- battery metals
- coking coal
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Independence Group
- iron ore
- Mineral Resources
- mining jobs
- oil and gas
- Olympic Dam
- Port Hedland
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Rio Tinto recreates life on coral reef in Western Australia
Rio Tinto’s commitment to environmental sustainability has proven what has never been done before: vibrancy of life can be orchestrated on human-made reef.
- Rio Tinto CEO targets a reinvention of mining
Rio Tinto chief executive officer Jean-Sebastien Jacques wants mining to reinvent itself and pioneer the industry into the 21st century
- Fortescue well-placed for Chinese demand with new iron ore fines
Fortescue Metals Group is preparing to meet changing Chinese demand for iron ore with its new West Pilbara Fines product.
- AVZ adds size to world’s biggest lithium-rich deposit
AVZ Minerals has reported an increase in the size of the world’s largest hard rock spodumene deposit at its 60 per cent-owned Manono project in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Kirkland Lake unearths a golden era at Fosterville
Kirkland Lake Gold is confident the best is yet to come from its Fosterville mine near Bendigo.
- Skills shortage drives up wages
In the midst of mining skills shortage, the rate of employees who received a pay rise in the last year has jumped, Mining People International has revealed.
- Rio Tinto ships first bauxite from Amrun
Rio Tinto has made its first shipment of bauxite from the Amrun project in Queensland six weeks ahead of schedule.
- Mining brings economic growth to regional WA, QLD
Mining was a key contributor to Perth’s improving gross domestic product (GDP) in 2017–18, but the city requires “alternate sources of economic growth”, according to a new report by SGS Economics and Planning.
- Watpac nears deal for mining and civil business
Watpac today revealed that it is undertaking due diligence with a potential buyer of the mining and civil part of the company.
- Kirkland Lake to surpass gold production target as Fosterville output surges
The Fosterville gold mine in Victoria continues to be a star performer of Kirkland Lake Gold, which is set to achieve another production record this quarter and exceed its 2018 target output.
- Clive Palmer questions WA Government over CITIC dispute
A disagreement has emerged between the Western Australian Government and Clive Palmer over the dispute between the mining magnate’s company, Mineralogy, and China’s CITIC Pacific.
- BHP Nickel West extends contract with Alliance
Brisbane-based Alliance Aviation Services has extended an air charter contract with BHP Nickel West by five years.
- Independence Group to accelerate Buxton nickel prospect with investment
Independence Group (IGO) has partnered with Buxton Resources to advance its Double Magic-Merlin nickel-copper project in the West Kimberley region, Western Australia.
- Adani’s new plan for Carmichael pleases some, surprises others
Adani Group’s move to self-fund development of the Carmichael mine and rail in Queensland is set to deliver on the company’s promise to create jobs and business opportunities in the state.
- BHP awards Decmil contract extension at Mulla Mulla
Decmil Australia has won a contract extension to help bolster operations at BHP’s $US3.4 billion ($4.6 billion) South Flank project and Mining Area C in the Pilbara.
- Adani declares Carmichael project 100% financed
India’s Adani Group plans to fund the entire Carmichael coal mine and rail project in the Galilee Basin in Queensland itself, Adani Mining chief executive officer Lucas Dow has revealed.
- Iluka strike action continues at Sierra Rutile
Iluka Resources has faced further strike action by its workforce at the Sierra Rutile operations, drawing the intervention of the President of Sierra Leone.
- Orocobre, Toyota approve $400m Olaroz lithium expansion
Brisbane-based Orocobre and junior joint venture partner Toyota Tsusho have agreed to a $US295 million ($404 million) Stage 2 expansion of the Salar de Olaroz lithium brine project in Argentina.
- Caterpillar lowers costs with D11 dozer
Caterpillar has released a new Cat D11 dozer that features its latest load-sensing hydraulics and high-horsepower reverse.
- Eastern Goldfields signals voluntary administration
Eastern Goldfields has announced that it may go into voluntary administration following the collapse of a $75 million recapitalisation.