Woodside to raise $2.5bn for Scarborough acquisition, LNG expansion
Woodside Petroleum has announced a $2.5 billion equity raising to provide funding to increase its stake in the Scarborough gas field offshore Western Australia by 50 per cent.
Attracting the next generation to mining
Mining may be vitally important to Australia, but there is a perception that today’s young people no longer have a strong interest in the industry.
Komatsu to ramp up automation deployment
Komatsu plans to accelerate the pace of mining automation through the ongoing development of its autonomous haulage system (AHS).
The top mining trends of 2018
Mining is poised for growth, according to Deloitte’s 2018 Tracking the Trends report.
- February 19, 2018Comments 0
- February 14, 2018Comments 0
- January 29, 2018Comments 0
- January 24, 2018Comments 0
- January 16, 2018Comments 0
- January 11, 2018Comments 0
- February 12, 2018Comments (0)It’s important to know the basic principles to create a safe, strong and clean weld. Mathew Hefferan, field applications specialist at Welding Industries of Australia (WIA), shares his top eight ...
- February 12, 2018Comments (0)Since opening its state-of-the-art service centre in Mackay, Queensland in March 2017, SEW-EURODRIVE has been working with its mining operator customers to ensure their gearboxes and drives are performing at ...
- October 23, 2017Comments (0)Alemlube is Australia’s leading supplier of lubrication and workshop equipment and for over 20 years has also been providing turnkey workshop solutions to the mining, contractor, automotive and transport industries.
- October 5, 2016Comments (0)Wood Mackenzie breaks down the latest developments in FLNG, and trends ahead for the industry.
- February 15, 2017Comments (0)This case study shows how choosing the right insulation for LNG pipelines is key to making sure you have the most efficient cost effective insulation for your project. Download this whitepaper by filling in your details in the form below.
- February 15, 2017Comments (0)This whitepaper discusses the problems caused by uneven crane rails, non-tracking related crane runway issues and physical signs of crane rail and wheel wear. Rail surveys are remote control operated to avoid dangerous work near the runway tracks. They reduce downtime by identifying problems upfront and is only required as problems arise, which in turn saves more time. To download the whitepaper, fill in your details in the form below.
- January 31, 2017Comments (0)In some industries, the specific safety requirements go far beyond what is prescribed by TÜV or national laws. Especially great is the need for safety in the petroleum processing industry, for example in storing liquid gas in spherical tanks. This whitepaper shows that thanks to the powerful signal focusing of the new VEGAPULS 64, new areas of application for non-contact radar measurement technology are now opening up.