This year MICROMINE celebrates its 30th Anniversary. Since its beginning in 1986, MICROMINE’s mission has been to provide high quality products and services that create value for exploration and mining companies and assist them achieve their goals.
Over the years, MICROMINE has grown by listening to our clients and responding to the changing marketplace. We are now one of the only global companies that offers a suite of solutions that span the breadth of the mining cycle, from geological exploration and data management, to resource estimation, mine design, planning and production control., means that our clients can source all of their software and consulting needs through the one local vendor.
With offices in Australia, Indonesia, China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Peru, Brazil, Mongolia, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, and South Africa, MICROMINE is truly a world leader. Not only do we provide local expertise, our specialists are industry professionals with ‘real-world’ experience, so understand the issues and needs of our clients.
The history of MICROMINE demonstrates our commitment to ongoing improvement. Below we have highlighted a few of the significant milestones.
- 1986– MICROMINE is created as a business unit of Geometra Pty. Ltd (a land and hydrographic surveying company based in Sydney).
- 1987– Appointed MICROMINE’S first international agency in Indonesia for sales and product support following export sales into that country.
- 1999– Acquired new products – geological data management solution, now Geobank and a fleet management and mine control solution, now Pitram.
- 2001– First western mining software company to enter the former Soviet Union and opened offices in Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan.
- 2002– First western mining software company to open representative office in China.
- 2005– Micromine software became the first and only software to be accredited by the Chinese Ministry of Lands and Resources for calculating mineral reserves and resources.
- 2006– Micromine software became the first and only software to be accredited by the Mongolian Ministry of Lands and Resources for calculating mineral reserves and resources. At this time, by government instruction, all mineral exploration data and reserves had to be reported in Micromine format.
- 2008– Pitram is implemented in more mine sites than any competitor becoming the market leader in underground mine control solutions.
- MICROMINE receives over AU$9 million from Australian Industry grants for research and development. One of which being the largest ever awarded to a mining software provider
- 2011– MICROMINE was awarded Microsoft Gold Partner Certification as an Independent Software Vendor and Windows® 8 Compatible.
- 2014 – Founder and Director Graeme Tuder named an Australian Export Hero by the Export Council of Australia
- 2016– MICROMINE became Windows® 10 Certified.
As we celebrate our 30 years of progress, we recommit to providing high quality software and service to our clients.