- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- minesite vehicles
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Dealing with coal data complexity with Geobank 2018
Geobank caters for energy commodities such as coal, uranium and coal seam gas and offers a vast range of tools to deal effectively with the complexity of energy data sets.
- Australia’s mining industry has the safest and lowest cost off-the-road wheel performance in the world
The above statement may appear bold, but it is a situation that has been achieved by an industry uniquely invested in off-the-road (OTR) wheel safety for the past 35 years.
- Modular transportable electrical switchrooms
Ampcontrol has supplied modular electrical switchrooms to every industry and environment.
- Sealing the deal: preventing fluid leakages in industrial components
Conventional solid-gaskets present limitations in the prevention of fluid leakage between metal flange surfaces. Henkel’s Loctite 518 pen provides a liquid seal that can help manufacturers cut costs and avoid damaging leaks.
- Modular Transportable Electrical Switchrooms
Ampcontrol has supplied modular electrical switchrooms to every industry and environment. From open cut mines, processing operations and infrastructure projects, we work closely with our customers to develop a solution that is unique, safe and compliant for their application. To learn more about our unique and cost-effective switchrooms, please fill out the form below.
- Improving the resource estimation process with Micromine 2018
Micromine 2018 includes a dedicated resource estimation module with integrated block model tools that can help make the resource estimation process easier for users.
- Optibelt Red Power 3 v-belts close the door on re-tensioning
Optibelt is making waves with its low-stretch, maintenance-free Red Power 3 v-belts. Once set up and fitted correctly, Red Power 3 doesn’t require re-tensioning, saving time and money.
- Sandvik 3 Pillar Framework: How mining automation culture benefits business
A framework that provides efficient monitoring and accurate reporting of data, smart management systems and intelligent machines equipped with automation systems like Sandvik’s AutoMine® and OptiMine®.
- AVEVA: The digital mining transformation
Download AVEVA’s latest E-book to learn how they are helping some of the largest mining companies in every aspect of their digital transformation journey.
- CARMA in action: a case study
We are constantly challenging the status quo, looking for innovative solutions to deliver to our customers. This can be achieved through our approach to asset reliability management, CARMA. The approach is unique to us and combines technology, knowledge, experience and analytics. To download the white paper, fill out the form below:
- Improving site efficiency with wireless monitoring
Bestech Australia explains how integrating wireless sensor technologies bring positive values to the mining company.
- Don’t walk, weld: The overarching benefits of remote control technology ‘ArcReach’
Every time a welding operator pauses their work on a weld joint to walk to a power source and change the settings, they lose time. Which translates to a loss of productivity. This ‘stop and start’ process also affects the quality of the weld as the welding operator loses focus and increases the need for revision. In addition to this there is the question of safety, particularly when it comes to multi-storied, busy job sites.
- Minprovise reveals EziTite hydraulic head nut at CMIC
Minprovise has revealed its new EziTite hydraulic head nut at the 2018 Construction Materials Industry (CMIC) event in Sydney.
- The ReCYN™ Process — Changing the negative perception of cyanide
The following paper describes a development known as the ReCYN™ Process from PT Green Gold Engineering, which can help change the negative perception of cyanide in gold plant processing and, at the same time, substantially improve the economics of its use.
- How the resources sector is harnessing the power of digital communication
Faced with falling revenue and profits, the mining industry has turned to technology changes driven by today’s communications revolution to grow their future business.
- Rio Tinto recognises Minprovise for their site safety improvements
MINPROVISE, throughout years of specialist support, maintenance and shutdowns to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Construction industries, have always encouraged their employees to challenge the norm of products, processes and procedures with Continuous Improvement Initiatives. This innovation-based approach to all work, strengthens the safety of personnel through the improvement of work processes, while these … Continue reading Rio Tinto recognises Minprovise for their site safety improvements
- How proper training is the key to reducing hydraulics safety incidents
Based on statistical results, many people are still unaware of the severity of the hazards resulting from wrong handling procedures in hydraulics, even among those working directly in the field.
- Insight core: Turning welding data into dollars
There are many reasons why companies want to improve the productivity or quality of their welding operations, but real improvements aren’t achievable without quality data.
- Mapping the future of underground mining
You could call Epiroc’s Mobilaris Mining Intelligence (MMI) software ‘visionary’ and you’d be right in both the figurative and literal sense. It gives an underground mining operation the ability to see every asset – human or machine – located on the site.
- Eliminate fusion: Victaulic’s groundbreaking method to join HDPE pipe
What if there was a faster, more economical, more efficient, easier and safer method to join HDPE pipe? Victaulic has launched a joining product that will eliminate the need for fusion. Designed for high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe, the piping solution features a range of couplings and fittings that offer faster installation, minimise risk and can … Continue reading Eliminate fusion: Victaulic’s groundbreaking method to join HDPE pipe