- Australia’s LNG industry enjoys ‘watershed year’ in 2017
Australian liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports hit 56.8 million tonnes (Mt) in 2017, jumping 26.3 per cent from 44.9Mt in the previous year.
- Carnarvon Petroleum releases its latest quarterly report
Carnarvon Petroleum has released its latest quarterly report, detailing the developments within the company over the past three months.
- Total, Santos secure farm-in agreement with Melbana
French oil and gas major Total and Australia’s Santos have executed a seismic funding and farm-in agreement with Melbana Energy at the WA-488-P licence offshore northern Australia.
- MinRes launches rival bid against CERCG for AWE takeover
China Energy Reserve and Chemicals Group (CERCG) and Mineral Resources have announced their wishes to take over Perth-based oil and gas explorer AWE for 73 cents per share and 80 cents per share, respectively.
- Senex receives environmental approval for Surat Basin gas project
Senex Energy has received environmental authority from the Queensland Government for its 100 per cent-owned Western Surat gas project in the Surat Basin
- Beach Energy farms into LNG prospect with BP and Cue
Beach Energy has entered into an equity deal over two prospects at the Ironbark offshore gas project in the Carnarvon Basin, Western Australia.
- AWE seeks up to $48m to fund Waitsia gas project
AWE will raise up to $48 million through a share placement and purchase plan to help fund stage two of its Waitsia gas project in Western Australia.
- Shell to dump $3.5 billion stake in Woodside
Oil and gas giant Shell is parting ways with Woodside Petroleum after a long relationship as a key shareholder of the Australian company.
- Elk Petroleum completes buyout of US oil field for $205m
Australian oil company Elk Petroleum announced yesterday that it has completed its acquisition of the Greater Aneth oil field from US company Resolute Energy Corporation for $US160 million ($205 million).
- Carnarvon secures new permit for North West Shelf oil drilling
Carnarvon Petroleum has been awarded a new permit located within the Bonaparte Basin on Western Australia’s North West Shelf.
- Oil Search to acquire $US400m Alaskan assets
Oil Search has secured an agreement to acquire oil assets in Alaska from privately-owned companies, Armstrong Energy and GMT Exploration Company, for $US400 million ($522.4 million).
- Chevron ships first LNG from Wheatstone
Chevron’s first shipment of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Wheatstone will be delivered to one of its foundation buyers, JERA, for delivery into Japan.
- Alemlube offers serious workshop fitouts with Ravaglioli lifting gear
Alemlube is Australia’s leading supplier of lubrication and workshop equipment and for over 20 years has also been providing turnkey workshop solutions to the mining, contractor, automotive and transport industries.
- Shell awards Prelude FLNG contract
Engineering and maintenance services provider EnerMech has been awarded a five-year contract for hose and hose fittings supply and services for Shell’s Prelude floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) facility in Western Australia.
- Chevron snaps up three offshore interests off Western Australian coast
Chevron Australia has purchased three exploration interests in the Carnarvon Basin offshore Western Australia, comprising 50 trillion cubic feet of gas resources over an area of 23,170 square kilometres.
- Chevron starts LNG production at Wheatstone
Chevron has launched production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) at the Wheatstone project in Western Australia.
- CSIRO identifies growth opportunities for oil and gas sector
A new roadmap published by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) has identified several growth areas to aid the expansion of the Australian oil and gas industry, which is currently challenged by low-cost overseas competition and attempts to reduce carbon intensity within the local energy sector.
- BC Iron purchases prospective WA tenements from Mineralogy
Western Australian company BC Iron has entered into a deal with Clive Palmer’s Mineralogy for the purchase of two groups of the latter’s Pilbara tenements.
- Strike Energy moves to South Australia
Australian-listed oil and gas company Strike Energy has relocated from Sydney to Adelaide, set to create around 85 resources jobs in the state.
- Rimco releases high wear polyurethanes
Polyurethane manufacturers Rimco have developed a world first processing technology and formulated new exceptionally high wear polyurethanes for the manufacture of Wear Products used in the mining and mineral processing industries.