- Altura Mining
- Anglo American
- Ashton Coal
- base metals
- Bowen Basin
- Dalgaranga gold project
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Gascoyne Resources
- gold project
- Hunter Valley
- iron ore
- Kin Mining
- metallurgical coal
- mining investment
- Newcrest Mining
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- Papua New Guinea
- St Barbara
- Western Australia
- Westgold Resources to sell South Kalgoorlie Operations to Northern Star for $80m
Westgold Resources has announced that it is selling its South Kalgoorlie Operations to Northern Star Resources in an attempt to focus efforts on its Murchison assets.
- Gina Rinehart holds firm on Forbes rich list with $US17.4bn
Hancock Prospecting chair Gina Rinehart has been joined by her children on the 2018 Forbes rich list.
- Rio Tinto to launch driverless trucks at fifth iron ore mine
Rio Tinto will expand its autonomous truck operations to the West Angelas mine this year, giving it five iron ore sites with driverless vehicles in the Pilbara of Western Australia.
- Sandvik delivers next generation of OptiMine
Sandvik’s OptiMine, a modular set of digital tools delivering transparency and control to underground mining operations, is evolving with a new performance-enhancing data analytics solution.
- AVZ signs deal with Guangzhou for potential Manono lithium offtake
AVZ Minerals has signed an agreement with Chinese enterprise Guangzhou Tinci Materials for the latter’s potential investment and offtake in AVZ’s 60 per cent-owned Manono lithium project in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
- Another Greenbushes lithium expansion on the cards
Western Australia’s Greenbushes, the world’s largest lithium mine, could be set for another significant expansion in response to growing demand from the battery and electric vehicle (EV) sectors.
- Itochu to accelerate Karin coking coal project development with Vitrinite
Queensland-based coking coal company Virtinite, owners of several assets in the Bowen Basin, has signed an agreement with Japanese trading company Itochu Corporation to fast-track development of the former’s highly prospective Karin deposit.
- Senior resources executives named as mining awards judges
The Bowen Basin Mining Club has announced a panel of six mining industry leaders as the peer judges for the 2018 Queensland Mining Awards.
- MOD plans to ‘turbo charge’ copper projects
MOD Resources is aiming to “turbo charge growth” at its assets in the Kalahari copper belt in Botswana, Africa.
- New CFMEU-led ‘super union’ to go ahead, gets FWC approval
The Fair Work Commission (FWC) has approved the formation of a new union between the Construction, Forestry, Maritime, Mining and Energy Union (CFMEU), Textile Clothing & Footwear Union of Australia (TCFUA) and Maritime Union of Australia (MUA).
- Australia tops the world in nine commodities
Federal Government statistics have been released showing that Australia has the world’s largest identified resources in nine major mineral commodities.
- Rock crusher measuring is made safer with VEGA’s VEGAPULS 69 sensor
VEGA’s non-contact, continuous level measurement system VEGAPULS 69 continues to prove its versatility in bulk solid measuring, being utilised for the purpose of rock crusher level control, a suitably high-risk operation.
- Metals exploration spending expected to rise by 20 per cent in 2018
Global spend on nonferrous metals exploration is expected to rise by 20 per cent in 2018, in keeping with recent trends. Spend in 2017 reached around $US8.4 billion ($10.8 billion), up from $US7.3 billion in 2016, a 14 per cent year-on-year increase. According to a report from World Exploration Trends (WET) developed in association with … Continue reading Metals exploration spending expected to rise by 20 per cent in 2018
- RPMGlobal announces product partnership with Komatsu-owned MineWare
Komatsu subsidiary company MineWare is planning to integrate its weighting and positioning solutions for draglines, shovels and hydraulic loading equipment with RPMGlobal’s short-term scheduling solutions.
- Peabody orders Cat longwall with advanced automation for North Goonyella
Peabody Energy has ordered a complete Cat longwall mining system for its North Goonyella coal mine located in central Queensland.
- Stanmore Coal granted mining leases for Isaac Plains Complex in QLD
Stanmore Coal has announced that mining leases for its Isaac Plains East (IPE) project have been granted alongside Commonwealth Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act (EPBC Act) approvals.
- Australian miners save millions with better risk management
As the mining industry evolves, the role of the industry insurer has to evolve with it.
- Komatsu’s Brisbane ‘Hackathon’ proves a success for startups
Komatsu’s three-day, Queensland-based ‘hackathon’, Komatsu: Transform Mining, took place at River City Labs in Brisbane from February 23–25, with tech startup PETRA Data Science taking the event’s top award. The company took first place in the competition for its ShovelVision AI prototype. Brisbane was chosen by Komatsu for the event due to its reputation as … Continue reading Komatsu’s Brisbane ‘Hackathon’ proves a success for startups
- Earthquake puts PNG LNG eight weeks away from production
It may take up to eight weeks to repair and restore production at the PNG LNG project following last week’s earthquake in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea, according to the operation’s joint venture partners.
- Sedgman wins $40m EPC contract at Century zinc mine
New Century Resources has awarded a $40 million engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract to Sedgman for the Century zinc mine restart in Queensland.