- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Top News
- Western Australia
- How to reduce the total cost of process equipment
Weir Minerals, manufacturer of Warman pumps, has developed a calculation model to help analyse costs attached to the purchase and operation of a slurry pump over its complete lifecycle.
- Redmap: Evolution Mining case study
Evolution Mining has deployed Pronto Xi via Scope Systems to support the processing of between 9000 and 10,000 invoices per month.
- Hybrid electronic initiation technology overbreak trials success
To combat excessive blast overbreak in notoriously challenging ground conditions at two underground mines in the Goldfields of Western Australia, perimeter control products were trialled late last year.
- Bearing forward to Industry 4.0 with SKF’s integrated solutions
As the world’s largest bearing manufacturer, SKF is a name synonymous with bearings. The company, however, has long-realised the oncoming impact that Industry 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) will have on its business and customers.
- Hybrid electronic initiation tech overbreak trials success
Dyno Nobel has trialled perimeter control products to combat excessive blast outbreak in notoriously challenging ground conditions at two underground mines in the Goldfields of Western Australia.
- Eight must-haves when purchasing a project document management system
This whitepaper outlines eight key benefits for construction and other capital projects provided by a complete project document management system.
- Monitoring braking systems with IIoT solution
Altra Motion’s global brand, Svendborg Brakes, has launched an Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) solution that promises to improve the reliability of brake systems for mining components.
- A practical guide to welding fume control
After a four year review and in conjunction with welders, industry professionals and occupational hygienists, Australian Welding Supplies (AWS) has released a guideline to help welders and employers manage the risks posed by welding fume.
- Minprovise solves 8000L fuel issue for mine sites
A major player in the Australian mining scene has approached Minprovise to solve the issue of refuelling in remote areas on site.
- Stealing uses for steel
DYNA Engineering’s HDPE (plastic) conveyor guards are providing Australian miners with a sustainable solution for site safety.
- Power transmission solutions for vertical lift systems
With over 85 years of experience, Altra Motion provides many critical drivetrain products for shiploaders and port conveyors to meet bulk material handling requirements worldwide.
- Customisation, modularisation deliver value to remote Indonesian mine
A remote Indonesian mine has received three McLanahan Feeder-Breakers. The client, a state-owned energy provider and one of the largest coal mining companies in Indonesia, needed robust and reliable feeding and crushing equipment to meet the challenges of their rugged and remote location.
- Hybrid systems: The future of mining power
When it comes to power, one way miners can improve efficiency and bottom lines massively is through the implementation of hybrid power.
- Webinar: BHP deploys Olympic Dam autonomous drones for greater insights
BHP Olympic Dam’s geotech, geology and engineering teams use drone-based LiDAR data to make better decisions in stope design, orepasses, drawpoints and raises.
- SINTAKOTE fittings: Steel pipeline system
Steel pipe is synonymous with strength. In comparison with any other pipe material, steel offers the highest strength, in proportion to wall thickness of any commercial piping material.
- Safety Spotlight magazine: Insights for the Australian industry
The October 2020 edition of Blackwoods’ Safety Spotlight explores topics and solutions that are critical to keeping people safe on the worksite.
- HDPE: Stealing uses for steel
This white paper discusses how it is now becoming possible to increase the amount of recycled and recyclable plastics used in these new HDPE products, increasing their sustainability.
- Building better safety: Engineering advances that benefit the construction industry
Thanks to stringent workplace health and safety (WHS) legislation globally and adherence to safe work practices, instances of workplace injury are trending downward. However, the construction industry is still susceptible to elevated rates when compared with other sectors.
- RINGSPANN locking assemblies offer a competitive choice for manufacturers
RINGSPANN shaft-hub connections (include locking assemblies, shrink discs and rigid shaft couplings) are a highly competitive choice for the Australian manufacturers of conveyor pulleys and gear drive systems.
- Future-proofing underground operations with fully-automated fleet management
Upgrading from Pitram Voice to the fully automated Pitram Mobile solution was a crucial step in IGO’s quest to future-proof its underground operations.