Yancoal unveils $US710m bid for Mitsubishi Hunter Valley coal stake
Yancoal has launched a $US710 million ($946.9 million) offer for Mitsubishi’s stake in its Hunter Valley Operations Joint Venture (HVO JV) with Rio Tinto in New South Wales.
Newcrest to relaunch operations at earthquake-hit Cadia East by September
Newcrest Mining expects to restart production at the earthquake-hit Cadia East mine in New South Wales by the end of September.
Glencore to sell Tahmoor mine after shelving plans to close operation
Hundreds of coal mining jobs may be saved after Glencore today put its Tahmoor underground mine in New South Wales up for sale.
Adani poised to use Arrium steel for Carmichael project railway
Adani is on track to announce plans to use steel from Arrium’s Whyalla steelworks for its railway line in the Galilee basin from its Carmichael project in Queensland.
- May 09, 2017Comments 0
- May 09, 2017Comments 0
- May 04, 2017Comments 0
- May 03, 2017Comments 0
- March 29, 2017Comments 0
- May 17, 2017Comments (0)Throughout the world, oil and gas companies are under growing pressure to boost the efficiency of their operations. Taking an eye off the ball for even a short period can ...
- October 5, 2016Comments (0)Wood Mackenzie breaks down the latest developments in FLNG, and trends ahead for the industry.
- September 22, 2016Comments (0)Today’s infographic explains how oil is formed, while also covering some of oil’s uses and history. It also mentions an alternate theory on how oil is formed.
- August 26, 2016Comments (745)When it comes to conserving the world’s oceans, bigger isn’t necessarily better. Globally, there has been an increasing trend towards placing very large marine reserves in remote regions. While these ...
- July 14, 2016Comments (0)Crude oil is the world’s most actively traded commodity, and oil-related trades are a staple for traders, hedgers, investors around the globe. This infographic examines where trading begin, and where ...
- February 15, 2017Comments (0)This case study shows how choosing the right insulation for LNG pipelines is key to making sure you have the most efficient cost effective insulation for your project. Download this whitepaper by filling in your details in the form below.
- February 15, 2017Comments (0)This whitepaper discusses the problems caused by uneven crane rails, non-tracking related crane runway issues and physical signs of crane rail and wheel wear. Rail surveys are remote control operated to avoid dangerous work near the runway tracks. They reduce downtime by identifying problems upfront and is only required as problems arise, which in turn saves more time. To download the whitepaper, fill in your details in the form below.
- January 31, 2017Comments (0)In some industries, the specific safety requirements go far beyond what is prescribed by TÜV or national laws. Especially great is the need for safety in the petroleum processing industry, for example in storing liquid gas in spherical tanks. This whitepaper shows that thanks to the powerful signal focusing of the new VEGAPULS 64, new areas of application for non-contact radar measurement technology are now opening up.