- Easternwell secures drilling contract with Senex in Surat Basin
Senex has awarded a major Surat Basin drilling contract to Easternwell across Project Atlas and Roma North, with works to commence in May 2019.
- Petroleum tax amendments could benefit onshore gas projects
The Australian Government has passed amendments to the long-standing petroleum resource rent tax (PRRT) to exclude the onshore oil and gas industry from its scope.
- Perth is a global oil and gas hub says WA Mines and Petroleum Minister
Perth is the only Australian city to be admitted into the World Energy Cities Partnership, which signifies Western Australia’s continual growth as a world energy leader.
- CIMIC Group awarded $190m contract at Karratha
Woodside Energy has awarded a contract to CIMIC Group’s UGL as part of the latter’s joint venture (JV) with Cape at the Karratha gas plant in Western Australia.
- EPA’s emissions guideline a threat to Woodside projects
Woodside Energy has urged the Western Australian State Government to reject the Environmental Protection Authority’s revised guidance on greenhouse gas emissions as it could jeopardise the Browse, Scarborough and Pluto Train 2 projects.
- Diversity of thought – Oil & gas heavyweights fuel the debate
Widely regarded as Australia’s premier event specifically on diversity and inclusion for the oil and gas industry, the Australasian Oil & Gas Exhibition & Conference (AOG) Diversity and Inclusion Breakfast will this year see executives from Woodside Energy, Chevron Australia, Shell Australia and Baker Hughes – a GE Company debate “Diversity of Thought.” “The idea … Continue reading Diversity of thought – Oil & gas heavyweights fuel the debate
- BHP commits $1.34bn to petroleum ventures
BHP has approved two major funding packages worth a combined $US952 million ($1.34 billion) to advance its petroleum prospects offshore the United States and Mexico.
- CIMIC secures major contract with Australia Pacific LNG
CIMIC Group has won a $90 million contract with Australia Pacific LNG to deliver over 300 coal seam gas wells in the Surat Basin, Queensland.
- BHP forms alliance to clean up mining impacted lands and water
BHP has formed a partnership aimed at finding a sustainable way to both clean up legacy mining impacts and develop biomass to be used as feedstock for biofuels from the impacted lands and water.
- CIMIC contract spree in resources continues
UGL has secured the latest contracts in the resources industry for parent company CIMIC Group with $200 million of extensions to supply maintenance and turnaround services for oil and gas sector clients.
- Woodside awards contracts for Scarborough JV with BHP
Woodside Petroleum has awarded four contracts for front-end engineering design activities for the proposed Scarborough gas project in Western Australia.
- West coast LNG producers lead exports
Australian LNG export revenue last year has risen 67.8 per cent to $43.3 billion on 2017, making LNG the country’s third largest export in 2018 after coal and iron ore, energy advisory firm EnergyQuest Australia reported.
- LNG exports spike to another QLD record
The Port of Gladstone in Queensland exported 20.58 million tonnes of LNG exports in 2018, resulting in a new annual record.
- Woodside commissions Pluto pipeline in WA
Woodside Energy has commissioned the Pluto domestic gas pipeline by supplying first gas to the Dampier to Bunbury Natural Gas Pipeline (DBNGP) in Western Australia.
- ExxonMobil, BHP move forward with West Barracouta project
Joint venture partners ExxonMobil and BHP have approved the development of the western dome of the Barracouta gas field in the Bass Strait offshore Victoria.
- EPIK LNG terminal to be built at Newcastle Port
South Korea-based Epik has signed an agreement with Port of Newcastle to develop an LNG floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) import terminal.
- Valmec extends Australia Pacific LNG contract
Valmec has been awarded $25 million of services and construction contracts, including a renewal of its long-term services contract with Origin Energy at the Australia Pacific LNG project in Queensland.
- Woodside makes cybersecurity a priority with Cirrus partnership
Cirrus Networks Holdings has been granted a $3 million operational technology (OT) cyber resilience service contract by Woodside Petroleum.
- WA Government to ban fracking on 98% of land
The Western Australian Government has banned hydraulic fracturing over 98 per cent of the state, with traditional owners and farmers having the right to say no to fracking production for the first time.
- BP, WorleyParsons enter oil services JV
BP has entered into a joint venture with WorleyParsons where the latter will take a 50 per cent stake in New Zealand Oil Services.