- battery metals
- Core Lithium
- Ernst and Young
- Internet of Things
- iron ore
- Keith Pitt
- mark mcgowan
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- supply chain
- West Africa
- Western Australia
- Chalice expands Julimar potential
Chalice Gold Mines has reported positive metallurgical results from recent test work at the Gonneville discovery within its Julimar nickel-copper-PGE project in Western Australia.
- Carawine completes Tropicana North acquisitions
Carawine Resources has acquired two exploration licences at the Tropicana North gold project in Western Australia.
- Yancoal streamlines operations amid pandemic
Yancoal is closely monitoring the condition of international coal markets to best assess how its business will be impacted for the remainder of 2020 and beyond.
- New Hope promises hundreds of jobs with New Acland approval
New Hope Group forecasts that 500 jobs could be created, and a further 125 jobs saved, if the New Acland coal mine in Queensland finally wins a stage three approval.
- Focus plots rise of mothballed WA gold mines
Focus Minerals has flagged the potential awakening of two open pit gold mines at the Coolgardie project in Western Australia.
- Thiess introduces second autonomous drill at Bowen Basin project
Thiess has mobilised a second Epiroc Pit Viper 275 drill fitted with an autonomous drilling system at Bowen Basin Coal’s Lake Vermont project in Queensland.
- OZ Minerals on verge of sealing Cassini acquisition
Cassini Resources shareholders have approved OZ Minerals’ bid to acquire the company three months after the deal was announced.
- BHP expands nickel search with SensOre
BHP has hired SensOre to target mineral deposits that support the Nickel West operations in Western Australia after months of discussion.
- Bis teams up with Israeli giant for mining automation
Bis has announced a joint venture with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) to launch mining technology company Auto-mate.
- DGO hones in on copper targets near Olympic Dam, Carrapateena
DGO Gold has expanded its land holding around a prospective copper target on the Stuart Shelf in South Australia, which also hosts BHP’s Olympic Dam and OZ Minerals’ Carrapateena deposits.
- AVZ to take bigger slice of Manono lithium project
AVZ Minerals is set to acquire an additional stake in the Manono lithium-tin project in the Democratic Republic of Congo for $US15.5 million ($21.3 million).
- Alltype Engineering wins contract at Rio Tinto project
Alltype Engineering has won a contract to build an iron ore mining plant at Rio Tinto’s Koodaideri project in the Pilbara, Western Australia, via managing contractor Laing O’Rourke.
- Calidus to acquire high-grade Novo gold project
Calidus has secured an agreement with Novo Resources to acquire the Blue Spec gold-antimony project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Fenix commences development of iron ore mine
Fenix Resources has started the first works including clearing, grubbing and topsoil stripping activities at the Iron Ridge direct shipping ore (DSO) project near Cue, Western Australia.
- St Barbara to recoup lost production from Gwalia incident
St Barbara expects to recover the loss in gold production from its Gwalia underground mine in Western Australia following a ground fall incident earlier this month.
- Sandvik’s Digital Driller simulator provides convenient learning
Sandvik has updated its operator training simulator Digital Driller to safely train underground drill operators and maintenance teams.
- Glencore project aligns with Australian carbon initiative
The Australian Government has invested $50 million in a carbon capture use and storage (CCUS) fund, a decision that is welcomed by Glencore.
- Adani accelerates Carmichael’s on-site construction
Adani Mining chief executive David Boshoff says company will remain “full speed ahead” on construction of the Carmichael rail and mine project in Queensland, which is set to continue through to 2021.
- Fortescue advances Paterson Province JV project
Fortescue Metals Group’s commitment to a Paterson Province copper-gold joint venture with Carawine Resources in Western Australia has been strengthened.
- SA exploration challenge unveils new mineral targets
South Australia hopes to unlock mineral deposits in the Gawler region through the results of an exploration challenge, ExploreSA.