- Anglo American
- Gold Fields
- Horizon Minerals
- iron ore
- Keith Pitt
- Mineral Resources
- mining equipment
- Mount Isa
- Mt Cattlin
- OZ Minerals
- Peabody Energy
- Port Hedland
- quarterly report
- Sheffield Resources
- Stanmore Coal
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- ABB, Hitachi to collaborate on electric mining technology
ABB and Hitachi Construction Machinery have agreed to work together to develop electric, automated and digital solutions to mining trucks and excavators.
- Resources and energy exports set records
Australia’s Resources and Energy quarterly report has predicted a record $296 billion in exports for the 2020-21 financial year as the likes of iron ore and gold overcome the impact of COVID-19.
- INX Software launches INX Assessor
INX Software, a globally trusted leader of environment, health and safety solutions, has launched the new generation INX Assessor application.
- Anglo American to fund WA copper-zinc project
Anglo American is set to receive a royalty on Anax Metals’ copper-zinc production at the Whim Creek project in Western Australia as the former provides funding for the development.
- NRW adds $120m to Baralaba contract
NRW has secured a $120 million contract extension from Baralaba Coal at the Baralaba North open cut mine in Queensland’s Bowen Basin region.
- BHP advances Nickel West agreement with SensOre
BHP will progress to phase three of its minerals targeting agreement with SensOre after receiving encouraging outcomes from a discovery exercise.
- Calidus gains ground at Warrawoona with $75.5m contract
Calidus Resources has completed all early works at the Warrawoona gold project in Western Australia as the company enlists GR Engineering to construct the site’s process plant.
- BHP invests $30m in govt STEM course
The Australian Government has now opened applications for its Future of Work Partnership with BHP to encourage mining skills development in regional areas.
- Ok Tedi deploys mass COVID-19 testing
Ok Tedi Mining has commissioned a mass COVID-19 testing program for its employees after announcing a two-week suspension of the Papua New Guinean operation.
- NSW coal rail network resumes following flooding
The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) has restarted its coal services on the Hunter Valley Network in New South Wales after the state bore the brunt of severe flooding.
- Liebherr legacy lives on with R 9600 excavator
The original equipment manufacturer’s latest ultra-class excavator is set to transition its range towards a new generation of machine that will support the evolution of the mining industry. Ben Creagh writes.
- Mincor strides towards Kambalda nickel production
Mincor Resources continues to progress the development of its Western Australian nickel projects after executing a $55 million loan facility to fully fund operations.
- MACA adds $200m CITIC Pacific contract to books
MACA has secured a hire and maintenance contract with CITIC Pacific Mining Management (CPM) at the Cape Preston Sino iron operation in Western Australia.
- Australian mining employment declines: ABS
The number of mining employees in Australia has dropped, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS)’s latest quarterly data on labour forces.
- John Holland positions final piece of Fortescue railway
John Holland has laid the final piece of a 143-kilometre heavy haul rail track for Fortescue Metals Group’s Eliwana mine and rail project in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto employs solar technology to reduce emissions
Rio Tinto is exploring the use of solar technology to cut its global carbon emissions by partnering with renewable energy technology company, Heliogen.
- Cat drives productivity with updated 992 wheel loader
Cat has released its new 992 wheel loader, offering significant jumps in productivity and efficiency for mining applications.
- Horizon relinquishes Menzies, Goongarrie projects
Horizon Minerals has received the last of the $8 million and shares in Kingwest Resources for the sale of the Menzies and Goongarrie gold projects in Western Australia.
- Follow the leaders: This week’s executive appointments
Keep up with the latest executive movements across the mining sector, including Gold Industry Group, Peabody, Laneway and more.
- Liebherr advances autonomy with R 9600 hydraulic excavator
Liebherr has launched its R 9600 hydraulic mining excavator, which enables automated capabilities for the mining industry.