- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Predictive maintenance playbook from DINGO
This playbook by DINGO looks at what predictive maintenance means and how you can maximise the data you already have, bring all your data into one system, transform your data into actionable intelligence, implement the right process and empower your employees.
- Monitoring harmful gases in mines: Are you protected?
The measurement of some gases is complex, each measuring principle has its advantages and disadvantages.
- Live monitoring for underground refuge
Strata Worldwide Emergency Refuge Chambers, coupled with the company’s DigitalBRIDGE communication network, provides a complete safety system for the ultimate mine emergency preparedness.
- Improving wear rates with engineered solutions
An iron ore processing facility in Western Australia has worked with its original equipment manufacturer, McLanahan, to optimise the rotary trommels to handle high tonnage and wear rates.
- Loram preventive rail grinding
Regular preventive rail grinding has become the industry best practice to extend rail life. Preventive grinding is accomplished by matching the capabilities of the rail grinder performing the work to the growth rate of rolling contact fatigue (RCF) on a railroad asset. This approach has many benefits notably extending the life of the rail by … Continue reading Loram preventive rail grinding
- HALO: The original industrial LED strip light
HALO is the original Industrial LED strip light and we are celebrating 10 years this year with thousands of meters installed in six continents.
- ITM Mining undercarriage: Manufacturing, engineering, technical support
Undercarriage life in abrasive conditions has impacted negatively on the cost per hour, causing customers around the world to look for suppliers who can add value beyond typical undercarriage supplier capabilities.
- RINGSPANN couplings and shrink discs: The story so far
Another chapter in our presence in power transmission, design engineering, machine elements, connection technology and machine and plant construction.
- Local manufacturing drives 64% YOY sales increase
Thinking customer-first drives competitive advantage for Dyno Nobel’s premium technology. Underpinned by its industry leading experts and the ability to leverage competitive pricing through a global supply footprint, Dyno Nobel’s strategy has led to its market leading position today.
- An uninterruptible power source with Aggreko’s virtual power plants
Gas power generation offers a greener and more cost-effective alternative to diesel and HFO, however, not every mine has an existing gas pipeline they can leverage.
- Intelligent mining with BELAZ autonomous haul trucks
With a manufacturing history of over 70 years and a dump truck fleet ranging in loading capacities from 30 to 450 tonnes, BELAZ is the latest of the large global dump truck manufacturers to roll out autonomous dump truck systems.
- Business intelligence for the physical world: Drone mapping, modelling and analytics solutions
Advances in drone hardware and software have spawned innovations in the way companies monitor and manage physical sites, capital assets and projects.
- EAGLE XT Series LED light boasts latest solar panel tech
Innovative Lighting Australia is a distributor for IQ Lighting. One of the latest additions to the product portfolio is the EAGLE XT Series all-in-one solar LED light.
- Northern Minerals and business nbn Satellite Service: How Vocus connected a remote mine site with the rest of Australia
Because mine sites are often in remote locations, telecommunications coverage is often limited and unreliable, hampering the business’s need for high-speed data and voice connectivity. This case study demonstrates how Vocus has overcome the challenges of getting an isolated mine site online and how that translated into better outcomes for its workforce.
- Bridging the data gap in underground mining
Obtaining accurate and timely production data is critical to mining operations. It enables quick adaptations to plan deviations translating into increased productivity and cost savings.
- Thinking customer first drives competitive advantage
Dyno Nobel’s locally manufactured electronic detonator product range has seen strong growth in demand with production increasing by 400 per cent in the past three years at its manufacturing facility in Helidon, Queensland.
- The 2020 welding fume and respiratory protection survey
Even with everything that is now known about the dangers of welding fume, only 20 per cent of Australian and New Zealand welders answered “yes” when they were asked if they felt protected from it at work.
- The future of mine safety: Lessons, trends and developments
Join Hexagon’s Marcos Bayuelo to learn more about the latest advances in the company’s MineProtect portfolio. As MineProtect portfolio manager, Marcos is committed to helping mines mitigate risks and achieve zero harm. He’ll explain why investing in a comprehensive safety portfolio is the smartest decision a mine can make.
- RINGSPANN high and low speed backstops for conveyor applications
RINGSPANN, a leader in the world of mechanical power transmission equipment, showcases why the company is a powerhouse of information when it comes to application guidelines.
- Inmarsat launches Tailings Insight to support safer management
Inmarsat has launched Tailings Insight, a new Internet of Things solution for monitoring mining tailings storage facilities. Discover why the award-winning solutions enable safer, faster and more reliable mining operations.