- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- World’s first and only Hydraulic Torque Wrench Safety Switch
The innovative design is the brainchild of Luke Gosden, contract Maintenance Fitter to a large mine in northern Western Australia. After bearing witness to devastating hand crush injuries resulting from high torque misuse, Gosden deduced it crucial a simple and safe solution be developed.
- Involved in welding? Check out the most important video you will watch this year
Welding is a complex business and it’s no secret that the Australian fabrication and steel industry is going through a tough time at the moment. Find out more in this 2 minute video.
- McLanahan Slashes Down Time (Video)
McLanahan Corporation custom engineered a feeder-breaker design for Lake Vermont that saves the company time and money, allowing them to become more productive, efficient and profitable.
- Solid Edge ST8 – Design without boundaries
Be among the first in Australia to hear about the latest updates on Solid Edge ST8 by downloading this complimentary webcast.
- Why Industrial Workplaces Can’t Keep Quiet About Noise [video]
Workplace noise is a major cause of hearing loss in Australia. It contributes to social isolation, a reduced quality of life, increased absenteeism, decreased production output and a lowered work performance. It also leads to workplace injuries and accidents.
- Creating FE models that are actually useful
Watch this webinar to learn efficient modeling practises that will help you create a representative FE model that will generate reliable and accurate results.
- Leveraging your existing CAD data for FE modeling [Webinar]
Watch this webinar to learn how to overcome common obstacles faced by all analysts when trying to reuse CAD geometry for FE modeling.
- The Role of Technology in Creating Tomorrow’s Mine [video]
In this video, representatives from key thought leaders Schneider Electric discuss the current and future challenges faced by mining companies, and how technology can be applied to address these challenges and help pave the way towards “tomorrow’s mine”.
- Increasing Safety and Conveyor Efficiency for Materials Handling Employees [video]
ESS recently visited the plant operators of Boral Concrete, providing a training sessions to help improve knowledge around conveyors, reduce complacency and improve safety.
- Get More out of Your Mobile Machines with Advanced Dialogue Modules
Watch this free video to see the how your critical mobile machines could benefits from using ifm’s XXL Dialogue Module PDM360 NG – 12.