- Altura Mining
- Anglo American
- Ashton Coal
- base metals
- Bowen Basin
- Eastern Goldfields
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hunter Valley
- Independence Group
- iron ore
- metallurgical coal
- Newcrest Mining
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- Papua New Guinea
- Rio Tinto
- St Barbara
- Tawana Resources
- Western Australia
- Rio’s Amrun project delivers $2bn boost to Aussie business
Rio Tinto has committed around $2 billion to the more than 1000 Australian businesses it has engaged during development of the Amrun bauxite project in Far North Queensland.
- Ausdrill earnings up 70%, retiring MD puts $100m share up for sale
Ausdrill has recorded excellent results for its first half-year report in 2018, posting post-tax profit increase of 163.5 per cent to $35.3 million for the period ending December 31 last year.
- Fortescue’s latest ore carrier arrives in Port Hedland
Fortescue Metals Group has welcomed the newest addition to its iron ore carrier fleet — FMG David.
- Rio secures $US345m deal for aluminium assets
Rio Tinto has a received a $345 million ($439.2 million) offer from Hydro for its ISAL aluminium smelter in Iceland, its 53.3 per cent share in the Aluchemie anode plant in the Netherlands and its 50 per cent share in the Aluminium fluoride plant in Sweden.
- When every centimetre counts
For many tourists, Schlegeis reservoir is an idyllic recreation area in the mountains of Austria. For Michael Sporer and his colleagues, the lake is an important part of its clean, safe and affordable power supply.
- Minimising hazards and improving employee safety in the workplace
Working with electric cables or dangerous areas presents the potential risk of fires, explosion or electrocution as well as the simple issue of tripping over.
- AVZ raises $15 million for phase two drilling at Manono lithium site
AVZ Minerals has announced $15 million of capital raising for funding of 20,000m of phase two drilling and pre-feasibility programs at the Manono lithium project in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), in which the company holds a 60 per cent interest.
- Nyrstar commits to long-term offtake agreement at Century mine
New Century Resources has executed a 5.5-year offtake agreement with Nyrstar, covering 600,000t of zinc concentrate produced from the Century zinc mine in Queensland.
- Gold Road signs financing deal for transition to producer
Gold Road Resources has been granted a $100 million revolving corporate facility and $50 million dedicated working capital facility from a financing syndicate.
- Newcrest buys $US250m chunk of Lundin Gold
Australian gold company Newcrest Mining is investing $US250 million ($318.9 million)in Toronto-listed Lundin Gold, which is developing the Fruta del Norte mine in Ecuador, South America.
- PNG earthquake forces closure of resources operations
ExxonMobil and Oil Search have shut down their liquefied natural gas (LNG) operations and facilities in Papua New Guinea after an earthquake hit the country’s Highlands this morning.
- Artemis granted approvals for massive gold bulk sample processing
Artemis Resources has been granted approvals for processing of a 4500 tonne bulk sample from its Radio Hill plant south of Karratha, Western Australia.
- Olympic gold medallist to join Fortescue
Lord Sebastian Coe, winner of two Olympic Games gold medals, will re-join Fortescue Metals Group as a non-executive director.
- OceanaGold posts record $172m profit as production spikes
OceanaGold Corporation has posted record net profits for its full-year statement ending December 2017.
- Anglo American addresses Banana Shire community over Moura road blast damage
Anglo American has responded to community concerns regarding the closure of Gibihi Road in Queensland, which was damaged by a scheduled blast at the nearby Dawson mine on November 9, 2017.
- Doray Minerals completes $25m placement for exploration and mine development
Doray Minerals, which runs the Deflector gold-copper mine and Andy Well gold mine in Western Australia, has announced the successful completion of a $25 million, two-tranche placement.
- Macmahon returns to profitability due to success of new projects
Contractor Macmahon has released its first half report for 2018, posting $270m in revenue ending December 2017, up $168.3m from the previous period.
- Australia falls in Fraser Institute mining investment rankings
Australia has dropped behind Canada as the most attractive region for mining investment in the annual Fraser Institute survey of mining companies.
- Anglo continues met coal revival, studies growth options
Anglo American’s Metallurgical Coal business has continued its operational turnaround, guided by record production at three underground mines in Queensland.
- OZ Minerals well-positioned for growth in 2018 with strong ops focus
South Australian copper miner OZ Minerals has released its full-year (FY) report for 2017 with positive results all round, buoyed by a strong operational focus that chief executive officer Andrew Cole expects will continue into 2018.