- AngloGold Ashanti
- Atlas Iron
- Barrow Island
- Bowen Basin
- coking coal
- Evolution Mining
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gina Rinehart
- Hancock Prospecting
- iron ore
- Mineral Resources
- minerals processing
- mining services
- Newcrest Mining
- Northern Star Resources
- oil and gas
- Pilbara Minerals
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- thermal coal
- Western Australia
- RPM inks mining software distribution deal with Accenture
Mining technology provider RPMGlobal has entered a master software subscription licence and software agreement with Accenture subsidiary Proquire to provide RPM services via the subscription-based Accenture Connected Mine Suite.
- Resolute to fully automate underground gold mine with Sandvik system
Resolute Mining and Sandvik have established a strategic framework to fully automate the Syama underground gold mine in Mali, West Africa.
- Aussie analytics company secures $10m funding round for drone tech
Cloud-based analytics company Propeller Aero has received a major funding breakthrough, securing $10 million from investors for advancement and expansion of its drone-mapping analytics technology.
- MinRes comes to the rescue of Koolyanobbing
The Koolyanobbing iron ore operation in Western Australia’s Yilgarn region has found a saviour in Mineral Resources (MinRes).
- FIFO workers’ health and wellbeing under spotlight in Pilbara
Mental health and wellbeing of men living in remote Western Australian mining communities are being placed at the forefront in the Pilbara during Men’s Health Week.
- Rio Tinto appoints chief financial officer
Jakob Stausholm will succeed Chris Lynch as chief financial officer of Rio Tinto.
- Queensland’s coal royalties soar to a record breaking $3.8bn
Queensland’s coal royalties reached a record breaking contribution of $3.8 billion for 2017-18 to the State Budget, up from a previous record of $3.4 billion in 2016-17. The boost in royalties will pay for the Palaszczuk government’s infrastructure and vital services such as health and education.
- Gold Industry Group launches second virtual discovery trail in Kalgoorlie
The Gold Industry Group unveiled its second virtual gold trail in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia last weekend.
- Nautilus Minerals secures $US34m for deep-sea mining in PNG
Nautilus Minerals has entered a $US34 million ($45 million) agreement with lender Deep Sea Mining Finance for deep sea mining development in Papua New Guinea.
- Immersive Technologies forms QLD safety collaboration with Simtars
Immersive Technologies has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Simtars to jointly develop training and workforce development solutions for the Queensland resources sector and international markets.
- Tawana and Alliance a step closer to $446m merger
Tawana Resources’ proposed merger with Alliance Mineral Mineral Assets, first announced in April, has been given the go ahead by the Australian Government.
- Stanmore to acquire Wotonga South from Peabody Energy
Stanmore Coal has agreed to buy the Wotonga South coking coal deposit in Queensland from Peabody Energy subsidiary, Millennium Coal, for $30 million.
- KableX delivers an alternative to mining’s cable sector
KableX, a new cable specialist, has been endorsed by AusProof to deliver an advancement in technology and a contemporary service approach.
- The gain and pain in extending oil drain intervals in hydraulic systems
Oil drain intervals (ODI) have generally been pre-determined by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and designed as such to provide protection to compartments based on a wide variety of conditions.
- Sandfire to acquire Talisman share of Springfield JV for $72m
Sandfire Resources has reached an in-principle agreement with Talisman Mining to acquire the latter’s 30 per cent interest in the Springfield copper-gold joint venture (JV) in the Doolgunna region of Western Australia for $72 million.
- Bannerman raises $8m for Etango uranium development
Perth-based Bannerman Resources has raised $8 million in a heavily oversubscribed placement for development of its 95 per cent-owned Etango uranium project in Namibia.
- Tech opportunity to control rising maintenance costs
IFS Australia and New Zealand managing director Rob Stummer has commented on how new technologies and AI could help to control rising maintenance costs in the mining industry.
- Thermal coal market showing ‘considerable strength’: TerraCom
Demand for Australian thermal coal has been strong in recent months, according to TerraCom.
- Rio ready to explore with China’s Minmetals
Rio Tinto has formalised a joint venture with Minmetals to explore for mineral deposits in China, and later globally.
- OZ Minerals nears finish line of Avanco takeover
OZ Minerals $418 million takeover bid for Brazil-focused Avanco Resources is a step closer to completion after OZ declared it unconditional.