- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Woodside lines up Boskalis for Scarborough contract
Woodside Energy has awarded a contract to Boskalis Australia to undertake seabed intervention and shore crossing works for the proposed Scarborough export gas pipeline in Western Australia.
- CSIRO study drives ‘vision’ for gas-fired energy
The CSIRO has provided further evidence surrounding the climate benefits of using gas in place of coal to generate electricity.
- Carnarvon reveals ambitious Dorado plans
Carnarvon Petroleum is doubling down on its appraisal of the Dorado oil and gas discovery on Western Australia’s North West Shelf.
- South32 shakes hands with Woodside for Worsley gas supply
South32 has reached a long-term gas purchase agreement with Woodside Energy for the Worsley Alumina bauxite mine in Western Australia.
- Santos edges closer to NT gas exploration licence
Santos has received approval for the first environmental management plan (EMP) that has been awarded for onshore shale gas exploration in the Northern Territory since a fracking ban was lifted last year.
- MMA secures Neptune acquisition on back of improving market
Australian marine support company MMA Offshore has agreed to acquire subsea services provider Neptune Marine Services for at least $18.5 million.
- Queensland is leading the way for big growth
The Oil and Gas industry is seeing a significant level of growth across the state of Queensland. With industry growth comes the need for growth in infrastructure. For this reason, businesses such as Fleetcrew will continue to support both organisations and communities in the region at a highly personalised level and to ensure peace of mind for customers.
- Woodside returns dip on Pluto LNG issues, low prices
Woodside Petroleum has been impacted by an extension to planned maintenance at the Pluto liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility offshore Western Australia and lower-than-expected market prices.
- Australia’s LNG industry now a $50 billion earner
Australia’s liquified natural gas (LNG) sector is worth $50 billion as exports climbed 21 per cent in the 2019 financial year.
- Components Only sets sights on key mining hubs abroad
Rapidly growing Australian business Components Only is establishing offices in the high-profile mining regions of Chile and Mongolia.
- Australia needs more gas supply, not govt intervention: APPEA
The Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association (APPEA) plans to work closely with the Australian Government on any proposed gas market reforms.
- Jemena begins Atlas gas pipeline construction
Jemena has commenced construction of the Atlas gas pipeline south-west of Wandoan, Queensland.
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most read articles on the Australian Mining website over the past week, including Woodside’s plan to create thousands of jobs to develop the Burrup Hub.
- Woodside to create thousands of jobs at Burrup Hub
Woodside Energy will require a workforce of more than 4600 workers when its Burrup Hub construction reaches its peak in 2023.
- Queensland focuses on future gas supply with exploration approvals
The Queensland Government has given the green light to a joint venture between Santos and Shell, and for Bridgeport Energy to start gas exploration in the Surat Basin to boost future gas supply.
- Anadarko to begin construction on $29bn LNG project
Anadarko Petroleum and its joint venture partners have made a final investment decision (FID) in favour of its $US20 billion ($29 billion) Mozambique LNG project.
- Doris continues Australian oil and gas push
Doris Engineering Australia has been awarded contracts with Tier 2 oil and gas operators based in Perth.
- Oil and gas CEOs remain confident despite external threats
Oil and gas executives are optimistic about company growth within the sector despite threats of cyber security and climate change.
- Wesfarmers’ Evol and Adaman sign LNG deal for Kirkalocka mine
Adaman Resources will power its Kirkalocka gold mine with liquefied natural gas (LNG) supplied by Wesfarmers subsidiary Evol LNG thanks to a new arrangement between the companies.
- QRC bid for delay on gas royalty hike
The Queensland Resources Council (QRC) has called the state government to delay the implementation of any gas royalty increase to January 1 2020.