- Anglo American
- BHP Mitsubishi Alliance
- Bowen Basin
- Cadia mine
- Dyno Nobel
- Hastings Deering
- iron ore
- Mineral Resources
- mine safety
- Newcrest Mining
- Rema Tip Top
- Rio Tinto
- Roy Hill
- Sandfire Resources
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- south flank
- Super Pit
- Top News
- IGO exceeds Nova, Tropicana guidances
IGO has finished the first half of the 2020 financial year strongly, exceeding production guidance at its Western Australian nickel and gold mines during the December 2019 quarter.
- New Century achieves record zinc production
New Century Resources has set a new standard at the Century zinc mine in Queensland, achieving record quarterly production at the end of last year.
- South Australia to release mineral exploration areas
The South Australian Government is set to open 21 mineral exploration release areas across 7421 square kilometres for competitive applications.
- Glencore modifies IsaMill to cut costs
Glencore Technology has made two significant changes to the IsaMill grinding mill, cutting civil infrastructure costs by up to 28 per cent.
- Barminco secures Savannah contract with Panoramic
Panoramic Resources has selected Barminco as its preferred contractor for the Savannah project in the Kimberley region, Western Australia.
- Queensland tightens explosives law
Queensland is set to introduce stronger security laws for explosives, including the requirement for all licence and authorisation holders to hold a new security clearance.
- Fortescue registers record iron ore shipments
Fortescue Metals Group is set to invest $US450 million ($666 million) into the next stage of its Pilbara energy connect program.
- Alcoa secures sustainability certification
Alcoa has received Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI) certification for its Western Australian operations.
- Newcrest achieves ‘stand-out performance’ at Cadia
Newcrest Mining’s Cadia mine has overcome drought and bushfires across New South Wales to achieve its second highest gold production to date, with 240,000 ounces.
- Lucapa signs Lulo cutting and polishing agreement
Lucapa Diamond Company has partnered with Mauritius-based diamond manufacturer Safdico International for the cutting and polishing of diamonds from the Lulo mine in Angola, central Africa.
- Rio Tinto commits $14m to Citadel JV
Rio Tinto has moved ahead with the next $14 million stage of the Citadel joint venture project in the Paterson Province, Western Australia with Antipa Minerals.
- SRG Global wins $90m Alcoa contract
Alcoa of Australia has awarded SRG Global with a $90 million multi-disciplinary asset services contract, after giving the latter a preferred tenderer status in December last year.
- Emeco finds takeover target in Pit N Portal
Emeco plans to acquire hard rock underground mining services company Pit N Portal in a deal worth $72 million.
- Northern Star delivers ‘remarkable’ quarter
Northern Star Resources has finished off the December quarter as a one million ounce per year gold producer with four Tier 1 assets.
- OZ Minerals to ramp up Carrapateena this year
OZ Minerals is set to enter a ramp up phase at the Carrapateena copper-gold mine in South Australia after delivering first saleable concentrate late last year.
- Western Areas overcomes bushfire threat with solid December quarter
Western Areas is tracking well towards its production guidance for the 2020 financial year, thanks to a consistent performance at the Forrestania nickel operations in Western Australia.
- PYBAR makes preparations for worker recovery
PYBAR Mining Services has sourced specialist equipment to recover a missing worker at the Diversified Minerals-operated Henty gold mine in Tasmania.
- On-site injury prevention: Beyond the treatment room
According to the latest update from SafeWork Australia, body stressing injuries topped the list as the most common injury resulting in a claim (36 per cent).
- Tribune Resources files dispute with Northern Star
Tribune Resources has commenced legal proceedings in the Supreme Court of Western Australia against the Northern Star Resources group of companies.
- Roy Hill contract worker involved in serious accident
An investigation has been launched into a tragic incident involving a contract worker at the Roy Hill iron ore mine in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.