- Barrick Gold
- coal mining
- Dacian Gold
- Independence Group
- joint venture
- mineral sands
- Minerals Council of Australia
- mt morgans
- NSW Minerals Council
- Olympic Dam
- Paladin Energy
- Papua New Guinea
- Peabody Energy
- Queensland Resources Council
- rare earths
- Rio Tinto
- South Africa
- thermal coal
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Cat 797F mining truck passes the emissions test
The Cat 797F ultra-class mining truck has become available in a fuel-efficient configuration that meets US EPA Tier 4 Final emissions standards.
- BHP stakes $US6 million in clean energy company
BHP has invested $US6 million ($8.47 million) in Canadian clean energy company Carbon Engineering.
- Australia-Indonesia trade deal to promote METS sector
Australia and Indonesia have signed a trade deal that will bring greater opportunities for Australia’s mining equipment, technology and services (METS) companies.
- Riversdale takes time to consider Hancock takeover bid
The board of Riversdale Resources has recommended shareholders take no action relating to a takeover offer received from Hancock Prospecting last week.
- Newmont rejects $25bn Barrick takeover bid
Barrick Gold’s hostile $US18 billion ($24.8 billion) takeover offer for Newmont Mining has hit its first hurdle after being unanimously rejected by the target.
- Adani takes aim at Greens proposal to stop Galilee Basin coal mining
A private member’s bill introduced by the Greens proposing to ban coal mining in the Galilee Basin region of Queensland has drawn the ire of coal company Adani.
- Sedgman continues debate with Heron over Woodlawn costs
Sedgman is persisting in its claim for additional costs related to works at the Woodlawn project despite rejection from the contract superintendent.
- Orminex scoops Penny’s Find gold mine from Empire
Orminex has acquired Penny’s Find gold mine in Western Australia from Empire Resources, marking the mine’s second change of hands in less than six months.
- Kalium Lakes to become one of world’s lowest cost potash producers
Kalium Lakes’ front-end engineering design (FEED) works at its Beyondie sulphate of potash project (BSOPP) in Western Australia have delivered improved production and financial outcomes.
- Vale CEO steps down over dam disaster
Vale chief executive officer Fabio Schvartsman has temporarily resigned from his role due to controversy related to the Brumadinho tailings dam disaster in Brazil in January.
- Hancock-owned company invests in Victorian gold project
Gold Exploration Victoria (GEV) is investing just over $13 million to acquire around 11 per cent of Perth-based explorer Catalyst Metals.
- Coolgardie Minerals enters voluntary administration
Coolgardie Minerals has entered voluntary administration following the commencement of gold ore production at its Geko project in Western Australia in November last year.
- Australia achieves record gold production in 2018
Australia’s gold producers have capitalised on a surging price for the precious metal by delivering an all-time production record last year.
- BMA builds Bowen Basin apprenticeship program
BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) has welcomed a large intake of local apprentices to sites across the Bowen Basin, Queensland.
- Westgold cancels purchase of Doray gold projects
Westgold Resources will not go ahead with its planned purchase of Doray Minerals’ Andy Well and Gnaweeda gold projects announced in December last year.
- Western Australia up to second in rankings as a place to invest
Western Australia is the only Australian state or territory to feature in the top 10 of the Fraser Institute’s annual survey of mining companies for the second straight year.
- Hastings Deering delivers haul truck service contract for New Hope
New Hope Group has completed a $10 million refit of its large haul trucks at the New Acland coal mine in Queensland.
- Major contracts push Decmil to strong start in 2019
Several Tier 1 mining contracts have helped push engineering contractor Decmil into profitability in its first-half report for 2019.
- OZ Minerals, Unearthed to speed up mineral exploration with $1m competition
OZ Minerals has released two terabytes of project data online for the discovery of new exploration targets at the Mount Woods tenements of the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine in South Australia.
- BGC ramps up contracting business sale process
BGC is exploring options for the sale of the group’s national contract mining, maintenance and civil construction business, BGC Contracting.