- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Western Australia encourages exploration through drilling program
The Western Australian Department of Mines, Industry, Regulation and Safety has called for applications for round 20 of the exploration incentive scheme’s (EIS) co-funded exploration drilling program.
- Investing in your digital agility
Whether it’s because of rising global demand, volatile prices or environmental regulations, there is increased pressure on oil and gas refineries to run more efficiently.
- BHP reinforces interest in oil and gas market
BHP has flagged its ongoing interest in the petroleum market, commenting that the outlook remains positive due to rising demand from the developing world and natural decline in supply.
- Woodside set to increase production as profits slip
Woodside has laid solid foundations for the second half of 2019, recording strong financial and production results for the first six months of the year.
- Beach Energy optimistic about growth
Beach Energy’s plans for growth are looking positive after a strong 2019 financial year.
- China closes on Japan as Australia’s major LNG customer
Japan was the largest consumer of Australian liquefied natural gas (LNG) in the 2019 financial year, followed closely by China.
- Newcastle LNG terminal receives critical project status
A proposed $589 million gas import terminal in Newcastle has been declared Critical State Significant Infrastructure.
- WorleyParsons continues deep-water services for Reliance
WorleyParsons subsidiary, Intecsea, has been awarded a contract by Reliance Industries for the MJ Field deep-water gas and condensate project, located offshore India.
- AGL continues growth trajectory despite tough times ahead
AGL Energy has acquired Perth Energy for $93 million as it continues to bolster its portfolio following a positive 2019 financial year.
- Downer extends gas contract with AusNet for $350m
Downer has been awarded a five-year extension on its gas services contract with AusNet Services worth approximately $350 million.
- Government focuses on domestic gas supply to push prices down
The Australian Government plans to secure gas supplies for domestic use in an attempt to put downward pressure on prices and encourage new investment in gas supplies.
- Chevron starts Gorgon carbon dioxide injection system
Chevron has launched the Gorgon carbon dioxide injection system, one of the world’s largest greenhouse gas mitigation projects.
- BHP advances Ruby project with approval
BHP has approved $US283 million in funding to develop the Ruby oil and gas project in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Galilee Energy takes step to unlock Glenaras reserve
Galilee Energy has provided an update on its Glenaras multi-lateral pilot programme in the Galilee Basin, reporting that it is “performing strongly.”
- What do ‘Oil & Gas’ and ‘off-roading’ have in common
As the Queensland Oil and Gas industry continues to reach new heights and the country pushes the energy industry to grow, a local CQ business is leading the way.
- Elixir inks drilling contract for Nomgon
Elixir Energy has signed a binding drilling services contract with Mongolian company Erdenedrilling for its Nomgon project.
- Origin delivers surge in LNG revenue
Origin has enjoyed a surge in revenue from its Australia Pacific LNG (APLNG) project in the past financial year driven by higher commodity prices.
- Strike enjoys unexpected gas discovery in Perth Basin
The Strike-Warrego joint venture has made a significant gas discovery in the Wagina sandstone located in the Perth Basin as part of the West Erregulla-2 drilling campaign.
- Federal government releases 64 regions for oil and gas exploration
The Australian Government has released over 120,000 square kilometres of acreage to be explored by oil and gas companies.
- Woodside targets innovation and growth to meet ‘fierce’ competition
Woodside Energy has revealed its ambitious growth plans including an intention to ramp up LNG supply and innovation in response to “fierce global competition.”