BHP Olympic Dam’s principal geotechnical engineer, Evan Jones has been deploying Hovermap, a drone-based LiDAR (light detection and ranging) scanner since 2017.
After implementing this technology, the site has been able to inspect stopes from a safe distance while uncovering never seen before details, including areas previously hidden by shadows.
Watch the latest webinar on this topic to understand:
- About Olympic Dam’s integration of data capture into its mining schedule
- How workflows are being scheduled and data managed
- How drawpoints are being monitored
- How BHP is handling shaft pre-sink inspections
- The way orepasses are being captured
- And much more.
Fill out the form below to watch the full webinar titled: BHP’s Olympic Dam mine – improving stope design and efficiency.