- AngloGold Ashanti
- Atlas Copco
- base metals
- Carmichael mine
- Carosue Dam
- Fraser Range
- iron ore
- mining equipment
- mining technology
- New Acland
- New Century Resources
- New Hope Group
- Paterson Province
- Rio Tinto
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- Super Pit
- underground mining
- Venture Minerals
- Hydraulics, the unknown killer: Proper training key to reducing injuries, fatalities
Hydraulic systems exist in almost every aspect of our lives. This simple system consists of pistons and an oil-filled pipe that is capable of generating a tremendous amount of force, enough to cause permanent disabilities or even death if an accident occurs.
- McLanahan ships second largest rotary wet screen to repeat oil sands customer
McLanahan has designed, engineered, manufactured and delivered a 48-foot-long rotary wet screen to an oil sands customer in Canada.
- Six ways rugged tablets are changing logistics and materials handling
Efficiency is critical in industries such as logistics and materials handling that utilise field and warehouse services. So how do you save time, increase productivity, decrease disruptions and downtime, and improve asset utilisation all at once? The key to this being the tablet, with its blend of portability, communications, and accessibility. This is not just … Continue reading Six ways rugged tablets are changing logistics and materials handling
- Blast overbreak reduced by 12 per cent at Australian mine
Dyno Nobel’s latest initiation technology, EZshot LP for underground perimeter blasting, continues its strong uptake by mining customers across Australia.
- Stay safe and productive with smart distancing
As the global pandemic impacts the industry, physical distancing on site plays a critical role in prioritising the wellbeing of professionals, as well as maintaining business continuity.
- Erizon rehabilitates Hail Creek mine site
In January 2018, Erizon was approach by Rio Tinto to undertake 32.8-hectares of revegetation works for early rehabilitation and soil stabilisation.
- OZ Minerals, Byrnecut use world-first Sandvik tele-remote technology
Leading contract miner Byrnecut Australia has become the first underground operator in the world to successfully use a new tele-remote package for Sandvik development drills at OZ Minerals’ Prominent Hill site. To read more about the case study, please fill the form below:
- The real value of digital transformation for mining and metals companies
Mining, metals and materials companies have increased their investment in automation and technological innovation, embracing new opportunities to improve productivity.
- Operator insights on the new Cat D11
One of the first operators in Australia to get in the seat of the new Cat D11 gives his insights into the evolution of Caterpillar’s largest and most imposing track type tractor.
- Printing complex parts with Markforged Technology
A 3D printer has helped engineers and designers by providing a new and complementary way to make prototypes and production parts.
- Live connectivity for emergency refuge chambers
Strata Worldwide Emergency refuge chambers, coupled with the company’s DigitalBRIDGE communication system, establish digital connectivity for remote monitoring and communication.
- Creating value from IoT and analytics in mining
This white paper by Nokia looks at the role these Industry 4.0 technologies are playing in the digital transformation of the mine and the use of IoT and analytics across a number of
specific mining use cases
- Computing around AI and autonomous vehicles in mining
There have been significant advances in the realm of artificial intelligence (AI) and autonomous vehicles in the industry, with segments such as the mining and resources sector pioneering the implementation of this technology in Australia.
- Pathways to an economically sustainable hydrogen industry in Australia
As Australia transitions to a low-emissions energy future, there is vast potential for a new industry in hydrogen, building on our national technological advantages, export capabilities and strong relationships with key international energy markets.
- RINGSPANN: A one-stop-shop for mechanical power transmission products
This article discusses RINGSPANN freewheels of the FXM series, which offer a low maintenance, ‘fit and forget solution’ on industrial drive trains.
- Nokia installs private wireless network at NORCAT underground centre
Nokia has joined forces with Northern Centre for Advanced Technology (NORCAT) and Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Network (CENGN) to install and operate an industrial-grade private wireless network in NORCAT’s underground centre.
- Shoulder ballast cleaning effectiveness
Shoulder ballast cleaning is a cost-effective alternative to improve track performance and restore drainage.
- Concept Environmental Services saves on nickel tailings
This white paper shows the installation of two Concept Environmental Services tanks at a nickel recovery operation in Western Australia.
- Save capital, fast track projects with modular power plant
Mining companies are under great financial pressure as a result of fluctuating demand and uncertainty around commodity prices, so the need to improve efficiency across all operational aspects of a mine site is mission critical.
- Vacuum excavation technology for ballast and grade remediation
Vacuum excavation is the most effective means of removing fouled ballast from specialty trackwork.