- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Urgent reform needed in gas market, Frencham says
Urgent reform is needed, particularly in the gas market, according to the local MD of one of the world’s biggest chemical companies. Brent Balinski spoke to Dow’s Tony Frencham about the manufacturing industry’s energy worries.
- Queensland survey reveals mixed view of coal seam gas
A new survey in QLD’s CSG regions have revealed interesting community responses to the industry.
- Oil sands in focus [infographic]
Visual Capitalists have put together a new infographic detailing the enormity of Canada’s oil sands region,and the role it has to play in the global oil industry.
- Book Review: Blue Flames, Black Gold
Australian Mining interviews the author of the official history of Santos, Kristin Weidenbach, and reviews the book Blue Flames, Black Gold.
- BHP demerger: How it affects Australia
We’ve broken down what sites will be affected, and who is staying and who is going in the BHP demerger
- US fracking boom puts West African oil economies at risk
As the US sees a new domestic energy boom, overtaking Russia for oil output, the fragile economics of West African are becoming shakier.
- The challenge of sorting fact from fiction on coal seam gas
The CSIRO’s Alex Wonhas works to dispel some of the confusion and misinformation on the issue of coal seam gas and fracking.
- Offshore workers in limbo after Senate action
Michelle Grattan discusses how many oil and gas rig workers are left up in the air as visas regulation remains locked in parliament.
- Don’t get burnt by gas price rises: tips for industry
How can your business cut down energy costs in the face of rising gas prices?
- The what, where, and how of shale gas [infographic]
A new infographic is uncovering what shale gas is, and how it sourced.
- Australian LNG in the shadow of a global gas showdown
How will the Chinese and Russian gas pipeline deal affect Australian LNG?
- Gazprom’s well-matched marriage with China has been a long time in the making
The massive multi-billion dollar gas supply deal between China and Russia is one of the largest gas deals ever carried out.
- What it takes to build $70 billion worth of LNG plants: Bechtel construction facts
As the LNG plants on Curtis Island continue to take shape in three projects worth billions of dollars in investments, Australian Mining did some digging to find out just what it takes to construct the facilities.Vicky Validakis reports.
- US shale oil and gas boom threatens LNG future
As the US shale boom gains momentum many Asian buyers are holding off on LNG contracts, awaiting the cheaper alternative of shale gas.
- Can shale oil fuel Australia?
Griffith University’s Vlado Vivoda asks whether shale oil is the energy source of Australia’s future.
- Black Gold sparks anger
While drillers on reality TV show Black Gold pride themselves on a ‘roughneck’ attitude, Australian drillers say their image is hurting the industry.