- Anglo American
- Atlantic Gold
- Boss Resources
- Bowen Basin
- Century zinc mine
- CIMIC Group
- Curragh mine
- Escondida mine
- Gina Rinehart
- Independence Group
- Jimblebar mine
- joint venture
- Mark Cutifani
- Matt Canavan
- Metals X
- Mike Henry
- New Century Resources
- Nickel West
- OZ Minerals
- Perth Mint
- Regis Resources
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- St Barbara
- Top News
- Western Areas
- BHP embraces technological greatness in changing times
BHP vice president technology global transformation Rag Udd has highlighted how leadership, education and the link between humanity and automation are shaping the future of the company and mining industry.
- Segnut innovation reduces hefty maintenance costs
Mining maintenance spending in Australia is expected to rise by more than 60 per cent annually to $12 billion by 2022, according to fastener manufacturer Segnut.
- Horizon continues West Australian gold re-shuffle
Horizon Minerals has completed an $8 million sale of its Menzies and Goongarrie gold projects in Western Australia to Kingwest Resources.
- Meteoric unveils gold bonanza at Juruena
Meteoric Resources has unearthed ‘bonanza grades’ at the Juruena project’s Dona Maria Prospect in Brazil.
- Kepco Bylong coal project rejected due to environmental impacts
The New South Wales Independent Planning Commission has rejected a request by Kepco Bylong to develop an open cut and underground coal mine near Mudgee.
- Barrick signals major gold discovery outside Newmont Goldcorp JV
Barrick Gold has flagged a significant gold discovery that could deliver at least one more Tier 1 gold mine at its Goldrush-Fourmile project in Nevada.
- BHP CEO suffers pay cut following mining tragedy
BHP has slashed the salary of chief executive Andrew Mackenzie in response to operational issues and a fatality involving a coal miner in Queensland last year.
- WestStar bags BHP contract at South Flank
WestStar Industrial subsidiaries SIMPEC and Precast Australia have continued to pile up top tier contracted works such as the South Flank iron ore project in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Saudi Arabia to resume oil production following drone attacks
Oil prices have spiked after 10 unmanned aerial vehicles attacked the world’s biggest crude-processing facility and its second-biggest oil field, both in Saudi Arabia.
- Minnovare partnership with Maptek enhances drill and blast results
Minnovare and Maptek have partnered to deliver streamlined drill and blast solutions to underground miners.
- The ABB digital mine
ABB has a comprehensive portfolio of products and solutions – including ABB Ability, a suite of digital solutions – that are transforming the way mines operate.
- New Hope prepares 150 New Acland workers for redundancy
New Hope Group is set to make 150 New Acland workers redundant by Friday as its stage three project continues to be in abeyance pending final approvals.
- Byerwen coal mine opens to boost QLD economy
The opening of the Byerwen coal mine in North Queensland has been welcomed by the resources industry given its anticipated contribution to the state’s economy.
- Walkabout challenges claims of slowing Chinese graphite demand
According to Walkabout Resources, a previously reported “sudden and material decrease” in spot prices for all graphite flake sizes in China has not occurred.
- Mining technology transformation could deliver $74bn to economy
The adoption of new technologies in the mining, oil and gas sectors could bring $74 billion to the Australian economy by 2030 and over 80,000 jobs creation.
- Evolution expands exploration portfolio through $18m Musgrave JV
Evolution Mining has formed a joint venture with Musgrave Minerals over the Lake Austin portion of the Cue gold-copper project in Western Australia.
- BHP builds off diversity to bolster Australian contribution
BHP’s bottom line and the wider Australian economy have benefitted off a year of high commodity prices and solid operational performance.
- Australian mining needs 21,000 new workers by 2024
Australia’s mining industry will require around 21,000 new onsite operational employees by 2024 in order to meet the demand for new mining projects.
- Titan eyes Ecuador with Core Gold bid
Titan Minerals is set to make an offer to acquire Canadian-based Core Gold in a bid to create an “emerging Latin American-focussed gold explorer, developer and producer.”
- Pentium secures Fortescue contract, mobilises at Olympic Dam
Vysarn subsidiary Pentium Hydro has won a $800,000 purchase order for hydrogeological borefield and construction services from Fortescue subsidiary – Chichester Metals.