- Anglo American
- BHP Billiton
- Bowen Basin
- contract mining engineering and services
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- job cuts
- mergers and acquisitions
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- New Zealand
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- The unbreakable bond between oil and steel
While it might sound like the title to a heavy metal song, the unbreakable bond between oil and steel is very real and an indicator of how the global economy is trending.
- Eight tips for creating a good weld
It’s important to know the basic principles to create a safe, strong and clean weld. Mathew Hefferan, field applications specialist at Welding Industries of Australia (WIA), shares his top eight tips to creating a good weld. 1. Safety The first thing to consider before starting is to ensure the correct safety equipment. This includes gloves, … Continue reading Eight tips for creating a good weld
- The benefits of load testing: why it’s vital to ensure your gear is adequately tested
Since opening its state-of-the-art service centre in Mackay, Queensland in March 2017, SEW-EURODRIVE has been working with its mining operator customers to ensure their gearboxes and drives are performing at optimum efficiency and safety.
- Alemlube offers serious workshop fitouts with Ravaglioli lifting gear
Alemlube is Australia’s leading supplier of lubrication and workshop equipment and for over 20 years has also been providing turnkey workshop solutions to the mining, contractor, automotive and transport industries.
- The evolution of FLNG concepts and costs
Wood Mackenzie breaks down the latest developments in FLNG, and trends ahead for the industry.
- How oil is formed [infographic]
Today’s infographic explains how oil is formed, while also covering some of oil’s uses and history. It also mentions an alternate theory on how oil is formed.
- Oil, gas and marine parks really can coexist in our oceans – here’s how
When it comes to conserving the world’s oceans, bigger isn’t necessarily better. Globally, there has been an increasing trend towards placing very large marine reserves in remote regions. While these reserves help to meet some conservation targets, we don’t know if they are achieving their ultimate goal of protecting the diversity of life. In 2002, … Continue reading Oil, gas and marine parks really can coexist in our oceans – here’s how
- The volatile history of crude oil markets [infographic]
Crude oil is the world’s most actively traded commodity, and oil-related trades are a staple for traders, hedgers, investors around the globe. This infographic examines where trading begin, and where it may head.
- Why oil prices fluctuate [infographic]
An infographic outlining why, and how, oil prices fluctuate.
- The future of Australia’s energy sector [opinion]
Josh Frydenberg’s speech at Energy Networks 2016 Energy in Transition Conference.
- Time to Reform Australia’s Gas Market [opinion]
The Australian gas market is undergoing significant structural change. Remarkably, just a decade ago low levels of production and exploration saw plans advanced to import gas from Papua New Guinea. Wind the clock forward to today, and Australia is on the cusp of becoming the world’s largest LNG exporter, having seen more than $200 billion invested … Continue reading Time to Reform Australia’s Gas Market [opinion]
- Gorgon LNG facility just the beginning of a golden age in gas [opinion]
Federal resources minister Josh Frydenberg attended Gorgon LNG as the facility prepared for its first shipment.
- Competitive drive will help weather oil slump [opinion]
Australian resources and energy minister Josh Frydenberg delivers an address to the oil and gas conference CERAWeek in Houston.
- How a small office in Jamaica might be our best hope for regulating deep sea mining
With the reality of seabed mining becoming more and more tangible, steps are needed to ensure a safe, regulated industry.
- New LEDs launched for hazardous environments
ABB has launched a new LED lighting range for hazardous area applications.
- Honeywell aids efficiency at Russian refinery
A control technology from Honeywell Process Solutions is helping a major refinery in Russia improve efficiency and reliability in their gasoline blending process.
- The World’s largest LNG projects [infographic]
An infographic outlining the world’s seven largest LNG projects,
- The 10 largest oil and gas companies [infographic]
An infographic outlining the world’s 10 largest oil and gas companies in 2015.
- Are we ready for more offshore drilling?
Following a short spate of major offshore oil incidents, has technology and safety advanced to levels to prevent these accidents occurring again?
- FactCheck: is 53% of Australia under exploration licence for unconventional mining?
Have the figures on CSG and the spread of fracking been grossly exaggerated?