- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Are we ready for more offshore drilling?
Following a short spate of major offshore oil incidents, has technology and safety advanced to levels to prevent these accidents occurring again?
- FactCheck: is 53% of Australia under exploration licence for unconventional mining?
Have the figures on CSG and the spread of fracking been grossly exaggerated?
- The future of coal seam gas after the NSW election
An even-handed insight into the current state of CSG in NSW ahead of the state election, and what the future may hold.
- Oil or metals, the trade up
MoneyWeb and Standard Bank Webtrader examine commodity ETFs over-reliance on oil, and what that means for traders.
- Europe’s dependency on Russian gas is not likely to change any time soon
Despite increasing brinkmanship between Russia and the West, Europe reliance on Russia’s gas isn’t likely to stop any time soon.
- Why Norway is not panicking about the oil price collapse
As the price of oil rapidly retreats from US$100 per barrel, many nations have been rocked economically, but Norway is yet to break a sweat.
- Chevron’s Wheatstone project in pictures
A gallery by Chevron showcasing the development of its Wheatstone gas project.
- Solving resource accommodation issues
How floatels are helping resources companies solve the demand for beds, and the technology helping to protect these floatels.
- A crash in gas use is more likely than the forecast ‘shortage’
Despite the apparent boom in LNG and gas, is the forecast demand simply a smokescreen?
- The world’s top 10 oil and gas companies [infographic]
Who are the largest energy companies in the world? This infographic outlines the companies that run the industry.
- Oil crash: is this the end of a long period of inflated prices?
Is the plummeting oil price a market righting action after years of over-inflated prices?
- Don’t panic: what you need to know about oil price volatility
As oil slides below US$50 per barrel what does this mean for global markets?
- Why gas isn’t the answer to falling commodity prices or employment
The upcoming LNG boom is being touted as the next saviour of the Australian economy, but can it provide all that is being promised?
- The 2015 Energy Outlook: Oil & Gas
Australian Mining looks at the forecast for energy resources next year, in its annual Energy Outlook series. In this edition we focus on oil and gas.
- Coal seam gas is just the latest round in an underground war
As the coal seam gas debate heats up, is it just another round in the battle for resources?
- Oil prices fall as economics trumps geopolitics
A breakdown of the OPEC decision to maintain oil production, and what it means for the market.
- OPEC v oil prices: how the world’s biggest oil cartel lost its power
As oil prices slide, OPEC’s hold on the sector is weakening.
- The ANU divestment saga
An ANU decision to divest from a number of miners on ‘ethical’ grounds has shaken mining, but was it really a move for socially responsible investing?
- Honeywell’s new digital suites for oil and gas [video]
Australian Mining’s sister publication PACE Today investigates the new oil and gas digital offering from Honeywell.
- 50 years of LNG [infographic]
As we hit the milestone of 50 years since the first LNG export, Wood Mackenzie examine the current state, and future of the LNG industry.