- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Stealing uses for steel
DYNA Engineering’s HDPE (plastic) conveyor guards are providing Australian miners with a sustainable solution for site safety.
- Power transmission solutions for vertical lift systems
With over 85 years of experience, Altra Motion provides many critical drivetrain products for shiploaders and port conveyors to meet bulk material handling requirements worldwide.
- Customisation, modularisation deliver value to remote Indonesian mine
A remote Indonesian mine has received three McLanahan Feeder-Breakers. The client, a state-owned energy provider and one of the largest coal mining companies in Indonesia, needed robust and reliable feeding and crushing equipment to meet the challenges of their rugged and remote location.
- Hybrid systems: The future of mining power
When it comes to power, one way miners can improve efficiency and bottom lines massively is through the implementation of hybrid power.
- Webinar: BHP deploys Olympic Dam autonomous drones for greater insights
BHP Olympic Dam’s geotech, geology and engineering teams use drone-based LiDAR data to make better decisions in stope design, orepasses, drawpoints and raises.
- SINTAKOTE fittings: Steel pipeline system
Steel pipe is synonymous with strength. In comparison with any other pipe material, steel offers the highest strength, in proportion to wall thickness of any commercial piping material.
- Safety Spotlight magazine: Insights for the Australian industry
The October 2020 edition of Blackwoods’ Safety Spotlight explores topics and solutions that are critical to keeping people safe on the worksite.
- HDPE: Stealing uses for steel
This white paper discusses how it is now becoming possible to increase the amount of recycled and recyclable plastics used in these new HDPE products, increasing their sustainability.
- Building better safety: Engineering advances that benefit the construction industry
Thanks to stringent workplace health and safety (WHS) legislation globally and adherence to safe work practices, instances of workplace injury are trending downward. However, the construction industry is still susceptible to elevated rates when compared with other sectors.
- RINGSPANN locking assemblies offer a competitive choice for manufacturers
RINGSPANN shaft-hub connections (include locking assemblies, shrink discs and rigid shaft couplings) are a highly competitive choice for the Australian manufacturers of conveyor pulleys and gear drive systems.
- Future-proofing underground operations with fully-automated fleet management
Upgrading from Pitram Voice to the fully automated Pitram Mobile solution was a crucial step in IGO’s quest to future-proof its underground operations.
- Belt cleaning best practices for effective conveyor system maintenance
This white paper discusses some of the best practices in conveyor belt cleaning and maintenance while introducing the latest solutions provided by the ESS engineering team to address the mining industry’s requirements for safe and efficient belt cleaning solutions.
- Visualise your mine from anywhere, any time, on any device
COVID-19 has accelerated the need for mines to be able to operate with fewer personnel at site. Remote communication and collaboration are now more important than ever.
- Truck volume measurement with LaseTVM
The LaseTVM systems are high precision volumetric bulk material measurement solutions for road trucks or mining trucks.
- Discover how OEM spare parts and refurbishments support mining operations
McLanahan supports mineral processing operations with OEM rebuilds and refurbishment services, part optimisations and upgrades and high-quality spare parts to maximise the reliability of equipment while minimising running costs.
- Maximising value in stope optimisation and open pit grade control
This paper provides a performance comparison between stope designs that are produced via powerful mathematical programming and those produced for open pits by the industry accepted Lerchs-Grossmann algorithm.
- Stick and boom ‘shark bite repair’ of world’s biggest excavator, RH400
This case study has shown the effectiveness and ingenuity of a new procedure used by Minprovise International in the repair and refurbishment of the stick and boom on the world’s biggest excavators, the RH400.
- Brakes that stop the nation: A quick guide to the RINGSPANN brakes family
RINGSPANN is a one stop supplier of premium power transmission components for industrial drives. Industrial brakes in the company’s product portfolio offer intelligent braking solutions for energy-efficient stopping, control and holding systems in a variety of industries.
- Secondary cleaner improves safety at iron ore site
A busy export hub in Western Australia’s Pilbara region had a constant issue with fine, sticky product adhering to the belt and dripping from the return side along the belt line.
- Svendborg Brakes, the brand of choice for WA mine
Svendborg Brakes was the brand chosen to supply braking solutions for all the conveyors at a large iron ore mining, rail and port project in the Pilbra, Western Australia.