The 11th Annual Australian Mining Prospect Awards were held last Friday, with the industry taking time out to recognise and reward excellence within the mining sector.
Like many of the previous years there was stiff competition across the numerous categories, with more than 100 nominations for the awards.
So firstly, congratulations to all the finalists for this year; without people such as yourselves the mining industry would not be as innovative and forward thinking as it is.
Below, we list the winners from this year's awards, but keep an eye out this week and as well delve deeper into the winners, and reveal why they stood out above the rest, and how they are making a difference in mining.
And the Winners are:
- Excellence in Mine Safety, OH&S – Sponsored by GE Mining: MineARC for its EnviroLAV underground portable mine latrine
- Excellence in Environmental Management – : Environmental Fluid Systems (EFS) for its train washdown facilities and degreasers created for Fortescue Metals Group
- Innovative Mining Solution – Sponsored by Hitachi: Columbus Group for its 3D down the hole drilling
- Minerals Processing of the Year – Sponsored by Metso: CSIRO for its developments in thiosulfate use in gold processing
- Community Interaction: China Molybdenum's Northparkes mine for its Volunteer Program
- Explorer of the Year: Resolve Coal for its Hyde Park coal project.
- Contractor of the Year – Sponsored by Atlas Copco: PYBAR
- The Peoples' Choice Award (Which received more than 6000 votes up until the point it closed) – Sponsored by Foxtel for Business : Miner's Promise CEO Cassandra White
- Manager of the Year – Sponsored by Townley Group International : Rio Tinto's Jo Corliss
- Young Achiever – Sponsored by Caltex: Nathan Anderson
- Mining's Woman of the Year – Sponsored by Orica : Kym Clark
- Contribution to Mining – Sponsored by Nautitech Mining Systems: Norman Moore
- Coal Mine of the Year – Sponsored by SEW Eurodrive: Peabody Energy's Millennium mine
- Hard Rock Mine of the Year – Sponsored by Atlas Copco: AngloGold Ashanti/Independence Group Joint Venture's Tropicana mine
- Mine of the Year – Sponsored by MMD Australia: Peabody Energy's Millennium coal mine