- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- CIMIC contract spree in resources continues
UGL has secured the latest contracts in the resources industry for parent company CIMIC Group with $200 million of extensions to supply maintenance and turnaround services for oil and gas sector clients.
- Woodside awards contracts for Scarborough JV with BHP
Woodside Petroleum has awarded four contracts for front-end engineering design activities for the proposed Scarborough gas project in Western Australia.
- West coast LNG producers lead exports
Australian LNG export revenue last year has risen 67.8 per cent to $43.3 billion on 2017, making LNG the country’s third largest export in 2018 after coal and iron ore, energy advisory firm EnergyQuest Australia reported.
- LNG exports spike to another QLD record
The Port of Gladstone in Queensland exported 20.58 million tonnes of LNG exports in 2018, resulting in a new annual record.
- Woodside commissions Pluto pipeline in WA
Woodside Energy has commissioned the Pluto domestic gas pipeline by supplying first gas to the Dampier to Bunbury Natural Gas Pipeline (DBNGP) in Western Australia.
- ExxonMobil, BHP move forward with West Barracouta project
Joint venture partners ExxonMobil and BHP have approved the development of the western dome of the Barracouta gas field in the Bass Strait offshore Victoria.
- EPIK LNG terminal to be built at Newcastle Port
South Korea-based Epik has signed an agreement with Port of Newcastle to develop an LNG floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) import terminal.
- Valmec extends Australia Pacific LNG contract
Valmec has been awarded $25 million of services and construction contracts, including a renewal of its long-term services contract with Origin Energy at the Australia Pacific LNG project in Queensland.
- Woodside makes cybersecurity a priority with Cirrus partnership
Cirrus Networks Holdings has been granted a $3 million operational technology (OT) cyber resilience service contract by Woodside Petroleum.
- WA Government to ban fracking on 98% of land
The Western Australian Government has banned hydraulic fracturing over 98 per cent of the state, with traditional owners and farmers having the right to say no to fracking production for the first time.
- BP, WorleyParsons enter oil services JV
BP has entered into a joint venture with WorleyParsons where the latter will take a 50 per cent stake in New Zealand Oil Services.
- Woodside CEO pushes for carbon policy overhaul
Woodside Energy chief executive Peter Coleman has encouraged large resources companies to take action on preventing climate change and form “a low-carbon society”.
- Senex development of Roma North to deliver QLD jobs
Senex has launched construction of a gas processing facility and pipeline as part of its wider Western Surat gas project in Queensland.
- Woodside to extend life of North West Shelf beyond 2025
Woodside Energy has agreed to process the gas resources of Chevron’s Clio-Acme fields and the Woodside-led Browse joint venture at its North West Shelf facilities on Burrup Peninsula in Western Australia.
- BHP lines up exploration licences with $859m bid
BHP has won the bids to acquire a full ownership and operatorship of exploration licenses for two oil blocks in the offshore Orphan Basin, Eastern Canada.
- INPEX ships first cargo from Ichthys LNG project
INPEX Corp’s first cargo of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the Ichthys LNG project has departed from its onshore gas liquefaction plant in Darwin, Northern Territory.
- WorleyParsons to grow resources business with $4.65b Jacobs acquisition
WorleyParsons is set to acquire Jacobs Engineering Group’s energy, chemicals and resources (ECR) division for $US3.3 billion ($4.65 billion).
- Strike Energy launches takeover offer for UIL
Oil and gas explorer Strike Energy has made an offer to acquire 100 per cent of shares in UIL Energy for 0.485 Strike shares per UIL ordinary share.
- Schneider Electric: Operational Profitability
The future of manufacturing — indeed the future of most industries — is becoming increasingly automated.
- Shell QGC expansion to secure up to 350 jobs in Queensland
Shell’s QGC onshore gas venture in Queensland has announced a significant expansion that will secure up to 350 jobs over the next two years.