- Alkane Resources
- Atlas Iron
- Barrick Gold
- Bowen Basin
- coking coal
- gold mine
- gold mining
- Iluka Resources
- joint venture
- Mineral Resources
- mineral sands
- Minerals Council of Australia
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- NSW Minerals Council
- Peabody Energy
- Super Pit
- underground mining
- United States
- Western Australia
- Rio Tinto Amrun export facility wins civil construction award
Rio Tinto’s Amrun Chith export facility team, McConnell Dowell, Bechtel and Jacobs, have won a Queensland Civil Contractors Federation (CCF) Earth Award for its civil construction.
- Lithium Australia cathode performance to be tested by Chinese battery makers
Lithium iron phosphate (LFP) cathode powders produced at Lithium Australia’s subsidiary VSPC will be tested by battery-cell makers in China in the coming fortnight.
- Kalium Lakes in talks with Australian Government for NAIF potash funding
The Australian Government-backed Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility (NAIF) is to investigate potential funding options for Kalium Lakes’ Beyondie Suphate of Potash (SOP) project in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto recognised for gender diversity and anti-domestic violence program
Rio Tinto has received two awards at the 2018 Women in Resources National Awards (WIRNA) for gender diversity and anti-domestic violence initiatives.
- Mining shines in SEEK job report despite weak overall growth
SEEK has reported its weakest month for growth in Australian job advertisements since March 2017 but the mining, resources & energy sector still led the way across all included industries.
- Mining companies join forces in suicide prevention in an Australian first
Mining companies have, for the first time, got on board with the annual MATES In Construction ‘Fly the Flag Day’ public awareness campaign to help prevent suicide.
- Global lithium production set to double in five years to meet EV demand
A new report from GlobalData predicts that electric vehicle (EV) demand will double global lithium production from 26,700 tonnes (t) in 20180 to 58,300t in 2022.
- Seven billion reasons to visit Australia’s ‘spiritual home of mining’ this October
In less than two months, Australia’s largest mining event will attract investors with billions in their pockets to Melbourne for four days of learning, unparalleled networking and deal-making at the 5th annual International Mining and Resources Conference (IMARC) taking place in Melbourne from October 29–November 1.
- Artemis identifies high-grade cobalt zones at Carlow Castle
Diversified explorer Artemis Resources has returned high-grade RC drilling results from the Carlow Castle copper-cobalt-gold project in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Northern Star extends loan to Venturex Sulphur Springs project in WA
Northern Star is set to lend $2 million to Venturex Resources to support the development of Venturex’s Sulphur Springs copper-zinc project in Western Australia.
- RTG-led consortium meets Bougainville Gov’t over Panguna project
ASX-listed RTG Mining has presented its redevelopment proposal for the Panguna mine to the House of Representatives in Bougainville in a significant step forward for the project.
- Lithium Australia acquires lithium-tin resource in Germany
Lithium Australia has completed its acquisition of the Sadisdorf lithium/tin resource and Hegelshöhe exploration project from Tin International in Germany.
- Mining starts at Matsa’s Red Dog gold project in WA
Matsa Resources has commenced mining operations at its 100 per cent-owned Red Dog gold project in the Goldfields region of Western Australia.
- Australian Potash gains mining leases for Lake Wells project
Australian Potash has been granted mining leases for the development of its Lake Wells potash project in Western Australia.
- Australian Mines secures $12m fund for Flemington acquisition
Australian Mines has made an agreement with a New York-based company for $12 million in funding that will be put towards completing the acquisition of the Flemington project in New South Wales.
- Altura Mining secures additional capital to bolster Pilbara expansion
Altura Mining has secured an additional $US15 million ($21 million) to support the operation of its Altura lithium project at Pilgangoora in the Pilbara.
- Sandvik positions mining companies for underground automation
Sandvik has established its ‘3 Pillar Framework’ for automation, which provides efficient monitoring and accurate reporting of data, smart management systems and intelligent machines equipped with systems like AutoMine and OptiMine.
- Northern Minerals discovers two new rare earth prospects in WA
Northern Minerals have announced two new high-grade heavy rare earth discoveries, Dazzler and Iceman, less than 15 kilometres from its Browns Range processing plant in northern Western Australia.
- Gold Road highlights ‘significant progress’ at Gruyere
Gold Road Resources has released its latest financial report for the six months ending June 30 and despite posting a net loss the company was positive regarding the progress of its flagship projects.
- Millennium achieves Nullagine gold target ahead of schedule
Millennium Minerals has boasted an outstanding production rate of 400 ounces (oz) a day at its Nullagine gold project for the past two weeks .