- digital mining
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Evolution Mining
- Gold Fields
- Gold Road
- iron ore
- metallurgical coal
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- Rockwell Automation
- Sandfire Resources
- Surat Basin
- Surbiton Associates
- thermal coal
- Western Australia
- New Hope on track for larger Bengalla stake
New Hope has sealed the deal on its acquisition of Wesfarmers’ stake in the Bengalla joint venture (JV) in the Hunter Valley, New South Wales.
- Queensland coal industry enjoys exploration surge
The Queensland resources sector is experiencing increased exploration spending, particularly in the coal sector, according to a report from the Queensland Exploration Council (QEC).
- Lucapa ramps up capacity at Mothae diamond mine
Lucapa Diamond company has commenced its commercial diamond recoveries at Mothae kimberlite diamond mine in Lesotho, Southern Africa.
- Tawana ceases trading following Alliance merger
Tawana Resources saw its last day of public trading yesterday as its long-planned merger with Alliance Mineral Assets came into effect.
- Havilah reveals South Australian iron ore discovery
Havilah Resources has reported the discovery of a significant iron ore deposit in the Grants Iron Ore Basin in South Australia.
- Contractor Wolff Mining recognised for automation excellence
Wolff Mining has received the Contract Miner of the Year Award for its innovative work at the Curragh mine in Queensland.
- The Advitech Group celebrates a 30 year contribution to industry
The Advitech Group has delivering science, technology, engineering, mathematics and manufacturing (STEM&M) solutions to industry — locally, nationally and internationally — since 1988.
- Western Australia leads rise in exploration spending
Mineral exploration is trending up, with a 3.6 per cent quarterly growth to $561.4 million in the September quarter according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).
- Cobalt Blue puts Thackaringa JV dilution into effect
Cobalt Blue now holds 93.68 per cent interest in the Thackaringa cobalt project, and Broken Hill the remaining 6.32 per cent after the latter had failed to submit payment for the bankable feasibility study.
- SIMPEC secures contract at Rio Tinto iron ore project
SIMPEC has won a $4 million contract at Rio Tinto’s $US579 million ($787 million) Robe River joint venture project, West Angelas, in the Pilbara.
- Image Resources ramps up production at Boonanarring
Image Resources has commenced production ramp-up at its 100 per cent-owned Boonanarring mineral sands project in the North Perth Basin, Western Australia.
- Mining committee calls for royalty reform for Australia’s regions
A government committee report chaired by Barnaby Joyce has recommended a series of steps be taken to ensure mining wealth is fairly distributed back to regional Australians.
- Valmec extends Australia Pacific LNG contract
Valmec has been awarded $25 million of services and construction contracts, including a renewal of its long-term services contract with Origin Energy at the Australia Pacific LNG project in Queensland.
- Gold production to accelerate at Edna Beryl
Territory Resources has purchased the Edna Beryl Mining Company (EBMC) in the Northern Territory as part of its strategic alliance with Emmerson Resources.
- Rio Tinto recreates life on coral reef in Western Australia
Rio Tinto’s commitment to environmental sustainability has proven what has never been done before: vibrancy of life can be orchestrated on human-made reef.
- Rio Tinto CEO targets a reinvention of mining
Rio Tinto chief executive officer Jean-Sebastien Jacques wants mining to reinvent itself and pioneer the industry into the 21st century
- Fortescue well-placed for Chinese demand with new iron ore fines
Fortescue Metals Group is preparing to meet changing Chinese demand for iron ore with its new West Pilbara Fines product.
- AVZ adds size to world’s biggest lithium-rich deposit
AVZ Minerals has reported an increase in the size of the world’s largest hard rock spodumene deposit at its 60 per cent-owned Manono project in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Kirkland Lake unearths a golden era at Fosterville
Kirkland Lake Gold is confident the best is yet to come from its Fosterville mine near Bendigo.
- Skills shortage drives up wages
In the midst of mining skills shortage, the rate of employees who received a pay rise in the last year has jumped, Mining People International has revealed.