A proposed sand quarry near Dubbo has been criticised by local residents.
The site of the mine will cover two hectares on Mogriguy Roadand the quarry will have a depth of two metres.
Dubbo City Council's acting general manager David Dwyer said a total of 6000 cubic metres of sand will be mined every year or five truckloads of sand per week, The Daily Liberal reported.
Sand will be extracted by a front end loader and taken via Coolbaggie Forest Road onto Mogriguy Road and then onto the Highway.
Dwyer said letters had been sent to the owners of 11 nearby property owners to notify them of the proposal.
The development plan will be on public exhibition until January 13.
Chris Sampson lives near the proposed site and said she does not want to see another mine developed.
"There was a mine here before two doors up from us, about 200 metres from the house and they left it," Sampson said.
"It still hasn't been cleaned up; it looks like a bomb's hit the place."
Sampson wants more people to make a submission about the proposal.
"The application is very inconclusive," she said.
"It's like they're saying 'If I can't see them they're not there,' they're not acknowledging us living there."
Deputy mayor Ben Shields said he was concerned that the people of Eumungerie would be negatively impacted by the sand quarry.
"I don't think the road is capable of handling big trucks- it worries me," Shields said.
"If it's a small operation with no employment opportunities of the people of Eumungerie then there may not be any benefit to the area.”