- Atlas Copco
- Atlas Iron
- Australian Mining
- BHP Billiton
- bowen basin mining club
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Hancock Prospecting
- iron ore
- Mike Henry
- mining safety
- Newcrest Mining
- New Hope
- Origin Energy
- OZ Minerals
- Pilbara Minerals
- Port Hedland
- Rio Tinto
- Roy Hill
- South Africa
- south flank
- takeover bid
- Utah Point
- BHP boosts first-half dividend as commodity prices strengthen
BHP has joined the industry trend of lifting returns to shareholders by significantly increasing its dividend for the first half of the 2018 financial year.
- Northern Star’s Jundee operation set for additional 10-year mine life
Northern Star has posted its half-year results, and while profits were down slightly the feeling is positive overall due in part to exciting exploration results.
- EY report shows four-year high for mining deals in 2017
Global mining and metals deals saw a 15 per cent boost in 2017, according to a report from the accountants at Ernst & Young (EY), reaching a four-year high for mining deals overall.
- Western Areas set to capitalise on EV battery demand
Nickel miner Western Areas is receiving increased interest in its product from the electric vehicle (EV) battery sector, which is pursuing off-take agreements at two of the company’s growth projects.
- The benefits of load testing: why it’s vital to ensure your gear is adequately tested
Load testing equipment in the mining industry can ensure that potential problems and risks are identified before they present a serious issue in the future, including downtime and unnecessary costs. SEW-EURODRIVE, working with CNC Design, has established a state-of-the-art system to load test up to 500kW power and up to 600,000Nm torque.
- Aeris gains final approval on Torrens copper JV in South Australia
Aeris Resources has received approval from the South Australian minister for Aboriginal affairs and reconciliation, meaning its Torrens copper-gold joint venture (JV) in the Stuart Shelf region can now go ahead.
- Monadelphous rides resources industry recovery
The rebound in market conditions in the resources industry is driving an improvement in engineering company Monadelphous’ performance.
- MCA appeals for education, workplace relations reform to secure industry future
The Minerals Council of Australia (MCA) has called for a reform of Australia’s higher education system and for outdated workplace relations to be fixed to build the future workforce in the industry.
- Proximity detection systems now crucial for operating a safe mining site
Strata Worldwide, a global leader in mine safety innovation, has been working internationally and locally to improve safety in the mining industry through advanced technologies including proximity detection systems.
- How to Control Cabin Respirable Mine Dust Exposures and Comply with Occupational Exposure Limits (OEL)
“Imagine having to breathe through a tiny tube that will continue to shrink in size over time: this is one of the many health risks posed from respirable mine dust.”
- Evolution-Emmerson plan restructure of Tennant Creek JV
Evolution Mining and Emmerson Resources are set to restructure their Tennant Creek Mineral Field (TCMF) joint venture in the Northern Territory.
- FMG achieves $2bn milestone with Aboriginal business program
Fortescue Metals Group (FMG) has announced that its Billion Opportunities programme, commenced in 2011 to promote sustainable business for Aboriginal communities, has just passed $2 billion in funding.
- Mincor keeps Widgiemooltha gold production on schedule
Mincor Resources is on track to start full-scale mining operations at the Widgiemooltha gold project in Western Australia this quarter.
- Rio Tinto affirms commitment to power delivery for Mongolian mine
Rio Tinto has expressed its commitment to seeking a new power delivery solution for its part-owned Oyu Tolgoi copper-gold mine following the Mongolian Government’s cancellation of 2014’s Power Sector Cooperation Agreement (PSCA).
- Millennium to launch underground mine, awards contract
Millennium Minerals has awarded an underground mining contract at it Nullagine gold project in Western Australia to GBF Underground Mining.
- VISA Global Logistics joins MEGATRANS2018
Award-winning Australian international logistics company and freight forwarder, VISA Global Logistics, is joining inaugural supply chain event, MEGATRANS2018, to showcase its service offerings.
- Santos wins $100m gas supply contract for Century mine restart
Santos has secured a $100 million contract to supply gas to New Century Resources’ Mt Isa power generation facilities for the Century zinc mine in Queensland.
- Newcrest profits drop 48% due to Cadia earthquake, Aussie dollar strength
Gold miner Newcrest Mining has released its half-year results, posting a statutory profit of $98 million and underlying profit of $116 million as it produced 1.14 million ounces (Moz) of gold.
- Adani has Federal Court win
An attempt to stop Adani Australia from registering an Indigenous land use agreement (ILUA) for its Carmichael coal development in Queensland’s Galilee Basin has been rejected in Federal Court.
- Eastern Field makes Finders takeover offer unconditional due to lack of other bidders
Indonesian copper consortium Eastern Field Developments, formed last September in preparation for a hostile takeover of Finders Resources, has decided to make its bid unconditional, citing lack of interest from potential “white knight” suitors.