- BHP Mitsubishi Alliance
- diamond mine
- gold mining
- Image Resources
- Northern Minerals
- Northern Star
- Pilbara Minerals
- Queensland Resources Council
- red tape
- Rema Tip Top
- Resolute Mining
- spodumene concentrate
- St Barbara
- Super Pit
- supply chain
- Top News
- Western Australia
- BHP rejects McKell claims regarding OS employee arrangements
BHP has refuted a McKell Institute report which declared employees working for the company’s Operations Services (OS) subsidiary were on labour hire arrangements.
- Kirkland Lake to scale down NT operations
Kirkland Lake Gold is set to suspend test mining and processing at the Cosmo mine and Union Reefs processing plant in the North Territory by the end of the month.
- Barrick to pursue $2bn Pueblo Viejo mine expansion
Barrick Gold plans to extend the life of the Pueblo Viejo gold mine in the Dominican Republic beyond 2040.
- Newmont awards tech contract to K2fly
Newmont has signed a contract worth almost $1 million with K2fly for a resource governance solution in gold mine operations.
- BHP to fork out $125m after High Court defeat
The High Court of Australia has ruled that BHP would be taxed in Australia for the income earned in its Singapore marketing hub.
- Track’em launches materials tracking platform
Track’em has released the latest version of their cloud-based materials tracking platform, which provides customers with a comprehensive environment to manage materials and their logistics across the supply chain.
- BHP remains world’s most valuable brand despite turbulence
BHP has retained its position as the world’s most valuable mining, iron and steel brand, according to the latest report by Brand Finance.
- Aurelia upgrades Peak process plant
Aurelia Metals has commissioned a $53 million upgrade of the ore processing circuit at the Peak mine in Cobar, New South Wales.
- FYI Resources seeks $80m for HPA project
FYI Resources has arranged an $80 million equity financing to progress its high purity alumina (HPA) production facility in Western Australia.
- Epiroc accelerates drilling with latest rig
Epiroc has unveiled its DM30 II SP blasthole drill, offering increased productivity and efficiency.
- Newcrest revises 2020 gold output forecast
Newcrest has updated its gold production guidance for the 2020 financial year following a disappointing performance at the Lihir mine in Papua New Guinea and the Telfer mine in Western Australia.
- Perth Mint metal holdings value exceeds $5bn
The Perth Mint’s gold, silver and platinum holdings value has topped $5 billion for the first time, triggered by a global upheaval due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Arafura’s Nolans project life jumps by a decade
Arafura Resources’ Nolans neodymium-praseodymium project has increased its expected production life to 33 years.
- Alkane encounters NSW high grade gold intercepts
Alkane Resources has delivered high grade gold results for the Roswell prospect in East Lachlan, New South Wales, with its resource definition drilling program nearing completion.
- Gold prices shoot up amid market shock
The Australian dollar gold price has reached a seven-year high in the wake of a crash in crude oil prices.
- RPMGlobal helps miners unlock further value with TALPAC-3D
RPMGlobal has launched the Truck and Loader Productivity and Cost calculator, or TALPAC-3D truck haulage simulation software, to offer increased functionality and sophistication.
- Research to revolutionise lithium extraction technique
An international research team has pioneered a filtration technique that could substantially change the way lithium-from-brine is extracted.
- Monadelphous to investigate Kalgoorlie incident
Monadelphous Group has reported a serious incident involving one employee at its workshop services facility in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia.
- WesTrac cuts equipment costs with used parts business
Caterpillar dealer WesTrac has introduced a new way to sell used, refurbished and as-new parts through its Flexiparts & Mining Services. The company hopes the new business will provide more affordable parts and machinery to the mining sector. FlexiParts will become a separate entity from WesTrac to focus on sourcing and selling parts, components and … Continue reading WesTrac cuts equipment costs with used parts business
- Barminco breaks into Canada with Barrick agreement
Barminco is set to provide Barrick with underground mining services at the Hemlo gold mine in the Marathon mining district of Ontario, Canada.