- Anglo American
- electric vehicles
- Evolution Mining
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gold Fields
- iron ore
- Minerals Council of Australia
- mine safety
- mining technology
- New Century Resources
- Nickel West
- Northern Minerals
- Prospect Awards
- Rio Tinto
- Top News
- underground mining
- Evolution Mining case study: Gaining efficiencies with data entry
Evolution have recently upgraded to Redmap’s Best Practice for Pronto Xi from their original implementation. Being an early adopter of the technology, and the first Scope Customer, meant that the original
implementation was a custom job built from the ground up.
- Live webinar: Process control for the mining and cement industries – PlantPAx
Hear how one major mining company has implemented the PlantPAx distributed control system to gain a holistic view of plant operations, monitor progress towards key performance indicators and achieve a more efficient maintenance process.
- SINTAKOTE fittings: Steel pipeline system
Steel pipe is synonymous with strength. In comparison with any other pipe material, steel offers the highest strength, in proportion to wall thickness of any commercial piping material.
- Driving plant availability and profitability
In times like these, maximising plant production and operational efficiency is more important than ever before. Discover REMA TIP TOP’s extensive range of products, specifically designed to extend the service of your equipment and plant profitability.
- Safety Spotlight magazine: Insights for the Australian industry
The October 2020 edition of Blackwoods’ Safety Spotlight explores topics and solutions that are critical to keeping people safe on the worksite.
- HDPE: Stealing uses for steel
This white paper discusses how it is now becoming possible to increase the amount of recycled and recyclable plastics used in these new HDPE products, increasing their sustainability.
- Building better safety: Engineering advances that benefit the construction industry
Thanks to stringent workplace health and safety (WHS) legislation globally and adherence to safe work practices, instances of workplace injury are trending downward. However, the construction industry is still susceptible to elevated rates when compared with other sectors.
- RINGSPANN locking assemblies offer a competitive choice for manufacturers
RINGSPANN shaft-hub connections (include locking assemblies, shrink discs and rigid shaft couplings) are a highly competitive choice for the Australian manufacturers of conveyor pulleys and gear drive systems.
- Future-proofing underground operations with fully-automated fleet management
Upgrading from Pitram Voice to the fully automated Pitram Mobile solution was a crucial step in IGO’s quest to future-proof its underground operations.
- Belt cleaning best practices for effective conveyor system maintenance
This white paper discusses some of the best practices in conveyor belt cleaning and maintenance while introducing the latest solutions provided by the ESS engineering team to address the mining industry’s requirements for safe and efficient belt cleaning solutions.
- Visualise your mine from anywhere, any time, on any device
COVID-19 has accelerated the need for mines to be able to operate with fewer personnel at site. Remote communication and collaboration are now more important than ever.
- Truck volume measurement with LaseTVM
The LaseTVM systems are high precision volumetric bulk material measurement solutions for road trucks or mining trucks.
- Discover how OEM spare parts and refurbishments support mining operations
McLanahan supports mineral processing operations with OEM rebuilds and refurbishment services, part optimisations and upgrades and high-quality spare parts to maximise the reliability of equipment while minimising running costs.
- Maximising value in stope optimisation and open pit grade control
This paper provides a performance comparison between stope designs that are produced via powerful mathematical programming and those produced for open pits by the industry accepted Lerchs-Grossmann algorithm.
- Mining Technology Master Class: Unlocking Valuable Data From Machinery
Miners are under continued pressure to increase the efficiency of their machines, avoid downtime and optimise processes to improve safety and save on costs. Simultaneously, digital transformation is opening up a world of visibility for mining operations.
- Macmahon, Sandvik partner on industry first cablebolt drill
Macmahon, an Australian specialist in ground support installation methods, has partnered with Sandvik to improve safety and productivity in its cablebolting process.
- Stick and boom ‘shark bite repair’ of world’s biggest excavator, RH400
This case study has shown the effectiveness and ingenuity of a new procedure used by Minprovise International in the repair and refurbishment of the stick and boom on the world’s biggest excavators, the RH400.
- Brakes that stop the nation: A quick guide to the RINGSPANN brakes family
RINGSPANN is a one stop supplier of premium power transmission components for industrial drives. Industrial brakes in the company’s product portfolio offer intelligent braking solutions for energy-efficient stopping, control and holding systems in a variety of industries.
- Secondary cleaner improves safety at iron ore site
A busy export hub in Western Australia’s Pilbara region had a constant issue with fine, sticky product adhering to the belt and dripping from the return side along the belt line.
- Coordinating thousands of miners across the world seamlessly with iAuditor
Before iAuditor, reports were taking 3 – 4 hours for Goldcorp employees. Since they started using iAuditor, up to 8 reports can be completed in the same timeframe. It also helped Goldcorp to see what’s occurring below ground in real-time so miners can stay safe.