- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- minesite vehicles
- mining accident
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- Western Australia
- Oil sees continued surge
Oil has recorded a fourth continued day of rises, finishing well above US$50 per barrel.
- Government to test AGL’s CSG wells for dangerous chemicals
AGL will pump flowback water from its suspended Waukivory wells in Gloucester this week so government investigators can conduct testing.
- UQ launches onshore gas research directory
The University of Queensland has unveiled a new online directory that tracks onshore gas development in Australia and overseas.
- AGL suspends fracking after harmful chemicals detected
AGL has suspended fracking at its Waukivory project after detecting BTEX chemicals in four pilot wells and a water storage tank.
- WorleyParsons wins Canadian oil sands contract
WorleyParsonsCord has won a contract to help construct a ‘significant oil sands mining project’ in Canada.
- ExxonMobil and PNG sign LNG MoU
ExxonMobil has signed and agreement with the PNG Government to expand its LNG project in the country.
- Carnarvon to spend $10 million on oil exploration
Despite the low price of oil, Carnarvon Petroleum has announced it will spend $10 million to explore its permits in the North West Shelf for more oil and gas.
- Scarborough gas fields lease up for renewal
Leaseholders of the Scarborough Gas Fields will renew their retention lease, in an attempt to outrun “use it or lose it” policies.
- Lock the Gate slams cop cars using Santos logo
Anti-CSG campaigners are fuming that police cars in Queensland are featuring the logo of gas company Santos.
- Australian engineers want more input to floating LNG
A new report has found that while FLNG holds opportunities for local engineers, there are a number of roadblocks hampering wider engagement.
- Sino Gas appoints new managing director
Sino Gas & Energy has appointed Glen Corrie as its new managing director.
- LNG Ltd award billion dollar LNG train contract to SK E&C Group
LNG has award a $1.986 billion EPC contract to SK E&C for an EPC contract on two LNG trains.
- Emerson releases RTU and HART configuration suite for remote oil & gas field applications
OpenEnterprise Field Tools improves productivity by streamlining configuration and monitoring.
- Quarterly exploration spending plummets
Petroleum exploration has seen sharp falls in expenditure on production leases, with Western Australia the worst hit on seasonally adjusted figures.
- Gas drilling slows down in Queensland
Gas industry slowdowns have led Saxon Energy Services to offer voluntary redundancy packages to staff in Queensland.
- Woodside goes ahead with $1.2 billion gas project
Woodside and its partners have given the $1.2 billion Persephone LNG project at the North West Shelf off WA’s coast the green light.
- AGL becomes AGL, again….
AGL has regained its AGL ticker code on the ASX.
- Farstad workers strike for shorter roster
Farstad has refused to budge on roster changes called for by the MUA, which led a 24-hour strike against the company yesterday.
- QGC announces new community fund
QGC has called for submissions from community groups in the Western Downs and Gladstone region with grants of between $10,000 and $50,000 up for grabs.
- NSW Government overhauls CSG policy with new framework
The NSW government has suspended 16 CSG licence applications and put a freeze on new licences being granted until next year under a plan aimed at overhauling the industry’s regulatory framework.