- AngloGold Ashanti
- Atlas Iron
- Australian Mining
- Gina Rinehart
- Gold Fields
- gold mine
- Hancock Prospecting
- iron ore
- kirkland lake gold
- mineral sands
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- NSW Minerals Council
- Ramelius Resources
- rare earths
- Sandfire Resources
- Tania Constable
- Top News
- Western Areas
- Image flags lower Boonanarring production
Image Resources has set a lower production target at the Boonanarring mineral sands project in Western Australia in 2021 despite hitting last year’s guidance.
- BHP to strengthen iron ore assets amid price uncertainty
BHP has constructed 90 per cent of the South Flank iron ore project in Western Australia, keeping the development on track to start production by mid 2021.
- SRG Global locks in $150m Fortescue contract
Fortescue Metals Group has awarded a five-year, $150 million contract for maintenance and shutdown services across its rail and port sites in Western Australia to SRG Global.
- Fortescue drives Chichester Hub autonomous light vehicles forward
Fortescue Metals Group has advanced its futuristic mining mobility plans, deploying four autonomous Ford Ranger light vehicles at the Chichester Hub mining operations in Western Australia.
- Atlas Iron hits Sanjiv Ridge crushing milestone
Atlas Iron has crushed first direct shipping ore at the Sanjiv Ridge (formerly Corunna Downs) mine in the Pilbara region in Western Australia.
- Aurizon anticipates coal export growth
Aurizon Holdings is confident of the long-term demand for Australian coal from international markets despite a 10 per cent drop in exports during the second half of last year.
- Anglo American to halve Aquila water consumption
Anglo American has commissioned a reverse osmosis (RO) water treatment plant at the Aquila metallurgical coal project in the Bowen Basin, Queensland.
- FLSmidth breaks ground with gravity concentration
FLSmidth has launched the Knelson GX Concentrating Cones to enhance recovery of precious metals.
- Fenix delays maiden iron ore shipment
Fenix Resources has suspended loading of its maiden iron ore shipment after facing mechanical issues that resulted in an oil spill at Geraldton Port in Western Australia.
- Miners swoop on rare earth opportunities
Australian miners are making moves on rare earths projects as the commodity gains momentum driven by demand from the electric vehicle (EV) market.
- Newcrest to pursue growth beyond Tier 1 assets
Newcrest Mining managing director Sandeep Biswas has revealed that the company intends to expand its asset holding by adding more Tier 1 and Tier 2 orebodies to its gold portfolio.
- DDH1 to float on ASX amid rising drill activities
Australia’s largest diamond core drilling contractor DDH1 is set to float on the ASX by launching an initial public offering (IPO) to raise $150 million.
- Macmahon wins $220m Deflector gold mine contract
Macmahon Holdings has signed a four-year, $220 million contract with Silver Lake Resources to perform mining works at the Deflector gold-copper mine in Western Australia.
- Coal to dominate India’s energy generation until 2040
Coal is forecast to hold its top position as India’s largest single source of electricity in 2040, despite the rising use of renewable energy, according to International Energy Agency (IEA).
- Komatsu commissions Australian-first ultra-class truck
Komatsu has furthered the sustainability of Australian mining by commissioning an advanced low-emission mining truck, the Tier-4 930E-5.
- Newcrest backs away from WA joint venture
Newcrest Mining has withdrawn from its joint venture (JV) with Encounter Resources at the Aileron copper-gold-rare earths project in Western Australia.
- Northern Star renews underground strategy for greener operations
Northern Star Resources has released its climate change strategy as a merged company on the eve of it officially joining forces with Super Pit co-owner Saracen Mineral Holdings.
- Isatis.neo makes geostatistics accessible to resource teams
Isatis.neo is Geovariances’ smart and powerful software solution for resource estimation and comprehensive geostatistical studies.
- Newmont maintains industry leading gold reserves
Newmont Corporation increased its gold reserves by six million ounces to 94.2 million during 2020 despite facing the challenge of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Follow the leaders: This week’s executive movements
Keep up with the latest executive movements across the mining sector, including at Greatland Gold, Department of Regional New South Wales, Auroch Minerals and more.