- Anglo American
- Atlas Iron
- iron ore
- materials handling
- mental health
- metallurgical coal
- Mineral Resources
- Minerals Council of Australia
- Northern Star
- NRW Holdings
- OZ Minerals
- Pilbara Minerals
- Queensland Government
- Rio Tinto
- South Australia
- St Barbara
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Newmont rises above Tanami constraints
Newmont has boosted production across its global gold portfolio, with an increase in grades and throughput at the Boddington mine in WA.
- Northern Star reaps benefits of Saracen merger
Northern Star Resources is seeing the early signs of cost savings and productivity gains from the merger with Saracen Mineral Holdings as it progresses towards producing 2 million ounces of a gold a year.
- Government support for onshore battery technology
The Australian Government is supporting the resources and critical minerals sector with almost $50 million in funding for projects to help grow businesses and create new jobs.
- Iron ore stars in June export figures: ABS
Australian exports have been upheld by metalliferous ores in June, with the category showing an 8 per cent increase and a fourth consecutive record month.
- Korea looks to Australia for reliable battery materials
Australian critical minerals miners have caught the attention of Korean battery manufacturers as the east Asian powerhouse looks to diversify its supply chain.
- Introducing Copper to the World 2021
Hear from leading voices in the Australian and global copper market at Copper to the World 2021, streamed live online from South Australia to the world.
- BHP unites with Tesla for nickel supply partnership
BHP will supply Tesla with nickel from its Nickel West asset in Western Australia in a collaboration which will aim to make the battery supply chain more sustainable.
- Kalbar crosses its Fingerboards for mining licence
Kalbar Operations has applied for a mining licence for its Fingerboards project in Victoria’s Gippsland region, adding to the potential for a mineral sands hub in the state.
- Evolution to expand Kalgoorlie foothold with Kundana acquisition
Evolution Mining has agreed to purchase Northern Star Resources’s Kundana gold assets in Western Australia for $400 million.
- Yancoal production on target despite rain setbacks
Yancoal has been hit with more rainfall at its Hunter Valley operations in New South Wales which have impacted mining, rail and port activity during the June quarter.
- Coal by-product key to land and water rehab
A researcher from the University of Alberta in Canada has found a coal by-product called nano humus to be highly effective for remediating land and water used in mining.
- Cadia record pushes Newcrest above 2Moz
Newcrest Mining has exceeded its gold production targets at the Cadia gold operation in New South Wales after achieving records for mined ore and throughput rates.
- Westgold starts third underground mine with Triton launch
Westgold Resources has commenced stope mining at the Triton North area of the South Emu-Triton underground mine at the Meekatharra gold operations in Western Australia.
- Awarded three times: SM6020
ifm has received the Red Dot Award and iF Design Award for its SM6020 flow sensor in April this year after previously receiving the German Design Award in February.
- Research finds alternative to insufficient indium
Researchers have found a way to replace indium in multiple applications such as electronic devices, anti-reflection mirrors and smart architectural windows.
- QLD METS program to enhance mining technology
METS Ignited has launched the CQ Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) Accelerator Program with Queensland’s Rockhampton Regional Council to commercialise innovative projects for the mining sector.
- South32 longwall change improves Illawarra output
South32 has improved metallurgical coal production at the Illawarra Metallurgical Coal operation in New South Wales after returning the site to a three longwall configuration.
- Anglo American overcomes met coal demand concerns
Anglo American has maintained its full year production targets for metallurgical coal in 2021, after the first six months were disrupted by poor demand, development activities and elevated gas levels.
- Rio Tinto agrees to investigate Panguna
Rio Tinto has agreed to assess the lasting impacts of the former Panguna copper mine in Bougainville, after community members called for action.
- Curtin research finds rutile exploration value
Researchers at Curtin University’s John de Laeter Centre have developed techniques using the mineral rutile to point the way to hidden ore deposits.