- digital mining
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Evolution Mining
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road
- iron ore
- metallurgical coal
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- Rockwell Automation
- Sandfire Resources
- Surat Basin
- Surbiton Associates
- thermal coal
- Western Australia
- MICROMINE releases field logging program Geobank Mobile 2019
Mining software company Micromine has released the latest version of its field logging program, Geobank Mobile 2019, which inclkudes several upgrades and features.
- Female representation in STEM to be pushed in the next decade
Minister for Industry, Science and Technology Karen Andrews has launched the Women in STEM Decadal Plan, which has found under-representation and under-utilisation of women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) poses a threat to the Australian economy. Australia has not yet made systemic changes required to achieve diversity in STEM, according to the Australian … Continue reading Female representation in STEM to be pushed in the next decade
- Komatsu P&H surface drill makes for safer operation through automation
Komatsu has unveiled the first of a new line of surface mining dill rigs featuring autonomous capabilities for safer operation and greater productivity.
- SKF solution delivers benefits of condition monitoring to wider applications
With the ability to monitor everything from a single machine to an entire plant from a central location, the SKF Multilog IMx-16Plus integrates seamlessly with other devices (such as the IMx-8) to allow more extensive deployment.
- Fenner Dunlop receives conveyor contract at South Flank
BHP has awarded a $16 million overland conveyor belt contract to Fenner Dunlop at its South Flank project in Western Australia.
- Independence Group to unlock value of nickel sulphate from Nova
Independence Group (IGO) has advanced its pre-feasibility study on its downstream nickel-cobalt extraction process, which involves hydrometallurgy of nickel sulphide concentrate in lieu of conventional smelting and refining methods.
- Fortescue approves $3.7bn Iron Bridge stage two expansion
Fortescue Metals Group subsidiary FMG Magnetite and joint venture partner Formosa Steel have approved the development of the stage two Iron Bridge magnetite project in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Lucapa recovers fifth major diamond from Mothae
Lucapa Diamond Company has recovered a 55-carat diamond from its Mothae kimberlite plant in Lesotho, southern Africa.
- Lincom Group and McLanahan announce partnership
Original equipment manufacturers (OEM) Lincom Group and McLanahan Corporation have signed a contract that will see the former become the official Australian distributor of McLanahan’s sand and aggregates processing range.
- BHP takes production hit at Port Hedland due to cyclone
BHP expects to lose around six to eight million tonnes of production due to closures at Port Hedland in the wake of Tropical Cyclone Veronica.
- Liebherr enhances performance of ultra-class mining trucks
Liebherr has increased the payload capacity of its T 264 ultra-class mining trucks to 240 tonnes following the implementation of new upgrades.
- NRW commits to Gascoyne raising for Dalgaranga project
Gascoyne Resources has announced an equity raising worth $24.4 million in order to gain working capital and funds for its struggling Dalgaranga gold project in Murchison, Western Australia.
- Aus Tin to support construction of Tasmanian wind farm
Aus Tin Mining has signed an agreement with Lucas Total Contract Solutions to support a $280 million wind farm development near its Granville East open cut mine in Tasmania.
- Evolution inks gold-copper JV agreement at Murchison
Evolution Mining has entered into a joint venture (JV) agreement with Enterprise Metals over the latter’s large, early-stage Murchison exploration project in central Western Australia.
- Mining moguls make their mark in Australia’s wealthiest 250
Seventeen of Australia’s richest 250 built their wealth upon the mining sector, with Hancock Prospecting’s Gina Rinehart leading the cohort with $13.12 billion.
- Rio Tinto declares force majeure due to cyclone damage
Rio Tinto has announced disruptions to certain iron ore shipments from Western Australia following the impact of Cyclone Veronica.
- The top five mining stories last week
Australian Mining’s top five stories of the past week included plans to restart the Gregory Crinum coking coal mine, Wesfarmers’ bid for Lynas, the impact of cyclones on mining operations, and more.
- Mining upturn drives $278bn export forecast
Australia’s resource export values are expected to hit $278 billion in 2018–2019, a “sizeable upward revision” due to an improved outlook for iron ore, according to forecasts by chief economist Mark Cully.
- Conveyor maintenance revolution is live
Rema Edge, a new Internet of Things (IoT) solution from the Rema Tip Top Technologies group of products has been transmitting live conveyor performance data from a test-site at a Hunter Valley coal mine since Thursday March 21 2019.
- Australia to be critical minerals powerhouse
Australia has mapped out its 2019 critical minerals strategy which envisions the country as a world leader in exploration, extraction, production and the processing of critical minerals.