- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- minesite vehicles
- mining accident
- mining jobs
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- Western Australia
- Productivity Commission to examine gas market’s effectiveness
The Productivity Commission has launched a research project on the efficiency of Australia’s gas market.
- Massive changes recommended for 457 visas
Minister for immigration Scott Morrison has flagged changes to the current 457 visa program, following a new report.
- Clough wins Arrow Bowen Basin coal seam gas contract
Clough has been awarded the the front end engineering design contract for Arrow Energy’s Bowen CSG project in Queensland.
- WorleyParsons acquires oil and gas consultants
WorleyParsons has acquired oil and gas management consulting firm MTG.
- Caltex to build new lubricants facility
Caltex is investing $5 million to expand its national bulk lubricants network, and build a new facility in WA.
- Queensland develop new framework for oil and gas
The QLD Government has released a new framework for onshore oil and natural gas development in the state.
- New gas pipeline to link east and west markets
Federal industry minister Ian MacFarlane yesterday announced plans to build a national gas network that could prevent gas shortages in NSW.
- New QGC operations hub opens
QGC have opened their new gas operations hub in Brisbane, which was dedicated by the federal industry minister Ian Macfarlane.
- Inside the control room of the future: Experion Orion Console [VIDEO]
Honeywell Process Solutions offered a rare insight into the development work being done in Australia to create the advanced display technology that brings the plant control room of the future to life.
- BHP Billiton post record production and lowest injury rate
BHP Billiton’s Full year results announcement to the ASX this afternoon have shown revenue growth of 1.9 per cent, representing a $67.2 billion increase.
- BHP Billiton splits in half, demerges its assets
BHP Billiton has announced a massive shift in the company, announcing that it will spin out approximately half of its existing assets in to a new company.
- New oil discovery off Port Hedland
A new oil strike off the North West shelf in WA has investors excited, as it may prove to be one of the biggest discoveries in Australia.
- More on BHP Billiton demerger expected in full year report
BHP Billiton has reiterated its focus on portfolio simplification, with the board meeting this week to discuss strategies.
- Curtis Island EBA results due at midday
Voting on the new EBA has closed for the workers on Curtis Island, who will now be waiting with bated breath for the result.
- Barrow LNG to be rated ‘Port of Convenience’
Barrow Island could be declared a ‘Port of Convenience’ by the ITF thanks to Chevron’s efforts to exclude unions from works on the Gorgon Project.
- Clough acquires US LNG engineer
Clough has acquired US LNG engineering firm CH-IV International.
- Day Two of strike action in Gladstone
A second day of protest is underway at Gladstone, with CFMEU members still striking at Curtis island ferry terminals.
- Opposition over AGL’s CSG approvals
Opposition has arisen over AGL receiving approvals for its Gloucester coal seam gas pilot program.
- Arrow Energy to build 580km CSG pipeline
Arrow Energy has given notification for its plan to build a massive 580 kilometre coal seam gas pipeline in QLD.
- AGL ‘s Gloucester CSG pilot program approved
AGL’s coal seam gas exploration pilot program has been approved to flow test gas at Gloucester.