- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Top News
- Western Australia
- RINGSPANN locking assemblies offer a competitive choice for manufacturers
RINGSPANN shaft-hub connections (include locking assemblies, shrink discs and rigid shaft couplings) are a highly competitive choice for the Australian manufacturers of conveyor pulleys and gear drive systems.
- Future-proofing underground operations with fully-automated fleet management
Upgrading from Pitram Voice to the fully automated Pitram Mobile solution was a crucial step in IGO’s quest to future-proof its underground operations.
- Belt cleaning best practices for effective conveyor system maintenance
This white paper discusses some of the best practices in conveyor belt cleaning and maintenance while introducing the latest solutions provided by the ESS engineering team to address the mining industry’s requirements for safe and efficient belt cleaning solutions.
- Visualise your mine from anywhere, any time, on any device
COVID-19 has accelerated the need for mines to be able to operate with fewer personnel at site. Remote communication and collaboration are now more important than ever.
- Truck volume measurement with LaseTVM
The LaseTVM systems are high precision volumetric bulk material measurement solutions for road trucks or mining trucks.
- Discover how OEM spare parts and refurbishments support mining operations
McLanahan supports mineral processing operations with OEM rebuilds and refurbishment services, part optimisations and upgrades and high-quality spare parts to maximise the reliability of equipment while minimising running costs.
- Maximising value in stope optimisation and open pit grade control
This paper provides a performance comparison between stope designs that are produced via powerful mathematical programming and those produced for open pits by the industry accepted Lerchs-Grossmann algorithm.
- Stick and boom ‘shark bite repair’ of world’s biggest excavator, RH400
This case study has shown the effectiveness and ingenuity of a new procedure used by Minprovise International in the repair and refurbishment of the stick and boom on the world’s biggest excavators, the RH400.
- Brakes that stop the nation: A quick guide to the RINGSPANN brakes family
RINGSPANN is a one stop supplier of premium power transmission components for industrial drives. Industrial brakes in the company’s product portfolio offer intelligent braking solutions for energy-efficient stopping, control and holding systems in a variety of industries.
- Secondary cleaner improves safety at iron ore site
A busy export hub in Western Australia’s Pilbara region had a constant issue with fine, sticky product adhering to the belt and dripping from the return side along the belt line.
- Svendborg Brakes, the brand of choice for WA mine
Svendborg Brakes was the brand chosen to supply braking solutions for all the conveyors at a large iron ore mining, rail and port project in the Pilbra, Western Australia.
- Sika introduces new generation of shotcrete technology
Sika’s new cement hydration stabilising admixture for sprayed concrete, represents the newest generation and cutting-edge technology for tunnelling and mining.
- Blackwoods – Helping build a better Australia
Together, Blackwoods is helping build a better Australia.
- Machine learning in fleet management systems
AI is quickly becoming a general-purpose technology (GPT) and implementations are occurring throughout the mining value chain. These implementations include underground operations and sites with limited communications infrastructure.
- Contingency planning for your mine
Download this resource to see how Aggreko can help you mitigate risks at your mine site.
- Global trends in mining equipment and transport logistics
Mining is a complex industry where the stakes are high and the rewards great. It takes meticulous planning and flawless execution in order to succeed, with the logistics chain only as strong as its weakest link.
- Leveraging augmented reality for remote technical support
Rockwell Automation has added Live View Support to its TechConnect offering for all customers. Live View Support, powered by FactoryTalk InnovationSuite Vuforia Chalk, enables remote support engineers to more effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- The extended applications of HazardAvert proximity detection system
Proximity detection systems in mining have been developed and implemented to enhance the safety of miners working in and around mobile machinery. But what about potential dangers associated with fixed equipment that have moving parts?
- Next generation Stieber releasable backstops offer improved performance and functionality
Stieber Clutch torque limiting/load sharing backstops with release functionality allow the tension of a jammed mine conveyor belt to be carefully released using a simple hydraulic pump. These releasable backstops are capable of performing as many reverse rotations as required (within the limits of energy dissipation) to completely unload a conveyor prior to performing maintenance … Continue reading Next generation Stieber releasable backstops offer improved performance and functionality
- High quality locally made pipe solutions for life
Steel pipe is synonymous with strength. In comparison with any other pipe material, steel offers the highest strength, in proportion to wall thickness of any commercial piping material. As a ferrous material if not adequately protected from the potential of corrosion, its longevity may be reduced. With over 100 years local and international supply experience, … Continue reading High quality locally made pipe solutions for life