- Barrick Gold
- Evolution Mining
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road Resources
- Hastings Deering
- iron ore
- materials handling
- mining equipment
- Northern Minerals
- Northern Star Resources
- rare earths
- Rio Tinto
- Super Pit
- Top News
- underground mining
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- Amrun to drive Australia’s global bauxite strength
Rio Tinto’s $2.6 billion Amrun mine in Queensland is cementing Australia’s standing as the world’s top producer of bauxite.
- Hancock sways major Riversdale shareholder in takeover tussle
Hancock Prospecting has achieved a breakthrough in its takeover bid for Riversdale Resources by gaining acceptance of the offer from the coking coal company’s largest shareholder.
- Fenix forms joint venture with Minehaul for Iron Ridge
Fenix Resources has entered into a strategic alliance with trucking and logistics company Minehaul that will advance development of the Iron Ridge project in the Mid West region of Western Australia.
- Women in Industry Awards 2019 finalists announced
Finalists of the 2019 Women in Industry Awards are in to showcase the exceptional women who have achieved success through leadership, innovation and commitment to their sector.
- Lepidico and Desert Lion to merge lithium prospects
Lithium companies Lepidico and Desert Lion have announced they will merge to create a “global leader in the development of lithium chemicals from Lepidolite.”
- AVZ confirms Manono as world’s largest lithium resource
AVZ Minerals has declared the Manono lithium-tin project in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) as the world’s largest measured and indicated lithium resource.
- Heron kickstarts production at Woodlawn towards 1.5Mt capacity
Heron Resources has marked the start of full production activities with ore processing at its Woodlawn zinc-copper mine in New South Wales.
- BHP slapped with record lawsuit over Brazil dam collapse
BHP has been hit with the largest damages claim in British legal history through a group action lawsuit seeking $US5 billion ($7.2 billion) over the 2015 Fundão dam collapse in Brazil.
- Volvo propels Northern Star Resources at Pogo
Northern Star Resources has added 60-ton Volvo A60H articulated trucks to meet the Alaska-based Pogo mine’s requirement of producing four million ounces of gold by the middle of next year.
- Latest Vale setback boosts Australian iron stocks
Australian iron ore stocks have responded strongly following news that Brazilian courts have again stopped operations at Vale’s Brucutu mine.
- New airborne gravity survey set to explore Pilbara
The Geological Survey of Western Australia (GSWA) has launched its latest airborne gravity survey in the Pilbara region covering an area of 170,000 square kilometres.
- Hancock Prospecting stretches Riversdale bid to $645m
Hancock Prospecting has increased its takeover offer for Riversdale Resources, taking its proposed buyout to over $645 million, provided it owns more than 85 per cent of the target company.
- Caterpillar partners with Rio Tinto to automate Koodaideri
Caterpillar will supply machinery and autonomous technology for Rio Tinto’s Koodaideri iron ore project in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Scientists make breakthrough discovery about ‘fool’s gold’
A team of German scientists has proven for the first time that the concentration of gold in the notorious ‘fool’s gold’ directly depends on the level of arsenic in the pyrite where the gold is encrusted.
- MCA study identifies most sought after mining jobs
A Minerals Council of Australia (MCA) study shows that mining job demand has risen considerably over the past three years.
- Victoria bolsters mining guidelines as sector grows
The Andrews government has moved to strengthen Victoria’s resource guidelines, setting a higher standard for those accessing the state’s mineral resources.
- Kalgoorlie Power Systems wins contract expansion at Tropicana gold mine
AngloGold Ashanti has awarded Kalgoorlie Power Systems with a contract expansion to increase power capacity for its Tropicana underground development in Western Australia.
- Mondium inks $100 million contract for Greenbushes expansion
Talison Lithium has awarded Mondium a $100 million contract for the design and construction of a new tailing retreatment processing plant at the Greenbushes mine in Western Australia.
- AuStar in talks with Centennial to consolidate Victorian gold assets
AuStar Gold has entered into discussions with the administrators of Centennial Mining to assess proposing a deed of company arrangement with its creditors.
- Austmine 2019 Mining Innovation conference: Resolute Mining CEO interview
Resolute Mining is taking advantage of new technology in the mining sector at its Syama underground gold mine in Mali, West Africa.