- Andrew Mackenzie
- AngloGold Ashanti
- gold mining
- Independence Group
- iron ore
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- Olympic Dam
- Queensland Resources Council
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Western Australian Government delivers battery industry strategy
The McGowan Government has launched the Western Australian Future Battery Industry Strategy, designed to aid the state’s growth as a battery minerals exporter.
- Mining top industry for job ad growth in 2018
Mining, resources and energy has been cited in Seek’s latest employment report as the “star performer” for new job ad growth in 2018, with listings up 32 per cent on the previous year.
- Labor plans to stop Wallarah 2 coal project despite federal approval
Wyong Coal’s long-gestating Wallarah 2 coal project in New South Wales may have secured a federal government approval, but the project could still be nixed if Labor wins the next state election.
- Newmont awards Tanami contract to WorleyParsons
WorleyParsons has won a contract from Newmont Mining for engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) services at the Tanami gold mine in the Northern Territory.
- QLD explorers hunt for next major discovery
The Queensland Government has unlocked more land for exploration companies to identify the next generation of resources projects.
- Independence Group achieves production records at WA operations
Independence Group is on track to reach its guidance after delivering record results from the Nova and Tropicana mines in Western Australia.
- BHP and Rio Tinto support Uluru Statement from the Heart
Major miners BHP and Rio Tinto have endorsed the Uluru Statement from the Heart, and its objectives to enshrine a First Nations Voice in the Australian Constitution and to establish a Makarrata Commission.
- NRW Holdings to buy RCR Mining
NRW Holdings will purchase RCR Tomlinson’s mining and heat treatment divisions in the next two weeks for $10 million.
- Northparkes Mines’ $220m expansion to create up to 180 jobs
Northparkes Mines has announced the final approval of a new block cave mine for its successful copper operation in the Parkes region of Central West New South Wales.
- Flinders Mines postpones delisting due to shareholder backlash
Flinders Mines has postponed its delisting from the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) to deal with applications made to the Takeovers Panel by shareholders who disagree with the company’s plans.
- Fortescue prices climb as West Pilbara Fines delight China
Fortescue Metals Group is making a strong first impression with its higher grade product in China as prices for iron ore have increased for the miner.
- Australian Bauxite ramps up operations at Tasmanian mine
Australian Bauxite has launched mining and screening at the Bald Hill mine in northern Tasmania to prepare for its next cargo of seaborne cement-grade product.
- Iron ore prices rise on Brazil dam disaster concerns
Iron ore prices have been bolstered by the threat of supply disruptions caused by last week’s tailings dam disaster in Brazil.
- MACA to extend Emerald relationship with $303m contract
MACA has secured a $US220 million ($303 million) agreement with Renaissance Minerals to supply equipment and mining services at the Okvau gold project in Cambodia.
- Adani receives nearly 14,500 applications for Carmichael jobs
Adani has revealed that 14,498 job applications were received for the Carmichael coal mine and rail project in Queensland by the end of December.
- Sandfire stays on course as Monty ramps up
Sandfire Resources has maintained production guidance for the 2019 financial year following strong output in the December quarter and ramp up s at the Monty copper-gold mine.
- Cadia production record boosts Newcrest output
Newcrest Mining has increased production at each of its four gold mines in the December quarter.
- Syrah overcomes Balama fire to keep production on track
Syrah Resources has posted strong results in the December 2018 quarter in spite of production issues caused by a fire at the Balama graphite mine in Mozambique last October.
- OZ Minerals strikes greenfields discovery deal with Red Metal
OZ Minerals and Red Metal have formed a joint venture agreement aimed at fast tracking the search for greenfields discoveries at projects in Western Australia and Queensland.
- Rema Tip Top pioneers training approach
The Rema Tip Top Academy in Perth was borne from an industry-wide demand for skilled labour, producing specialised tradespeople aligned to national certification standards and demonstrating best practice techniques, skills and safety knowledge.