- Andrew Mackenzie
- AngloGold Ashanti
- gold mining
- Independence Group
- iron ore
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- Olympic Dam
- Queensland Resources Council
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Kirkland Lake sees record gold quarter led by Fosterville
Kirkland Lake Gold has delivered record quarterly gold production of 180,155 ounces (oz) in the September quarter.
- Hastings Technology awards Yangibana FEED contract to DRA Global
DRA Global has won a front-end engineering design (FEED) contract at Hastings Technology Metals’ Yangibana rare earths project in Western Australia.
- Hancock secures compulsory takeover of Atlas Iron in Rinehart win
Hancock Prospecting subsidiary Redstone Corporation has secured over 90 per cent of Atlas Iron’s shares, allowing the Gina Rinehart-owned company to commence a compulsory acquisition of the remaining shares.
- Bechtel named preferred contractor for Woodside’s Pluto train 2
Woodside has selected Bechtel as its execution contractor for the expansion of the Pluto LNG facility offshore Western Australia.
- Komatsu kicks off career drive across Australia
Komatsu has launched its biggest ever recruitment drive to employ technicians in response to improving market conditions.
- Boss Resources advances Honeymoon uranium restart
Boss Resources has released an update on its restart strategy at the Honeymoon uranium project in South Australia, 80km northwest of Broken Hill.
- National consortium to develop $100m battery research centre
A Western Australian-led consortium is a step closer to winning the bid for a $100 million Future Battery Industries Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) from the Federal Government.
- Bylong coal mine in NSW inches closer to approval
New South Wales’ Department of Planning and Environment has referred revised plans for a thermal coal mine development 55km from Mudgee to an independent planning commission for approval.
- Altura’s first lithium shipment leaves the Pilbara
Altura Mining’s maiden cargo of spodumene concentrate from its lithium project at Pilgangoora in the Pilbara has departed Port Hedland.
- Pilgangoora maiden delivery achieves impressive results
Pilbara Minerals’ first spodumene concentrate shipment from the Pilgangoora lithium-tantalum project in Western Australia has achieved impressive results following independent testing.
- Evolution Mining key focus of Unearthed Sydney hackathon
Gold miner Evolution Mining will play a key role in mining technology event Unearthed Sydney 2018.
- Glencore awards three-year Newlands contract extension to Bis
Bis has retained a contract to provide load and haul services for Glencore at the Newlands coal mine in the Bowen Basin, Queensland.
- Next generation boom system drives productivity
Developed specifically for hydraulic boom systems, BoomSafe represents a leap forward in remote operation technology, significantly improving uptime for operations.
- Australian Potash forms JV with St Barbara over Lake Wells project
Australian Potash has entered into an earn-in and a joint venture (JV) with mid-tier gold producer St Barbara over the Lake Wells gold tenements in Yilgarn Craton in Western Australia.
- The Synthetic Revolution
Are synthetic lubricants magical? Why are they so popular? Why should I pay more for synthetics? This article explains some of the key features of synthetic lubricants that can contribute to increased productivity of industrial equipment.
- Northern Minerals achieves rare earth milestone at Browns Range
Northern Minerals has produced its first rare earth (RE) carbonate from the Browns Range pilot plant in the East Kimberley region of Western Australia.
- RNC reveals plans for historic $6.8m gold find
Two massive gold-bearing quartz specimens unveiled today at the Pan Pacific Hotel in Perth have attracted comment from industry experts.
- Labor’s big plans for Australia’s battery metal industry
The Labor Party has set out its plans to boost Australia’s battery metals industry in the event Bill Shorten is elected as the next Prime Minister.
- Doray Minerals to sell Andy Well gold mine to Galane Australia
Doray Minerals has announced the sale of its first operating gold mine Andy Well to Galane Australia, a subsidiary of Canadian gold miner Galane Gold, in a $10-million deal.
- Exciting times ahead for innovative Northparkes copper mine
Northparkes was Australia’s first highly efficient block cave mine, celebrated for its high quality copper and gold deposits and being the world’s most automated underground mine. Now, there are significant new operations afoot.