- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Coal industry continues to boom
Global coal consumption and production rose in 2018, reflecting positive results for the Australian coal industry according to new data released by BP in its 2019 statistical review of world energy.
- Shell completes first LNG shipment from Prelude
Shell’s first shipment of liquified natural gas (LNG) from the Prelude floating LNG facility offshore Western Australia has set sail.
- Woodside cuts production outlook on Pluto problems
Woodside Energy has extended the gas turnaround at its Pluto LNG facility in Western Australia, with restart of production now targeted for the end of June.
- Queensland seeks royalty tax hike on gas
The Queensland Government has increased the rate of royalty taxes on petroleum by 25 per cent as part of its 2019 state budget.
- Santos discovery at Dorado ‘larger than anticipated’
Santos has revealed the Dorado-2 appraisal well has confirmed a major oil and gas resource in the Bedout Basin, offshore Western Australia.
- Queensland ramps up focus on domestic gas supply
In a national first, a joint venture (JV) between Australia Pacific LNG and Armour Energy in Queensland will seek out gas only for use by Australian manufacturers.
- LNG supply to Asia driving record export levels
Liquified natural gas (LNG) now dominates Australia’s petroleum production due to high demand from Asia, according to energy advisory firm EnergyQuest.
- Queensland grants land to ramp up gas production
The Queensland Government has continued to drive national gas policy, awarding companies permission to explore energy rich land in the state.
- BHP takes novel approach to oil exploration
BHP Petroleum has conducted an ocean bottom node (OBN) survey in the Western Gulf of Mexico (GOM) to allow the company to drill deeper and more complicated targets.
- Senex enters final stage of approval for Roma North processing facility
Senex Energy has achieved mechanical completion and initiated commissioning of the Roma North natural gas processing facility in the western Surat Basin, Queensland.
- Santos scoops share in PNG gas with $271m acquisition
Santos is set to boost its presence in Papua New Guinea by acquiring the P’nyang natural gas field from the existing licence participants for $US187 million ($271 million).
- Easternwell secures drilling contract with Senex in Surat Basin
Senex has awarded a major Surat Basin drilling contract to Easternwell across Project Atlas and Roma North, with works to commence in May 2019.
- Petroleum tax amendments could benefit onshore gas projects
The Australian Government has passed amendments to the long-standing petroleum resource rent tax (PRRT) to exclude the onshore oil and gas industry from its scope.
- Perth is a global oil and gas hub says WA Mines and Petroleum Minister
Perth is the only Australian city to be admitted into the World Energy Cities Partnership, which signifies Western Australia’s continual growth as a world energy leader.
- CIMIC Group awarded $190m contract at Karratha
Woodside Energy has awarded a contract to CIMIC Group’s UGL as part of the latter’s joint venture (JV) with Cape at the Karratha gas plant in Western Australia.
- EPA’s emissions guideline a threat to Woodside projects
Woodside Energy has urged the Western Australian State Government to reject the Environmental Protection Authority’s revised guidance on greenhouse gas emissions as it could jeopardise the Browse, Scarborough and Pluto Train 2 projects.
- Diversity of thought – Oil & gas heavyweights fuel the debate
Widely regarded as Australia’s premier event specifically on diversity and inclusion for the oil and gas industry, the Australasian Oil & Gas Exhibition & Conference (AOG) Diversity and Inclusion Breakfast will this year see executives from Woodside Energy, Chevron Australia, Shell Australia and Baker Hughes – a GE Company debate “Diversity of Thought.” “The idea … Continue reading Diversity of thought – Oil & gas heavyweights fuel the debate
- BHP commits $1.34bn to petroleum ventures
BHP has approved two major funding packages worth a combined $US952 million ($1.34 billion) to advance its petroleum prospects offshore the United States and Mexico.
- CIMIC secures major contract with Australia Pacific LNG
CIMIC Group has won a $90 million contract with Australia Pacific LNG to deliver over 300 coal seam gas wells in the Surat Basin, Queensland.
- BHP forms alliance to clean up mining impacted lands and water
BHP has formed a partnership aimed at finding a sustainable way to both clean up legacy mining impacts and develop biomass to be used as feedstock for biofuels from the impacted lands and water.