RESOURCES Safety — a division of the WA Department of Consumer and Employment Protection — has issued a Mines Safety Bulletin with advice on the Emergency Management Act 2005.
The aim of the Act is to establish overarching emergency management arrangements for WA’s emergency services, including local governments and support organisations.
The Act is also aimed at providing necessary legislative powers and protection, and improving protection for volunteers.
The Bulletin provides:
- an overview of the EM Act and key powers available
- general information about the Emergency Management Act 2005
- where the Emergency Management Act and Regulations be accessed
- State Emergency Management Arrangements
- Hazard Management Agencies
- Volunteer Employment Protection
- practical application to the mining industry
- how to ensure the best outcome
For more information, see Mines Safety Bulletin No. 82 – Emergency Management Act 2005.