and operation
Like many other industries, the mining industry continues to invest heavily into automation and innovative technologies that optimise operational costs and reduce the level of human intervention.
- Intelligent mining with BELAZ autonomous haul trucks
With a manufacturing history of over 70 years and a dump truck fleet ranging in loading capacities from 30 to 450 tonnes, BELAZ is the latest of the large global dump truck manufacturers to roll out autonomous dump truck systems.
- Business intelligence for the physical world: Drone mapping, modelling and analytics solutions
Advances in drone hardware and software have spawned innovations in the way companies monitor and manage physical sites, capital assets and projects.
- EAGLE XT Series LED light boasts latest solar panel tech
Innovative Lighting Australia is a distributor for IQ Lighting. One of the latest additions to the product portfolio is the EAGLE XT Series all-in-one solar LED light.
- Northern Minerals and business nbn Satellite Service: How Vocus connected a remote mine site with the rest of Australia
Because mine sites are often in remote locations, telecommunications coverage is often limited and unreliable, hampering the business’s need for high-speed data and voice connectivity. This case study demonstrates how Vocus has overcome the challenges of getting an isolated mine site online and how that translated into better outcomes for its workforce.
- Bridging the data gap in underground mining
Obtaining accurate and timely production data is critical to mining operations. It enables quick adaptations to plan deviations translating into increased productivity and cost savings.
- Thinking customer first drives competitive advantage
Dyno Nobel’s locally manufactured electronic detonator product range has seen strong growth in demand with production increasing by 400 per cent in the past three years at its manufacturing facility in Helidon, Queensland.
- The 2020 welding fume and respiratory protection survey
Even with everything that is now known about the dangers of welding fume, only 20 per cent of Australian and New Zealand welders answered “yes” when they were asked if they felt protected from it at work.
- The future of mine safety: Lessons, trends and developments
Join Hexagon’s Marcos Bayuelo to learn more about the latest advances in the company’s MineProtect portfolio. As MineProtect portfolio manager, Marcos is committed to helping mines mitigate risks and achieve zero harm. He’ll explain why investing in a comprehensive safety portfolio is the smartest decision a mine can make.
- RINGSPANN high and low speed backstops for conveyor applications
RINGSPANN, a leader in the world of mechanical power transmission equipment, showcases why the company is a powerhouse of information when it comes to application guidelines.
- Mine site dust suppression: Stockpile dust control
Stockpiles are an essential part of the mining, civil and infrastructure sectors. With varying width, height and erosion of these piles, site management is subject to stringent protocols to protect employees, contractors and the wider community.
- Inmarsat launches Tailings Insight to support safer management
Inmarsat has launched Tailings Insight, a new Internet of Things solution for monitoring mining tailings storage facilities. Discover why the award-winning solutions enable safer, faster and more reliable mining operations.
- Steiber optimal backstop design provides higher plant efficiency, decreases costs
A major energy company in Australia needed reliable replacement low-speed backstops (LSBs) for six incline conveyors that move coal out of a mine to an adjacent power station.
- The full guide to tracking assets and materials in the resource industry
The misplacement of items and not being able to locate materials or equipment are common causes for project delays. This white paper highlights the causes for missing items, while identifying the information requirements and benefits of tracking everything effectively.
- Key ways to increase safety in mining with rugged tablets
Taking full advantage of digital trends in mining would rely on having access to high-performing devices that are capable of processing large amounts of data efficiently, while remaining portable and rugged enough to be suitable for the demanding mining work environment.
- How to optimise logistics in the mining supply chain and gain a competitive edge
The transport and logistics of a mining supply chain can be likened to the arteries and veins in a body – they are vital to any operation. As such, the delivery pathways must be efficient.
- Digital Twinning Australia: Case studies
Digital Twinning Australia has risen to the challenge of creating visualisation of critical pit to packing processes for collaborative remote decision making. Download the white paper to find out more.
- Minprovise high cube container ice and water room
Minprovise International has proposed to supply, manufacture and commission its mine specification 20-feet high cube ice room container.
- Loram: Substructure maintenance management
Railway tack substructure maintenance management is the process of using railroad resources in order to maintain the track substructure. This process starts with measuring the track condition, evaluating the substructure performance, determining locations in need of maintenance and finding the best solutions.To learn more, download the white paper.