- Curtin University
- Donald Trump
- Ian Macfarlane
- iron ore
- Lithium Australia
- mining technology
- New Century Resources
- Northern Star Resources
- Port Hedland
- Queensland Resources Council
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- Top News
- Weir Minerals
- Western Areas
- women in mining
- Alcoa to boost alumina refining capacity
Alcoa of Australia has inked an agreement with FYI Resources for the potential development of high purity alumina (HPA) refining technologies.
- Australian Potash obtains green approval
Australian Potash has received backing from Western Australia’s environmental watchdog for the Lake Wells sulphate of potash (SOP) project.
- Christine O’Reilly joins BHP board of directors
BHP has further diversified its board of directors, with Christine O’Reilly set to become part of the team next month.
- Fortescue expands hydropower pursuit to Indonesia
Fortescue Metals Group has extended its search of hydropower resources to Indonesia following a similar move in Papua of New Guinea (PNG) last week.
- Anglo American targets remote QLD operations
Anglo American is completing a series of workforce briefings at the Grosvenor coal mine in Queensland to improve safety using data science ahead of planned restart of longwall mining at the site next year.
- Austmine rolls out virtual mining export hub
Austmine has launched an initiative to help regional Western Australian mining equipment, technology and services (METS) companies increase their digital mining capabilities and global competitiveness.
- Rio Tinto unveils rare diamonds as Argyle nears end
Rio Tinto has showcased its rare pink, red, violet and blue diamonds from the Argyle mine in Western Australia virtually to a group of collectors, connoisseurs and luxury jewellery houses.
- QLD reforms mining sector to increase jobs
The Queensland Government has put a number of reforms into place to strengthen the state’s mining sector, including a focus on extending the life of old mines.
- Terrain Tamer diversifies geographical reach
Australian 4WD parts brand Terrain Tamer has opened a large-scale branch in the Cape Town suburb of Bellville to service the wider African community.
- Fortescue permitted to increase Herb Elliott Port capacity
Fortescue Metals Group has received approval from the Pilbara Ports Authority to increase the material handling capacity of the Herb Elliott Port in Western Australia.
- BHP contracts EPS for LNG-fuelled shipping
BHP has awarded the world’s first LNG-fuelled Newcastlemax bulk carrier tender for the company’s chartered vessels along the Western Australia to China route.
- IGO furthers Fraser Range nickel exploration
IGO has signed an agreement with Boadicea Resources to secure ground positions along the nickel-copper rich Fraser Range province in Western Australia.
- Lucapa diamond haul reaches new heights
Lucapa Diamond Company has reached another record of monthly carat recoveries at the Lulo alluvial diamond mine in Angola, Africa.
- Glencore considers future of Mount Isa copper assets
Glencore is reviewing the future of its Mount Isa copper smelter and Townsville refinery in Queensland.
- NSW flags ‘ongoing challenge’ of coal development
The New South Wales Government has released its Illawarra-Shoalhaven regional plan 2036, which factors in the challenges coal developments face in the future.
- MinRes MD rises from Pilbara businessman to billionaire
Mineral Resources (MinRes) managing director Chris Ellison has become Australia’s newest billionaire, thanks to a surge in iron ore prices, as reported by the Australian Financial Review.
- Macarthur sets up infrastructure to boost Esperance trade
Macarthur Minerals is nearing completion for a path to market for the Moonshine magnetite deposits at the Lake Giles iron project in Western Australia.
- Follow the leaders: This week’s executive movements
Keep up with the latest executive appointments across the mining sector, headlined by the resignation of Stanmore Coal chief executive Craig McCabe.
- Mining outdoes nation-wide economic performance
The mining industry has bucked the national trend with an increase in output during the June quarter, according to Minister for Resources, Water and Northern Australia Keith Pitt.
- GHH secures partnership with local turn-key solutions provider
GHH, a German manufacturer of mining, tunnelling and civil engineering machinery, has set out to grow its Australian market presence.