- Anglo American
- Curragh mine
- Curtin University
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Evolution Mining
- fenner dunlop
- Gascoyne Resources
- gold price
- Ian Macfarlane
- Minerals Council of Australia
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- Northern Star Resources
- Queensland Government
- Stanmore Coal
- Top News
- Whitehaven Coal
- Galaxy ramps up Mt Cattlin operations
Galaxy Resources has put its ore sorters into operation at the Mt Cattlin spodumene project in Western Australia.
- Battery Minerals buys out Victorian gold project
Battery Minerals has agreed to acquire the remaining 33 per cent of a prospective copper-gold project adjacent to the high-grade Stavely Minerals site in Victoria.
- AngloGold resigns K2fly for reserves reporting
AngloGold Ashanti has extended its contract for K2fly’s reporting software application for three additional years.
- Paladin completes Kayelekera uranium mine sale
Paladin Energy has completed the sale of its 85 per cent interest in the Kayelekera uranium mine in Malawi to Lotus Resources.
- SRG Global wins $70m contract with Saracen
Saracen Mineral Holdings has awarded SRG Global a drill and blast contract worth $70 million at the Thunderbox and Carosue Dam operations.
- Downer puts sale of mining business on hold
Downer EDI has folded the sale process of its mining business due to the “extraordinary market volatility” caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Andrew Forrest raises Fortescue stake during market crash
Andrew Forrest has continued his share market cash splash as the market took a nosedive this week.
- Record gold prices tumble as global economy takes hit
Australian gold prices have dropped by $35.50 an ounce as the worldwide economy is affected by the coronavirus.
- Ok Tedi hands $2.2m contract to Cosol
Ok Tedi Mining has awarded a work expansion contract valued at $2.2 million to Brisbane-based tech consultancy company, COSOL.
- Economic stimulus ‘good news’ for mining juniors
Leaders of the resources sector and the Federal Minister for Resources, Water and Northern Australia, Keith Pitt have convened in Canberra to come up with a plan against the impact of the coronavirus outbreak.
- MACA wins $366m contract with Emerald
MACA has secured a $US230 million ($366 million) agreement with Emerald Resources to provide earthmoving equipment and mining services at the Okvau gold project in Cambodia.
- Fortescue, REMA TIP TOP to provide Indigenous traineeships
Fortescue Metals Group has joined forces with contracting partner REMA TIP TOP to offer belt splicing traineeships for Aboriginal Australians.
- BHP rejects McKell claims regarding OS employee arrangements
BHP has refuted a McKell Institute report which declared employees working for the company’s Operations Services (OS) subsidiary were on labour hire arrangements.
- Kirkland Lake to scale down NT operations
Kirkland Lake Gold is set to suspend test mining and processing at the Cosmo mine and Union Reefs processing plant in the North Territory by the end of the month.
- Barrick to pursue $2bn Pueblo Viejo mine expansion
Barrick Gold plans to extend the life of the Pueblo Viejo gold mine in the Dominican Republic beyond 2040.
- Newmont awards tech contract to K2fly
Newmont has signed a contract worth almost $1 million with K2fly for a resource governance solution in gold mine operations.
- BHP to fork out $125m after High Court defeat
The High Court of Australia has ruled that BHP would be taxed in Australia for the income earned in its Singapore marketing hub.
- Track’em launches materials tracking platform
Track’em has released the latest version of their cloud-based materials tracking platform, which provides customers with a comprehensive environment to manage materials and their logistics across the supply chain.
- BHP remains world’s most valuable brand despite turbulence
BHP has retained its position as the world’s most valuable mining, iron and steel brand, according to the latest report by Brand Finance.
- Aurelia upgrades Peak process plant
Aurelia Metals has commissioned a $53 million upgrade of the ore processing circuit at the Peak mine in Cobar, New South Wales.