- AngloGold Ashanti
- base metals
- Carmichael mine
- Carosue Dam
- Fosterville gold mine
- Fraser Range
- iron ore
- kirkland lake gold
- mining equipment
- New Acland
- New Century Resources
- New Hope Group
- Northern Star
- Paterson Province
- Rio Tinto
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- St Barbara
- Super Pit
- Toro Energy
- Venture Minerals
- Lynas suspends operations at Malaysian plant
Lynas Corporation has halted operations at its Malaysian plant following an escalation of coronavirus cases in the country.
- BHP goes on hiring spree to spur virus-hit economy
BHP plans to recruit 1500 people to support the company’s operations in the short term amid a “difficult” time.
- Alkane flags potential new mine in NSW
Alkane Resources has signalled that a potential mine operation could form off the Boda prospect in New South Wales.
- AMEC calls for expenditure relief for explorers
The Association of Mining and Exploration Companies (AMEC) has urged state and territory governments to implement a moratorium of at least six months on tenement rentals and associated expenditure requirements for mineral exploration licenses.
- Marmota chairman gives away one million shares
Marmota chairman Colin Rose has awarded one million of his personal shares in the company to three employees, claiming the company is in “its strongest financial position in years”.
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most popular stories on Australian Mining over the past week, including BHP awarding NRW a $48 million contract at its Olympic Dam site in South Australia.
- Sandfire resumes steady operations despite uncertainty
Sandfire Resources has continued full capacity operation at the DeGrussa mine in Western Australia during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
- Sandvik releases AutoMine for Trucks
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology has launched AutoMine for Trucks, an industry first for autonomous ramp haulage in underground mines.
- OceanaGold announces leadership change
OceanaGold president and chief executive officer, Mick Wilkes, has stepped down from his executive position as well as from the board for personal reasons.
- First gold poured at West Africa’s ‘next Tier 1 gold asset’
West African Resources has poured first gold at the Sanbrado gold project in Burkina Faso, with the bars weighing 23.9 kilograms.
- PYBAR reveals Curtin University engineering scholarship
PYBAR has unveiled a new scholarship with Curtin University Western Australian School of Mines (WASM) to support an undergraduate student in a resource-related degree.
- New CRC to support regional mining industry
A new Co-operative Research Centre (CRC) funded by the federal government will bring together industry and research organisations to help support regional communities facing mining closure.
- BHP throws lifeline to mining supply chain
BHP will reduce payment terms for small, local and Indigenous businesses to support communities around Australia during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Track’em wins Downer contract for gas project
Downer has signed a contract with cloud-based tracking platform developer, Track’em for an upstream coal seam gas development project.
- Mining industry salaries grow as job advertising sinks
Australia’s mining, resources and energy industry has received healthy salary growth despite an overall drop in SEEK job advertisements, according to a recent employment data report from the company.
- MinRes restructures manganese assets
Mineral Resources has agreed to transfer its manganese assets to Resources Development Group (RDG) in exchange for a 75 per cent shareholding in RDG.
- A message from the CEO to our partners
As Australia’s largest B2B publisher we have been looking at how we can best support our many industries through the changing COVID-19 situation. We are committed to keeping our industries connected and supporting our clients and readers through this challenging time.
- NT exploration halted to protect communities from coronavirus
The Central Land Council (CLC) has suspended all mining exploration activities to prevent the spread of coronavirus to vulnerable remote communities in the Northern Territory.
- Mining heavyweights form Green Hydrogen Consortium
BHP, Fortescue, Anglo American and Hatch have established a green hydrogen consortium to tackle the mining industry’s carbon emissions.
- Rio Tinto suspends Kennecott operations following earthquake
Rio Tinto has felt the impact of a 5.7-magnitude earthquake at the Kennecott copper mine near Salt Lake City, Utah in the United States.