- Atlas Iron
- Barrick Gold
- Bowen Basin
- coal mining
- coking coal
- Downer EDI
- Eastern Goldfields
- Environmental Protection Authority
- Gascoyne Resources
- iron ore
- mining jobs
- mining technology
- Newcrest Mining
- Northern Star Resources
- North Queensland
- NRW Holdings
- OZ Minerals
- Rio Tinto
- Western Australia
- CuDeco suspends Rocklands copper operations
Copper producer CuDeco has temporarily suspended operations at its Rocklands mine process plant in Queensland.
- Battery Minerals’ Montepuez graphite project progressing well
Following on from $20 million of capital raising earlier this month, extensive recruitment is now underway at Battery Minerals’ Montepuez graphite project.
- Dacian Gold lines up Macmahon for $250m Mt Morgans contract
Macmahon Holdings has received a letter of award for a mining contract worth at least $250 million at Dacian Gold’s Mt Morgans gold operation in Western Australia.
- Great Western makes gold discovery at Yandal West
Great Western Exploration has discovered significant gold deposits from assay results at its Yandal West project in Western Australia.
- Celsius Resources recovers cobalt at Opuwo project
Western Australia-based Celsius Resources has recovered notable levels of cobalt during testing at its Opuwo project in Namibia.
- Walkways: a safer, cheaper and more environmentally friendly solution for remote mining
The impact of the mining industry on the environment has become a major focus for many organisations. Businesses are now looking for initiatives that allow them to limit the damage to their surroundings and the environment at large. In today’s competitive market, it has also become increasingly important for organisations to introduce solutions that are … Continue reading Walkways: a safer, cheaper and more environmentally friendly solution for remote mining
- BELAZ targets Australian market for global growth
Machinery manufacturer BELAZ believes the time is right for the company to make an impact in Australia with its mining equipment.
- Fortescue names female CEO to replace Power
Elizabeth Gaines has been appointed as Fortescue Metals Group’s next chief executive officer to replace Nev Power.
- Metro completes Bauxite Hills infrastructure ahead of 2018 production launch
Metro Mining has finalised critical marine infrastructure at its Bauxite Hills project and is on track to launch production at the Cape York peninsula operation in northern Queensland during the second quarter of 2018 (just in time for the dry season).
- Curtin Uni study says tailings ops need more time to prove effective
A paper from Curtin University’s Australian Research Council-funded Centre for Mine Site Restoration (CMSR) has stated that tailings teams need more time to restore the land after mine closures.
- WA Government backs opposition to Sinosteel mine expansion
The Western Australian Government has dismissed appeals made against an Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) decision that opposed Sinosteel Midwest Corp’s plans to expand the Blue Hills Mungana East iron ore mine east of Geraldton.
- Roy Hill powers operations with Schneider Electric software
Roy Hill has worked with Schneider Electric to implement a software solution to consolidate end-to-end operational visibility and optimise the mining value chain for the integrated iron ore operations.
- Macmahon locks in $350m Queensland coal contract
Contractor Macmahon has executed a $350 million mining services contract at the Byerwen coal mine in the Bowen Basin of Queensland.
- YUMARR has a finger on the pulse
YUMARR Automation heads Nicky Guenther and Holger Salow discuss the growing demand for better and safer automation solutions in heavy industry.
- Indigenous contractor Gumala marks 20 years of business
Indigenous mining contractor Gumala Enterprises has celebrated 20 years of business in Western Australia.
- Hitachi prioritises mining with $875m innovation push
Hitachi held a Social Innovation Forum in Brisbane yesterday, revealing it had spent $875 million in Australian investment in social innovation over the last 18 months, the majority of which went to the mining industry.
- RCR wins $33m innovation contract with Fortescue
Fortescue Metals Group has awarded RCR Tomlinson a $33 million contract to design, manufacture and construct a five-kilometre relocatable conveyor system for its iron ore operations in the Pilbara.
- WA Gov’t introduces Mining Act amendment following Forrest ruling
The state cabinet of the Western Australian McGowan Government has approved an amendment to the Mining Act to validate granted tenements.
- Galaxy secures offtake contracts for 100% of Mt Cattlin lithium output
Lithium company Galaxy Resources has executed long-term offtake contracts with multiple customers in Asia.
- Ausdrill wins contract extensions in Australia, Africa
Mining services company Ausdrill has secured contract extensions in Australia and Africa.