- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Woodside CEO praises Wheatstone 2 ramp up
Woodside Petroleum chief executive officer Peter Coleman has cited the start of liquefied natural gas (LNG) production from Wheatstone Train 2 in Western Australia as its June quarter highlight.
- Australian LNG exports surge to nearly 60Mt in 2017–18
Australian liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports have surged by 18.5 per cent to 59.7 million tonnes (Mt) in the 2017–18 financial year, a year-over-year (YoY) gain of 9.3Mt.
- Downer wins long-term maintenance contract
Chevron has awarded Downer EDI a five-year contract to provide maintenance and support services at its Western Australian operations.
- Playing it safe: Five steps to boost safety and increase profitability using technology
The potential for increased operational profitability that can be realised through more effective safety management is really starting to turn heads, and is truly bringing safety and environmental integrity into the mainstream of industrial business processes.
- BP front-runner to buy BHP oil and gas operations after $US10bn bid
BP has emerged as the front-runner to buy BHP’s US shale assets after submitting a bid of over $US10 billion ($13.5 billion).
- APA strikes deal with Incitec Pivot on Northern Gas pipeline
Energy company APA Group and Dyno Nobel-owned chemicals company Incitec Pivot have reached an agreement regarding commercial operations on the Northern Gas pipeline.
- WorleyParsons wins Chevron contract extension
Chevron has awarded WorleyParsons a contract extension to provide services to support its Australasian strategic business unit.
- Global demand for fossil fuels has already peaked
In 2017, Australia recorded its highest-ever annual level of coal exports – valued at $57 billion – making it Australia’s second largest export. Coupled with that, Australia is predicted to be the leading LNG exporter by 2022.
- Sino Gas & Energy receives $530m offer from US equity firm
US-based private equity firm Lone Star plans to acquire Sino Gas & Energy Holdings for $530 million, an offer backed by the ASX-listed target.
- Harbour Energy boosts bid for Santos
United States oil and gas giant Harbour Energy has increased its takeover offer for Santos by $US480 million ($650 million).
- WorleyParsons adds another contract
ASX-listed WorleyParsons has been awarded an offshore engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning (EPCIC) contract by Neptune Energy.
- WorleyParsons awarded oil and gas contracts
ASX-listed engineering services provider WorleyParsons has secured two high-profile oil and gas industry contracts
- Swift Networks wins five-year resources industry contract
Swift Networks, in partnership with DXC Technology, will deploy its entertainment and crew welfare solutions for the benefit of oil and gas personnel in Australia’s north-west.
- FLNG project secures Major Project Status
A $1.6 billion floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) project has been granted Major Project Status by the Australian Government.
- LNG exports from Australia to reach $35 billion
With Australia predicted to be the leading LNG exporter by 2022, growth in the industry has been strong this year.
- Risco makes unsolicited $30m takeover bid for Tap Oil
Singaporean company Risco Energy Investments, a major shareholder in Perth-based Tap Oil, has announced an unsolicited takeover bid worth $29.8 million for the company.
- Santos to sell non-core Asian assets to Ophir for $US221m
Oil and gas giant Santos plans to sell several of its Asian assets to British production and exploration company Ophir Energy for $US221 million ($295 million).
- BHP to sell 90% Minerva gas plant stake to Cooper, Mitsui, AWE
Cooper Energy, AWE and Mitsui E&P Australia will jointly acquire BHP’s 90 per cent interest in the Minerva gas plant in Victoria. Cooper is already a minority holder in Minerva, owning the remaining 10 per cent.
- PNG LNG resumes normal production following earthquake damage
The PNG LNG project in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea, damaged by a powerful earthquake in late February, has now resumed normal production according to project co-venturers Santos and ExxonMobil.
- NT’s Beetaloo Sub-basin to be assessed for gas potential
The Beetaloo Sub-basin in the Northern Territory has been selected as the third and final region to be assessed by the Geological and Bioregional Assessment Program, a decision made following the move to lift the territory’s moratorium on hydraulic fracturing.