- Aeris Resources
- Altura Mining
- Anthony Lynham
- Clive Palmer
- critical minerals
- electric vehicle
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Encounter Resources
- Evolution Mining
- Fraser Range
- Hastings Deering
- iron ore
- joint venture
- kalium lakes
- Lucas Dow
- Macmahon Holdings
- mark mcgowan
- Northern Minerals
- Panoramic Resources
- Queensland Government
- Queensland Nickel
- rare earth
- Sulphate of potash
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven clears Vickery expansion hurdle
The New South Wales Government has given Whitehaven Coal the all-clear to extend the Vickery coal mine in New South Wales.
- Westgold inks water agreement with Australian Vanadium
Australian Vanadium has signed an agreement with Westgold Resources for water access assistance at its Western Australian vanadium project.
- CopperString 2.0 powers Queensland’s future mining jobs
The Queensland Government is fast tracking the CopperString 2.0 high voltage transmission line to provide cheaper power and turbo-charge investment across the North West Minerals Province.
- Micromine introduces a new suite of chart-stoppers
A picture paints a thousand words and new charting technology available in the latest release of MICROMINE’s award-winning software suite, takes visual data display to the next level.
- Rio Tinto to relax COVID-19 restrictions in WA
Rio Tinto is set de-escalate its coronavirus controls in Western Australia as the state enters its second phase of easing COVID-19 restrictions.
- Tianqi Group to offload stakes in lithium subsidiary
Tianqi Lithium has suffered another blow from the softening lithium market after its parent company, Chengdu Tianqi Industry Group, put part of the the company on sale.
- Alkane committed to demerger of Australian Strategic Materials
Alkane Resources has pledged to progress with its plan to separate from Australian Strategic Materials, the owner of the $1.3 billion Dubbo project.
- Rio Tinto to advance drilling at Frisco earn-in project
Rio Tinto is ready to launch a diamond drilling program at Alderan Resources’ Frisco copper-gold-silver project in Utah, United States.
- Gold Industry Group presents job opportunities
The Gold Industry Group has launched a new online hub to act as a source of information on job and career pathway opportunities in the Australian gold industry.
- Newcrest fulfils Cadia water needs in land of drought
Newcrest Mining has secured adequate levels of water to continue producing without restraint at the Cadia operations in New South Wales.
- BHP halts Jimblebar operations to boost safety
BHP has briefly paused operations at the Jimblebar iron ore mine in Western Australia after a few weeks of low level safety accidents.
- Newmont considers drilling restart after coronavirus delays
Newmont Corporation has revised its 2020 outlook due to uncertainty associated with coronavirus, including changes to its development schedule and budget.
- Image hangs on to guidance despite slipping sales
Image Resources has noted softening demand for heavy mineral concentrate in May after completing its sale as planned a month prior.
- Mongolia to construct Rio Tinto’s Oyu Tolgoi power plant
The Mongolian Government has notified Rio Tinto that it will develop a state-owned coal-fired power plant to fuel the Oyu Tolgoi copper-gold mine.
- Australian Pacific Coal to modify Dartbrook restart proposal
Australian Pacific Coal’s appeal to extend the mothballed Dartbrook underground coal mine in New South Wales’ Hunter Valley remains in negotiation between the company and the Independent Planning Commission (IPC).
- QLD to launch resources community fund
The Queensland Government has reached an agreement with major resources companies in the state to create a $100 million Resources Community Infrastructure Fund (RCIF).
- AusIMM continues to deliver 2020 conferences
The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) is set to launch a series of digital conferences this year, including the uranium, lithium and Minesafe conferences.
- Metso, Outotec make headway in merger completion
Metso and Outotec have announced a board of directors ahead of the two companies’ combined Metso Outotec organisation.
- Agrimin achieves major status for Mackay potash project
The Australian government has granted a major project status to Agrimin’s Mackay potash project in Western Australia, highlighting its significance to the economy.
- Terracom makes Universal Coal acquisition compulsory
TerraCom has tightened its hold on Universal Coal as it moves to acquire all of the shares it does not already own in the company.