- Centennial Coal
- climate change
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road
- Iluka Resources
- iron ore
- Mineral Resources
- New South Wales
- NRW Holdings
- Queensland Government
- rare earths
- thermal coal
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- Capricorn makes move to develop Karlawinda
Capricorn Metals will raise $65 million to advance development of the Karlawinda gold project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Civmec contract with Fortescue to create 300 jobs
Fortescue Metals Group has awarded Civmec a contract for the delivery of the primary crushing and ore processing facility at its Eliwana iron ore project in the Pilbara.
- Barrick reveals Northern Star as Super Pit bidder
Barrick Gold has come clean about bidding for its stake in the Super Pit gold mine in Kalgoorlie-Boulder, revealing that Northern Star Resources is amongst the frontrunners.
- Monadelphous wins $60m Rio Tinto rail contract
Rio Tinto has awarded a $60 million contract to Monadelphous to provide maintenance services on its rail network in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Extracting more from drilling data to extract more from rocks
Know the rock with real-time orebody knowledge. DataCloud processes monitor while drilling faster and automate geo-modeling to improve mine operations.
- Chinese juggernaut seeks WA gold sector investment
Western Australia has welcomed the Golden Gateway joint venture (JV) between China’s leading gold producer and Perth-based PCF Capital Group.
- Rema Tip Top expands Australian operations
Rema Tip Top has purchased the remaining shares it did not already own of Convatech to complement its recent opening of a Brisbane Centre of Excellence.
- Enerflow’s new workshop delivers improved efficiency
When tonnes mined increase, so does the wear on the buckets, shovels and other mining attachments.
- Rio Tinto awards $60m Koodaideri contracts to Aboriginal businesses
Rio Tinto has awarded more than $60 million of contracts to Aboriginal businesses to develop the Koodaideri iron ore project in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- BMA launches skills partnership with TAFE, CQUniversity
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) has joined forces with TAFE Queensland and CQUniversity Australia to launch the Queensland Future Skills Partnership.
- Albemarle delays lithium plant expansion plans
Albemarle Corp has delayed construction of 125,000 tonnes of additional lithium conversion capacity due to a slump in prices.
- Northern Minerals replaces Browns Range offtake agreement
Northern Minerals has signed an offtake agreement with Thyssenkrupp Materials for 100 per cent of offtake from the Browns Range pilot plant project.
- Downer to propel mine digitalisation with MineWare
Downer has made the largest single purchase in MineWare’s history by ordering 23 Argus hydraulic monitoring systems for its operations.
- Operations to restart at Dartbrook as extension denied
AQC Dartbrook Management has received an approval to restart a mothballed coal mine in the Upper Hunter of New South Wales, but was unable to extend operations beyond 2022.
- BHP growth to rely on technology and transformation
BHP has revealed details surrounding its ambitious growth plans, sharing its technology and transformation agenda being undertaken in response to changing work conditions.
- Deloitte challenges mining stereotypes
Deloitte has highlighted the challenges of changing the image of mining along with practical actions to reset the Australian public’s perception of the industry in a new report.
- Rio Tinto secures permitting breakthrough at copper project
Rio Tinto has achieved a permitting milestone at the Resolution copper project in the United States with the release of an independently prepared draft environmental impact statement.
- The top five stories last week
Stay on top of the most popular stories on Australian Mining over the past week, including BHP’s plans to expand its Nickel West division in Western Australia.
- Enerflow bolsters services through new workshop
Recognising the increased demand for machinery was one of the driving forces for Enerflow Mining Services to move into a new larger workshop that would facilitate machine rebuilds.
- KPMG projects mining growth in 2020
KPMG’s Australian and global mining leader Trevor Hart predicts that a commodity ‘mini boom’ will be one of four key areas that leads mining sector growth in 2020.