- Anadarko to begin construction on $29bn LNG project
Anadarko Petroleum and its joint venture partners have made a final investment decision (FID) in favour of its $US20 billion ($29 billion) Mozambique LNG project.
- Oil and gas CEOs remain confident despite external threats
Oil and gas executives are optimistic about company growth within the sector despite threats of cyber security and climate change.
- Coal industry continues to boom
Global coal consumption and production rose in 2018, reflecting positive results for the Australian coal industry according to new data released by BP in its 2019 statistical review of world energy.
- Shell completes first LNG shipment from Prelude
Shell’s first shipment of liquified natural gas (LNG) from the Prelude floating LNG facility offshore Western Australia has set sail.
- Woodside cuts production outlook on Pluto problems
Woodside Energy has extended the gas turnaround at its Pluto LNG facility in Western Australia, with restart of production now targeted for the end of June.
- Queensland seeks royalty tax hike on gas
The Queensland Government has increased the rate of royalty taxes on petroleum by 25 per cent as part of its 2019 state budget.