HARTING Han Ex connectors are designed to meet the intrinsic safety requirements for ignition protection in explosion-hazard areas.
In intrinsically safe circuits, a limit is set to energy so that even a spark would not ignite an explosive environment.
With the Han Ex series, HARTING offers a comprehensive and well-matched connection systems consisting of hoods/housings, inserts and cable glands.
Hoods and housings are made from an alloy that can safely be used in a methane-coal atmosphere. In addition, hoods and housings offer protection IP65 (in mated position).
Furthermore, the hood’s/housing’s blue colour indicates that an intrinsically safe circuit is present.
The inserts compatible with Han Ex allow for high-density contact arrangements, meeting the standards of the category intrinsically safe even in the tightest of spaces.
Han Ex connectors are designed especially for the named explosion protection method. The intrinsic safety protection technique is based on the limitation of energy supply, thus ensuring a safe operation of electrical equipment in hazardous areas.
The limitations may relate to current, voltage, capacitivity and/or inductivity.
Finally, a Han Ex connector is always part of a comprehensive supply system for devices in the field, including current transfers between Ex and Non-ex areas. For more information, please visit www.HARTING.com/AU
Han Ex series special features
Metal locking levers require tools to open
- Advantage: Does not allow opening of levers by hand
- Benefit: Prevents opening levers/connector unintentionally in an explosive atmosphere
Quick connect and disconnect
- Advantage: Increased installation speed without special tools and improved safety and vibration-proof
- Benefit: Reduces maintenance downtime and troubleshooting compared to hardwiring alternative
High density contact inserts
- Advantage: Increased number of poles within a defined profile
- Benefit: Space saving – ability to place additional conductors per each connector
Han Ex series specifications:
- Certified to EN 60079 standard
- IP65 rated (minimum) and up to IP67
- Available sizes: 3A, 6 B, 10 B, 16 B, 24 B and 48 B
- Inserts on basis of Han® E with 6 to 24 contacts
- Termination options: Crim, Screw, Han-Quick Lock
- Thread sizes M20 to M40 for cable outlet
- Temperature range: -20 to +40°C
- Suitable for intrinsically safe circuits
- Suitable for areas classed 1 and 2