- Australian government
- australian vanadium
- coal mine
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road Resources
- iron ore
- mark mcgowan
- mining services
- Mount Isa
- Northern Star
- Northern Territory
- NRW Holdings
- OZ Minerals
- Prominent Hill
- Rio Tinto
- Stanmore Coal
- Super Pit
- Top News
- Metso Outotec trusted by Karara for tailings expansion
Metso Outotec has been contracted by Karara Mining to design a tailings filtration plant expansion at its iron ore project in Western Australia.
- Copper demand drives Sandfire growth at Degrussa
Sandfire Resources has surpassed its production guidance for the 2021 financial year thanks to strong demand for its copper from the DeGrussa operation in Western Australia.
- Fortescue celebrates autonomous haulage milestone
Fortescue has marked a significant milestone with its autonomous haul fleet moving two billion tonnes of material, doubling the amount hauled since reaching the one billion tonne milestone in September 2019.
- Rio Tinto joins pack of partners with Energy Initiative
The Australian Industry Energy Transition Initiative has welcomed Rio Tinto as a partner, plus a $2m grant from the Australian Renewable Energy Agency.
- Australian METS paves the way to India
Bulk scan manufacturer RTI has paved the way for Australian businesses to export to India, with the Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) advising the company every step of the way.
- HYDAC’s online courses set to meet hydraulic training demands of the times
HYDAC is revamping its fluid power technology training with online courses to meet overwhelming demand from individuals and industry.
- QLD resources sector backs $100m infrastructure fund
The Queensland Government has begun accepting applications for its $100 million Resources Community Infrastructure Fund (RCIF), which has been established to benefit the state’s regional hubs.
- Australian critical minerals sector to explore blockchain tech
The federal government has funded a blockchain pilot project to increase competition in Australia’s critical minerals sector.
- Fosterville gold production drives Kirkland Lake to record
Kirkland Lake Gold has achieved higher gold grades at the Fosterville mine in Victoria following changes to mine sequencing, pushing it to another record quarter.
- Newmont ends Tanami camp quarantine
Newmont Corporation has released around 700 workers at the Tanami gold mine camp in the Northern Territory from quarantine following last month’s COVID-19 outbreak.
- WA resources sector adds $83bn to economy
Western Australia’s mining and resources industries contributed more than $83 billion to Australia’s economy in 2019-20 and directly provided more than 94,000 full-time jobs, according to analysis of a Chamber of Minerals and Energy Western Australia (CME) survey.
- Half of miners plot electrification to cut costs
A State of Play report has revealed that 53 per cent of individuals surveyed are exploring electrification of their mine sites as a way to reduce costs.
- NRW Holdings sells mobile fleet to Boggabri
NRW Holdings has sold the majority of the major mining equipment from subsidiary Golding Contractors to Idemitsu Group subsidiary Boggabri Coal for $81 million.
- New centre to upskill future miners
The University of Adelaide has officially launched a new training centre which will aim to optimise mining technology and deliver training for the next generation of miners.
- Environment Minister must consider miners and minors
A Federal Court judge has declared Minister for Environment Sussan Ley has a duty of care to protect the health of children when approving mining projects and expansions.
- Atlas Iron readies Miralga Creek project start
Atlas Iron has planned to start works to develop the Miralga Creek iron ore project in Western Australia after it received all primary approvals.
- Federal funding backs resources manufacturing
The Australian Government has created an $800 million Manufacturing Collaboration Stream to encourage collaboration between businesses and researchers in industries like resources technology and critical minerals processing.
- IGO, Barminco finish Nova electric vehicle trial
IGO and Barminco have completed a trial of Normet’s SmartDrive Charmec battery electric vehicle at the Nova nickel-copper-cobalt mine in Western Australia.
- QLD in box seat for met coal recovery
The Queensland Government has highlighted the state’s strength in metallurgical coal as key to a successful COVID-19 economic recovery, in response to Australia’s Resources and Energy Quarterly for June.
- Barminco bolsters portfolio as Panoramic finalises Savannah contract
Perenti has signed a contract with Panoramic Resources for the development of its Savannah nick project in the Kimberley region of Western Australia.