- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- minesite vehicles
- mining accident
- mining jobs
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Day Two of strike action in Gladstone
A second day of protest is underway at Gladstone, with CFMEU members still striking at Curtis island ferry terminals.
- Opposition over AGL’s CSG approvals
Opposition has arisen over AGL receiving approvals for its Gloucester coal seam gas pilot program.
- Arrow Energy to build 580km CSG pipeline
Arrow Energy has given notification for its plan to build a massive 580 kilometre coal seam gas pipeline in QLD.
- AGL ‘s Gloucester CSG pilot program approved
AGL’s coal seam gas exploration pilot program has been approved to flow test gas at Gloucester.
- Coal seam gas emissions lower than US: first Australian study
A new study has shown Australian CSG well have lower emission levels than US CSG wells.
- New director appointed for merged WA dangerous goods and petroleum safety division
The WA Department of Mines and Petroleum has appointed Ross Stidolph as the head of its newly merged Dangerous Good and Petroleum Safety branch.
- Transalta to build Pilbara mining gas power stations
Transalta will build and operate a gas power station to supply Fortescue and other Pilbara operations.
- Coates Hire wins Chevron LNG contract
Coates Hire has won a rental services contract for all of Chevron’s WA LNG projects.
- AngloGold sign gas agreements for WA gold mines
AngloGold Ashanti has signed natural gas transportation agreements for its WA Sunrise and Tropicana gold mines.
- QRC slams ongoing activism against gas industry
Queensland Resources Council head Michael Roche has warned of the increasing threat to the gas industry from activists.
- New mining emergency response company created
A new company for onsite specialist response, rescue, and recovery services has been created for Australia’s resources industry.
- Metgasco to pursue legal action over CSG suspension
Metgasco is carrying out a legal review of the suspension of its coal seam gas drilling licences in northern NSW.
- Woodside strikes gas at Toro
Woodside has intersected gas at its Toro exploration site off WA.
- LogiCamms wins Epic Energy contract
LogiCamms has been awarded the capital works contract for Epic Energy’s Moomba to Adelaide pipeline.
- Metgasco “very disappointed” as gas drilling licence remains on hold
Metgasco’s drilling permit near Lismore in New South Wales will remain suspended after a review by the Office of Coal Seam Gas found the company had failed in aspects of its Activity Approval.
- Tech company Applabs buys into Liberty Resources coal
A West Australian technology investment company has acquired a significant stake in Queensland coal miner Liberty Resources.
- Santos gets closer to first gas from Train 1
The Santos GLNG plant on Curtis Island has achieved another key milestone, with all modules for the first processing train now installed.
- Woodside to carry out massive buyback of shares
Woodside petroleum will carry out a massive US$ 2.68 billion buyback of 78.3 million shares from Shell.
- Metgasco delays plans to sue NSW government over gas drilling suspension
Metgasco has deferred plans to sue the NSW government over the suspension of its gas drilling licence after doing a deal with the Office of Coal Seam Gas.
- WorleyParsons win QGC LNG contract
WorleyParsons has won the engineering contract for QGC’s LNG and coal seam gas operations in Queensland.