- Barrick Gold
- coal mining
- Dacian Gold
- Independence Group
- joint venture
- mineral sands
- Minerals Council of Australia
- mt morgans
- NSW Minerals Council
- Olympic Dam
- Paladin Energy
- Papua New Guinea
- Peabody Energy
- Queensland Resources Council
- rare earths
- Rio Tinto
- South Africa
- thermal coal
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Woodside cuts production outlook on Pluto problems
Woodside Energy has extended the gas turnaround at its Pluto LNG facility in Western Australia, with restart of production now targeted for the end of June.
- Metro resumes Bauxite Hills operations following production delays
Metro Mining has recommenced operations at its Bauxite Hills mine, having completed activities relating to expanding production in 2019.
- Queensland seeks royalty tax hike on gas
The Queensland Government has increased the rate of royalty taxes on petroleum by 25 per cent as part of its 2019 state budget.
- Bis-designed Rexx goes the distance at Granny Smith
A “game changing” haul truck designed and built by Bis has conquered another trial at Gold Fields’ Granny Smith mine in Western Australia.
- Mining companies held accountable for tailings facilities
The mining industry has responded to demand by investors to increase the disclosure of information regarding tailings storage facilities (TSFs).
- BHP ramps up exploration technology with Southern Innovation
BHP has signed Melbourne-based technology company Southern Innovation to assist the mining giant in mineral exploration and extraction.
- Sheffield moves to produce more zircon from Thunderbird
Sheffield Resources is taking steps to increase zircon production at the Thunderbird mineral sands project in Western Australia by launching an updated bankable feasibility study (BFS).
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most read articles on the Australian Mining website over the past week, including the historic rise of gold prices.
- Fenix to begin drill program at iron ridge project
Fenix Resources is due to commence a combined infill and geotechnical diamond drill program at its iron ridge project in midwest Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto provides $1 million for Indigenous education in Pilbara
Rio Tinto has supported the Graham (Polly) Farmer Foundation (GPFF) and Western Australia’s minister for education and training in opening the Karratha science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) centre for Indigenous students in the Pilbara.
- TNG secures $10m push for Mount Peake
TNG is continuing to attract interest in its diversified Mount Peake project in the Northern Territory after announcing it will receive a $10 million placement from German investors.
- Future of mining – digital transformation as a journey
To stay competitive, mines need to evolve their business and operation models to create a digitally enabled environment that is safe, efficient and sustainable.
- Resources sector drives Queensland exports to new record
Queensland has produced another export record in the 12 months ending in April, with resource exports delivering more than $65 billion of the $85.2 billion.
- BHP unveils ‘tailings taskforce’ following Brazil incidents
BHP has established a new ‘tailings taskforce’ as part of its increased focus on the risk management of tailings in the wake of the Brumadinho disaster.
- Zenith offloads iron project to focus on lithium
Zenith Minerals has sold its Mt Alexander magnetite iron project in Western Australia to Mount Alexander Iron Ore (MAIO) for $2.75 million.
- Alkane grows Tomingley gold project with underground development
Alkane Resources confirmed today that development of the Tomingley gold project’s underground expansion at the Wyoming One deposit is on budget and ahead of schedule.
- Santos discovery at Dorado ‘larger than anticipated’
Santos has revealed the Dorado-2 appraisal well has confirmed a major oil and gas resource in the Bedout Basin, offshore Western Australia.
- Northern Minerals set for more Browns Range funding
Northern Minerals is continuing its streak of capital raisings, this time seeking $22 million to help repay debts and further advance the Browns Range heavy rare earths pilot project in Western Australia.
- 2019 Women in Industry Awards winners revealed
The 2019 Women in Industry Awards took place in Melbourne last night, celebrating the brilliant, hard-working women helping advance Australian industry.
- Global iron ore production forecast to plummet
Seaborne iron ore is expected to fall into a larger deficit this year as a result of disruptions at Vale SA’s operations, according to S&P Global.