- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- minesite vehicles
- mining accident
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- Western Australia
- Oil Search proposes PNG contract for Monadelphous joint venture
Monadelphous, in a joint venture with Jacobs Engineering, has received a letter of intent for a five-year, $50 million per annum contract for engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services at Oil Search’s oil and gas production facilities in the Highlands region of Papua New Guinea.
- Extra Safety – In Storage and Measurement
The new VEGAPULS 64 enables absolutely reliable level measurement in liquid gas storage. In some industries, the specific safety requirements go far beyond what is prescribed by TÜV or national laws. Especially great is the need for safety in the petroleum processing industry, for example in storing liquid gas in spherical tanks. Thanks to the powerful … Continue reading Extra Safety – In Storage and Measurement
- Santos seeks Narrabri approval as project controversy returns
Australian energy company Santos has submitted a state development application and environmental statement for the Narrabri coal seam gas project in New South Wales amid continued opposition to its plans at the site.
- Schlumberger holds strong in 2016 results
Oil and gas services provider Schlumberger has recorded an increase in revenue in the fourth quarter of 2016 upon release of its full year results.
- Swift Networks to keep Ichthys entertained
Communications company Swift Networks has won a contract to supply a broad suite of services, including entertainment content, connectivity and related support to the INPEX-operated Ichthys liquefied natural gas (LNG) project offshore Western Australia.
- Australia to lead Asian growth in LNG production
Led by increased liquefied natural gas (LNG) production capacity in Australia, Platts Analytics has forecast a 16 per cent rise in Asian output in 2017.
- Schlumberger expands offering with Peak Well Systems acquisition
Schlumberger has acquired Peak Well Systems, a Perth-based company focussed on the design and development of downhole tools for flow control, well intervention and well integrity.
- More gas exploration on the way in Queensland
Australian companies Bridgeport Energy and Metgasco have accepted Queensland Government offers to explore for petroleum and gas in the Cooper Basin.
- Santos offloads Mereenie stake to Macquarie
Australian oil and gas company Santos will sell a 50 per cent interest in the Mereenie oil and gas field in the Northern Territory to Macquarie Group, which will join Central Petroleum as owners of the asset.
- Santos secures first part of $1.5 billion capital raising
Australian oil and gas company Santos has raised more than $1 billion through a share placement to institutional investors in the first part of a $1.5 billion capital raising it announced earlier this week.
- Santos to spin off non-core assets, cut debt with new strategy
Oil and gas company Santos has launched a new strategy that will see it focus on its key assets and spin off its non-core business into a new company.
- Origin to divest assets into new oil and gas business
Origin Energy has announced plans to divest its upstream business assets in an effort to reduce debt and focus on its energy markets and gas business.
- BHP secures Gulf of Mexico deal with Pemex
BHP Billiton has won a bid to acquire a majority share in the deep-water Trion oil field project in the Gulf of Mexico.
- BP commits to Mad Dog project as BHP considers decision
BP is moving forward with the US-based Mad Dog oil project, which includes BHP Billiton as a key partner, at a considerably lower development cost.
- Oil prices soar on OPEC plan to lower production
Global oil prices surged significantly overnight after OPEC took the surprising move to cut production from January next year.
- APPEA backs ‘timely’ petroleum tax review
The industry body has expressed support for the Australian Government’s decision to review the petroleum tax system in the country.
- Australian Government to review effectiveness of petroleum taxes
The Federal Government has launched a review into Australia’s underperforming petroleum resource rent tax (PRRT).
- Can billions of litres of coal seam gas water be safely reinjected into the ground?
Water produced when coal seam gas (CSG) is extracted from below ground can be safely re-injected hundreds of metres underground, according to new CSIRO research.
- Huawei sets sights on oil and gas
Huawei continues to expand into the oil and gas sector, exhibiting industry solutions at the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference (ADIPEC) 2016.
- Main burner valves for oil and gas
Emerson has released the Fisher Type 119EZ and 119EZS main burner valves for burner systems used in oil and gas production.