- AngloGold Ashanti
- battery metals
- BGC Contracting
- Carmichael mine
- electric vehicles
- Elizabeth Gaines
- Gold Fields
- iron ore
- Lynas Corporation
- South Australia
- St Barbara
- Western Australia
- Job market in best shape since mining boom
Job vacancies in the mining and resources sector dipped in April by 1.1 per cent, despite strong commodity prices over the past three months.
- National Group ‘port-to-pit’ approach drives mining service
National Group managing director Mark Ackroyd says the adoption of a port-to-pit approach has been pivotal to the company’s success.
- St Barbara shareholders drive first stage of Atlantic acquisition
St Barbara has moved a step closer to its successful acquisition of Atlantic Gold, announcing the completion of the institutional component of its underwritten entitlement offer.
- Santos scoops share in PNG gas with $271m acquisition
Santos is set to boost its presence in Papua New Guinea by acquiring the P’nyang natural gas field from the existing licence participants for $US187 million ($271 million).
- Antipa advances Rio Tinto partnership to unearth Paterson resources
Antipa Minerals’ exploration at its Citadel joint venture (JV) project in Western Australia this year will extend to the vicinity of Rio Tinto’s Winu operation.
- Galaxy to become major shareholder of Alliance Mineral Assets
Galaxy Resources is set to become the largest shareholder in Alliance Mineral Assets following the joint announcement of a $32.5 million raising.
- Lithium market requires $17bn investment to meet growing demand
Lithium expert Joe Lowry has estimated the global market for the commodity needs investment of at least US$12 billion ($17.32 billion) in the next five years for the supply to match its growing demand.
- Outotec inks deal with OZ Minerals at Prominent Hill
OZ Minerals has awarded a €15 million ($24.3 million) contract to design and deliver a mine paste backfill system at the Prominent Hill copper-gold operation to Outotec.
- Queensland to cut red tape for explorers
Queensland Parliament is set to cut red tape for explorers, allowing them to change their work program without seeking extra approvals starting next year.
- Propelling copper-rich South Australia to the world
South Australia’s appetite to meet the rise in demand for copper, electric vehicles and renewable energy has been matched by the vision of its miners.
- Newmont Goldcorp strengthens Tanami presence with Prodigy JV
Newmont Exploration has struck a $14.5 million joint venture agreement with WA-based Prodigy Gold over the Tobruk project in the Northern Territory.
- Lucapa scores another massive diamond find at Lulo
Lucapa Diamond Company has recovered a 130-carat, gem-quality diamond from the Lulo project in Angola, West Africa.
- Pantoro to increase gold production with Central Norseman restart
Pantoro has acquired a 50 per cent share in the Central Norseman gold project (CNGP), giving the company assets in two high-grade gold regions in Western Australia.
- Ramelius plans at Edna May blocked by environmental watchdog
Ramelius Resources’ proposed expansion of its Greenfinch open pit operation at the Edna May gold mine has been rejected by the Western Australian Environment Minister Stephen Dawson.
- SKF solution delivers benefits of condition monitoring to wider applications
With the ability to monitor everything from a single machine to an entire plant from a central location, the SKF Multilog IMx-16Plus integrates seamlessly with other devices (such as the IMx-8) to allow more extensive deployment.
- Breaker builds on Bombora gold discovery
Breaker Resources continues to gain momentum with its Bombora gold resource in Western Australia following a $6.3 million raising to fund a pre-feasibility study (PFS).
- Lincoln Electric fume solutions improve safety and productivity for welders
Lincoln Electric has served the welding industry by delivering industry leading welding and cutting solutions since 1895.
- St Barbara expands into North America with Atlantic Gold acquisition
St Barbara is targeting Canada for growth through a takeover of gold producer Atlantic Gold for C$722 million ($768 million).
- Rio Tinto builds focus on lithium, copper to supply battery materials
Rio Tinto is strengthening a commitment to become a key supplier of materials for battery and electric technologies at the Jadar lithium project in Serbia and at its copper ventures around the world.
- Civmec boosts order book as strength returns to WA resources sector
Engineering contractor Civmec has recorded a 51 per cent increase to its order book in the March quarter on the back of major contract wins with BHP and Albemarle.