- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- minesite vehicles
- mining accident
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- Western Australia
- LNG Ltd award billion dollar LNG train contract to SK E&C Group
LNG has award a $1.986 billion EPC contract to SK E&C for an EPC contract on two LNG trains.
- Emerson releases RTU and HART configuration suite for remote oil & gas field applications
OpenEnterprise Field Tools improves productivity by streamlining configuration and monitoring.
- Quarterly exploration spending plummets
Petroleum exploration has seen sharp falls in expenditure on production leases, with Western Australia the worst hit on seasonally adjusted figures.
- Gas drilling slows down in Queensland
Gas industry slowdowns have led Saxon Energy Services to offer voluntary redundancy packages to staff in Queensland.
- Woodside goes ahead with $1.2 billion gas project
Woodside and its partners have given the $1.2 billion Persephone LNG project at the North West Shelf off WA’s coast the green light.
- AGL becomes AGL, again….
AGL has regained its AGL ticker code on the ASX.
- Farstad workers strike for shorter roster
Farstad has refused to budge on roster changes called for by the MUA, which led a 24-hour strike against the company yesterday.
- QGC announces new community fund
QGC has called for submissions from community groups in the Western Downs and Gladstone region with grants of between $10,000 and $50,000 up for grabs.
- NSW Government overhauls CSG policy with new framework
The NSW government has suspended 16 CSG licence applications and put a freeze on new licences being granted until next year under a plan aimed at overhauling the industry’s regulatory framework.
- New gas jobs to come in Bowen and Surat Basins
Santos has proposed further developments to Queensland gas fields, with claims they could create a further 1900 jobs.
- GE Oil and Gas opens new technology centre in Singapore.
GE has opened a new oil and gas technology solutions centre in Singapore.
- Perth-based DownUnder GeoSolutions to grow presence overseas
The company provides geophysical and geological services that enable oil and gas companies to identify and analyse drilling sites.
- New gas deposit in Cooper Basin
South Australian oil and gas explorer Beach Energy has announced a significant new discovery in the Cooper Basin.
- Santos closer to Qld gas exports
Santos is getting closer to the goal of a first shipment of gas from Curtis Island, with processing hubs near Roma now operational.
- Treotham releases offshore approved Chainflex cable carriers
Treotham has introduced a new range of cable carriers from igus approved for use in offshore and mining applications.
- Four decades later, has America finally got over the oil crisis?
As the US sees a shale oil boom, has it once more stepped into the light as the world’s leading oil power?
- Injury at Santos GLNG
A young worker was injured yesterday at the Santos GLNG site on Curtis Island.
- Asia Pacific Oil & Gas Conference starts
One of Australia’s largest oil and gas conference kicks off in Adelaide.
- Caltex shuts down refinery process units, moves to export
Caltex has shut down the last of its fuel refinery process units, and started operation of the site as a fuel import terminal.
- NT govt wants to get ball rolling on pipeline for east coast gas
The Northern Territory will call for expressions of interest in an Alice Springs to Moomba gas pipeline, which could help alleviate gas shortages.