- battery metals
- Core Lithium
- Ernst and Young
- Internet of Things
- iron ore
- Keith Pitt
- mark mcgowan
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- supply chain
- West Africa
- Western Australia
- Rare coloured diamonds to be unearthed in Canada
EHR Resources has partnered with North Arrow Minerals to explore the Naujaat diamond project in Canada under a new agreement.
- Inmarsat launches Tailings Insight to support safer management
Inmarsat has launched a new Internet of Things (IoT) solution for monitoring mining tailings storage facilities.
- Newcrest raises $200m on top of billion-dollar placement
Newcrest Mining has raised an additional $200 million, after attracting $1 billion in funding during April, to support its gold expansion in Ecuador.
- Evolution considers sale of Cracow gold mine
Evolution Mining has confirmed media speculation that it is evaluating the divestment of the Cracow gold mine in Queensland.
- Newmont on track to reach 2020 emissions targets
Newmont has significantly reduced greenhouse gas emissions across its operations, with the company’s 2019 sustainability report showing that it has almost fulfilled this year’s targets.
- Iron ore prices break $US100/t
Iron ore prices have moved beyond $US100 ($147) per tonne this week following supply concerns and uncertainty in the iron ore market due to worsening COVID-19 situation in Brazil.
- Hastings Deering to offer 40 apprenticeship positions
Hastings Deering is set to open applications for its 2021 apprenticeship program to fill 40 new positions across Queensland and the Northern Territory.
- Vulcan Energy strengthens European lithium project through sustainability initiatives
Vulcan Energy Resources has doubled its share price since its low point in March, when COVID-19 struck global markets.
- Alliance pursue next major nickel discovery
Australian Vanadium, Lithium Australia and private company Mercator Metals have banded together to explore nickel sulphides in the Coates Mafic Intrusion, part of Australian Vanadium’s Coates project near Perth in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto to review plans for Aboriginal site
Rio Tinto intends to urgently review mining plans at the Juukan Gorge area in Western Australia after the company detonated explosives at a sacred Indigenous site.
- Fortescue loses bid to appeal court decision over Pilbara land
The High Court on Friday dismissed Fortescue Metals Group’s application to appeal a native title decision covering its Solomon iron ore mine in Western Australia.
- High Aussie gold prices contribute to lower production: Surbiton
Australian gold production fell by 10 tonnes, or 12 per cent from the previous quarter during the March period, according to gold consultants Surbiton Associates.
- Monadelphous revels in $150m of contract wins
Monadelphous Group has secured construction and maintenance contracts, including with four Australian mining giants, worth a combined value of around $150 million.
- Middle Island to launch Sandstone second phase drilling this week
Middle Island Resources has encountered a fifth new gold deposit that concluded its first drilling campaign at the Sandstone project in Western Australia this year.
- BMA, Adani to hire local QLD residents
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) and Adani Mining are recruiting their future workers, with applications for each company’s apprenticeship and graduate programs now open.
- Fortescue commits $20m in aid to Solomon contractors
Fortescue Metals Group has approved $20 million in financial support for nine Aboriginal contractors.
- BHP announced as key sponsor for Austmine 2021 innovation event
BHP is backing Austmine’s next mining innovation conference, which will be held in Perth on May 25-27 next year.
- Endeavour Awards finalists 2020
The finalists of the 17th Endeavour Awards have been announced despite the challenges that the manufacturing sector faces.
- Components Only new commercial manager sets sights on growth
Brisbane-based Components Only, the high-profile supplier of heavy equipment components, has welcomed Jeffery Chua to its expanding operations.
- Rio Tinto reveals breakthrough scandium extraction from waste
Rio Tinto has uncovered a new method to recover high-purity scandium oxide using waste from the production of titanium dioxide at its production facilities in Canada.