- Anglo American
- Atlas Iron
- Evolution Mining
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gina Rinehart
- gold mining
- Hancock Prospecting
- Hastings Deering
- Illawarra Coal
- joint venture
- Lithium Australia
- New Century Resources
- Newcrest Mining
- Newmont Mining
- novo resources
- Pilbara Minerals
- Port Hedland
- Ramelius Resources
- Rio Tinto
- South Africa
- takeover bid
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Victorian Government releases five-year mineral resources strategy
The Victorian State Government has released its mineral resources strategy for 2018–2023, identifying key challenges and opportunities in the state’s mining sector.
- Sheffield Resources wins native title ruling over Thunderbird project in WA
Sheffield Resources has won the national native title tribunal (NNTT) ruling that enables it to secure a mining lease for its Thunderbird mineral sands project in the Kimberley region of Western Australia.
- Record profits at Orocobre signal lithium growth into 2019
Brisbane-based lithium explorer Orocobre has released strong financial results for the 2018 financial year (FY2018), posting records for both revenue and underlying net profit after tax.
- Millennium identifies ‘breakthrough’ gold target at Nullagine using new technology
Millennium Minerals has identified a major greenfields exploration target at the Golden Eagle deposit, the company’s largest gold deposit at the Nullagine project in the Pilbara region.
- Lucapa recovers 1100 diamonds from drill sample in WA
Lucapa Diamond Company and Leopold Damond Company have returned over 1,100 diamonds from the Brooking diamond project in West Kimberley, Western Australia.
- Regis Resources achieves record gold production and profit in 2018
Regis Resources has announced its results for the 2018 financial year (FY2018), posting new company records for gold production and net profit after tax.
- Roy Hill’s culture of collaboration
Collaboration is at the core of Roy Hill’s relationships with its contractors and suppliers. The success of the Roy Hill iron ore operation has relied on many factors, including relationships with mining services companies like Kal Tire.
- Cat dealer Hastings Deering talks the latest tech trends
Jason Smith, general manager for mining sales at Queensland-based Cat dealer Hastings Deering, discusses the latest equipment and technology trends with Australian Mining. The mining equipment sector experienced a lift in optimism in 2017 that has gathered momentum so far this year. Buoyed by the increasing health of coal and base metals prices, Queensland has … Continue reading Cat dealer Hastings Deering talks the latest tech trends
- Industry expert says leaders aren’t learning from lessons of boom and bust
Mining commentator Allan Trench has stated that corporate decision makers aren’t paying heed to the lessons of Australia’s boom and bust cycle.
- Stanmore Coal secures growth on back of Isaac Plains East
Stanmore Coal has achieved sales and revenue growth for FY2018 on the back of strong operational performance and improved coal sector prices.
- WA Government aims to reopen Ellendale diamond mine
The Western Australian Government is seeking expressions of interest to reopen and operate the Ellendale diamond mine in Western Australia.
- BMSA improves safety and extends tyre life with its OTR repair service
Bridgestone Mining Solutions Australia (BMSA) offers the only off-the-road (OTR) tyre repair service that is nationally accredited by the Australian Government.
- Mincor Resources extends nickel sulphide diamond drilling
Mincor Resources commenced its diamond drilling program to test for extensions to its Cassini nickel sulphide deposit at the region.
- First roll-on, roll-off vessel arrives at Port of Mackay in Queensland
The National Group recently welcomed the first roll-on, roll-off (RORO) vessel, VIking Destiny, at the Port of Mackay in Queensland.
- Mining sector welcomes new leadership in government
The mining sector has responded to the recent change in Australia’s leadership, which sees Scott Morrison’s appointment as Prime Minister.
- Komatsu updates low-emission engines for two trucks
Komatsu has added low-emission tier 4 engines that cut fuel consumption by up to 7 per cent compared with previous models to two of its trucks.
- Rock crusher measuring is made safer with VEGA’s VEGAPULS 69 sensor
VEGA’s non-contact, continuous level measurement system VEGAPULS 69 continues to prove its versatility in bulk solid measuring, being utilised for the purpose of rock crusher level control, a suitably high-risk operation.
- Anglo American takes up rental of 16 Komatsu 830E electric drive dump trucks
It didn’t take long for Anglo American to secure a long-term hire following NPE’s recent addition of 16 Komatsu 830E trucks into the Australian market.
- Talison Lithium awards contract for Greenbushes expansion
Talison Lithium has awarded a $23.5 million contract to Kerman Contracting to construct a new bulk storage facility at Port of Bunbury in Western Australia.
- Macmahon contract wins guide 2018 revival
Mining contractor Macmahon has almost doubled its revenue growth to $710 million for the 2018 financial year in a significant improvement on 2017 figures.