- Andrew Mackenzie
- Focus Minerals
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road
- Illawarra Coal
- iron ore
- Maules Creek
- metallurgical coal
- Newcrest Mining
- OZ Minerals
- Papua New Guinea
- renewable energy
- Rio Tinto
- south flank
- St Barbara
- Top News
- St Barbara hits production target amid takeover talks
St Barbara has met its revised 2019 production guidance, while remaining on track to acquire Canada’s Atlantic Gold.
- Components Only sets sights on key mining hubs abroad
Rapidly growing Australian business Components Only is establishing offices in the high-profile mining regions of Chile and Mongolia.
- Altura inks new offtake agreement from lithium mine
Altura Mining has signed an offtake agreement with Chinese lithium materials producer Shandong Ruifu from its Altura lithium mine in Pilgangoora, Western Australia.
- Women in Energy & Resources Leadership Summit comes to Brisbane for 10th year
Given the statistics, progress for gender parity appears slow, but the industry is experiencing an encouraging shift in the attitudes across the global energy and resources sector.
- QLD launches expert reviews to investigate safety performance
The Queensland Government has initiated two independent reviews to identify changes needed to improve health and safety in the state’s mines following a spate fatal incidents.
- Kalium Lakes awards Beyondie contract to Jaylon
Jaylon Environmental Systems will supply and install evaporation pond liners for Kalium Lakes’ Beyondie sulphate of potash (SOP) project in Western Australia as part of a $15 million contract.
- South32 updates Worsley mine expansion plan
South32 Worsley Alumina has submitted a revised proposal to the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) regarding the expansion of its Worsley mine in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto drives WA regional economy through FIFO program
Rio Tinto’s fly-in fly-out (FIFO) program has delivered strong economic benefits for regional towns in Western Australia through employment and high spending.
- Thyssenkrupp sets 2050 target for climate neutrality
Industrial engineering group thyssenkrupp has launched an official plan of action in a bid to reduce carbon emissions and be climate neutral by 2050.
- Australia needs more gas supply, not govt intervention: APPEA
The Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association (APPEA) plans to work closely with the Australian Government on any proposed gas market reforms.
- Jemena begins Atlas gas pipeline construction
Jemena has commenced construction of the Atlas gas pipeline south-west of Wandoan, Queensland.
- Western Areas pushes Odysseus expansion towards first nickel
Western Areas continues to expand its Odysseus project in Western Australia through the development of further orebodies, while completing its early works program on schedule.
- BHP studies Oak Dam with new exploration approach
The Oak Dam copper discovery in South Australia is still not locked in to become a new project despite ongoing drilling efforts, according to BHP.
- QLD to hold crisis talks following latest tragic incident
The Queensland Government and resources industry will stage urgent discussions about the mining sector’s safety performance this week in light of four tragedies in the past six months.
- Silver Lake follows IGO with Encounter investment
Silver Lake Resources has become a substantial shareholder in Encounter Resources as part of Encounter’s capital raising plans of approximately $1.4 million.
- Argosy moves Rincon into production
Australian-based Argosy Minerals has launched lithium carbonate production at the Rincon lithium project in the Salta province of Argentina.
- Junior explorers receive up to $30 million tax credits
The latest round of the Junior Minerals Exploration Incentive (JMEI) has been oversubscribed, with 43 companies successfully applying for the $30 million of available credits for the 2019–20 year.
- Fortescue launches $500 million Eliwana contract spree
Fortescue Metals Group is expecting to hand out a further $500 million in contracts by the end 2019 as part of its construction of the Eliwana mine and rail development.
- Operations halted at Baralaba North following tragic incident
A Golding worker has died at the Baralaba North coal mine in the Bowen Basin, Queensland. Operations have been suspended at the site until further notice.
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most read articles on the Australian Mining website over the past week, including Woodside’s plan to create thousands of jobs to develop the Burrup Hub.