- Anastacia Palaszczuk
- Barrow Island
- climate change
- Coal Council of Australia
- cyber security
- Exxon Mobil
- Jackie Trad
- natural gas
- North West Shelf
- oil and gas
- Oil Search
- Queensland Government
- Surat Basin
- Tropical Cyclone Veronica
- Western Australia
- PNG Government ‘full steam ahead’ with $20 billion LNG project
The Papua New Guinea Government has given project partners Total, Exxon Mobil and Australia’s Oil Search the green light to proceed with the $20 billion liquefied natural gas (LNG) project.
- Woodside set to increase production as profits slip
Woodside has laid solid foundations for the second half of 2019, recording strong financial and production results for the first six months of the year.
- Downer extends gas contract with AusNet for $350m
Downer has been awarded a five-year extension on its gas services contract with AusNet Services worth approximately $350 million.
- Chevron starts Gorgon carbon dioxide injection system
Chevron has launched the Gorgon carbon dioxide injection system, one of the world’s largest greenhouse gas mitigation projects.
- Jemena begins Atlas gas pipeline construction
Jemena has commenced construction of the Atlas gas pipeline south-west of Wandoan, Queensland.
- Queensland focuses on future gas supply with exploration approvals
The Queensland Government has given the green light to a joint venture between Santos and Shell, and for Bridgeport Energy to start gas exploration in the Surat Basin to boost future gas supply.
- Anadarko to begin construction on $29bn LNG project
Anadarko Petroleum and its joint venture partners have made a final investment decision (FID) in favour of its $US20 billion ($29 billion) Mozambique LNG project.
- Oil and gas CEOs remain confident despite external threats
Oil and gas executives are optimistic about company growth within the sector despite threats of cyber security and climate change.
- Coal industry continues to boom
Global coal consumption and production rose in 2018, reflecting positive results for the Australian coal industry according to new data released by BP in its 2019 statistical review of world energy.
- Shell completes first LNG shipment from Prelude
Shell’s first shipment of liquified natural gas (LNG) from the Prelude floating LNG facility offshore Western Australia has set sail.
- Woodside cuts production outlook on Pluto problems
Woodside Energy has extended the gas turnaround at its Pluto LNG facility in Western Australia, with restart of production now targeted for the end of June.
- Queensland seeks royalty tax hike on gas
The Queensland Government has increased the rate of royalty taxes on petroleum by 25 per cent as part of its 2019 state budget.