- Sundance Energy seeks $331m for Eagle Ford Group properties
ASX-listed oil and gas company Sundance Energy is looking to raise $331 million for the acquisition of Eagle Ford Shale properties in Texas from companies Pioneer Natural Resources, Reliance Eagle Ford Upstream Holdings and Newpek.
- Woodside abandons Grassy Point LNG venture to focus on Chevron’s Kitimat project
Perth-based Woodside Petroleum has chosen not to renew agreements to develop an LNG project at Grassy Point in British Columbia (BC), Canada, instead turning its attention to Chevron’s Kitimat LNG project, also located in BC.
- VEGAPULS 64: Extra safety in storage and measurement of liquid gas
VEGA’s VEGAPULS 64 sensor relies on specific techniques to vastly reduce noise levels associated with ball valves, resulting in much better signal focusing for liquid gas measurement.
- Earthquake puts PNG LNG eight weeks away from production
It may take up to eight weeks to repair and restore production at the PNG LNG project following last week’s earthquake in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea, according to the operation’s joint venture partners.
- LNG producers to coordinate WA, NT maintenance activities
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has authorised Chevron, INPEX, Shell and Woodside Petroleum to coordinate maintenance activities at their liquefied natural gas (LNG) facilities in Western Australia and Northern Territory.
- Santos PNG operations close following earthquake
Santos is the latest oil and gas company to report that its assets in Papua New Guinea have been closed following an earthquake in the country’s Highlands yesterday morning.
- PNG earthquake forces closure of resources operations
ExxonMobil and Oil Search have shut down their liquefied natural gas (LNG) operations and facilities in Papua New Guinea after an earthquake hit the country’s Highlands this morning.
- Woodside secures $1.6bn in Scarborough LNG acquisition funding
Woodside has completed the first stage of a $2.5 billion equity raising announced last week to increase its ownership of the Scarborough gas field offshore Western Australia.
- Woodside to raise $2.5bn for Scarborough acquisition, LNG expansion
Woodside Petroleum has announced a $2.5 billion equity raising to provide funding to increase its stake in the Scarborough gas field offshore Western Australia by 50 per cent.
- Eight tips for creating a good weld
It’s important to know the basic principles to create a safe, strong and clean weld. Mathew Hefferan, field applications specialist at Welding Industries of Australia (WIA), shares his top eight tips to creating a good weld. 1. Safety The first thing to consider before starting is to ensure the correct safety equipment. This includes gloves, … Continue reading Eight tips for creating a good weld
- The benefits of load testing: why it’s vital to ensure your gear is adequately tested
Since opening its state-of-the-art service centre in Mackay, Queensland in March 2017, SEW-EURODRIVE has been working with its mining operator customers to ensure their gearboxes and drives are performing at optimum efficiency and safety.
- Mitsui & Co unveils $602m takeover bid for AWE
Japanese company Mitsui has confirmed a non-binding proposal to acquire 100 per cent ownership of Australian energy company AWE for a value of $602 million.
- Valmec secures contract to help energise Gruyere gold project
Energy services provider Valmec has secured several service and construction contracts for prominent gas and infrastructure projects, primarily for work on the APA Group’s Yamarna gas pipeline in the Eastern Goldfields, Western Australia.
- Ashurst oil and gas predictions for 2018 suggest industry stabilisation
Law firm Ashurst has released nine predictions for the oil and gas industry in 2018, and the results have been encouraging overall.
- Australia’s LNG industry enjoys ‘watershed year’ in 2017
Australian liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports hit 56.8 million tonnes (Mt) in 2017, jumping 26.3 per cent from 44.9Mt in the previous year.
- Carnarvon Petroleum releases its latest quarterly report
Carnarvon Petroleum has released its latest quarterly report, detailing the developments within the company over the past three months.
- Total, Santos secure farm-in agreement with Melbana
French oil and gas major Total and Australia’s Santos have executed a seismic funding and farm-in agreement with Melbana Energy at the WA-488-P licence offshore northern Australia.
- MinRes launches rival bid against CERCG for AWE takeover
China Energy Reserve and Chemicals Group (CERCG) and Mineral Resources have announced their wishes to take over Perth-based oil and gas explorer AWE for 73 cents per share and 80 cents per share, respectively.
- Senex receives environmental approval for Surat Basin gas project
Senex Energy has received environmental authority from the Queensland Government for its 100 per cent-owned Western Surat gas project in the Surat Basin
- Beach Energy farms into LNG prospect with BP and Cue
Beach Energy has entered into an equity deal over two prospects at the Ironbark offshore gas project in the Carnarvon Basin, Western Australia.