- Curragh mine
- Environmental Protection Authority
- Ian Macfarlane
- Jean-Sebastien Jacques
- Lucapa Diamond Company
- mark mcgowan
- Mineral Exploration
- mining technology
- Papua New Guinea
- Rio Tinto
- Roy Hill
- Sheffield Resources
- Top News
- underground mining
- ITM Mining undercarriage: Manufacturing, engineering, technical support
Undercarriage life in abrasive conditions has impacted negatively on the cost per hour, causing customers around the world to look for suppliers who can add value beyond typical undercarriage supplier capabilities.
- RINGSPANN couplings and shrink discs: The story so far
Another chapter in our presence in power transmission, design engineering, machine elements, connection technology and machine and plant construction.
- Local manufacturing drives 64% YOY sales increase
Thinking customer-first drives competitive advantage for Dyno Nobel’s premium technology. Underpinned by its industry leading experts and the ability to leverage competitive pricing through a global supply footprint, Dyno Nobel’s strategy has led to its market leading position today.
- Webinar recording: How Australian miners can digitally transform and leverage scientific data to deliver business value
In this webinar, Bruce Reardon, specialist production systems, Bell Bay Aluminium, Rio Tinto and Angela Aplin, account manager, digital science, Thermo Fisher Scientific speak to Ben Creagh, the managing editor of Prime Creative Media’s resources industry publications about how organisations are using LIMS as part of a digital ecosystem to deliver value to process control and business operations.
- Exclusive recording: Austmine’s top 10 tips for designing and optimising webinars
Webinars have become more important than ever in 2020. To help members optimise their existing efforts and assist those starting out on their journey in this space, Austmine’s Marketing & Communications Tribe focused on Designing and Optimising Webinars for their July Meetup. Speakers: Sheldon Varcoe, Membership Manager NSW & SA for Austmine Sheldon has considerable knowledge of … Continue reading Exclusive recording: Austmine’s top 10 tips for designing and optimising webinars
- An uninterruptible power source with Aggreko’s virtual power plants
Gas power generation offers a greener and more cost-effective alternative to diesel and HFO, however, not every mine has an existing gas pipeline they can leverage.
- Live webinar: Leveraging reality modelling to transform mine planning and operation
Like many other industries, the mining industry continues to invest heavily into automation and innovative technologies that optimise operational costs and reduce the level of human intervention.
- Intelligent mining with BELAZ autonomous haul trucks
With a manufacturing history of over 70 years and a dump truck fleet ranging in loading capacities from 30 to 450 tonnes, BELAZ is the latest of the large global dump truck manufacturers to roll out autonomous dump truck systems.
- Business intelligence for the physical world: Drone mapping, modelling and analytics solutions
Advances in drone hardware and software have spawned innovations in the way companies monitor and manage physical sites, capital assets and projects.
- EAGLE XT Series LED light boasts latest solar panel tech
Innovative Lighting Australia is a distributor for IQ Lighting. One of the latest additions to the product portfolio is the EAGLE XT Series all-in-one solar LED light.
- Northern Minerals and business nbn Satellite Service: How Vocus connected a remote mine site with the rest of Australia
Because mine sites are often in remote locations, telecommunications coverage is often limited and unreliable, hampering the business’s need for high-speed data and voice connectivity. This case study demonstrates how Vocus has overcome the challenges of getting an isolated mine site online and how that translated into better outcomes for its workforce.
- Bridging the data gap in underground mining
Obtaining accurate and timely production data is critical to mining operations. It enables quick adaptations to plan deviations translating into increased productivity and cost savings.
- Thinking customer first drives competitive advantage
Dyno Nobel’s locally manufactured electronic detonator product range has seen strong growth in demand with production increasing by 400 per cent in the past three years at its manufacturing facility in Helidon, Queensland.
- The 2020 welding fume and respiratory protection survey
Even with everything that is now known about the dangers of welding fume, only 20 per cent of Australian and New Zealand welders answered “yes” when they were asked if they felt protected from it at work.
- The future of mine safety: Lessons, trends and developments
Join Hexagon’s Marcos Bayuelo to learn more about the latest advances in the company’s MineProtect portfolio. As MineProtect portfolio manager, Marcos is committed to helping mines mitigate risks and achieve zero harm. He’ll explain why investing in a comprehensive safety portfolio is the smartest decision a mine can make.
- RINGSPANN high and low speed backstops for conveyor applications
RINGSPANN, a leader in the world of mechanical power transmission equipment, showcases why the company is a powerhouse of information when it comes to application guidelines.
- Mine site dust suppression: Stockpile dust control
Stockpiles are an essential part of the mining, civil and infrastructure sectors. With varying width, height and erosion of these piles, site management is subject to stringent protocols to protect employees, contractors and the wider community.
- Inmarsat launches Tailings Insight to support safer management
Inmarsat has launched Tailings Insight, a new Internet of Things solution for monitoring mining tailings storage facilities. Discover why the award-winning solutions enable safer, faster and more reliable mining operations.
- Steiber optimal backstop design provides higher plant efficiency, decreases costs
A major energy company in Australia needed reliable replacement low-speed backstops (LSBs) for six incline conveyors that move coal out of a mine to an adjacent power station.
- The full guide to tracking assets and materials in the resource industry
The misplacement of items and not being able to locate materials or equipment are common causes for project delays. This white paper highlights the causes for missing items, while identifying the information requirements and benefits of tracking everything effectively.