- ExxonMobil, BHP move forward with West Barracouta project
Joint venture partners ExxonMobil and BHP have approved the development of the western dome of the Barracouta gas field in the Bass Strait offshore Victoria.
- EPIK LNG terminal to be built at Newcastle Port
South Korea-based Epik has signed an agreement with Port of Newcastle to develop an LNG floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) import terminal.
- Valmec extends Australia Pacific LNG contract
Valmec has been awarded $25 million of services and construction contracts, including a renewal of its long-term services contract with Origin Energy at the Australia Pacific LNG project in Queensland.
- Woodside makes cybersecurity a priority with Cirrus partnership
Cirrus Networks Holdings has been granted a $3 million operational technology (OT) cyber resilience service contract by Woodside Petroleum.
- WA Government to ban fracking on 98% of land
The Western Australian Government has banned hydraulic fracturing over 98 per cent of the state, with traditional owners and farmers having the right to say no to fracking production for the first time.
- BP, WorleyParsons enter oil services JV
BP has entered into a joint venture with WorleyParsons where the latter will take a 50 per cent stake in New Zealand Oil Services.
- Woodside CEO pushes for carbon policy overhaul
Woodside Energy chief executive Peter Coleman has encouraged large resources companies to take action on preventing climate change and form “a low-carbon society”.
- Senex development of Roma North to deliver QLD jobs
Senex has launched construction of a gas processing facility and pipeline as part of its wider Western Surat gas project in Queensland.
- Woodside to extend life of North West Shelf beyond 2025
Woodside Energy has agreed to process the gas resources of Chevron’s Clio-Acme fields and the Woodside-led Browse joint venture at its North West Shelf facilities on Burrup Peninsula in Western Australia.
- BHP lines up exploration licences with $859m bid
BHP has won the bids to acquire a full ownership and operatorship of exploration licenses for two oil blocks in the offshore Orphan Basin, Eastern Canada.
- INPEX ships first cargo from Ichthys LNG project
INPEX Corp’s first cargo of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the Ichthys LNG project has departed from its onshore gas liquefaction plant in Darwin, Northern Territory.
- WorleyParsons to grow resources business with $4.65b Jacobs acquisition
WorleyParsons is set to acquire Jacobs Engineering Group’s energy, chemicals and resources (ECR) division for $US3.3 billion ($4.65 billion).
- Strike Energy launches takeover offer for UIL
Oil and gas explorer Strike Energy has made an offer to acquire 100 per cent of shares in UIL Energy for 0.485 Strike shares per UIL ordinary share.
- Schneider Electric: Operational Profitability
The future of manufacturing — indeed the future of most industries — is becoming increasingly automated.
- Shell QGC expansion to secure up to 350 jobs in Queensland
Shell’s QGC onshore gas venture in Queensland has announced a significant expansion that will secure up to 350 jobs over the next two years.
- Bechtel named preferred contractor for Woodside’s Pluto train 2
Woodside has selected Bechtel as its execution contractor for the expansion of the Pluto LNG facility offshore Western Australia.
- Woodside awards four-year contract to SRG Global
SRG Global has secured a four-year contract to provide equipment to Woodside Petroleum’s North West Shelf project and gas facilities in Western Australia.
- BHP completes $US300m sale of Fayetteville onshore gas asset
BHP has finalised the sale of its Fayetteville onshore gas assets in Arkansas to MMGJ Hugoton III for $US300 million ($415.3 million).
- The unbreakable bond between oil and steel
While it might sound like the title to a heavy metal song, the unbreakable bond between oil and steel is very real and an indicator of how the global economy is trending.
- Santos to acquire Quadrant Energy for $US2.15bn
Santos is set to grow further into Western Australia with a takeover of oil and gas company Quadrant Energy.