Miner airlifted suffering carbon monoxide poisoning

Suffering carbon monoxide poisoning, a miner has been airlifted from a remote mine site east of Mount Isa in Queensland on Saturday.

Operating a truck at thetime, the 35-year-old female worker began to feel unwell when the RACQ NQRescue Helicopter was called.

The rescue helicoptertransferred the worker to Mount Isa hospital in a stablecondition where she underwent tests and scans.

Executive manager of the Queensland Ambulance Service North West, Evan Kaddatz told Australian Mining the patient was exposed to carbon monoxide while working in a confined space, and once treated in a ventilated area she made a full recovery.

To keep up to date with Australian Mining, subscribe to our free email newsletters delivered straight to your inbox. Click here.