- Anglo American
- electric vehicles
- gold mining
- iron ore
- materials handling
- mining technology
- Northern Territory
- Olympic Dam
- renewable energy
- Rio Tinto
- Sandfire Resources
- South Australia
- tailings Dam
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Rio Tinto installing GE’s aeroderivative gas turbines
Mining giant Rio Tinto is installing General Electric’s aeroderivative gas turbine technology to supply power on two of its Pilbara sites in WA.
- Overcoming the Problem of Incorrectly Specified Conveyor Rollers
Industry has developed international standards to ensure that retrofitting of aftermarket parts can be easily achieved, regardless of where the part originated.
- Manitou Australia launches mining microsite for skid steers and attachments
Materials handling specialist, Manitou Australia has launched a new mining microsite dedicated to mining and quarry applications.
- Terratec’s new universal boxhole boring machine
Tasmanian raise drill and tunnel boring machine manufacturer Terratec has added a new rig to its raise boring product range.
- Telsmith presents new cone crusher
Telsmith’s new T300 Cone Crusher has been rated the largest in-class clearing stroke and the highest in class crushing force.
- Wormald supplies essential breathing apparatus at Ravensworth Mine
Leading fire protection specialist Wormald has supplied a range of life safety products and systems at GlencoreXstrata’s Ravensworth underground Mine.
- Caterpillar ships first Mak Dual fuel engine
Caterpillar Marine Power Systems have announced the shipment of the first Mak M 46 DF dual fuel marine engine.
- Satco processing and felling heads from Caterpillar
Caterpillar Forest Products and Satco have signed a deal that gives Caterpillar the rights to sell and support Satco harvesting attachments and parts all over the world.
- AIMEX Preview – Scania pulls its weight in mining operations
Scania has commissioned several prime movers and rigid trucks with Australian mine operators to show how well suited they are for the country’s mining conditions.
- GE Transportation delivers 500th Minecruiser
Equipment manufacturer GE Transportation rolled out its 500th Mk7.0 TIER 3 Minecruiser today.
- The drilling code of practice: Dealing with spills and prevention
The new Mineral Exploration Drilling Code Of Practice published by the Department of Mines and Petroleum focuses on spill control and prevention
- Turck Overmoulded Valve Plug Cordsets for harsh environments
Turck’s new overmoulded valve plug cordsets come with a unique design offers a full cordset alternative to traditional field wireable connectors.
- Turck I/O system’s new gateway for serial Modbus communication
Turck has expanded its BL20 I/O system with a new gateway for serial Modbus communication.
- Low level access platform from DeltaDeck
For those maintenance tasks and finishing trades, BetaGuard has come up with DeltaDeck 250, a low level access work platform.
- New OTW Hardbanding range
Castolin Eutectic has released a new range of OTW hardbanding products for increased drilling production and efficient oil and gas drilling.
- Unmanned aerial vehicle now with touch screen
The touch screen function on the Operation Centre v2.00 is a new software that immediately processes all flight data on a touch screen tablet, laptop or desktop PC.
- Metso ESF seal for less water consumption
Metso is launching the new ESF mechanical slurry seal for heavy duty slurry pumps
- Caterpillar’s new EL 1000 Longwall Shearer
Caterpillar’s new shearer model, the EL1000, is designed specifically for low and medium height seams. Currently in development, Caterpillar will display it at Longwall, USA.
- Reverse circulation kit for mid-range blasthole drill
Atlas Copco has expanded its blasthole product range with the introduction of the reverse circulation (RC) kit for the DM45/50 mid-range blasthole drill.
- New ABB 3D volumetric laser stockpile scanner
Automation and power technology group ABB has launched the VM3D Volumetric Laser Scanner