- Curtin University
- Donald Trump
- Ian Macfarlane
- iron ore
- Lithium Australia
- mining technology
- New Century Resources
- Northern Star Resources
- Port Hedland
- Queensland Resources Council
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- Top News
- Weir Minerals
- Western Areas
- women in mining
- Westgold to slowly resume Big Bell operations
Westgold Resources intends to return to regular mining activities at its Big Bell underground gold mine in Western Australia following an accident earlier this week.
- Whitehaven bolsters Winchester South ambitions
Whitehaven Coal is anticipating a 50 per cent boost in production and processing capacity from the $980 million Winchester South coal project in Queensland.
- Follow the leaders: This week’s executive appointments
Keep up with the latest executive movements across the mining sector, including at Anglo American, AngloGold Ashanti, Greatland Gold and more.
- Civmec to employ 350 people for BMA port contract
Civmec has secured a port infrastructure contract at BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA)’s Hay Point Coal Terminal in Central Queensland.
- Rio Tinto partners with Asia to decarbonise steelmaking
Rio Tinto has doubled down on its strategy to reduce carbon emissions by collaborating with Nippon Steel Corporation and China Baowu Steel Group to produce and supply low-carbon steel.
- Newcrest blows Cadia into a renewable future
Newcrest Mining intends to run the Cadia gold mine in New South Wales with power sourced from the Rye Park wind farm north of Yass.
- Cat drives into new year with 7495 ERS
Caterpillar has built the 2021 Cat 7495 electric rope shovels (ERS), combining multiple upgrades to improve operating efficiency by 10 per cent.
- Big Bell operations suspended following accident
Westgold Resources has been left devastated by an accident at the company’s Big Bell gold mine in Western Australia.
- Yansteel cleared to acquire Thunderbird stake
Yansteel has received commonwealth approval for a $130 million acquisition of a half share in the Thunderbird mineral sands project in Western Australia from Sheffield Resources.
- Loram, GREX renamed as Loram Technologies
Global railway maintenance leader Loram Maintenance of Way is pleased to announce that its wholly-owned subsidiary Georgetown Rail Equipment Company (GREX) will start doing business as Loram Technologies.
- King of the Hills approval cements Red 5’s golden future
Red 5 has received final permit from the Western Australian Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) for its King of the Hills gold project in Western Australia.
- Australia-China trade tension escalates over coal ban
China’s Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin has underlined that the country’s actions regarding imported Australian products such as coal are in line with Chinese laws and regulations.
- SIMPEC secures inaugural First Quantum contract
First Quantum Minerals has awarded WestStar subsidiary SIMPEC with a $9 million contract at the Ravensthorpe nickel operations in Western Australia.
- Civmec strengthens Fortescue relationship at Iron Bridge
Civmec has secured new work at Fortescue Metals Group’s Iron Bridge magnetite project in Western Australia, having been awarded a contract for a major on-site project.
- Pilbara miner drives Austin truck body orders
Austin Engineering’s order book has moved by $35 million in revenue after it received orders for more than 100 products in the past few weeks.
- MACA to buy Downer WA mining business for $175m
MACA will proceed with an acquisition of Downer EDI’s surface contract mining business, Mining West, for $175 million, taking over $1.1 billion worth of contracts.
- Australian Government throws Portland smelter subsidy at Alcoa
Alcoa has received a lifeline from the Australian Government to keep its Portland aluminium smelter in Victoria open beyond mid-2021.
- Fortescue to ink hydrogen deal with Japan
Fortescue Metals Group is set to build a consortium with Kawasaki Heavy Industries and Iwatani Corporation to supply liquid hydrogen into Japan.
- Minbos’ dedication to African food supply continues to grow
Minbos Resources has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the International Fertiliser Development Centre (IDFC) to develop and grow the small holder farmer market in Angola, Africa.
- Wolff Mining drills record metres at BMA Saraji
National Group, via Wolff Mining has led BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) to achieve a record monthly drilled metres result of 43,794 for November at the BMA Saraji coal mine in Central Queensland.