Mount Gibson to create 400 jobs to restart Koolan Island iron ore mine
Mount Gibson Iron will spend $97 million to redevelop and restart production at the Koolan Island iron ore mine in Western Australia after a feasibility study delivered “compelling economics” for the project.
BHP coal project to create hundreds of jobs in Bowen Basin
BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) has approved a $US204 million ($270.1 million) investment in the Caval Ridge Southern Circuit (CRSC) capital growth project in Queensland’s Bowen Basin.
Chinese company walks away from $1.3bn Barrick Super Pit acquisition
Barrick Gold’s plan to sell its 50 per cent stake in the Super Pit gold mine in Kalgoorlie for $1.3 billion has fallen through after the Chinese buyer decided to abandon the deal.
Australian mining industry backs move to scrap 457 visas
Australia’s mining industry has supported the federal government’s plan to replace the 457 Visa program with a new temporary worker immigration scheme.
- March 29, 2017Comments 0
- March 15, 2017Comments 0
- March 01, 2017Comments 0
- February 21, 2017Comments 0
- February 20, 2017Comments 0
- February 20, 2017Comments 0
- October 5, 2016Comments (0)Wood Mackenzie breaks down the latest developments in FLNG, and trends ahead for the industry.
- September 22, 2016Comments (0)Today’s infographic explains how oil is formed, while also covering some of oil’s uses and history. It also mentions an alternate theory on how oil is formed.
- August 26, 2016Comments (638)When it comes to conserving the world’s oceans, bigger isn’t necessarily better. Globally, there has been an increasing trend towards placing very large marine reserves in remote regions. While these ...
- July 14, 2016Comments (0)Crude oil is the world’s most actively traded commodity, and oil-related trades are a staple for traders, hedgers, investors around the globe. This infographic examines where trading begin, and where ...
- February 15, 2017Comments (0)This case study shows how choosing the right insulation for LNG pipelines is key to making sure you have the most efficient cost effective insulation for your project. Download this whitepaper by filling in your details in the form below.
- February 15, 2017Comments (0)This whitepaper discusses the problems caused by uneven crane rails, non-tracking related crane runway issues and physical signs of crane rail and wheel wear. Rail surveys are remote control operated to avoid dangerous work near the runway tracks. They reduce downtime by identifying problems upfront and is only required as problems arise, which in turn saves more time. To download the whitepaper, fill in your details in the form below.
- January 31, 2017Comments (0)In some industries, the specific safety requirements go far beyond what is prescribed by TÜV or national laws. Especially great is the need for safety in the petroleum processing industry, for example in storing liquid gas in spherical tanks. This whitepaper shows that thanks to the powerful signal focusing of the new VEGAPULS 64, new areas of application for non-contact radar measurement technology are now opening up.