- Anglo American
- BHP Mitsubishi Alliance
- Gold Fields
- iron ore
- Macmahon Holdings
- New South Wales
- NSW Minerals Council
- OZ Minerals
- Pilbara Minerals
- Rio Tinto
- Sandfire Resources
- Super Pit
- Top News
- Western Areas
- White Rock Minerals to buy AusStar for $23m
White Rock Minerals is set to acquire AuStar Gold for $23 million in a deal that will help it become an Australian gold producer.
- Mining job seekers consider move to renewables sector
Almost half of the mining industry’s workforce is considering a move to renewables, according to a recruitment report.
- BHP to halve Nickel West emissions
BHP has signed a renewable power purchase agreement with Risen Energy to slash emissions at the Nickel West Kwinana refinery in Western Australia by up to 50 per cent.
- Ravenswood expansion boosts North Queensland businesses
Ravenswood Gold is ramping up the expansion of the Ravenswood mine in North Queensland, creating more than 160 new jobs.
- Copper to ascend in 2021
Copper has been forecast to outdo the performance of other mining commodities this year, according to a White & Case 2021 survey.
- Ok Tedi bounces back after fire
Ok Tedi Mining has returned to usual production levels after a fire damaged two processing circuits at the Papua New Guinean copper-gold-silver mine during December.
- Boss to fast track Honeymoon as supply shortages loom
Boss Energy is on track to complete an enhanced feasibility study (EFS) on the Honeymoon uranium project in South Australia in the coming quarter, with anticipation for a uranium price spike.
- Cokal contracts Harmoni for coking coal project
Cokal has appointed Indonesia’s Harmoni Panca Utama to provide contract mining services at the Bumi Barito Mineral coal development project in the country’s Central Kalimantan province.
- MACA reports $3bn in contracts with Downer acquisition
MACA has completed a takeover of Downer’s Mining West business, including its four ongoing contracts in Western Australia.
- Leading Australian gold miner enlists Minetek for custom ventilation
A leading Australian gold miner has hired Minetek to deliver a custom ventilation solution for an underground crusher in central New South Wales.
- Barminco contract at Agnew extended to 2023
Gold Fields has awarded a $200 million contract extension to Barminco for underground mining at the Agnew gold mine in Western Australia.
- WA miners suspend FIFO flights until Friday
BHP and Fortescue Metals Group are among mining companies that have cancelled fly-in, fly-out (FIFO) flights to and from Perth during this week’s lockdown in Western Australia.
- Reddit investors switch to silver
Silver prices have shot up to an eight-year high of almost $US30 ($39.35) after Reddit investors moved from GameStop shares to purchasing the precious metal.
- Mineral from Mars found in Antarctic ice
Researchers in Antarctica have stumbled upon traces of jarosite, a mineral commonly found on Mars, which might confirm theories suggesting there is water on the red planet.
- Aggreko on path to net zero emissions by 2050
Aggreko plans to invest up to $600 million a year to support the mining sector’s energy transition, responding to the industry’s requests for energy alternatives to fossil diesel.
- WA lockdown disrupts Perth FIFO workers
Fly-in, fly-out (FIFO) workers in Western Australia have been impacted by the state government’s decision to impose a snap five-day lockdown on three regions last night.
- Fosterville keeps Kirkland Lake afloat as Canadian mines struggle
Kirkland Lake Gold president and chief executive officer Tony Makuch has described 2020 as the company’s best year ever despite it withdrawing production guidance in April due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Calidus continues Warrawoona expansion
Calidus Resources has acquired the remaining share in the tenements that are located at the Warrawoona gold project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia from Novo Resources.
- OZ Minerals to begin Carrapateena block cave expansion
OZ Minerals has received board approval to progress the block cave expansion at the Carrapateena copper-gold mine in South Australia after deferring the decision due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sandvik rolls out Toro LH410 loader
Sandvik has unveiled the Toro LH410 loader, which features a superior lift height and revamped technologies for underground mining applications.