- AngloGold Ashanti
- Atlas Iron
- Australian Mining
- Gina Rinehart
- Gold Fields
- gold mine
- Hancock Prospecting
- iron ore
- kirkland lake gold
- mineral sands
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- NSW Minerals Council
- Ramelius Resources
- rare earths
- Sandfire Resources
- Tania Constable
- Top News
- Western Areas
- Ok Tedi bounces back after fire
Ok Tedi Mining has returned to usual production levels after a fire damaged two processing circuits at the Papua New Guinean copper-gold-silver mine during December.
- Boss to fast track Honeymoon as supply shortages loom
Boss Energy is on track to complete an enhanced feasibility study (EFS) on the Honeymoon uranium project in South Australia in the coming quarter, with anticipation for a uranium price spike.
- Cokal contracts Harmoni for coking coal project
Cokal has appointed Indonesia’s Harmoni Panca Utama to provide contract mining services at the Bumi Barito Mineral coal development project in the country’s Central Kalimantan province.
- MACA reports $3bn in contracts with Downer acquisition
MACA has completed a takeover of Downer’s Mining West business, including its four ongoing contracts in Western Australia.
- Leading Australian gold miner enlists Minetek for custom ventilation
A leading Australian gold miner has hired Minetek to deliver a custom ventilation solution for an underground crusher in central New South Wales.
- Barminco contract at Agnew extended to 2023
Gold Fields has awarded a $200 million contract extension to Barminco for underground mining at the Agnew gold mine in Western Australia.
- WA miners suspend FIFO flights until Friday
BHP and Fortescue Metals Group are among mining companies that have cancelled fly-in, fly-out (FIFO) flights to and from Perth during this week’s lockdown in Western Australia.
- Reddit investors switch to silver
Silver prices have shot up to an eight-year high of almost $US30 ($39.35) after Reddit investors moved from GameStop shares to purchasing the precious metal.
- Mineral from Mars found in Antarctic ice
Researchers in Antarctica have stumbled upon traces of jarosite, a mineral commonly found on Mars, which might confirm theories suggesting there is water on the red planet.
- Aggreko on path to net zero emissions by 2050
Aggreko plans to invest up to $600 million a year to support the mining sector’s energy transition, responding to the industry’s requests for energy alternatives to fossil diesel.
- WA lockdown disrupts Perth FIFO workers
Fly-in, fly-out (FIFO) workers in Western Australia have been impacted by the state government’s decision to impose a snap five-day lockdown on three regions last night.
- Fosterville keeps Kirkland Lake afloat as Canadian mines struggle
Kirkland Lake Gold president and chief executive officer Tony Makuch has described 2020 as the company’s best year ever despite it withdrawing production guidance in April due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Calidus continues Warrawoona expansion
Calidus Resources has acquired the remaining share in the tenements that are located at the Warrawoona gold project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia from Novo Resources.
- OZ Minerals to begin Carrapateena block cave expansion
OZ Minerals has received board approval to progress the block cave expansion at the Carrapateena copper-gold mine in South Australia after deferring the decision due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sandvik rolls out Toro LH410 loader
Sandvik has unveiled the Toro LH410 loader, which features a superior lift height and revamped technologies for underground mining applications.
- NRW wins $123m Roper Bar contract
Nathan River Resources has contracted NRW Holdings at the Roper Bar iron ore project in the Northern Territory.
- Western Areas confident of strengthening nickel market
Western Areas has capitalised on strong nickel trading during the December quarter despite being impacted by lower grades at the Forrestania operations in Western Australia.
- Ernest Henry drives Evolution performance
Evolution Mining has reported a negative all-in sustaining cost at the Glencore-operated Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
- Rio Tinto continues digital transformation with Palantir
Rio Tinto has inked a multi-year enterprise partnership with data software company Palantir Technologies to create and combine raw data to represent critical mining operations.
- RMIT offers tech facilities for use by mining partners
RMIT University and Amira Global have teamed up to allow mining companies to use the university’s test facilities to develop innovation and technology solutions for the resources sector.