As resources in some areas become scarce or depleted, mining companies are forced to push new frontiers of exploration. To reach those resources which remain, mines are increasingly being established in off-grid locations and their lifecycle is decreasing, meaning it is no longer financially viable to build permanent power infrastructures to service the mine.
Instead, remote mines are now utilising scalable microgrids that can evolve with the lifecycle, improving flexibility and efficiency. These microgrids also offer an independence from the grid that can often result in a cost-effective solution that doesn’t compromise on reliability.
Aggreko delivers flexible, temporary power plants tailored to meet the time-frame, location, type of fuel and budget that is required. From three months to many years of partnership, its power plants are scalable and can increase or decrease it, depending on demand. Some of the key benefits of an Aggreko microgrid include:
- Turn-key power plants which are designed, engineered, commissioned and operated to the same high standard globally
- 24/7 operations personnel with on site storage of critical parts and on-going supply chain
- Mobilisation and civils, including fuel infrastructure by technicians
- Generators pre-packaged in modular ISO containers; automatic synchronising and load-sharing fitted as standard
- Step-up to HV in “packs” in standard configuration for quick ramp up/down
- Plant control from site or via remote monitoring
- Being best suited for harsh operating conditions, including high ambient, humidity, remote locations
- Market-leading efficiency for modular diesel, gas or solar hybrid
- Fully retrievable – no stranding risk
- Unlimited start/stops and variable loads
Modular, flexible and efficient, Aggreko’s multi-megawatt power plants are built to evolve with the life cycle of the mine.
Don’t let power hold you back, give us a call today on 1300 853 846 to fast track your mining operation.