- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- minesite vehicles
- mining accident
- mining jobs
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Fire Protection for Steel Structures in the Oil & Gas Industry
An accidental fire is a very real threat to offshore oil and gas operations, something that can come about without warning and escalate rapidly.
- Browse LNG receives environmental approval
The Browse Basin floating LNG project has reached a major milestone with Federal environmental approval granted until 2070.
- BAM Clough awarded new Woodside contract
BAM Clough JV has won a contract for marine installation services at the Karratha Gas Plant Life Extension Integrated Marine Campaign project.
- Maintenance workers locked out of Esso plants
Oil producer ESSO has locked maintenance workers out of it plants in Victoria and the Bass Strait in response to overtime bans imposed by unions.
- Sustainable oil from algae: the technology is ready, but what about the politics?
Are we ready to make the leap to a sustainable oil source?
- Federal Gov pays $2bn in gas royalties to WA
Three tiny islands off the coast of WA have resulted in the Commonwealth relinquishing $2 billion worth of gas royalties to the state government.
- AGL to divest non-core assets
AGL has declared $435 million in asset impairments for FY15, leading to a decision to narrow their upstream gas focus down to a small number of core projects.
- New gas regulations in WA
New regulations are now in effect in WA to govern the petroleum and geothermal industries.
- Your Coal Seam Gas Pipeline is Only as Strong as Your Hose
As the price of crude oil falls and the mining boom grinds to a halt, Australia is turning towards the CSG industry to ensure the country’s economy remains strong.
- Woodside enters next development phase for Browse FLNG
Woodside Petroleum has announced its Browse FLNG project will move into the front-end-engineering and design phase.
- Oil and gas set to be Australia’s boom industry
A new IBISWorld report has listed the oil and gas industry as the country’s highest growth sector for next year.
- MMA win Chevron shore base contract
MMA Offshore have been awarded a contract to provide supply base facilities and services for Chevron’s shore base operations in WA’s North West.
- Modernisation for Availability and Safety
The Oil and Gas sector in Australia is heavily exposed to the export market. As such revenue is highly volatile and follows price movements in supply and demand.
- Brazilian crude needs European demand in 2025
Offshore mega-projects in Brazil and Norway are expected to boom in the lead-up to 2025.
- UGL wins BP maintenance contract
UGL has won a three year contract for maintenance at 17 BP fuel terminals across Australia.
- Honeywell develops natural gas meters for industrial use
Honeywell Process Solutions has introduced a new metering device designed for industrial users to accurately measure natural gas.
- New agreement on WA FLNG gas supply
The WA government is close to an agreement on the domestic gas route for Woodside’s Browse FLNG project.
- AGL cleared of using harmful chemicals at CSG project
The NSW Government has cleared AGL of using banned chemicals in any of its fracture stimulation fluid or drilling process at the Waukivory CSG project.
- The remote detection of oil & gas infrastructure corrosion
ACA is hosting a one-day technical event in Melbourne on 21 May to address issues related to corrosion control in onshore and offshore environments.
- The Gloves are On: Safety & Cost Efficiency in the Hand
The cost cutting game is ever present within the oil and gas industry as it grows increasingly competitive.