- Altura Mining
- Anglo American
- Atlantic Gold
- AuStar Gold
- Diversified Minerals
- Encounter Resources
- gold project
- Koolan Island
- Mark Cutifani
- mark mcgowan
- metro mining
- mount gibson
- Mt Holland
- Newcrest Mining
- red river resources
- Regis Resources
- Rio Tinto
- Stanwell Corporation
- St Barbara
- Weir Minerals
- Yancoal predicts coal volatility in 2020
Yancoal has temporarily suspended operations at several Hunter Valley mines in New South Wales for a few days due to poor air quality resulting from bushfires.
- Mincor to announce Cassini contractor
Mincor’s nickel restart plan has been boosted by a third successive increase in its mineral resource average nickel grade, despite prices remaining volatile throughout the December 2019 quarter.
- Whitehaven slashes production at NSW mines
Whitehaven Coal has felt the impacts of drought conditions and bushfires as well as labour shortages in the Maules Creek operations in New South Wales.
- Core Lithium unearths ‘world-class’ lithium discovery
Core Lithium has discovered a 100 metre-plus high-grade lithium intersection in the Finnis project near Darwin, pushing the project to construction this year.
- South32 meets mixed performance across Australia
South32 has experienced a slide in production at Illawarra Metallurgical Coal in New South Wales in the second half of last year.
- Bounty Mining receivers to decide company future
Bounty Mining could head into recapitalisation and/or company sale, with receivers Pricewaterhouse Coopers seeking expressions of interest.
- Pentium secures Iluka Resources contract
Vysarn subsidiary Pentium Hydro has gained a goods and services contract with Iluka Resources at the Cataby mine in Western Australia.
- Fortescue expands Asian trade prospects with Shanghai office
Fortescue Metals Group has opened its new office in Shanghai, bringing the Western Australian based miner closer to the key clients in China.
- Coronado freezes tyre change activities at Curragh
Coronado Global Resources plans to suspend operations at the Curragh mine in Queensland until Friday at the earliest.
- Australian Vanadium strengthens Chinese tie
Australian Vanadium is negotiating a technical services and purchase agreement for its vanadium products with Hebei Yanshan Vanadium and Titanium Industry Technology Research.
- Titan sets sights on Ecuador through Core Gold acquisition
Titan Minerals will be shifting its focus to South America following its successful bid for Canadian gold mining company Core Gold.
- Novo Resources acquires Kalamazoo stake
Kalamazoo Resources is set to accelerate and expand exploration at its central Victorian gold projects after receiving an $8 million investment.
- Rio Tinto gains final Mozambique tenement permit
Joint venture (JV) partners Rio Tinto and Savannah Resources have received the third and final mining concession for the Mutamba heavy mineral sands projects from the Mozambique Government.
- Resolute seals $300m Ravenswood sale to EMR Capital
Resolute Mining expects no changes to employment at the Ravenswood gold mine in Queensland after agreeing to sell the operation to EMR Capital.
- Perth Mint highlights rare Argyle diamonds in ‘most significant release’
The Perth Mint has released Jewelled Tiger coins featuring rare pink diamonds from Rio Tinto’s Argyle mine in Western Australia.
- BHP continues board reshuffle
BHP board member and director Lindsay Maxsted will not stand for re-election to the company’s board of management this year.
- South32 seals exploration agreement with Adventus Mining
South32 has struck an earn-in agreement with Adventus Mining via its subsidiary to advance the exploration of three zinc-lead-silver projects in the Republic of Ireland.
- Lucapa cuts ‘flawless’ diamonds under new partnership
Lucapa Diamond Company has partnered with a leading international diamantaire to transform a 36-carat rough diamond from the Mothae kimberlite mine in Lesotho, Africa into six rare D-coloured diamonds.
- Resolute flags Ravenswood gold mine sale
Resolute Mining is in advanced negotiations with EMR Capital Management over the potential sale of the Ravenswood gold mine in Queensland.
- ScoMo considers lift Australia’s carbon emissions target
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has signalled a further increase in the nation’s carbon emissions target in the wake of the national bushfire crisis.