- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- minesite vehicles
- mining accident
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- Western Australia
- Gorgon expansion to deliver jobs spike for WA
Chevron’s next expansion of the Gorgon liquefied natural gas (LNG) project offshore Western Australia’s north-west coast is expected to deliver a welcome jobs boost for the state.
- PNG LNG production restarts early following earthquake
Production at the PNG LNG project in Papua New Guinea has resumed following the temporary shutdown of operations caused by the severe earthquake that struck the country in February.
- Santos secures QLD exploration rights
Santos has gained rights to explore for more gas near Injune in Queensland’s south-west.
- Mitsui declares AWE takeover offer unconditional
Mitsui & Co., one of Japan’s ‘big five’ sogo shosha (trading houses), has released a statement declaring its takeover offer of Australian oil and gas company AWE is now unconditional, having claimed over 50 per cent of the company to date.
- Harbour Energy plans to acquire Santos for $13.5bn
Oil and gas giant Harbour Energy has announced an unsolicited all-cash offer to buy 100 per cent of Australian independent Santos for $6.50 a share, representing $13.5 billion in total.
- Senex granted petroleum lease for Project Atlas
Senex Energy has announced that it has been granted a petroleum lease and associated environmental approvals from the Queensland Government for the development of Project Atlas in the Surat Basin.
- Australis receives $39m commitment for TMS drilling
Australis Oil & Gas has announced commitments from investors for the placement of 115.28 million ordinary shares at 34 cents per share (a 5.6 per cent discount on the last closing price) in order to fund initial drilling at its Tuscaloosa Marine Shale (TMS) onshore project.
- Sundance Energy seeks $331m for Eagle Ford Group properties
ASX-listed oil and gas company Sundance Energy is looking to raise $331 million for the acquisition of Eagle Ford Shale properties in Texas from companies Pioneer Natural Resources, Reliance Eagle Ford Upstream Holdings and Newpek.
- Woodside abandons Grassy Point LNG venture to focus on Chevron’s Kitimat project
Perth-based Woodside Petroleum has chosen not to renew agreements to develop an LNG project at Grassy Point in British Columbia (BC), Canada, instead turning its attention to Chevron’s Kitimat LNG project, also located in BC.
- VEGAPULS 64: Extra safety in storage and measurement of liquid gas
VEGA’s VEGAPULS 64 sensor relies on specific techniques to vastly reduce noise levels associated with ball valves, resulting in much better signal focusing for liquid gas measurement.
- Earthquake puts PNG LNG eight weeks away from production
It may take up to eight weeks to repair and restore production at the PNG LNG project following last week’s earthquake in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea, according to the operation’s joint venture partners.
- LNG producers to coordinate WA, NT maintenance activities
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has authorised Chevron, INPEX, Shell and Woodside Petroleum to coordinate maintenance activities at their liquefied natural gas (LNG) facilities in Western Australia and Northern Territory.
- Santos PNG operations close following earthquake
Santos is the latest oil and gas company to report that its assets in Papua New Guinea have been closed following an earthquake in the country’s Highlands yesterday morning.
- PNG earthquake forces closure of resources operations
ExxonMobil and Oil Search have shut down their liquefied natural gas (LNG) operations and facilities in Papua New Guinea after an earthquake hit the country’s Highlands this morning.
- Woodside secures $1.6bn in Scarborough LNG acquisition funding
Woodside has completed the first stage of a $2.5 billion equity raising announced last week to increase its ownership of the Scarborough gas field offshore Western Australia.
- Woodside to raise $2.5bn for Scarborough acquisition, LNG expansion
Woodside Petroleum has announced a $2.5 billion equity raising to provide funding to increase its stake in the Scarborough gas field offshore Western Australia by 50 per cent.
- Mitsui & Co unveils $602m takeover bid for AWE
Japanese company Mitsui has confirmed a non-binding proposal to acquire 100 per cent ownership of Australian energy company AWE for a value of $602 million.
- Ashurst oil and gas predictions for 2018 suggest industry stabilisation
Law firm Ashurst has released nine predictions for the oil and gas industry in 2018, and the results have been encouraging overall.
- Australia’s LNG industry enjoys ‘watershed year’ in 2017
Australian liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports hit 56.8 million tonnes (Mt) in 2017, jumping 26.3 per cent from 44.9Mt in the previous year.
- Carnarvon Petroleum releases its latest quarterly report
Carnarvon Petroleum has released its latest quarterly report, detailing the developments within the company over the past three months.