- digital mining
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Evolution Mining
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road
- iron ore
- metallurgical coal
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- Rockwell Automation
- Sandfire Resources
- Surat Basin
- Surbiton Associates
- thermal coal
- Western Australia
- Red River posts record zinc, copper and lead production at Thalanga
Red River Resources has reported record operating performance from its Thalanga zinc operations in Northern Queensland during the March 2019 quarter.
- The top five mining stories last week
Australian Mining’s top five stories of the past week included Fortescue’s contract awards in the Pilbara, Rio Tinto declaring force majeure on its shipments, Fortescue’s approval for Iron Bridge’s stage two expansion, and more.
- Petroleum tax amendments could benefit onshore gas projects
The Australian Government has passed amendments to the long-standing petroleum resource rent tax (PRRT) to exclude the onshore oil and gas industry from its scope.
- Panoramic Resources has turnaround March performance with Savannah
Panoramic Resources’ Savannah nickel project has reported an improvement in mining activities during March – a turnaround result after a poor February performance.
- Australian Vanadium on track for pilot study completion in 2019
Australian Vanadium (AVL) has completed a large-scale metallurgical and resource sample collection which will accelerate its Australian Vanadium project pilot study off Meekatharra in Western Australia.
- Goldcorp receives shareholder approval for Newmont Mining merger
Goldcorp’s shareholders have voted overwhelmingly in favour of the company’s proposed $US10 billion ($14 billion) merger with Newmont Mining.
- SRG Global secures Evolution Mining contract worth up to $115m
SRG Global has received a three-year drill-and-blast services contract with Evolution Mining at several of its Australian gold mines.
- Antipa to build off Rio Tinto partnership with ‘aggressive’ exploration
Antipa Minerals is set to accelerate its 2019 exploration programs and pursue broader gold-copper potential analogous to Rio Tinto’s Winu discovery in the Paterson province of Western Australia.
- Indigenous students to reach new heights in robotics
The Toolooa Indigenous Group Robotics (TIGeR) team is set to join the upcoming robotics competition in Rockhampton, Queensland in August this year.
- Strata refuge shelters provide safety when breathing air is compromised
Strata Worldwide offers one of the leading brands in emergency refuge solutions available to the global mining market.
- Lucapa refinances to maximise diamond production
Lucapa Diamond Company aims to reduce its high-cost development debt associated with the delivery of its Mothae diamond mine in Lesotho, South Africa, via funding and refinancing agreements.
- Lithium Australia to restore critical metals with Envirostream
Lithium Australia has acquired a significant interest in battery recycling company Envirostream in line with the Australian Government’s critical minerals ambition in 2019.
- Mineral Commodities acquires highest grade flake graphite operation in world
Mining and exploration company Mineral Commodities Graphite (MRC) has acquired Norwegian company Skaland Graphite, significantly boosting its capacity as a flake graphite producer.
- Newcrest to sole fund five exploration programs in 2019
Newcrest Mining’s exploration programs with Encounter Resources received a boost today as the company announced it will sole fund programs across the Tanami and West Arunta gold regions in Western Australia.
- Syrah achieves production record at Balama graphite project
Syrah Resources has cemented its comeback from production issues last year by posting a production record in March at as the Balama graphite project.
- Kalium Lakes secures more funds for Beyondie SOP project
Kalium Lakes has secured a conditional equity investment of $20.8 million from Greenstone Resources at the Beyondie sulphate of potash project (SOPP) in Western Australia.
- NRW Holdings boosts $230m contract portfolio at Curragh
NRW Holdings has received about $72 million worth of work from Coronado Curragh, with the largest package being a $50 million addition to its existing contract at the Curragh coal mine in Queensland.
- Boss discovers ‘major breakthrough’ for Honeymoon uranium expansion
Boss Resources has commenced the second phase of its Honeymoon uranium project restart in SA, confirming its potential expansion into a 3.2 million pound-a-year operation.
- Fortescue awards $35m contract to Pilbara businesses
Fortescue Metals Group has awarded a major component overhaul and replacement services (MCORS) contract to three contractors based in Port Hedland in Western Australia.
- Wet disk snubber upgrade lowers maintenance on Cat rope shovels
Caterpillar has introduced a new wet disk snubber upgrade for dipper doors on its 7495 series electric rope shovels, built specifically for removing large amounts of overburden and ore at a reduced cost per tonne.