- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- minesite vehicles
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Japanese banks lend most money to LNG projects
Japanese banks have been investing heavily in LNG projects, lending more than $US5 billion in 2014.
- Coal seam gas can provide certainty in a time of market chaos
Australia’s “looming gas shortage” – the basis for calls to deregulate coal seam gas – may not be real after all. But gas prices are still set to rise, and that’s an area where coal seam gas could help.
- Santos to fire up GLNG by the end of September
Santos says its $US18.5 billion Gladstone LNG project will produce first gas around the end of the third quarter this year.
- Precision Measurement Technology Performs Under Pressure
Both accuracy and consistency of measurement are important in creating customer value.
- WDS wins $5 million gas contract
WDS Limited has been awarded the Wilton Offtake and Metering Facility Upgrade Contract by Jemena in NSW.
- Science crucial to economic growth, worth $145 billion directly to GDP
The contribution to Australia’s economy by maths and science – nearly $300 billion including flow-on benefits – has been measured for the first time.
- ABB wins $155 million order to power large North Sea oilfield
ABB has been contracted to supply equipment to two HVDC converter stations linking the Johan Sverdrup offshore field with the onshore grid.
- Woodside halts production at Pluto LNG
Woodside has temporarily halted production at Pluto LNG plant.
- Glencore announces massive Russian oil deal
Glencore will acquire nearly half of Russian oil company Russneft.
- GE opens new oil and gas facility in WA
GE has opened a new oil and gas facility in WA to support subsea projects.
- Tap Oil board takeover bid shot down
A shareholder of oil producer Tap Oil has ruffled a few feathers by seeking to appoint a board of his own choosing.
- Honeywell to handle critical project management on offshore oil rig
Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) has been selected to handle the critical project management for an offshore oil and gas rig.
- Valmec wins LNG contract
Valmec has won a services contract for APLNG’s Talinga Gas Processing facility.
- Woodside to issue $1bn in corporate bonds
Oil and gas giant Woodside will issue US$1 billion worth of corporate bonds into the US bond market.
- AGL announce review of CSG activities
AGL has announced a comprehensive review of the company’s upstream gas business just weeks after toxic chemicals were detected at its Waukivory project.
- Wheatstone LNG project leaps forward
Chevron’s Wheatstone LNG project hit a milestone with the completion of a linking pipeline between its processing plant and Dampier to Bunbury pipeline.
- APLNG first CSG reaches Curtis Island
Australia Pacific LNG’s first gas from its CSG fields in the Surat Basin has reached Curtis Island.
- New guidance for explosion loads launched for oil and gas
Lloyd’s Register’s has released new Guidance Notes for the Calculation of Probabilistic Explosion Loads in oil and gas.
- WorleyParsons wins LNG engineering contract
WorleyParsons has won an engineering and design contract for the Sarita Bay LNG project.
- A reliable fastening solution for Oil, Gas and Mining
As the price of oil falls from highs of well over US$100 per barrel, profits are beginning to fall for oil and gas companies – unfortunately the costs remain the same.