- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- coal mine
- Gina Rinehart
- Horizon Minerals
- iron ore
- Josh Frydenberg
- Keith Pitt
- Metals X
- Minerals Council Australia
- Paterson Province
- Rio Tinto
- Roy Hill
- Tania Constable
- Top News
- Venture Minerals
- Fire halts Sino Iron processing
CITIC Pacific Mining (CPM) has resumed production at the Sino Iron mine in Western Australia after a fire suspended activities at the Pilbara site yesterday.
- Brightstar to refurbish gold processing plant
Brightstar Resources plans to refurbish the processing plant at the Brightstar gold project in Western Australia for $5.5 million.
- Strandline locks and loads Coburn
Strandline Resources has started construction of the $338 million Coburn mineral sands project in Western Australia.
- NSW Govt calls on mineral explorers
The New South Wales Government has offered an additional $2.2 million in grants for the state’s mining industry to uncover new mineral deposits.
- Newcrest offloads QLD exploration licences
Strategic Energy Resources (SER) has acquired three exploration licences from Newcrest Mining at the Isa North copper-gold project in northwest Queensland.
- Northern Star grows Super Pit potential
Northern Star Resources has set up the future of the Super Pit gold mine in Western Australia with a major increase to the reserves at the historic site.
- Calidus on track for Warrawoona mine start
Calidus Resources has maintained plans to begin mining at the Warrawoona gold project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia in the middle of the year.
- Taruga discovers high-grade copper at Mt Craig
Taruga Minerals has found high-grade copper in its first five reverse circulation (RC) drillholes at the Mt Craig copper project in South Australia.
- Metro manages volatile freight costs
Metro Mining has flagged “historically high” freight costs for shipping its bauxite product, which the company anticipates will negatively impact prices.
- Rio Tinto introduces global standard for tailings
Rio Tinto has revised how it will manage tailings facilities to comply with the Global Industry Standard for Tailings Management (GISTM).
- Burgundy takes first steps in Ellendale development
Burgundy Diamond Mines has mapped out its development strategy for the recently acquired Ellendale diamond mine in Western Australia.
- Newmont hits higher grades at Boddington
Newmont has offset a production downturn with higher grade ore milled at four of its global assets, including the Boddington gold mine in Western Australia.
- Weir Minerals launches training program for rubber liners
Weir Minerals is collaborating with TAFE NSW to upskill its employees with targeted training in rubber lining.
- Copper climbs to decade high
Copper has reached $US10,008 ($12,868) per tonne on the London Metal Exchange as the red metal inches closer to its highest price since 2011.
- Four weeks to go to Austmine 2021: Full program available
There’s only four weeks to go until the Austmine 2021 Conference & Exhibition kicks off in Perth, Western Australia.
- OceanaGold persists through NZ, US troubles
OceanaGold is on track to deliver continuous production at the Martha underground mine in New Zealand later this year.
- New Century anticipates recovery after weather battles
New Century Resources has experienced a dip in zinc production at the Century mine in Queensland due to the impact of the wet season.
- Fortescue power iron ore mines with Pacific Energy
Fortescue Metals Group has contracted Pacific Energy to build Western Australia’s largest network integrated battery energy storage system (BESS).
- Australian Mines proceeds with offtake pursuit
Australian Mines has continued to seek offtake partners for the Sconi nickel-cobalt project in Queensland.
- Regis advances two million ounce gold mine
Regis Resources has set itself for a strong year of development, as both the McPhillamys and Garden Well gold projects continued towards becoming operational over the past quarter.