- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Venture iron ore to set sail from Riley
Venture Minerals is less than two weeks away from commissioning the wet screening plant at the Riley iron ore mine in Western Australia.
- Glencore joins mining majors in launching apprenticeship program
Glencore is opening new career opportunities across regional communities, with the major mining company set to launch its 2021 apprenticeship program.
- New Hope registers steady revenue on the back of Bengalla
New Hope Group has reported solid earnings from its coal operations, driven mainly by increased production at the Bengalla mine in the Hunter Valley, New South Wales.
- Track’em wins Downer contract for gas project
Downer has signed a contract with cloud-based tracking platform developer, Track’em for an upstream coal seam gas development project.
- Minerals industry digs deep for tax payments
The Australian mining industry has provided more tax than all other industry averages, according to a KPMG survey.
- South32, AusQuest to continue exploration alliance
Australian mining exploration companies, AusQuest and South32 have extended their existing strategic alliance agreement (SAA) until the end of 2021.
- Argosy to export first lithium batch from Rincon project
Argosy Minerals expects to export its first batch of lithium carbonate from the Rincon project in Argentina to Mitsubishi Corporation this month.
- Rio Tinto to power Koodaideri with solar
Rio Tinto plans to build its first solar plant at the Koodaideri iron ore project in the Pilbara to improve the company’s emission reduction targets.
- 88 Energy on track to drill Alaskan North Slope appraisal well
88 Energy has provided an update on the upcoming drilling of the Charlie-1 appraisal well at Project Icewine on the proven Alaska North Slope basin.
- Saudi Arabia to resume oil production following drone attacks
Oil prices have spiked after 10 unmanned aerial vehicles attacked the world’s biggest crude-processing facility and its second-biggest oil field, both in Saudi Arabia.
- PNG Government ‘full steam ahead’ with $20 billion LNG project
The Papua New Guinea Government has given project partners Total, Exxon Mobil and Australia’s Oil Search the green light to proceed with the $20 billion liquefied natural gas (LNG) project.
- Carnarvon secures next phase in Buffalo oil-field re-development
Carnarvon Petroleum has gained clarity for its Buffalo oil field project after it signed a production sharing contract (PSC), and Australia and Timor-Leste ratified its Maritime Boundary Treaty (MBT).
- West Erregulla-2 claims deepest ever well drilled onshore Australia
Strike Energy and Warrego Energy’s West Erregulla-2 joint venture project in Western Australia has intercepted and begun drilling through the high cliff sandstone at 4928 metres.
- Senex continues development in Surat and Cooper basins
Senex Energy has completed the production test of the Gemba-1 exploration well in the Cooper Basin, enabling the well to be brought online by the end of this year.
- Woodside signs OEG for cargo supply in $6.6 million deal
Woodside Energy has awarded OEG Offshore a contract to supply a variety of cargo carrying units for all Woodside’s offshore production activities in Australia.
- Western Australia reinforces zero emission target for major projects
The Western Australian Government has released a new greenhouse gas emissions policy for major projects assessed by the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA).
- Empire Energy sets up Northern Territory plans
Empire Energy has become the first junior company to have environmental management plans (EMP) in the Beetaloo and McArthur Basins accepted for assessment by the Northern Territory Government since the lift of the fracking moratorium.
- Strike Energy discovers gas in ‘staggering’ find
The Strike Energy and Warrego Energy joint venture has discovered gas in the Kingia sandstone as part of the West Erregulia-2 drilling campaign.
- Premier Oil scores 88Energy Project Icewine farmout
88 Energy will farm-out Project Icewine in Central North Slope, Alaska to Premier Oil for a 60 per cent interest in the Western Play Fairway.
- Woodside celebrates first oil at Greater Enfield
Woodside Energy’s $1.9 billion Greater Enfield project in Western Australia has produced first oil through the Ngujima-Yin floating production storage and offloading vessel (FPSO).