- AngloGold Ashanti
- Carosue Dam
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Fosterville gold mine
- Fraser Range
- iron ore
- kirkland lake gold
- Mineral Exploration
- mining equipment
- Northern Star
- Rio Tinto
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- St Barbara
- Super Pit
- Toro Energy
- Western Australia
- Iron ore prices high on robust steel production
Iron ore prices have continued their upward trajectory, reaching more than $US103 ($150) per tonne and remaining above $US100 nearly every day since Vale flagged mine disruption risks.
- Coal supports steady QLD resources jobs
The Queensland resources sector has remained strong during the COVID-19 pandemic, experiencing just a 1 per cent drop in jobs during the March quarter.
- iTWOsafe facilitates workplace safety in more ways than one
The global pandemic continues to impact all industries and physical distancing in the workplace plays a critical role in maintaining staff safety and business continuity.
- Calidus receives EPA clearance for WA gold project
Western Australia’s Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) has given Calidus Resources’ Warrawoona gold project the green light.
- IGO backs Mincor as Kambalda investment decision nears
Mincor Resources intends to raise $50 million to accelerate activities at the Kambalda nickel project in Western Australia ahead of reaching a final investment decision this year.
- Fortescue awards RDG with new Cloudbreak mine contract
Resource Development Group (RDG) has won a contract with Fortescue Metals Group to design and build an overpass at the Cloudbreak mine in Western Australia.
- Colombian community refutes Cerrejón human rights allegations
A British law firm’s effort to save the Indigenous community of Provincial in the La Guajira region of Colombia from the alleged impacts of the Cerrejón coal operation has backfired.
- Follow the leaders: This week’s appointments
Stay on top of the latest executive appointments across the mining sector over the past week, including at Kirkland Lake Gold, PepinNini Lithium, New Hope and more. Kirkland Lake Gold has made a number of new appointments in the company’s leadership team. The appointments, which are effective immediately, are: Mining general manager Evan Pelletier being promoted … Continue reading Follow the leaders: This week’s appointments
- Zero-emission copper mines a future possibility
The University of Sydney has released a report that maps out how Australia’s copper mining operations can target zero emissions within the next 30 years.
- South32 revises Illawarra contractor arrangements
South32 has reportedly slashed hundreds of contractor jobs, largely from the Appin coal mine at its Illawarra Metallurgical Coal operation in New South Wales.
- BHP to use Chevron gas at Nickel West projects
Chevron has signed an agreement with BHP to supply gas from the Wheatstone gas facility in Western Australia to the miner’s Nickel West operations.
- Thousands of workers to lose jobs at Barrick’s Porgera mine
Barrick Gold has flagged massive job losses at the Porgera gold mine in Papua New Guinea after the country’s government refused to extend a mining lease at the site in April.
- Former Nova director charged with insider trading offences
Avi Kimelman has been charged with insider trading offences at the Magistrates Court of Victoria, following his resignation as a Nova Minerals company director last week.
- Australian gold sector progresses $20m worth of M&A
The gold mining sector has announced a series of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) involving Genesis Minerals, Kingston Resources and Firefly Resources.
- Gold rush to continue for foreseeable future, Edison report says
Edison Investment Research director Charles Gibson has said there is no end in sight for the gold rush, with prices expected to rise to $US1900 per ounce and potentially as high as $US3000 per ounce.
- Fortescue reaches automation milestone
Fortescue has rolled out its 100th autonomous haul truck conversion at its Chichester Hub in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Gold does grow on trees: Marmota samples trees to advance SA gold exploration
South Australian exploration company Marmota is using biogeochemical sampling of tree leaves to unearth new gold deposits in the prospective Gawler Craton.
- BHP announces supplier innovation competition
BHP has announced a unique method of sourcing suppliers in the Australian mining, equipment, technology and services (METS) sector through a new program launched with Austmine.
- AVZ to announce $US300m worth of Manono contracts
AVZ Minerals is set to award $US300 million ($432 million) worth of tenders to develop its Manono lithium-tin project in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- WesTrac enhances safety by removing workers from live equipment tasks
Caterpillar dealer WesTrac is boosting safety across Australian mine sites by removing personnel from working within the footprint of live equipment for up to 90 per cent of common maintenance tasks.