- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- minesite vehicles
- mining accident
- mining jobs
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Chevron’s Wheatstone project in pictures
A gallery by Chevron showcasing the development of its Wheatstone gas project.
- Solving resource accommodation issues
How floatels are helping resources companies solve the demand for beds, and the technology helping to protect these floatels.
- A crash in gas use is more likely than the forecast ‘shortage’
Despite the apparent boom in LNG and gas, is the forecast demand simply a smokescreen?
- The world’s top 10 oil and gas companies [infographic]
Who are the largest energy companies in the world? This infographic outlines the companies that run the industry.
- Oil crash: is this the end of a long period of inflated prices?
Is the plummeting oil price a market righting action after years of over-inflated prices?
- Don’t panic: what you need to know about oil price volatility
As oil slides below US$50 per barrel what does this mean for global markets?
- Why gas isn’t the answer to falling commodity prices or employment
The upcoming LNG boom is being touted as the next saviour of the Australian economy, but can it provide all that is being promised?
- The 2015 Energy Outlook: Oil & Gas
Australian Mining looks at the forecast for energy resources next year, in its annual Energy Outlook series. In this edition we focus on oil and gas.
- Coal seam gas is just the latest round in an underground war
As the coal seam gas debate heats up, is it just another round in the battle for resources?
- Oil prices fall as economics trumps geopolitics
A breakdown of the OPEC decision to maintain oil production, and what it means for the market.
- OPEC v oil prices: how the world’s biggest oil cartel lost its power
As oil prices slide, OPEC’s hold on the sector is weakening.
- The ANU divestment saga
An ANU decision to divest from a number of miners on ‘ethical’ grounds has shaken mining, but was it really a move for socially responsible investing?
- Honeywell’s new digital suites for oil and gas [video]
Australian Mining’s sister publication PACE Today investigates the new oil and gas digital offering from Honeywell.
- 50 years of LNG [infographic]
As we hit the milestone of 50 years since the first LNG export, Wood Mackenzie examine the current state, and future of the LNG industry.
- How to build a natural gas pipeline [video]
Santos has set a timelapse camera at one end of its 420 kilometre gas pipeline to show how the massive infrastructure was constructed.
- Urgent reform needed in gas market, Frencham says
Urgent reform is needed, particularly in the gas market, according to the local MD of one of the world’s biggest chemical companies. Brent Balinski spoke to Dow’s Tony Frencham about the manufacturing industry’s energy worries.
- Queensland survey reveals mixed view of coal seam gas
A new survey in QLD’s CSG regions have revealed interesting community responses to the industry.
- Oil sands in focus [infographic]
Visual Capitalists have put together a new infographic detailing the enormity of Canada’s oil sands region,and the role it has to play in the global oil industry.
- Book Review: Blue Flames, Black Gold
Australian Mining interviews the author of the official history of Santos, Kristin Weidenbach, and reviews the book Blue Flames, Black Gold.
- BHP demerger: How it affects Australia
We’ve broken down what sites will be affected, and who is staying and who is going in the BHP demerger