- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- minesite vehicles
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- New agreement on WA FLNG gas supply
The WA government is close to an agreement on the domestic gas route for Woodside’s Browse FLNG project.
- AGL cleared of using harmful chemicals at CSG project
The NSW Government has cleared AGL of using banned chemicals in any of its fracture stimulation fluid or drilling process at the Waukivory CSG project.
- The remote detection of oil & gas infrastructure corrosion
ACA is hosting a one-day technical event in Melbourne on 21 May to address issues related to corrosion control in onshore and offshore environments.
- The Gloves are On: Safety & Cost Efficiency in the Hand
The cost cutting game is ever present within the oil and gas industry as it grows increasingly competitive.
- Nathan Tinkler invests in oil and gas
Nathan Tinkler has agreed to invest $20 million in Perth-based oil and gas play Orca Energy.
- Chevron’s largest float-over installation at Wheatstone
The Wheatstone project reached another major milestone with the installation of platform topsides on their offshore gas processing plant.
- Shell announces new FLNG contractor
Oilfield supply chain provider ASCO has won the contract for logistics services to the Shell Prelude floating LNG project.
- Japanese banks lend most money to LNG projects
Japanese banks have been investing heavily in LNG projects, lending more than $US5 billion in 2014.
- Coal seam gas can provide certainty in a time of market chaos
Australia’s “looming gas shortage” – the basis for calls to deregulate coal seam gas – may not be real after all. But gas prices are still set to rise, and that’s an area where coal seam gas could help.
- Santos to fire up GLNG by the end of September
Santos says its $US18.5 billion Gladstone LNG project will produce first gas around the end of the third quarter this year.
- Precision Measurement Technology Performs Under Pressure
Both accuracy and consistency of measurement are important in creating customer value.
- WDS wins $5 million gas contract
WDS Limited has been awarded the Wilton Offtake and Metering Facility Upgrade Contract by Jemena in NSW.
- Science crucial to economic growth, worth $145 billion directly to GDP
The contribution to Australia’s economy by maths and science – nearly $300 billion including flow-on benefits – has been measured for the first time.
- ABB wins $155 million order to power large North Sea oilfield
ABB has been contracted to supply equipment to two HVDC converter stations linking the Johan Sverdrup offshore field with the onshore grid.
- Woodside halts production at Pluto LNG
Woodside has temporarily halted production at Pluto LNG plant.
- Glencore announces massive Russian oil deal
Glencore will acquire nearly half of Russian oil company Russneft.
- GE opens new oil and gas facility in WA
GE has opened a new oil and gas facility in WA to support subsea projects.
- Tap Oil board takeover bid shot down
A shareholder of oil producer Tap Oil has ruffled a few feathers by seeking to appoint a board of his own choosing.
- Honeywell to handle critical project management on offshore oil rig
Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) has been selected to handle the critical project management for an offshore oil and gas rig.
- Valmec wins LNG contract
Valmec has won a services contract for APLNG’s Talinga Gas Processing facility.