- Andrew Mackenzie
- Atlas Copco
- Coober Pedy
- Ernst and Young
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gascoyne Resources
- iron ore
- mining royalty
- NRW Holdings
- Rio Tinto
- South Africa
- South Australia
- Tom Albanese
- Western Australia
- Chevron snaps up three offshore interests off Western Australian coast
Chevron Australia has purchased three exploration interests in the Carnarvon Basin offshore Western Australia, comprising 50 trillion cubic feet of gas resources over an area of 23,170 square kilometres.
- WA Liberal Party blocks Labor’s gold royalty hike
A majority of 22 Liberal MPs are expected to vote in the Western Australian State Parliament Upper House against the Mark McGowan-led Labor Government’s plan to raise gold royalty fees by 50 per cent.
- Newcrest delivers safety improvements
Newcrest Mining’s annual financial review (AFR) for 2017 has been released, and highlights some significant environmental regulation improvements over the previous year’s figures.
- MMG reports fatal injury at Las Bambas
ASX-listed MMG has reported a mine death at its Las Bambas copper operation.
- Gold Road expands greenfields exploration focus with JV agreements
Gold Road Resources is broadening its search for the company’s next major greenfields discovery in Western Australia.
- Mining industry unemployment almost halves in AusIMM survey
A survey by the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) has confirmed that employment of resources professionals is stabilising after an extended period of high unemployment during the industry downturn.
- WA operator Aspire Mining granted licence for coking coal project
Western Australian mining operator Aspire has received a 30-year mining licence for its 90 per cent-owned Nuurstei Coking Coal Project in Mongolia.
- WorleyParsons to invest $303m in oil & gas expansion
Australian engineering firm WorleyParsons will spend $303 million (£182 million) to acquire UK-based oil & gas firm AFW to expand its presence to the North Sea marketplace.
- Mining companies target employees with a disability to increase diversity: Hays
Mining companies are pursuing potential employees who have a disability as a new method for increasing workforce diversity, Hays’ latest analysis on recruitment trends has revealed.
- Chevron starts LNG production at Wheatstone
Chevron has launched production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) at the Wheatstone project in Western Australia.
- Bowen Basin collaboration to boost mining jobs in QLD
The Paluszczuk Labor Government is encouraging collaboration between mining technology companies in the Bowen Basin through a pilot joint initiative with METS Ignited.
- Isuzu signs on with MEGATRANS2018
Truck manufacturer Isuzu has announced its support of multi-modal supply chain event MEGATRANS2018, joining the show as a Platinum Sponsor.
- Dacian Gold hits ore at Mt Morgan project, makes power deal with Zenith
Dacian Gold has hit first ore at its Mt Morgans gold project in Western Australia four weeks ahead of schedule.
- Aussie investor talks slow over Bougainville mine relaunch
Talks between Aussie investors and the Papua New Guinean Government have slowed over plans to reopen the Bougainsville gold mine in the Autonomous Region of Bougainsville, closed since 1989 due to local conflicts.
- Finders becomes takeover target for Indonesian shareholders
ASX-listed Finders Resources has received an off-market takeover bid from Eastern Field Developments, valuing the Perth-based Indonesian copper miner at around $178 million.
- The El Niño weather event and its effects on water management in mining
Introduction With our country experiencing another cyclic El Niño weather event, water use, water management and the competition for water will no doubt be brought in the minds of the public. Current conflict over state water licences within the Murray Darling basin will become more acerbic in its nature and mining will be pitted against … Continue reading The El Niño weather event and its effects on water management in mining
- Altura locks in $26m to fund Pilgangoora lithium expansion
Lithium developer Altura Mining will raise $26 million through a share placement to help accelerate its expansion plans at the Pilgangoora project in Western Australia.
- Ebony Energy to circumvent NT fracking moratorium through $3bn Andado project
Sydney-based energy company Ebony Energy — founded by former Santos chairman Stephen Gerlach — has completed a scoping study for its proposed $3 billion coal-to-gas project at the edge of the Simpson Desert, about 250km southeast of Alice Springs.
- Port Hedland sees iron export increase to China
Port Hedland, the world’s largest bulk mineral port, has reported an increase of 2 tonnes in iron ore shipments to China from August to September, representing a rise of 2.8 per cent, according to a port data report.
- Gold Fields to review exploration plans in light of WA royalty increase
South African gold producer Gold Fields is reconsidering its exploration expenditure in Western Australia in light of the proposed 50 per cent gold royalty hike (from 2.5 to 3.75 per cent) by the McGowan State Government.