- Barrick Gold
- Evolution Mining
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road Resources
- Hastings Deering
- iron ore
- materials handling
- mining equipment
- Northern Minerals
- Northern Star Resources
- rare earths
- Rio Tinto
- Super Pit
- Top News
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- Weir Minerals lifts heavy weights with specialised tools
Weir Minerals produces lifting tools for the safe handling of slurry pump parts, putting safety at the heart of its innovation.
- Resolute bolsters gold portfolio with $400m Toro acquisition
Resolute will acquire Toro Gold for $US274 million ($400.2 million) in a bid to capitalise on the Mako gold mine located in Senegal, West Africa.
- Strain gauge training workshop, Sydney, September 17, 2019
Bestech Australia will run a full-day strain gauging workshop in the University of Western Sydney.
- Kirkland Lake breaks more records at Fosterville
Kirkland Lake has reported a surge in gold sales off the back of a record quarter at its Fosterville mine where it achieved “higher than expected grades.”
- Venture hands out contract on back of surging iron ore price
Venture Minerals has named previous contractor Shaw Contracting the preferred tenderer for the the Riley iron ore mine restart project in Tasmania.
- Resolute Mining on verge of acquisition proposal
Resolute Mining has entered into a trading halt on the ASX ahead of an announcement relating to a proposed acquisition.
- SIMPEC secures Western Australian contract extensions
SIMPEC has received another $5 million in scope extensions to its current structural, mechanical and piping (SMP) electrical and instrumentation (E&I) contracts in Western Australia.
- Grange awakens full capacity at Savage River as underground looms
Grange Resources has returned to full production rates at the Savage River iron ore project in Tasmania for the remainder of 2019 after a “challenging” March period.
- IGO outperforms Nova production expectations
Independence Group (IGO) has topped off a strong 2019 financial year, exceeding metal production guidance at its Nova operations in Western Australia.
- KCGM employees to get 22 weeks paid parental leave
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines (KCGM) has followed the lead of joint venture owner Newmont Goldcorp by providing generous parental or adoption leave, regardless of gender.
- First Quantum flags Ravensthorpe restart
First Quantum is planning to resume operations at the Ravensthorpe nickel mine in Western Australia during the first quarter of next year.
- AusIMM MetPlant conference to host notable speakers
The Australasian Institute for Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) MetPlant Conference will be held from September 9–10, immediately followed by the World Gold Conference from September 11–13.
- Woodside lines up Boskalis for Scarborough contract
Woodside Energy has awarded a contract to Boskalis Australia to undertake seabed intervention and shore crossing works for the proposed Scarborough export gas pipeline in Western Australia.
- Kairos makes gold nugget discovery in Pilbara
Kairos Minerals has recovered 223 gold nuggets totalling 656 grams (12.1 ounces) of gold from a newly identified area at the Croydon project in the Pilbara.
- Newcrest targets Tier 1 gold deposits with Encounter
Newcrest Mining and Encounter Resources have gained grounds in their series of joint ventures (JV) in Western Australia, which are sole funded by Newcrest.
- Pogo pushes Northern Star to record gold sales
Northern Star Resources is confident the integration of the Pogo mine in the United States into the company’s gold portfolio is on track.
- Silver Lake bolsters WA portfolio with EganStreet acquisition
Silver Lake Resources has acquired EganStreet Resources in a $52 million bid to capitalise on the Rothsay gold project in Western Australia.
- Aspen Tech continues expansion through Mnubo acquisition
Aspen Technology has acquired Mnubo, a Montreal provider of purpose-built artificial intelligence and analytics infrastructure for the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Total lubricants helps underground miner improve safety
Following a hydraulic oil fire at an underground mine in the Asia region, an underground miner selected a fire resistant hydraulic oil over a mineral hydraulic oil.
- Anglo American pioneers underground tech across QLD operations
Anglo American is making significant strides toward digitalisation with the launch of an electronic tablet device at its Moranbah North operation in Queensland.