- Federal government releases 64 regions for oil and gas exploration
The Australian Government has released over 120,000 square kilometres of acreage to be explored by oil and gas companies.
- Woodside targets innovation and growth to meet ‘fierce’ competition
Woodside Energy has revealed its ambitious growth plans including an intention to ramp up LNG supply and innovation in response to “fierce global competition.”
- Woodside lines up Boskalis for Scarborough contract
Woodside Energy has awarded a contract to Boskalis Australia to undertake seabed intervention and shore crossing works for the proposed Scarborough export gas pipeline in Western Australia.
- CSIRO study drives ‘vision’ for gas-fired energy
The CSIRO has provided further evidence surrounding the climate benefits of using gas in place of coal to generate electricity.
- Carnarvon reveals ambitious Dorado plans
Carnarvon Petroleum is doubling down on its appraisal of the Dorado oil and gas discovery on Western Australia’s North West Shelf.
- South32 shakes hands with Woodside for Worsley gas supply
South32 has reached a long-term gas purchase agreement with Woodside Energy for the Worsley Alumina bauxite mine in Western Australia.
- Santos edges closer to NT gas exploration licence
Santos has received approval for the first environmental management plan (EMP) that has been awarded for onshore shale gas exploration in the Northern Territory since a fracking ban was lifted last year.
- MMA secures Neptune acquisition on back of improving market
Australian marine support company MMA Offshore has agreed to acquire subsea services provider Neptune Marine Services for at least $18.5 million.
- Queensland is leading the way for big growth
The Oil and Gas industry is seeing a significant level of growth across the state of Queensland. With industry growth comes the need for growth in infrastructure. For this reason, businesses such as Fleetcrew will continue to support both organisations and communities in the region at a highly personalised level and to ensure peace of mind for customers.
- Woodside returns dip on Pluto LNG issues, low prices
Woodside Petroleum has been impacted by an extension to planned maintenance at the Pluto liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility offshore Western Australia and lower-than-expected market prices.
- Australia’s LNG industry now a $50 billion earner
Australia’s liquified natural gas (LNG) sector is worth $50 billion as exports climbed 21 per cent in the 2019 financial year.
- Components Only sets sights on key mining hubs abroad
Rapidly growing Australian business Components Only is establishing offices in the high-profile mining regions of Chile and Mongolia.
- Australia needs more gas supply, not govt intervention: APPEA
The Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association (APPEA) plans to work closely with the Australian Government on any proposed gas market reforms.
- Jemena begins Atlas gas pipeline construction
Jemena has commenced construction of the Atlas gas pipeline south-west of Wandoan, Queensland.
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most read articles on the Australian Mining website over the past week, including Woodside’s plan to create thousands of jobs to develop the Burrup Hub.
- Woodside to create thousands of jobs at Burrup Hub
Woodside Energy will require a workforce of more than 4600 workers when its Burrup Hub construction reaches its peak in 2023.
- Queensland focuses on future gas supply with exploration approvals
The Queensland Government has given the green light to a joint venture between Santos and Shell, and for Bridgeport Energy to start gas exploration in the Surat Basin to boost future gas supply.
- Understanding LVDT requirements for downhole drilling
LVDT has been proven as a robust, reliable non-contact position measuring sensors for downhole drilling application. It is capable of withstanding extreme temperature, pressure, shock, and vibrations while also delivering accurate results. This article discusses in depth what the design considerations are for LVDT sensors and how new materials and design may potentially unveil an … Continue reading Understanding LVDT requirements for downhole drilling
- Scaffold elimination: Reducing the costs on-site
Bend-tech’s scaffold elimination process involves a site audit where the company scopes and inspects existing scaffold that is or has been erected on a regular basis to access, protect or provide support in a mobile or fixed plant application.
- Anadarko to begin construction on $29bn LNG project
Anadarko Petroleum and its joint venture partners have made a final investment decision (FID) in favour of its $US20 billion ($29 billion) Mozambique LNG project.