- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Woodside returns dip on Pluto LNG issues, low prices
Woodside Petroleum has been impacted by an extension to planned maintenance at the Pluto liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility offshore Western Australia and lower-than-expected market prices.
- Australia’s LNG industry now a $50 billion earner
Australia’s liquified natural gas (LNG) sector is worth $50 billion as exports climbed 21 per cent in the 2019 financial year.
- Components Only sets sights on key mining hubs abroad
Rapidly growing Australian business Components Only is establishing offices in the high-profile mining regions of Chile and Mongolia.
- Australia needs more gas supply, not govt intervention: APPEA
The Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association (APPEA) plans to work closely with the Australian Government on any proposed gas market reforms.
- Jemena begins Atlas gas pipeline construction
Jemena has commenced construction of the Atlas gas pipeline south-west of Wandoan, Queensland.
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most read articles on the Australian Mining website over the past week, including Woodside’s plan to create thousands of jobs to develop the Burrup Hub.
- Woodside to create thousands of jobs at Burrup Hub
Woodside Energy will require a workforce of more than 4600 workers when its Burrup Hub construction reaches its peak in 2023.
- Queensland focuses on future gas supply with exploration approvals
The Queensland Government has given the green light to a joint venture between Santos and Shell, and for Bridgeport Energy to start gas exploration in the Surat Basin to boost future gas supply.
- Anadarko to begin construction on $29bn LNG project
Anadarko Petroleum and its joint venture partners have made a final investment decision (FID) in favour of its $US20 billion ($29 billion) Mozambique LNG project.
- Doris continues Australian oil and gas push
Doris Engineering Australia has been awarded contracts with Tier 2 oil and gas operators based in Perth.
- Oil and gas CEOs remain confident despite external threats
Oil and gas executives are optimistic about company growth within the sector despite threats of cyber security and climate change.
- Wesfarmers’ Evol and Adaman sign LNG deal for Kirkalocka mine
Adaman Resources will power its Kirkalocka gold mine with liquefied natural gas (LNG) supplied by Wesfarmers subsidiary Evol LNG thanks to a new arrangement between the companies.
- QRC bid for delay on gas royalty hike
The Queensland Resources Council (QRC) has called the state government to delay the implementation of any gas royalty increase to January 1 2020.
- Coal industry continues to boom
Global coal consumption and production rose in 2018, reflecting positive results for the Australian coal industry according to new data released by BP in its 2019 statistical review of world energy.
- Shell completes first LNG shipment from Prelude
Shell’s first shipment of liquified natural gas (LNG) from the Prelude floating LNG facility offshore Western Australia has set sail.
- Woodside cuts production outlook on Pluto problems
Woodside Energy has extended the gas turnaround at its Pluto LNG facility in Western Australia, with restart of production now targeted for the end of June.
- Queensland seeks royalty tax hike on gas
The Queensland Government has increased the rate of royalty taxes on petroleum by 25 per cent as part of its 2019 state budget.
- Santos discovery at Dorado ‘larger than anticipated’
Santos has revealed the Dorado-2 appraisal well has confirmed a major oil and gas resource in the Bedout Basin, offshore Western Australia.
- Queensland ramps up focus on domestic gas supply
In a national first, a joint venture (JV) between Australia Pacific LNG and Armour Energy in Queensland will seek out gas only for use by Australian manufacturers.
- LNG supply to Asia driving record export levels
Liquified natural gas (LNG) now dominates Australia’s petroleum production due to high demand from Asia, according to energy advisory firm EnergyQuest.