- BGC Contracting
- Chichester Hub
- Focus Minerals
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road
- Independence Group
- iron ore
- Newcrest Mining
- OZ Minerals
- Papua New Guinea
- renewable energy
- Rio Tinto
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- south flank
- St Barbara
- Top News
- MICROMINE gears up for growth with new chief executive
MICORMINE is set to move into its next growth phase with the appointment of chief executive officer Andrew Birch.
- AI for the assist
InEight explores why every project plan needs a boost from artificial intelligence (AI).
- Resolute may take production hit amid Syama processing issue
Resolute Mining has taken the roaster offline at its Syama gold mine in Mali, due to a crack being detected in the main external shell.
- Gruyere gold mine reaches commercial production
Gold Road Resources and Gold Fields have achieved commercial production at the Gruyere gold mine in Western Australia.
- MineWare and RPMGlobal collaboration shortlisted for innovation award
RPMGlobal and MineWare’s monitoring development collaboration has been shortlisted for Australian Mining’s 2019 Prospect Awards, in the Innovative Mining Solution category.
- Evolution partners with Great Southern on QLD projects
Great Southern Mining has partnered with Evolution Mining to start hyperspectral surveys across the Edinburgh Park and Johnnycake projects in Queensland.
- Minprovise completes jaw crusher replacement at Hope Downs
Minprovise have completed a C160 Jaw Crusher replacement at Pilbara mine site, Hope Downs 1. The Jaw Crusher is the Hope Downs site’s primary crusher and Minprovise were selected for this critical project due to their recent similar work in the field, professional efficacy & track record.
- Self-bunded Cat oil solution
In an initiative to find an environmentally responsible solution to bulk oil usage on sites, Storemasta and Hastings Deering have created a self-bunded onsite mobile solution that holds up to 8000 litres of oil. This product will be Hastings Deering’s first mobile lubrication storage and dispensing station available to customers.
- Dazzling quarter for Lucapa diamonds
Lucapa Diamond Company is celebrating a strong production quarter, with the Lulo alluvial mine and the Mothae kimberlite operation driving a group record. Angola-based Lulo produced 7603 carats, a 67 per cent increase from the September 2018 quarter and almost doubling its June result. It increased its production of diamonds larger than 4.8 carats by … Continue reading Dazzling quarter for Lucapa diamonds
- BHP changes business approach to drive social value
BHP chief external affairs officer Geoff Healy has reinforced the company’s role in transitioning from maintaining a social licence to creating social value.
- Kalium Lakes obtains Beyondie SOP construction approvals
Kalium Lakes has released its updated approvals, agreements and consents for the Beyondie sulphate of potash project (BSOPP).
- Bounty saga finalised with QCoal agreement
Bounty Mining has signed a $90 million refinancing facility agreement with QCoal Bounty Holdings.
- Fenner Dunlop opens idler manufacturing plant in Brisbane
Fenner Dunlop has taken a significant step forward by adding a new local idler manufacturing plant alongside its existing sales, engineering and warehouse operations in Brisbane.
- CAPE secures Rio Tinto contract in Pilbara
Rio Tinto has awarded mining and utilities services company CAPE a contract for the Robe Valley sustaining project in Western Australia.
- BDO backs electric machines to take over underground mining
BDO has revealed the major changes it predicts will shake up Australia’s mining sector by 2023, with electric equipment expected to make a significant impact.
- National Group stages a battle of the beasts
Have you ever seen a dump truck race a Supercar? If not, don’t fret, because for the first time in a show of partnership between National Group and the Mobil 1 MEGA Racing team, an event of this magnitude has become a reality.
- Fortescue in race for massive West African iron ore project
Fortescue Metals Group has submitted a bid to be the developer of Blocks 1 and 2 of the giant Simandou iron ore project in Guinea, West Africa.
- Century mine upgrade boosts production
New Century Resources has posted another quarter of record production at the Century restart operation in Queensland, delivering 26,171 tonnes of zinc metal.
- Kal Tire launches program to provide greener tyres
Kal Tire is helping its customers monitor their environmental impact with the launch of the Maple program.
- Resolute hits 100,000oz as Syama automation sets in
Resolute Mining has had a golden September quarter, pouring a total of 103,201 ounces of gold.