- Atlas Iron
- Barrick Gold
- Bowen Basin
- CIMIC Group
- coal mining
- coking coal
- Eastern Goldfields
- Environmental Protection Authority
- Gascoyne Resources
- iron ore
- mining jobs
- mining technology
- Newcrest Mining
- Northern Star Resources
- North Queensland
- NRW Holdings
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- Western Australia
- 3M launches new mining product vending machine
3M has launched a new mining product vending machine to help control inventory and increase onsite productivity.
- A smart phone for dirty jobs
The new Galaxy S5 smartphone stands up to the elements with IP67 water- and dust-proofing certification
- Gough releases polyethylene water tanks
Gough has developed highly durable mining water tanks.
- Atlas Copco to launch new mobile rig for boring mine opening holes
Atlas Copco is set to launch a new mobile rig for boring “opening holes” in mines which it says will be capable of developing both box hole boring and down-reaming without any site preparation.
- Dando Drilling launch two new drill rigs
Dando Drilling has launched a new wireline core drilling rig for remote areas and a compact sonic drill rig.
- Siemag Tecberg on show at AIMEX 2013 [VIDEO]
German based Seimag Tecberg has recently launched itself as a shaft hoisting systems supplier in the Australian market.
- SICK launches ultrasonic air velocity meters
SICK has launched ultrasonic air velocity meters for continuous air flow measurement in mining.
- Mobile solar safety shower attracts international attention
Designed for the roughest, remotest and toughest conditions on the planet, Enware’s Australian made safety showers and eyewash stations are garnering international attention.
- Metso ease mill maintenance with new liners
Metso has developed a new solution to make maintenance of its grinding mills easier.
- New scheduling software for open cut coal miners
Commercial software company Runge Pincock Minarco (RPM) recently launched a mining planning software product that focuses entirely on scheduling an open cut coal mine.
- What women wear
An Australian first line of workwear developed specifically for women, including pregnant women, in mining is already being taken up on site.
- Rio Tinto installing GE’s aeroderivative gas turbines
Mining giant Rio Tinto is installing General Electric’s aeroderivative gas turbine technology to supply power on two of its Pilbara sites in WA.
- Overcoming the Problem of Incorrectly Specified Conveyor Rollers
Industry has developed international standards to ensure that retrofitting of aftermarket parts can be easily achieved, regardless of where the part originated.
- Manitou Australia launches mining microsite for skid steers and attachments
Materials handling specialist, Manitou Australia has launched a new mining microsite dedicated to mining and quarry applications.
- Terratec’s new universal boxhole boring machine
Tasmanian raise drill and tunnel boring machine manufacturer Terratec has added a new rig to its raise boring product range.
- Telsmith presents new cone crusher
Telsmith’s new T300 Cone Crusher has been rated the largest in-class clearing stroke and the highest in class crushing force.
- Wormald supplies essential breathing apparatus at Ravensworth Mine
Leading fire protection specialist Wormald has supplied a range of life safety products and systems at GlencoreXstrata’s Ravensworth underground Mine.
- Caterpillar ships first Mak Dual fuel engine
Caterpillar Marine Power Systems have announced the shipment of the first Mak M 46 DF dual fuel marine engine.
- Satco processing and felling heads from Caterpillar
Caterpillar Forest Products and Satco have signed a deal that gives Caterpillar the rights to sell and support Satco harvesting attachments and parts all over the world.
- AIMEX Preview – Scania pulls its weight in mining operations
Scania has commissioned several prime movers and rigid trucks with Australian mine operators to show how well suited they are for the country’s mining conditions.