- Alkane Resources
- australian vanadium
- Bounty Mining
- Cook Colliery
- Core Lithium
- Elizabeth Gaines
- emr capital
- Fortescue Metals Group
- gr engineering
- Iluka Resources
- Kalamazoo Resources
- Maules Creek
- met coal
- mount thorley warkworth
- novo resources
- Oyu Tolgoi
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- Rio Tinto Iron Ore
- thermal coal
- Top News
- Whitehaven Coal
- Argosy moves Rincon into production
Australian-based Argosy Minerals has launched lithium carbonate production at the Rincon lithium project in the Salta province of Argentina.
- Junior explorers receive up to $30 million tax credits
The latest round of the Junior Minerals Exploration Incentive (JMEI) has been oversubscribed, with 43 companies successfully applying for the $30 million of available credits for the 2019–20 year.
- Fortescue launches $500 million Eliwana contract spree
Fortescue Metals Group is expecting to hand out a further $500 million in contracts by the end 2019 as part of its construction of the Eliwana mine and rail development.
- Operations halted at Baralaba North following tragic incident
A Golding worker has died at the Baralaba North coal mine in the Bowen Basin, Queensland. Operations have been suspended at the site until further notice.
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most read articles on the Australian Mining website over the past week, including Woodside’s plan to create thousands of jobs to develop the Burrup Hub.
- Fortescue breaks ground at Eliwana mine and rail project
Fortescue Metals Group has officially started construction at the Eliwana iron ore mine and rail project in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Stanmore bolsters excavator fleet at Isaac Plains East
Stanmore Coal has acquired a 600-tonne excavator, the CAT 6060, from Hasting Deering for its Isaac Plains East mine.
- Beacon on track for gold production at Jaurdi
Beacon Minerals has commissioned a six-megawatt power station at its developing Jaurdi gold project in Western Australia.
- Queensland enjoys more record export numbers
Queensland has broken another export record, having earnt $70 billion over the last 12 months for the first time according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- OceanaGold files for injunction amid local govt dispute
OceanaGold has endeavoured to keep its Didipio operations in the Philippines by filing an injunction against any unauthorised restraint of its operations.
- ‘Industry-shaping’ merger launched between Metso and Outotec
Metso and Outotec are merging to create a “leading company in process technology, equipment and services” for the minerals, metals and aggregates industries.
- Strata Worldwide signs roof support distribution agreement with Burrell Mining
Strata to promote and distribute Burrell CAN roof support and Omega Block ventilation products to North American mining market
- Explorer makes significant lithium discovery in North Queensland
Private exploration company Strategic Metals Australia (SMA) claims to have discovered a new lithium province in Georgetown, North Queensland.
- Weir Minerals invests in future of tailings
Weir Minerals has extended its scope of service to the entire tailings process, from dewatering, transport and disposal to the conversion of tailings into a resource.
- Gindalbie takeover gets nod from shareholders
Gindalbie Metals’ investors have approved the company’s $25 million sale to China-based Ansteel in a meeting, finalising a deal first announced in March.
- Kalamazoo bolsters Victorian gold assets
Kalamazoo Resources is building momentum across its gold projects in Victoria through a set of exploration projects valued at $1.2 million.
- Chalice drives Australian focus by offloading Canadian assets
Chalice has announced it is selling its wholly owned subsidiary, Chalice Gold Mines to Chantrell Ventures Corp for $C12 million ($13.1 million) in shares.
- Loadscan expands into Australian market
Load volume scanning technology specialist Loadscan is following global demand and expanding its operations by opening up an office in New South Wales.
- Queensland focuses on future gas supply with exploration approvals
The Queensland Government has given the green light to a joint venture between Santos and Shell, and for Bridgeport Energy to start gas exploration in the Surat Basin to boost future gas supply.
- Galena secures major approvals to start Abra construction
Galena Mining has received final approval for construction, mining and production at the Abra base metals project in the Gascoyne region of Western Australia.