- BHP Mitsubishi Alliance
- Dyno Nobel
- Evolution Mining
- Galaxy Resources
- mergers and acquisitions
- Mineral Resources
- Mt Cattlin
- OZ Minerals
- Pilbara Minerals
- Prominent Hill
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- South Africa
- Stanmore Coal
- Western Australia
- BHP releases rigorous coronavirus prevention policies
BHP has continued to implement stringent measures across its operating assets to reduce the risks of the coronavirus.
- Aurelia withdraws 2020 guidance over uncertainty
Aurelia Metals has pulled out of its guidance and outlook statements for the 2020 financial year, due to the high level of uncertainty surrounding the impact of the coronavirus.
- Ausmex identifies new high-grade SA gold projects
Ausmex Mining has completed a review of gold retrospectives at its tenements in the Burra region of South Australia with promising results for multiple gold projects.
- CBC continues to support customers through COVID-19 pandemic
CBC has stated that it will remain open for business and will continue to support its customers, suppliers and stakeholders around Australia while carefully monitoring the unfolding COVID-19 pandemic.
- Cassini encounters high grade nickel-copper intercepts
Cassini Resources has reported promising drilling results for nickel and copper mineralisation at the Yarawindah Brook Project in Western Australia.
- Resolute’s global production unmoved by coronavirus
Resolute Mining has continued its mining and processing operations at the Syama and Mako gold mines in West Africa without coronavirus impacting production.
- BMA contracts McConnell Dowell for Hay Point terminal upgrade
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance has signed an early contractor involvement contract with McConnell Dowell to upgrade the shiploader two and berth two project at the Hay Point coal terminal in Queensland.
- Geopacific repatriates staff from Woodlark Island
Geopacific Resources has repatriated all Australian staff from the Woodlark Island gold mine for coronavirus-related health and safety concerns.
- Resources minister encourages commission report to fight red tape
Minister for Resources, Water and Northern Australia Keith Pitt has said a Productivity Commission report draft is a “timely reminder” that governments must remove unnecessary barriers to the sector’s growth.
- Bellevue raises $26.5m for WA gold project
Bellevue Gold is ready to advance its growth strategy at the Bellevue gold project in Western Australia after acquiring firm commitments for $26.5 million in a share placement.
- Northern Star gold production impacted by pandemic
Northern Star Resources has withdrawn its production and cost guidance for the 2020 financial year given the uncertainty caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
- REMA TIP TOP to keep Australia moving through business continuity plan
REMA TIP TOP has shown no signs of backing down amid this unprecedented time, signifying the company’s strength and commitment to support its clients across Australia.
- Northern Minerals suspends Browns Range operations
Northern Minerals has temporarily halted operations at the Browns Range mine in East Kimberly, Western Australia as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
- HARTING Han Ex Connector for explosive hazardous areas
HARTING Han Ex product portfolio offers complete connector systems consisting of housings and inserts which are ideal for explosive hazardous areas.
- Mincor crowns Kambalda district projects as highest grade nickel sites
Mincor has confirmed a 132 per cent increase to its nickel sulphide reserves in the Kambalda district, Western Australia.
- Lucapa convinced of quick Mothae restart following suspension
Lucapa Diamond Company has suspended mining operations at the Mothae mine in Lesotho, Africa following the enactment of a 21-day nationwide lockdown.
- Pilbara Minerals secures new Pilgangoora spodumene buyer
Pilbara Minerals has locked in a five-year offtake agreement with Yibin Tianyi to supply spodumene concentrate from the Pilgangoora lithium-tantalum project in Western Australia.
- Ok Tedi crew tests negative for coronavirus
Ok Tedi Mining has confirmed negative test results for the seven individuals within the group suspected to have been affected by the coronovirus.
- Austin Engineering reveals Australia’s most efficient truck/excavator combination
Austin Engineering has declared a Liebherr R9800 and Komatsu 930E-5 dump truck combination as the most efficient truck/excavator pairing.
- Record Queensland mineral exports an economic ‘buffer’ for coronavirus
Queensland’s resources sector is set to tackle the coronavirus pandemic with record exports, according to the Queensland Resources Council’s state of the sector December 2019 quarterly report.