- AWE seeks up to $48m to fund Waitsia gas project
AWE will raise up to $48 million through a share placement and purchase plan to help fund stage two of its Waitsia gas project in Western Australia.
- Shell to dump $3.5 billion stake in Woodside
Oil and gas giant Shell is parting ways with Woodside Petroleum after a long relationship as a key shareholder of the Australian company.
- Elk Petroleum completes buyout of US oil field for $205m
Australian oil company Elk Petroleum announced yesterday that it has completed its acquisition of the Greater Aneth oil field from US company Resolute Energy Corporation for $US160 million ($205 million).
- Carnarvon secures new permit for North West Shelf oil drilling
Carnarvon Petroleum has been awarded a new permit located within the Bonaparte Basin on Western Australia’s North West Shelf.
- Oil Search to acquire $US400m Alaskan assets
Oil Search has secured an agreement to acquire oil assets in Alaska from privately-owned companies, Armstrong Energy and GMT Exploration Company, for $US400 million ($522.4 million).
- Chevron ships first LNG from Wheatstone
Chevron’s first shipment of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Wheatstone will be delivered to one of its foundation buyers, JERA, for delivery into Japan.
- Alemlube offers serious workshop fitouts with Ravaglioli lifting gear
Alemlube is Australia’s leading supplier of lubrication and workshop equipment and for over 20 years has also been providing turnkey workshop solutions to the mining, contractor, automotive and transport industries.
- Shell awards Prelude FLNG contract
Engineering and maintenance services provider EnerMech has been awarded a five-year contract for hose and hose fittings supply and services for Shell’s Prelude floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) facility in Western Australia.
- Chevron snaps up three offshore interests off Western Australian coast
Chevron Australia has purchased three exploration interests in the Carnarvon Basin offshore Western Australia, comprising 50 trillion cubic feet of gas resources over an area of 23,170 square kilometres.
- Chevron starts LNG production at Wheatstone
Chevron has launched production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) at the Wheatstone project in Western Australia.
- CSIRO identifies growth opportunities for oil and gas sector
A new roadmap published by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) has identified several growth areas to aid the expansion of the Australian oil and gas industry, which is currently challenged by low-cost overseas competition and attempts to reduce carbon intensity within the local energy sector.
- BC Iron purchases prospective WA tenements from Mineralogy
Western Australian company BC Iron has entered into a deal with Clive Palmer’s Mineralogy for the purchase of two groups of the latter’s Pilbara tenements.
- Strike Energy moves to South Australia
Australian-listed oil and gas company Strike Energy has relocated from Sydney to Adelaide, set to create around 85 resources jobs in the state.
- Rimco releases high wear polyurethanes
Polyurethane manufacturers Rimco have developed a world first processing technology and formulated new exceptionally high wear polyurethanes for the manufacture of Wear Products used in the mining and mineral processing industries.
- Record month for LNG as Gorgon, North West Shelf increase output
Australian liquefied natural gas (LNG) shipments for the month of July reached a record 5.4 million tonnes (Mt), driven by higher output from Gorgon and the North-West Shelf (NWS).
- Aussie based ALS sells oil and and gas business
Australian testing and inspection services company ALS has entered an agreement to sell its multinational oil and gas business to Chicago-based Madison Industries for $109 million.
- Monadelphous secures $600m contract at Woodside’s LNG operations
Monadelphous has won more work in the liquefied natural gas (LNG) industry, with Woodside Petroleum awarding the engineering company a $600 million contract to provide maintenance services and brownfields offshore implementation across its Western Australian gas production facilities.
- Australian Maritime Systems wins contract at Chevron-operated Gorgon LNG project
Australian Maritime Systems Group (AMSG) has been awarded a contract by Chevron to design and install a new vessel tracking service (VTS) system to manage shipping to and from the Gorgon LNG project on Barrow Island, 60km off the north-west coast of Western Australia.
- Monadelphous wins Ichthy LNG contract, adds $125m of work
Engineering company Monadelphous has secured new contracts and additional work worth a combined $125 million.
- Benefits Of Using The MotoTRBO Series Two-way Radio
Those working in the mining industry require equipment that can operate in the harshest of conditions to ensure their safety and increase overall productivity. With exposure to harmful gases and chemical vapours being a daily occupational hazard, maintaining effective communication between workers is imperative for assuring their well-being. As an industry leader in the world … Continue reading Benefits Of Using The MotoTRBO Series Two-way Radio