- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- minesite vehicles
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Strike Energy launches takeover offer for UIL
Oil and gas explorer Strike Energy has made an offer to acquire 100 per cent of shares in UIL Energy for 0.485 Strike shares per UIL ordinary share.
- Schneider Electric: Operational Profitability
The future of manufacturing — indeed the future of most industries — is becoming increasingly automated.
- Shell QGC expansion to secure up to 350 jobs in Queensland
Shell’s QGC onshore gas venture in Queensland has announced a significant expansion that will secure up to 350 jobs over the next two years.
- Bechtel named preferred contractor for Woodside’s Pluto train 2
Woodside has selected Bechtel as its execution contractor for the expansion of the Pluto LNG facility offshore Western Australia.
- Woodside awards four-year contract to SRG Global
SRG Global has secured a four-year contract to provide equipment to Woodside Petroleum’s North West Shelf project and gas facilities in Western Australia.
- BHP completes $US300m sale of Fayetteville onshore gas asset
BHP has finalised the sale of its Fayetteville onshore gas assets in Arkansas to MMGJ Hugoton III for $US300 million ($415.3 million).
- Santos to acquire Quadrant Energy for $US2.15bn
Santos is set to grow further into Western Australia with a takeover of oil and gas company Quadrant Energy.
- Santos confirms large onshore gas resource at Barikewa-3
Santos has confirmed the presence of a significant natural gas resource at the Barikewa-3 well located in permit area PRL9, onshore Papua New Guinea.
- BHP to sell onshore US oil and gas assets for $US10.8bn
BHP has entered into agreements for the sale of the Eagle Ford, Haynesville, Permian and Fayettville onshore US oil and gas assets for $US10.8 billion.
- American Patriot acquires Foothills, Magnolia, Burnett assets in $US18.2m deal
Amero-Australian company American Patriot Oil and Gas has acquired two separate oil and gas assets in Texas for $US18.2 million ($24.7 million).
- PNG LNG partners strike three-year deal with PetroChina
The ExxonMobil-operated PNG LNG project in Papua New Guinea is to supply liquefied natural gas (LNG) to Hong Kong-based PetroChina for a three-year period.
- Woodside CEO praises Wheatstone 2 ramp up
Woodside Petroleum chief executive officer Peter Coleman has cited the start of liquefied natural gas (LNG) production from Wheatstone Train 2 in Western Australia as its June quarter highlight.
- Australian LNG exports surge to nearly 60Mt in 2017–18
Australian liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports have surged by 18.5 per cent to 59.7 million tonnes (Mt) in the 2017–18 financial year, a year-over-year (YoY) gain of 9.3Mt.
- Downer wins long-term maintenance contract
Chevron has awarded Downer EDI a five-year contract to provide maintenance and support services at its Western Australian operations.
- Playing it safe: Five steps to boost safety and increase profitability using technology
The potential for increased operational profitability that can be realised through more effective safety management is really starting to turn heads, and is truly bringing safety and environmental integrity into the mainstream of industrial business processes.
- BP front-runner to buy BHP oil and gas operations after $US10bn bid
BP has emerged as the front-runner to buy BHP’s US shale assets after submitting a bid of over $US10 billion ($13.5 billion).
- APA strikes deal with Incitec Pivot on Northern Gas pipeline
Energy company APA Group and Dyno Nobel-owned chemicals company Incitec Pivot have reached an agreement regarding commercial operations on the Northern Gas pipeline.
- WorleyParsons wins Chevron contract extension
Chevron has awarded WorleyParsons a contract extension to provide services to support its Australasian strategic business unit.
- Global demand for fossil fuels has already peaked
In 2017, Australia recorded its highest-ever annual level of coal exports – valued at $57 billion – making it Australia’s second largest export. Coupled with that, Australia is predicted to be the leading LNG exporter by 2022.
- Sino Gas & Energy receives $530m offer from US equity firm
US-based private equity firm Lone Star plans to acquire Sino Gas & Energy Holdings for $530 million, an offer backed by the ASX-listed target.