- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- The real value of digital transformation for mining and metals companies
Mining, metals and materials companies have increased their investment in automation and technological innovation, embracing new opportunities to improve productivity.
- Operator insights on the new Cat D11
One of the first operators in Australia to get in the seat of the new Cat D11 gives his insights into the evolution of Caterpillar’s largest and most imposing track type tractor.
- Printing complex parts with Markforged Technology
A 3D printer has helped engineers and designers by providing a new and complementary way to make prototypes and production parts.
- Live connectivity for emergency refuge chambers
Strata Worldwide Emergency refuge chambers, coupled with the company’s DigitalBRIDGE communication system, establish digital connectivity for remote monitoring and communication.
- Creating value from IoT and analytics in mining
This white paper by Nokia looks at the role these Industry 4.0 technologies are playing in the digital transformation of the mine and the use of IoT and analytics across a number of
specific mining use cases
- Computing around AI and autonomous vehicles in mining
There have been significant advances in the realm of artificial intelligence (AI) and autonomous vehicles in the industry, with segments such as the mining and resources sector pioneering the implementation of this technology in Australia.
- Pathways to an economically sustainable hydrogen industry in Australia
As Australia transitions to a low-emissions energy future, there is vast potential for a new industry in hydrogen, building on our national technological advantages, export capabilities and strong relationships with key international energy markets.
- RINGSPANN: A one-stop-shop for mechanical power transmission products
This article discusses RINGSPANN freewheels of the FXM series, which offer a low maintenance, ‘fit and forget solution’ on industrial drive trains.
- Loram solution improves effectiveness of shoulder ballast cleaning
Shoulder ballast cleaning is a cost-effective alternative to improve track performance and restore drainage.
- Concept Environmental Services saves on nickel tailings
This white paper shows the installation of two Concept Environmental Services tanks at a nickel recovery operation in Western Australia.
- Save capital, fast track projects with modular power plant
Mining companies are under great financial pressure as a result of fluctuating demand and uncertainty around commodity prices, so the need to improve efficiency across all operational aspects of a mine site is mission critical.
- Loram vacuum excavation technology for ballast and grade remediation
Vacuum excavation is the most effective means of removing fouled ballast from specialty trackwork.
- CRC Clear Zinc: A clear leader in protection
CRC Clear Zinc’s advanced protective coating technology protects surfaces from chemical, environmental and ultraviolet damage, preventing rust, oxidation, corrosion, staining and fading for up to 27 months.
- Driving ultimate operational efficiency
REMA Tip Top is a leading supplier of products and services designed to extend the life and increase the availability of key mining systems and equipment.
- Communications, tracking, and mine monitoring with StrataConnect MC2
The StrataConnect MC2 is an underground personnel communication and location tracking device that operates on the StrataConnect wireless mesh network – formally known as Strata CommTrac.
- How Going Mobile Can Optimise Your Mine
Upgrading from a voice-based fleet management system to an automated mobile solution enables mine managers to gain critical efficiencies across their site, resulting in a positive effect on their operations bottom line.
- The future of technology in mining at a glance
OSIsoft surveyed over 100 C-level, executives and directors from the top companies to understand not only their challenges on technology but most importantly their perspectives on the future.
- Erizon rehabilitates Kanmantoo mine site
An effective revegetation strategy starts with a comprehensive soil analysis. Only then can a site-specific solution be developed for optimal rehabilitation and soil stabilisation. This case study shows the necessary steps to minimise dust and stabilise soil on batters around a typical mine operation.
- Gas monitoring solutions in underground mining environments
Whenever a new site for an underground mine is opened, one of the primary concerns remains the ventilation inside the mine.
- How to ensure on-time contractor delivery with AWP
Read this article which explores how AWP helps contractors improve productivity, increase predictability and reduce costs.