- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- minesite vehicles
- mining accident
- mining jobs
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- Western Australia
- Say Goodbye to Your Dust, Chemical Waste & Slurry Woes
Traditional dry abrasive blasting and water blasting are used widely throughout the heavy industries for rust and corrosion removal, industrial coating and tank lining removal and paint layer removal, but these processes have some not so pleasant ramifications.
- When it comes to gas detection, time is of the essence
In today’s safety conscious work environments, mining and related sector managers are morally, professionally and legally required to ensure that their facilities are equipped with the latest, and most up-to-date, gas detection technology.
- MSA’s new sensor design dramatically increasing response time for gas detection equipment
A breakthrough in sensor design is helping increase workplace safety by speeding up gas leak detection in various industrial environments.
- BP announces huge job cuts for 2016
Oil giant BP has announced a round of staff cuts in response to fears of tumbling oil prices.
- How the world’s 10 largest oil companies were created [infographic]
Many oil and gas companies are now energy behemoths, but how did they grow to their current size? This infographic shows how the 10 largest oil companies were born.
- Energy sector cyber-attacks: what are the risks?
The Digital Oilfield offers huge cost and efficiency benefits, but the security risks can’t be ignored, either.
- New Design and simulation software for safer oil and gas operations released
Honeywell Process Solutions has enhanced its UniSim design and simulation software designed to help improve safety and reduce capital expenditures for both new and existing installations.
- Optimum communications the next level of PPE for oil and gas emergency response
Firefighting is a dangerous business, but nowhere is it more dangerous than in the Oil and Gas Production industry.
- International oil agency skeptical about Australian LNG
New major LNG projects in Australia will struggle to make profit due to the oil price slump, according to the global oil monitor International Energy Agency (IEA).
- Fire Protection for Steel Structures in the Oil & Gas Industry
An accidental fire is a very real threat to offshore oil and gas operations, something that can come about without warning and escalate rapidly.
- Browse LNG receives environmental approval
The Browse Basin floating LNG project has reached a major milestone with Federal environmental approval granted until 2070.
- BAM Clough awarded new Woodside contract
BAM Clough JV has won a contract for marine installation services at the Karratha Gas Plant Life Extension Integrated Marine Campaign project.
- Maintenance workers locked out of Esso plants
Oil producer ESSO has locked maintenance workers out of it plants in Victoria and the Bass Strait in response to overtime bans imposed by unions.
- Sustainable oil from algae: the technology is ready, but what about the politics?
Are we ready to make the leap to a sustainable oil source?
- Federal Gov pays $2bn in gas royalties to WA
Three tiny islands off the coast of WA have resulted in the Commonwealth relinquishing $2 billion worth of gas royalties to the state government.
- AGL to divest non-core assets
AGL has declared $435 million in asset impairments for FY15, leading to a decision to narrow their upstream gas focus down to a small number of core projects.
- New gas regulations in WA
New regulations are now in effect in WA to govern the petroleum and geothermal industries.
- Your Coal Seam Gas Pipeline is Only as Strong as Your Hose
As the price of crude oil falls and the mining boom grinds to a halt, Australia is turning towards the CSG industry to ensure the country’s economy remains strong.
- Woodside enters next development phase for Browse FLNG
Woodside Petroleum has announced its Browse FLNG project will move into the front-end-engineering and design phase.
- Oil and gas set to be Australia’s boom industry
A new IBISWorld report has listed the oil and gas industry as the country’s highest growth sector for next year.