- Anglo American
- Century zinc mine
- follow the leaders
- GFG Alliance
- gold price
- Industry 4.0
- mining technology
- new century
- Rio Tinto
- thermal coal
- Top News
- underground mining
- Western Areas
- Western Australia
- Pitram 5: Driving your digital fleet into the future
Smart asset automation, backed by geospatial intelligence, robotics and machine learning, are rapidly transforming mine operations and the spotlight is on telematics and MICROMINE’s Pitram 5 – one of the world’s leading fully-automated fleet management systems.
- Electric mobile air compressors with VSD technology
Atlas Copco’s mobile electric variable speed drive (VSD) air compressors are the ideal solution when working in a low emission zone.
- Evolution improves Mungari stope design and reconciliation process
Autonomous LiDAR scanning solution Hovermap scans voids at Evolution Mining’s Mungari gold mine in Western Australia, allowing mine personnel to plan and manage stopes more effectively.
- Mining Technology Master Class: Unlocking Valuable Data From Machinery
Miners are under continued pressure to increase the efficiency of their machines, avoid downtime and optimise processes to improve safety and save on costs. Simultaneously, digital transformation is opening up a world of visibility for mining operations. Mining machinery – whether it be stacker reclaimers, heavy loaders or fixed plant for processing – contains so … Continue reading Mining Technology Master Class: Unlocking Valuable Data From Machinery
- How to reduce the total cost of process equipment
Weir Minerals, manufacturer of Warman pumps, has developed a calculation model to help analyse costs attached to the purchase and operation of a slurry pump over its complete lifecycle.
- How Deswik is integrating with Emesent Hovermap to streamline mine data capture and analysis
How Deswik is integrating with Emesent Hovermap LiDAR scanning technology to assist their clients to improve design and reconciliation processes.
- Redmap: Evolution Mining case study
Evolution Mining has deployed Pronto Xi via Scope Systems to support the processing of between 9000 and 10,000 invoices per month.
- Fifty-seven major tailings disasters since 2000 – free guide
Last month marked the two-year anniversary of one of the most significant tailings dam failures in history – the Córrego do Feijão operation in Brumadinho, Brazil which took 270 people’s lives.
- Hybrid electronic initiation technology overbreak trials success
To combat excessive blast overbreak in notoriously challenging ground conditions at two underground mines in the Goldfields of Western Australia, perimeter control products were trialled late last year.
- Bearing forward to Industry 4.0 with SKF’s integrated solutions
As the world’s largest bearing manufacturer, SKF is a name synonymous with bearings. The company, however, has long-realised the oncoming impact that Industry 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) will have on its business and customers.
- BHP’s Olympic Dam mine uses mobile LiDAR data to deliver better outcomes
Since February 2019, BHP’s Olympic Dam mine has been an early adopter of the latest in mobile LiDAR technology. The use of such advanced systems has allowed its mining surveyors and engineers to map stopes to generate data that helps de-risk the transition into new, and less well understood, mining areas. Mobile LiDAR technology is … Continue reading BHP’s Olympic Dam mine uses mobile LiDAR data to deliver better outcomes
- Hybrid electronic initiation tech overbreak trials success
Dyno Nobel has trialled perimeter control products to combat excessive blast outbreak in notoriously challenging ground conditions at two underground mines in the Goldfields of Western Australia.
- Eight must-haves when purchasing a project document management system
This whitepaper outlines eight key benefits for construction and other capital projects provided by a complete project document management system.
- Monitoring braking systems with IIoT solution
Altra Motion’s global brand, Svendborg Brakes, has launched an Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) solution that promises to improve the reliability of brake systems for mining components.
- A practical guide to welding fume control
After a four year review and in conjunction with welders, industry professionals and occupational hygienists, Australian Welding Supplies (AWS) has released a guideline to help welders and employers manage the risks posed by welding fume.
- Minprovise solves 8000L fuel issue for mine sites
A major player in the Australian mining scene has approached Minprovise to solve the issue of refuelling in remote areas on site.
- Stealing uses for steel
DYNA Engineering’s HDPE (plastic) conveyor guards are providing Australian miners with a sustainable solution for site safety.
- Power transmission solutions for vertical lift systems
With over 85 years of experience, Altra Motion provides many critical drivetrain products for shiploaders and port conveyors to meet bulk material handling requirements worldwide.
- Customisation, modularisation deliver value to remote Indonesian mine
A remote Indonesian mine has received three McLanahan Feeder-Breakers. The client, a state-owned energy provider and one of the largest coal mining companies in Indonesia, needed robust and reliable feeding and crushing equipment to meet the challenges of their rugged and remote location.
- Hybrid systems: The future of mining power
When it comes to power, one way miners can improve efficiency and bottom lines massively is through the implementation of hybrid power.