- Curtin University
- Ian Macfarlane
- iron ore
- Lithium Australia
- mining technology
- New Century Resources
- Northern Star Resources
- Port Hedland
- Queensland Resources Council
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- Top News
- underground mining
- Western Areas
- women in mining
- Macmahon, Sandvik partner on industry first cablebolt drill
Macmahon, an Australian specialist in ground support installation methods, has partnered with Sandvik to improve safety and productivity in its cablebolting process.
- Stick and boom ‘shark bite repair’ of world’s biggest excavator, RH400
This case study has shown the effectiveness and ingenuity of a new procedure used by Minprovise International in the repair and refurbishment of the stick and boom on the world’s biggest excavators, the RH400.
- Brakes that stop the nation: A quick guide to the RINGSPANN brakes family
RINGSPANN is a one stop supplier of premium power transmission components for industrial drives. Industrial brakes in the company’s product portfolio offer intelligent braking solutions for energy-efficient stopping, control and holding systems in a variety of industries.
- Secondary cleaner improves safety at iron ore site
A busy export hub in Western Australia’s Pilbara region had a constant issue with fine, sticky product adhering to the belt and dripping from the return side along the belt line.
- Coordinating thousands of miners across the world seamlessly with iAuditor
Before iAuditor, reports were taking 3 – 4 hours for Goldcorp employees. Since they started using iAuditor, up to 8 reports can be completed in the same timeframe. It also helped Goldcorp to see what’s occurring below ground in real-time so miners can stay safe.
- Autonomous drill fleet hitting its straps at Tropicana
The rollout of a $6 million autonomous drill fleet at the Tropicana gold mine in Western Australia is believed to be an industry first for hard rock mining using hammer versus the more traditional rotary concept when it comes to blast-hole drilling.
- Svendborg Brakes, the brand of choice for WA mine
Svendborg Brakes was the brand chosen to supply braking solutions for all the conveyors at a large iron ore mining, rail and port project in the Pilbra, Western Australia.
- Sika introduces new generation of shotcrete technology
Sika’s new cement hydration stabilising admixture for sprayed concrete, represents the newest generation and cutting-edge technology for tunnelling and mining.
- What will it take to boost your bottom line? Experience the Cat 793F
The Cat 793F is a popular industry workhorse for a wide variety of applications. It’s faster than competitive trucks, delivers a high payload, reduces fuel usage and more.
- Blackwoods – Helping build a better Australia
Together, Blackwoods is helping build a better Australia.
- Machine learning in fleet management systems
AI is quickly becoming a general-purpose technology (GPT) and implementations are occurring throughout the mining value chain. These implementations include underground operations and sites with limited communications infrastructure.
- Contingency planning for your mine
Download this resource to see how Aggreko can help you mitigate risks at your mine site.
- Innovyze’s guide to AI in mining
Innovyze invites you to watch their digital webinar addressing key water challenges in the mining industry using artificial intelligence (AI).
- Minimising production disruptions with Beltor’s Mine Extraction Device
The Beltor Mine Extraction Device (MED) has performed hundreds of successful extractions at a number of underground mining operations (both coal and hard rock) across Australia.
- Global trends in mining equipment and transport logistics
Mining is a complex industry where the stakes are high and the rewards great. It takes meticulous planning and flawless execution in order to succeed, with the logistics chain only as strong as its weakest link.
- Leveraging augmented reality for remote technical support
Rockwell Automation has added Live View Support to its TechConnect offering for all customers. Live View Support, powered by FactoryTalk InnovationSuite Vuforia Chalk, enables remote support engineers to more effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- The extended applications of HazardAvert proximity detection system
Proximity detection systems in mining have been developed and implemented to enhance the safety of miners working in and around mobile machinery. But what about potential dangers associated with fixed equipment that have moving parts?
- Next generation Stieber releasable backstops offer improved performance and functionality
Stieber Clutch torque limiting/load sharing backstops with release functionality allow the tension of a jammed mine conveyor belt to be carefully released using a simple hydraulic pump. These releasable backstops are capable of performing as many reverse rotations as required (within the limits of energy dissipation) to completely unload a conveyor prior to performing maintenance … Continue reading Next generation Stieber releasable backstops offer improved performance and functionality
- High quality locally made pipe solutions for life
Steel pipe is synonymous with strength. In comparison with any other pipe material, steel offers the highest strength, in proportion to wall thickness of any commercial piping material. As a ferrous material if not adequately protected from the potential of corrosion, its longevity may be reduced. With over 100 years local and international supply experience, … Continue reading High quality locally made pipe solutions for life
- Cylinder exchange, the fastest way to get mines back in motion
Download Berendsen’s list of exchange cylinders – and get your mine back in motion.