- Anglo American
- battery metals
- bauxite hills
- Bowen Basin
- Dacian Gold
- electric vehicles
- Energy Resources of Australia
- Hancock Prospecting
- haul truck
- metro mining
- Mineral Resources
- mineral sands
- mining equipment
- mt morgans
- Newcrest Mining
- Ranger mine
- Rio Tinto
- Roy Hill
- Sheffield Resources
- South Australia
- Top News
- Minprovise opens workshop in the Pilbara
Minprovise has opened its new Karratha-based workshop as part of an ongoing commitment to deliver projects efficiently to Pilbara-based clients and sites.
- Stavely expands gold footprint in Tasmania and Victoria
Stavely Minerals has announced its high-grade gold exploration portfolio on the eastern seaboard of Australia, expanding with strategic acquisitions in Tasmania and Victoria.
- Magic crystals to enable future of electric cars
CSIRO and Monash University’s Matthew Hill will receive the Solomon Award for his ground-breaking development, magic crystals, winning against dozens of applications from cleaning gases and liquids to mining and drug production.
- Australian gold production drops from all-time highs
Australia’s gold mine output in the September quarter declined by five per cent to 78 tonnes, according to Melbourne-based mining experts, Surbiton Associates.
- Saracen finalises Super Pit takeover
Saracen Mineral Holdings has successfully completed its acquisition of 50 per cent interest in the Kalgoorlie Super Pit from Barrick Gold Corporation.
- Uranium support gains strength amid nuclear ban
Four in 10 Australians want the ban on nuclear power lifted, according to a polling by JWS Research.
- China set to grab Alita Resources
Alita Resources, previously Alliance Mineral Assets, has announced its proposed Deed of Company Arrangement (DoCA) discussions with China Hydrogen Limited.
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most popular stories on Australian Mining over the past week, including Metals X’s operation suspension at the Nifty mine in Western Australia.
- NRW locks in funds for BGC buy
NRW Holdings has taken little time to secure commitments for the funding it requires to complete a $116.4 million acquisition of BGC Contracting.
- Flinders secures Pilbara agreements with BBI Group
Flinders Mines has formed a farm-in incorporated joint venture with BBI Group for its flagship Pilbara iron ore project (PIOP).
- SA Government pulls a crowd to unearth mineral deposits
The South Australian Government is launching an open data competition that it hopes will lead to the discovery of the next Olympic Dam or Carrapateena deposit.
- Metso climate target given green light
The Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) has approved Metso’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emission targets.
- OZ Minerals solidifies Brazilian strategy with Vale
OZ Minerals has started construction of its Pedra Branca underground copper-gold mine in the Carajás, Brazil.
- Anglo American offloads Grosvenor stake to Japanese
Anglo American has equalised the ownership structure of its Moranbah North and Grosvenor metallurgical coal operations in Queensland.
- Alkane drives NSW gold exploration with funding plan
Alkane Resources plans to fund future exploration at its highly prospective East Lachlan assets in New South Wales with a $54.8 million capital raising.
- NRW seals deal to acquire BGC Contracting
NRW Holdings has confirmed it will buy BGC Contracting in a transformational deal that gives the target an enterprise value of $310 million.
- Adani awards $35m Carmichael contract to Wagners
Wagners has secured the lead contractor role to deliver a quarry operations package worth at least $35 million for the Carmichael project in the Galilee Basin.
- Fortescue contracts Pentium across Pilbara mines
Vysarn subsidiary Pentium Hydro will provide Fortescue Metals Group with drilling and construction services under a new contract.
- Rio Tinto expands Indigenous engagement
The Centre of Excellence for Indigenous Minerals Development has announced Rio Tinto will be a founding partner, adding to the company’s global indigenous-engaged programs.
- BHP’s next CEO to take tech to the next level
BHP’s next chief executive Mike Henry has placed technology front and centre in his first speech as CEO to-be.