- Carmichael Coal mine
- CIMIC Group
- Galilee Basin
- gr engineering
- heron resources
- iron ore
- liquefied natural gas
- Mineral Resources
- mining services
- New South Wales
- Pilbara Minerals
- Resolute Mining
- Western Australia
- Fosterville gold mine to expand with cement plant
Kirkland Lake Gold’s Fosterville gold mine is set to receive an onsite cement plant with support from Victoria’s Labor Government.
- Australia could reap extra $9.4bn from critical minerals
The Australian Government reiterates its commitment to ensuring Australia reaches its potential as a global supplier of critical minerals following the release of a report from Geoscience Australia.
- Newcrest, Encounter JVs increase gold exploration tenement
Newcrest Mining has significantly expanded its joint venture (JV) tenure with Encounter Resources by securing a large exploration tenure in Western Australia.
- Ansteel to acquire Gindalbie Metals in $25m deal
Gindalbie Metals will demerge its subsidiary Coda Minerals to shareholders before being purchased by Chinese producer Ansteel in a deal worth around $25 million.
- Rio Tinto pips Wesfarmers to top spot on list of Australian companies
Three mining companies have taken a podium finish in IBISWorld’s list of the top 1000 companies in Australia by revenue.
- Newcrest to enter North America with $1.1bn mine purchase
Newcrest Mining will acquire 70 per cent of the Red Chris copper-gold mine for $US806.5 million ($1.14 billion) in a deal with Canadian company Imperial Metals.
- Diversity of thought – Oil & gas heavyweights fuel the debate
Widely regarded as Australia’s premier event specifically on diversity and inclusion for the oil and gas industry, the Australasian Oil & Gas Exhibition & Conference (AOG) Diversity and Inclusion Breakfast will this year see executives from Woodside Energy, Chevron Australia, Shell Australia and Baker Hughes – a GE Company debate “Diversity of Thought.” “The idea … Continue reading Diversity of thought – Oil & gas heavyweights fuel the debate
- PHIL launches updated tailgate system for Komatsu trucks
United States company Phillippi-Hagenbuch (PHIL) has developed a new version of its Autogate Tailgate system for use with Komatsu rigid frame haul trucks.
- Capricorn Metals CEO resigns after just one month
Capricorn Metals’ CEO and CFO have resigned after three company directors were replaced following a shareholder vote.
- Victoria to attract more women into resources
The Victorian Government will partner with the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) to entice a new generation of students in to the Victorian resources sector.
- Rio Tinto commissions $2.6bn Amrun bauxite mine
The major miner has completed commissioning of the Amrun mine in Far North Queensland ahead of schedule and as global supply of the higher-grade bauxite produced at the site becomes scarcer.
- Universities launch efforts to lift mining enrolments
Australia’s tertiary institutions are persisted with their efforts to attract mining and engineering students despite slipping enrolment figures.
- Panoramic ramp up at Savannah slower than expected
Panoramic Resources is set to improve operations at the Savannah nickel-copper-cobalt project in Western Australia after failing to meet production target this year.
- Rising graphite demand opens opportunities for Australian miners
High graphite prices are encouraging development of new projects outside of China, according to market consultant Roskill.
- LNS identifies top industry challenges in latest report
The mining, metals and materials industry is vulnerable to many social and economic pressures in its important role as a material provider.
- Mining companies urged to manage exposure to diesel fumes
Exposure to high levels of diesel fumes could be the biggest occupational health threat since asbestos, according to hydraulic engineer Norm Mathers.
- Geopacific to acquire full ownership of Woodlark
Geopacific Resources has acquired all of Kula Gold’s rights and interests in the Woodlark gold project in Papua New Guinea, consolidating Geopacific’s direct ownership of the project.
- Gina Rinehart slips in Forbes global rich list
Iron ore and cattle magnate Gina Rinehart has placed 75th in Forbes’ 2019 list of the richest people in the world with a personal net worth of $US15.2 billion ($21.5 billion).
- Thiess scoops $172m coal extension
Thiess has secured a $172 million contract extension from Bayan Resources to expand the miner’s coal operations at Melak in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
- Newcrest to work with Jacobs on Cadia expansion
Newcrest Mining has awarded Jacobs Engineering a contract as part of the planned expansion of the Cadia operations in New South Wales, Australia’s top producing gold site in 2018.