Anglo American Hunter Valley coal mine expansion suffers another setback
Anglo American’s expansion plan for the Drayton South coal operation in the Hunter Valley region of New South Wales has again been knocked back.
Ausdrill locks in $200 million of contract extensions in WA’s Goldfields
Mining services company Ausdrill has secured more than $200 million worth of contract extensions with two of its existing clients in the Goldfields region of Western Australia – Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines (KCGM) and Gold Fields.
South32 coal acquisition comes under fire from ACCC
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has raised concerns about South32’s proposed acquisition of Peabody Energy’s Metropolitan coal assets in the Illawarra region of New South Wales.
BHP Billiton uses higher commodity prices, productivity push to increase profit
BHP Billiton has delivered a significant rise in profit during the first half of the 2017 financial year, helped by a resurgence in commodity prices and a company push to lift productivity.
- February 21, 2017Comments 0
- February 20, 2017Comments 0
- February 20, 2017Comments 0
- February 02, 2017Comments 0
- January 23, 2017Comments 0
- January 18, 2017Comments 0
- October 5, 2016Comments (0)Wood Mackenzie breaks down the latest developments in FLNG, and trends ahead for the industry.
- September 22, 2016Comments (0)Today’s infographic explains how oil is formed, while also covering some of oil’s uses and history. It also mentions an alternate theory on how oil is formed.
- August 26, 2016Comments (412)When it comes to conserving the world’s oceans, bigger isn’t necessarily better. Globally, there has been an increasing trend towards placing very large marine reserves in remote regions. While these ...
- July 14, 2016Comments (0)Crude oil is the world’s most actively traded commodity, and oil-related trades are a staple for traders, hedgers, investors around the globe. This infographic examines where trading begin, and where ...
- February 15, 2017Comments (0)This case study shows how choosing the right insulation for LNG pipelines is key to making sure you have the most efficient cost effective insulation for your project. Applied Polymers insulation provides optimum insulation for business projects. This case study shows how they have supplied the Gorgon Project to ensure the project has achieved the optimum insulation required, including APTANE high density polyurethane (HD PUR) pour foam as well as APTANE low density polyurethane (LD PUR) spray foam systems for pre-insulated pipe sections and low density pour foam systems for the insulation of valve boxes. Download this whitepaper by filling in your details ...
- February 15, 2017Comments (0)This whitepaper discusses the problems caused by uneven crane rails, non-tracking related crane runway issues and physical signs of crane rail and wheel wear. It then shows how MHE-Demag’s 3D crane runway survey is convenient, reduces downtime and saves the user time and money. The survey is remote control operated to avoid dangerous work near the runway tracks. It reduces downtime by identifying problems upfront and is only required as problems arise, which in turn saves more time. To download the whitepaper, fill in your details in the form below.
- January 31, 2017Comments (0)In some industries, the specific safety requirements go far beyond what is prescribed by TÜV or national laws. Especially great is the need for safety in the petroleum processing industry, for example in storing liquid gas in spherical tanks. This whitepaper shows that thanks to the powerful signal focusing of the new VEGAPULS 64, new areas of application for non-contact radar measurement technology are now opening up.