- Andrew Mackenzie
- Atlas Iron
- Bowen Basin
- Carmichael mine
- Evolution Mining
- Galilee Basin
- Hancock Prospecting
- iron ore
- mining jobs
- New South Wales
- Northern Star Resources
- Northern Territory
- oil and gas
- Rio Tinto
- Surat Basin
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- Auroch awards South Australian contracts to DDH1
Base metals explorer Auroch Minerals has appointed DDH1 Drilling to undertake aggressive maiden drilling programs at the Arden and Bonaventura projects in South Australia.
- Loadscan’s guide to optimising payloads
Loadscan explains how mining companies can know if their hauling activities are as productive as they should be.
- Qteq secures NT jobs with expansion contract
Following on from the acquisition of Surtech Systems and WellServ announced in May, georesources-focused Qteq has secured a contract for environmental logging in the Northern Territory.
- OptiFlox chemistry deployed for Phoenix Process trial in Bowen Basin
SciDev’s OptiFlox polymer system designed for process water and wastewater treatment is being trialled at a major coking coal site in the Northern Bowen Basin, Queensland.
- Dacian fast tracks Mt Morgans with $37m raising
Dacian Gold plans to raise $37 million to accelerate its exploration programs at the Westralia and Cameron Well projects at the Mt Morgans gold operation in Western Australia.
- Phoenix Contact delivers better safety cover with five-year warranty
Customers of Phoenix Contact can now extend the warranty of their power supplies products to five years, when they install a surge protection device with the products.
- Rio Tinto signs $200m Pilbara tug boat contract
Rio Tinto has signed a five-year contract with Perth company Westug for iron ore towage services at the Port of Cape Lambert and Port of Dampier in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
- Alpha Fine Chemicals to build new high-tech nickel plant in WA
Nickel producer Alpha Fine Chemicals (AFC) is set to build and operate a nickel sulphate plant at Kwinana south of Perth in Western Australia.
- Lucapa spree of 100ct Lulo diamonds continues
Lucapa Diamond Company has recovered the 11th diamond in excess of 100ct at the Lulo diamond project in Angola, Africa.
- Resolute adds three years to Ravenswood mine life
Resolute Mining has extended the mine life of the Ravenswood gold operation in Queensland by three years through a mine expansion project.
- Flexco transfers productivity increases with FlowFirst design
Flexco uses the Tasman Warajay Technology to deliver operational improvements for mining companies requiring transfer chute replacements.
- Regis Resources posts another gold production record
Regis Resources has hit record annual production at the Duketon operation in Western Australia during the 2018 financial year.
- Sandfire forms strategic relationship with White Rock over Red Mountain project
White Rock Minerals has entered into a partnership with Sandfire Resources for development of its 100 per cent-owned Red Mountain zinc project in Alaska. The project contains a JORC 2012 inferred mineral resource of 9.1 million tonnes (Mt) or ore at 12.9 per cent zinc equivalent at a 3 per cent cut off. In addition to zinc prospectivity, … Continue reading Sandfire forms strategic relationship with White Rock over Red Mountain project
- Sandvik strengthens i-series range with latest loader
Sandvik has introduced the LH517i intelligent loader with a design that aims to meet customer expectations by being safer, more reliable and efficient.
- Mine solution Pitram upgrades software performance
MICROMINE has released Pitram 4.10, the updated fleet management and mine solution that assists in recording, managing and processing mine site data in near real-time.
- BHP gains EPA nod for up to 100 years of Pilbara operations
Mining giant BHP has received a recommendation of approval for the next 50 to 100 years of Pilbara mining operations from the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA).
- Denham Capital closes first mining fund at $US558 million
Private equity firm Denham Capital has closed its first stand-alone mining fund, topping out at $558 million from global institutional investors.
- Komatsu launches updated production loaders
Equipment manufacturer Komatsu has released upgraded low-emission Tier 4 engine-powered versions of its WA500 and WA600 production loaders.
- Whitehaven to use Hitachi automation system at NSW coal operation
Whitehaven Coal is collaborating with Hitachi to design and introduce an Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) to support its mines in north-west New South Wales.
- Sandfire Resources, Talisman Mining delay $72m Springfield acquisition
Joint venture partners Sandfire Resources and Talisman Mining are extending the execution of their deal for the Springfield copper-gold project by another week.