- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Unprecedented cooling delivery helps bauxite mine avoid shutdown
Rio Tinto’s bauxite mine in Queensland, Australia, was threatened with water shortage as drought season left its mark on the nearby dam serving the mine site and its operations.
- Case Study: How LKAB deployed autonomous mapping technology to assess earthquake damage
After being struck by a seismic event in May 2020, LKAB called in remote sensing specialist AMKVO who utilised drone autonomy and mapping solution Hovermap, to safely and quickly map damaged areas of Kiruna mine.
- Case study: Decipher helps Rio Tinto solve tech challenge
Decipher was presented with the challenge of providing a secure and centralised platform to help Rio Tinto manage important datasets across all of their global sites, and ensure that both site and corporate users had the appropriate security access.
- How Emesent’s Hovermap technology helped LKAB with seismic inspection
When Swedish mining company LKAB experienced a seismic event at its Kiruna underground iron ore mine in May 2020, assessing the damage manually was too dangerous and labor intensive.
- Evolution Mining case study: Gaining efficiencies with data entry
Evolution have recently upgraded to Redmap’s Best Practice for Pronto Xi from their original implementation. Being an early adopter of the technology, and the first Scope Customer, meant that the original
implementation was a custom job built from the ground up.
- Macmahon, Sandvik partner on industry first cablebolt drill
Macmahon, an Australian specialist in ground support installation methods, has partnered with Sandvik to improve safety and productivity in its cablebolting process.
- Coordinating thousands of miners across the world seamlessly with iAuditor
Before iAuditor, reports were taking 3 – 4 hours for Goldcorp employees. Since they started using iAuditor, up to 8 reports can be completed in the same timeframe. It also helped Goldcorp to see what’s occurring below ground in real-time so miners can stay safe.
- Svendborg Brakes, making the world a safer place
Watch this video to discover how Altra Motion’s Svendborg brakes should be your first choice when it comes to braking solutions.
- Mine site dust suppression: Stockpile dust control
Stockpiles are an essential part of the mining, civil and infrastructure sectors. With varying width, height and erosion of these piles, site management is subject to stringent protocols to protect employees, contractors and the wider community.
- Steiber optimal backstop design provides higher plant efficiency, decreases costs
A major energy company in Australia needed reliable replacement low-speed backstops (LSBs) for six incline conveyors that move coal out of a mine to an adjacent power station.
- Erizon rehabilitates Hail Creek mine site
In January 2018, Erizon was approach by Rio Tinto to undertake 32.8-hectares of revegetation works for early rehabilitation and soil stabilisation.
- OZ Minerals, Byrnecut use world-first Sandvik tele-remote technology
Leading contract miner Byrnecut Australia has become the first underground operator in the world to successfully use a new tele-remote package for Sandvik development drills at OZ Minerals’ Prominent Hill site. To read more about the case study, please fill the form below:
- Respirable Mine Dust Exposure
Breathe Safe has continously developed protective systems against the unseen hazards that impact on the health and safety of mine equipment operators (mobile & fixed plant).
- Guarding operations at mine sites across Australia
To improve the safety and efficiency of conveyor system at mining operations, many companies are turning to ESS’s proven EZI-GUARD solution.
- Carryback No Match for Belt Cleaning System Upgrades
How Port Kembla Coal Terminal and Flexco worked together to improve safety, operating and environmental performance, and reliability of the belt cleaning systems. Download this whitepaper now to find out more:
- Advanced Rugged PC and Display Technologies For Harsh Environments
Xinc Technologies specialises in advanced rugged PC and display technologies engineered to perform in the most challenging environments. From hazardous locations in mining, oil and gas, to transportation, supply chain, field service, warehouse, healthcare, and more, our rugged PC tablets, handhelds and fixed-mount PCs increase operational efficiencies and safety, deliver low-cost reliability for data collection, … Continue reading Advanced Rugged PC and Display Technologies For Harsh Environments
- Improving Safety & Efficiency in Conveyor Maintenance
This case study shows how ESS has developed a heavy-duty, retractable idler frame that eliminates the need for most scaffolding and working at heights when changing conveyor rollers, resulting in a drastic reduction in maintenance time.
- How an Automated Dispensing Solution can Increase Productivity & Generate Savings for Mining Companies
When a fast-growing UK’s manufacturer outgrew their PPE and consumables storeroom, inefficiencies began to appear and productivity ultimately struggled. This case study examines how the company were able to solve the issue an with automated dispensing solution for PPE and consumable, resulting in a 16% increase in productivity and a 30% reduction in the use … Continue reading How an Automated Dispensing Solution can Increase Productivity & Generate Savings for Mining Companies
- Gasless Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) Wires vs. MIG?
Welding in a workshop is an ideal situation for a tradesperson, with equipment they require at their disposal for fabrications, along with comfort and shelter from external elements. However, not all welding is possible under such ideal circumstances. A construction project requires a fair bit of planning and preparation to ensure all welds, especially those … Continue reading Gasless Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) Wires vs. MIG?
- Colliery Saves $100,000+ with Compressed Air Upgrade: Free Case Study
Commissioned by the Myuna Colliery of Centennial Coal, this free case study looks at the installation of a new two-stage air compressor in place of two single stage compressors. The results, among other things, include savings of more than $100,000.