- Curtin University
- Donald Trump
- Ian Macfarlane
- iron ore
- Lithium Australia
- mining technology
- New Century Resources
- Northern Star Resources
- Port Hedland
- Queensland Resources Council
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- Top News
- Weir Minerals
- Western Areas
- women in mining
- Lithium prices move out of gloom
Lithium prices are showing promise of breaking a downward spell that has spanned almost three year after rising for the first time this year, according to Benchmark Mineral Intelligence.
- Kathleen Valley hosts large hard rock resource: Liontown
Liontown Resources has taken the next step in establishing the Kathleen Valley lithium-tantalum project in Western Australia, having commenced project’s definitive feasibility study (DFS).
- Lucapa banks record carat price at Mothae
Lucapa Diamond Company has reaped $US5.6 million ($7.2 million) from this year’s first sale of diamonds from the Mothae kimberlite mine in Lesotho, Africa.
- Tianqi shareholders vote in favour of IGO JV
IGO has received strong support from Tianqi Lithium Energy’s shareholders for its plans to become a joint venture (JV) partner.
- BHP trials Toyota EVs at Nickel West
BHP and Toyota have joined forces to trial light electric vehicles (LEV) at the Nickel West operations in Western Australia.
- Port Hedland kickstarts LNG transition for iron ore exports
The Port of Port Hedland in Western Australia has docked its first LNG-fuelled vessel to commence a focus on lower emissions in the maritime industry.
- Gold-copper explorer makes ASX debut
Torrens Mining has made its first appearance on the ASX this week after raising $10 million to progress its gold and copper exploration in Australia and Papua New Guinea.
- End of ERA at Ranger mine
Energy Resources of Australia (ERA) will halt processing activities at the Ranger mine in the Northern Territory today after four decades of operation.
- Researchers remove cyanide from gold leaching process
Researchers from Curtin University have delivered a technology that will significantly enhance the leaching rates for gold ore without using cyanide.
- Trek gains Fortescue, De Grey-endorsed exploration targets
Trek Metals is set to expand its footprint in Western Australia’s Pilbara region, having secured an agreement to acquire gold and iron ore tenements from Tambourah Mines.
- NT Government grants KGL authority to mine Jervois
The Northern Territory Government has approved KGL Resources’ mining management plan to develop the Jervois copper project after the mining company completed a pre-feasibility study.
- Peel bullish on copper focus with $17m acquisition
Peel Mining has regained complete ownership of its Mallee Bull copper and May Day gold deposits in New South Wales via a $17 million deal with CBH Resources.
- LPI restarts Greenbushes lithium exploration as market resurrects
Lithium Power International (LPI) is set to restart its lithium exploration in Western Australia, with a focus on the Greenbushes project in the state’s South West region.
- Ramelius gold production outperforms expectations
Ramelius Resources has exceeded its gold production guidance for the December 2020 quarter, with 72,896 ounces to round out the calendar year.
- Oxbotica to launch autonomous mining vehicle software
Oxbotica plans to accelerate its worldwide deployment of autonomous software for the mining industry after being backed by a suite of global investors.
- Follow the leaders: This week’s executive movements
Keep up with the latest executive movements across the mining sector, including at Rio Tinto, IGO, CIMIC Group and more.
- Lithium market poised for recovery: Pilbara Minerals
Pilbara Minerals has reached record December quarter shipments at the Pilgangoora lithium-tantalum project in Western Australia while flagging a rebound in the lithium market.
- Aeris to bolster Cracow’s future with Pride
Aeris Resources chairman Andre Labuschagne believes that a 260 per cent mineral resource increase at the Roses Pride deposit will revitalise the Cracow gold mine in Queensland.
- Chalice gains access to Julimar Forest
Chalice Mining has received permission to extend exploration for the Julimar nickel-copper-platinum group element project in Western Australia to the Julimar State Forest.
- Argonaut Resources to advance prospect near Carrapateena
Argonaut Resources has been granted approval by the South Australian Government to conduct a major drilling program around the western shoreline of Lake Torrens and Andamooka Island and the Carrapateena Well.