A correctly sized hydraulic rock breaker and suitably positioned boom system are well-recognised, safe and reliable solutions that can maximise the productivity of any crushing circuit.
However, before purchasing a new rock breaker boom system, it is important to consider four critical factors to maximise the return on investment and ensure optimum performance.
- Firstly, a hydraulic rockbreaker must be correctly sized by considering all aspects of the application, including rock hardness, rock size, expected duty and the space available.
- The boom size and reach must be correct in order to carry the weight of the chosen rockbreaker and meet the reach requirements for the application.
- Correct position, elevation and working slew angle of the boom system can make a big difference to the useability and maintainability of the system.
- The boom system has advanced safety systems, automation and remote operation options available to increase safety and efficiency.
Total Rockbreaking Solutions engineering manager Paul Ingleson said the company aims to help customers take advantage of the extensive Rammer product range by selecting the right boom and rockbreaker for the job.
The company package this with the correct controls and power pack to match client requirements, and work with customers to optimise the installation to ensure reliable operation and maximum productivity and serviceability.
“We can also assist customers to optimise the operation of their Rammer Boom System by providing integrated control system options to increase efficiency and safety, and reduce cycle times and downtime due to rockbreaking,” Ingleson said.
Rammer is a leading boom supplier and hydraulic rock breaker manufacturer with 40 years of experience in supplying hydraulic boom systems for the mining industry and quarries world-wide. Due to high volume production Rammer Booms are extremely economical compared to other boom systems on the market and standard spare parts and tools are readily available globally.
Rammer is one of the most recognised and trusted brands in the Australian market and customers are supported by an independent network of highly experienced Rammer agents.
AUSTRALIAN RAMMER DEALERSHIP NETWORK
- NSW: Ground Tec Equipment
- VIC/TAS: Walkers Hammers
- WA: Total Rockbreaking Solutions (TRS)
- QLD: Precision Screen
- SA/NT: Renex Equipment
FOr more information, visit: https://www.totalrockbreaking.com.au/images/pdf/4_Things_to_consider_Booms.pdf