Empire pours first gold at Penny’s Find

Empire Resources has poured first gold at its Penny’s Find gold mine near Kalgoorlie in Western Australia.

The gold bar was poured at the Lakewood toll milling facility from a portion of the gravity gold recovered in the processing of Penny’s Find ore.

Empire is expecting additional gold pours of gravity and leach circuit gold at Lakewood this week.

An additional 9000 tonnes of ore already stockpiled at Lakewood is currently being processed.

Empire has also transported 16,000 tonnes of ore to the Burbanks toll milling facility near Coolgardie for processing. The company expects to pour gold at Burbanks this week.

In March, Empire secured $7.5 million in funding to help advance Penny’s Find into production.

The open pit mine has gold resources of around 146,000 tonnes at 4.62 grams per tonne of gold for 21,7000 ounces.

Penny’s Find is 60 per cent owned by Empire, with Brimstone Resources holding the remaining 40 per cent.

To keep up to date with Australian Mining, subscribe to our free email newsletters delivered straight to your inbox. Click here.