- Atlas Iron
- Hancock Prospecting
- iron ore
- joint venture
- Mineral Resources
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- OZ Minerals
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- thermal coal
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- Pedestrian pallet trucks
Yale has launched new pedestrian pallet trucks design to offer greater comfort and ease of operation.
- Boart Longyear launches range of new products
Boart Longyear has announced a range of new drilling and other products in a bid to improve speed, safety and cost efficiency.
- Plant and equipment hire goes online
Plant and equipment hire can now be done online across Australia with the launch of the Australian owned plantminer.com.au.
- RPM’s latest XACT short-term scheduling software released
RungePincockMinarco (RPM) has released the latest update of its short-term scheduling software, XACT.
- Advanced Robotic Technology alleviates mining downtimes with remote system access
Virtually everything in today’s mining industry is done on a gigantic scale, with vast mining deployments on most continents producing everything from coal, ore and minerals to other natural resources
- 360t Liebherr trucks for Lake Vermont coal project in Central Queensland
Liebherr T282 ultra-class haul trucks are being commissioned by Thiess for the Lake Vermont coal project in Central Queensland.
- Pit and trench protection
Pronal has released pneumatic protection shields for workers operating in pits or trenches.
- Sandvik launches new exploration drill
With safety a major priority in any mining operation, Sandvik have released its newest addition to its range of DE700 series surface exploration drills.
- Off the grid solar solutions
Energy hungry mining companies are increasingly looking for off-grid power solutions, in an effort to reduce the use of diesel generators, bring down electricity costs and minimise carbon footprints.
- “Policing” TML in the Pilbara with the MoistTech CCS-3000 Moisture Analyser
For the first time in 40 years iron ore is being mined below the water table in the Pilbara, so what does this mean for miners?
- Cutting it fine – moisture measurement
New technology is cutting moisture measurement times in the Pilbara.
- Rio commissions Chinese designed 230t dump trucks powered by German engines
China-based Xiangtan Electric Manufacturing Corporation (XEMC) has recently shipped four of its SF33901 mine dump trucks to the Pilbara for use at Rio Tinto’s Mount Tom Price site.
- Deep drill rescue rig
A new deep drill has been released which doubles as a rescue drill.
- Compact hydraulic drifters for underground roof bolting
Roof bolting is considered by many as one of the most significant developments in underground coal mining in the last century.
- Rhinoloc underground mine roof supports
Increasing safety in underground mining is paramount.
- Atlas Copco launches new underground LHD
Atlas Copco has released a new carbon emission free LHD loader.
- Economical multipurpose drilling rigs
Boart Longyear has improved safety features, track mounting on its latest integrated mineral exploration drilling rig.
- Synchronisation of drives for overhead cranes
Modular Cranes Pty Ltd, a Melbourne-based crane manufacturer, have solved the synchronisation of drives for overhead cranes issue.
- The TIPPING point
The issue of overbalanced trucks has been solved.
- Mainpac and SYSPRO collaborate to create new asset management solutions
The simplified asset management offering from Mainpac and SYSPRO promises to deliver significant cost savings to mining companies through the reduction of maintenance costs and improved reliability.