- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- minesite vehicles
- mining accident
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- Western Australia
- WorleyParsons adds another contract
ASX-listed WorleyParsons has been awarded an offshore engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning (EPCIC) contract by Neptune Energy.
- WorleyParsons awarded oil and gas contracts
ASX-listed engineering services provider WorleyParsons has secured two high-profile oil and gas industry contracts
- Swift Networks wins five-year resources industry contract
Swift Networks, in partnership with DXC Technology, will deploy its entertainment and crew welfare solutions for the benefit of oil and gas personnel in Australia’s north-west.
- FLNG project secures Major Project Status
A $1.6 billion floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) project has been granted Major Project Status by the Australian Government.
- LNG exports from Australia to reach $35 billion
With Australia predicted to be the leading LNG exporter by 2022, growth in the industry has been strong this year.
- Risco makes unsolicited $30m takeover bid for Tap Oil
Singaporean company Risco Energy Investments, a major shareholder in Perth-based Tap Oil, has announced an unsolicited takeover bid worth $29.8 million for the company.
- Santos to sell non-core Asian assets to Ophir for $US221m
Oil and gas giant Santos plans to sell several of its Asian assets to British production and exploration company Ophir Energy for $US221 million ($295 million).
- BHP to sell 90% Minerva gas plant stake to Cooper, Mitsui, AWE
Cooper Energy, AWE and Mitsui E&P Australia will jointly acquire BHP’s 90 per cent interest in the Minerva gas plant in Victoria. Cooper is already a minority holder in Minerva, owning the remaining 10 per cent.
- PNG LNG resumes normal production following earthquake damage
The PNG LNG project in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea, damaged by a powerful earthquake in late February, has now resumed normal production according to project co-venturers Santos and ExxonMobil.
- NT’s Beetaloo Sub-basin to be assessed for gas potential
The Beetaloo Sub-basin in the Northern Territory has been selected as the third and final region to be assessed by the Geological and Bioregional Assessment Program, a decision made following the move to lift the territory’s moratorium on hydraulic fracturing.
- Gorgon expansion to deliver jobs spike for WA
Chevron’s next expansion of the Gorgon liquefied natural gas (LNG) project offshore Western Australia’s north-west coast is expected to deliver a welcome jobs boost for the state.
- PNG LNG production restarts early following earthquake
Production at the PNG LNG project in Papua New Guinea has resumed following the temporary shutdown of operations caused by the severe earthquake that struck the country in February.
- Santos secures QLD exploration rights
Santos has gained rights to explore for more gas near Injune in Queensland’s south-west.
- Mitsui declares AWE takeover offer unconditional
Mitsui & Co., one of Japan’s ‘big five’ sogo shosha (trading houses), has released a statement declaring its takeover offer of Australian oil and gas company AWE is now unconditional, having claimed over 50 per cent of the company to date.
- Harbour Energy plans to acquire Santos for $13.5bn
Oil and gas giant Harbour Energy has announced an unsolicited all-cash offer to buy 100 per cent of Australian independent Santos for $6.50 a share, representing $13.5 billion in total.
- Senex granted petroleum lease for Project Atlas
Senex Energy has announced that it has been granted a petroleum lease and associated environmental approvals from the Queensland Government for the development of Project Atlas in the Surat Basin.
- Australis receives $39m commitment for TMS drilling
Australis Oil & Gas has announced commitments from investors for the placement of 115.28 million ordinary shares at 34 cents per share (a 5.6 per cent discount on the last closing price) in order to fund initial drilling at its Tuscaloosa Marine Shale (TMS) onshore project.
- Sundance Energy seeks $331m for Eagle Ford Group properties
ASX-listed oil and gas company Sundance Energy is looking to raise $331 million for the acquisition of Eagle Ford Shale properties in Texas from companies Pioneer Natural Resources, Reliance Eagle Ford Upstream Holdings and Newpek.
- Woodside abandons Grassy Point LNG venture to focus on Chevron’s Kitimat project
Perth-based Woodside Petroleum has chosen not to renew agreements to develop an LNG project at Grassy Point in British Columbia (BC), Canada, instead turning its attention to Chevron’s Kitimat LNG project, also located in BC.
- VEGAPULS 64: Extra safety in storage and measurement of liquid gas
VEGA’s VEGAPULS 64 sensor relies on specific techniques to vastly reduce noise levels associated with ball valves, resulting in much better signal focusing for liquid gas measurement.