- Andrew Forrest
- Christmas Creek
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Fraser Range
- Gina Rinehart
- Gold Fields
- iron bridge magnetite project
- iron ore
- Minerals Council of Australia
- mount thorley warkworth
- New Century Resources
- New Hope Group
- Peabody Energy
- Port Hedland
- Prospect Awards
- SEW Eurodrive
- Stanmore Coal
- talga resources
- thermal coal
- Monadelphous to continue capitalising on iron ore opportunities
Monadelphous managing director Rob Velletri is confident on the prospects of the Australian iron ore sector despite uncertainties surrounding the global economy.
- New Hope to slash workforce amid stalled New Acland approval
New Hope Group has recommended its corporate workers take voluntary redundancies due to ongoing approval delays for the expansion of the New Acland coal mine in Queensland.
- Alcoa boosts alumina shipments following record bauxite production
Alcoa Corporation president and chief executive Roy Harvey has praised the company’s productivity, with record bauxite output driving stability across the company.
- Rio Tinto hits iron ore shipping milestone
Rio Tinto has shipped its 200 millionth tonne of iron ore from Cape Lambert in Western Australia to China as part of the Bao-HI Ranges joint venture with China Baowu Steel Group.
- Lucapa mulls Mothae diamond mine expansion
Lucapa Diamond Company has expanded its plans for the Mothae kimberlite mine in Lesotho, southern Africa, following a 280 per cent resource increase.
- Five things everyone was talking about at Diggers and Dealers 2020
De Grey Mining managing director Glenn Jardine has weighed in on the hottest topics in Australian mining at the Diggers and Dealers mining forum in Kalgoorlie, including the Western Australian border closure, Australia’s relationship with China and more
- BulkExpert order brings digital efficiency to Brazil’s iron ore export terminals
FLSmidth has received an order for its BulkExpert digital solution from a customer in Brazil. The solution will fully automate the stockyard operation of two large iron ore shipping export terminals in the south of the country.
- Whitehaven to delay investment decisions amid coal slump
Subdued coal markets have forced Whitehaven Coal to be cautious in allocating its capital to expansion, the company stated in its September quarterly report.
- Follow the leaders: This week’s executive movements
Keep up with the latest executive movements across the mining sector, including at Australian Vanadium, Swick Mining Services, Azure Minerals and more.
- Aurizon forecasts China blow to Australian coal exports
Aurizon managing director and chief executive officer Andrew Harding has anticipated that China’s decline in coal import volume will continue.
- Red 5 locks in Great Western production restart with mining contract
Red 5 has scheduled open pit production to start at the Great Western gold deposit in Western Australia in January next year after purchasing the site in April.
- New consortium to improve future processing efficiencies
Mining companies such as Newmont, Glencore and Eriez Flotation are set to form a consortium to improve the energy efficiency of mineral processing operations.
- BHP to strengthen protection of heritage rights
BHP and the First Nations Heritage Protection Alliance have agreed to enhance the voices of First Nations peoples in reforming industry heritage protection and legislations.
- Kirkland Lake on track for golden 2020 results
Kirkland Lake Gold has reached new levels of production at its operations, positioning the company to achieve its full year 2020 guidance.
- Fortescue chief executive talks mine of the future
Fortescue Metals Group chief executive Elizabeth Gaines has told Diggers and Dealers audiences that the company has trained 3000 workers in autonomy as it introduced autonomous haulage across its entire Australian operations.
- Civmec secures Fortescue, BMA contracts
Civmec has won contracts with Fortescue Metals Group for the Iron Bridge magnetite project in Western Australia, and BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) at the Hay Point loading point in Central Queensland.
- BHP Nickel West ponders Tesla partnership
BHP is positioning its Nickel West operations, including this year’s Honeymoon Well acquisition, to benefit from the evolving electric vehicle and battery storage revolution.
- BMA extends Thiess Caval Ridge contract
Thiess will continue to provide mining services at BHP Mitsubishi Alliance’s (BMA) Caval Ridge coal operation in Queensland following a $110 million extension.
- Australian gold miners still hungry for acquisitions in North America
Australian mid-tier gold miners looking to North America for growth view their flurry of recent acquisitions as a “beachhead” to expand further.
- AngloGold mum on Tropicana interest but bullish on Australian expansion
South African gold giant AngloGold Ashanti is unlikely to add its share of the Tropicana gold mine in Western Australia’s Goldfields to the sale block as its joint venture partner IGO eyes a potential $1 billion pay day from its minority stake.