- AngloGold Ashanti
- base metals
- Carmichael mine
- Carosue Dam
- Fosterville gold mine
- Fraser Range
- iron ore
- kirkland lake gold
- mining equipment
- New Acland
- New Century Resources
- New Hope Group
- Northern Star
- Paterson Province
- Rio Tinto
- Saracen Mineral Holdings
- St Barbara
- Super Pit
- Toro Energy
- Venture Minerals
- MACA wins $230m Corunna Downs contract from Atlas Iron
Atlas Iron has awarded MACA a contract to carry out open pit mining services at the Corunna Downs iron project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Prime Creative Media surveys business leaders across 15 industries on effects of COVID restrictions and prospects for recovery
Prime Creative Media has surveyed more than 2200 business leaders across 15 industries, to capture sentiment as the country started to lift COVID-19 restrictions.
- Gold breaches $US1800/oz as Aussie stocks rally
Gold prices have reached eight-year highs, breaking through $US1800 ($2603) an ounce for the first time since 2011.
- Follow the leaders: Appointments at Rio Tinto, South32 and more
Stay on top of the latest executive appointments across the mining sector over the past week, including at Rio Tinto, Engineering Australia, South32 and more.
- Astec to expand product reach with Aramine
Astec Industries has awarded mining solutions specialist Aramine with a contract for the former’s product distribution in Africa.
- BMA to invest $100m in Daunia autonomous haulage
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) is set to introduce 34 autonomous trucks at the Daunia coal mine in central Queensland through a $100 million investment.
- Wolff Mining applies SATS technology in mining environment
Wolff Mining has implemented its semi-autonomous tractor system (SATS) technology, in a world-first application into a mining production environment.
- Fortescue contract triggers John Holland recruitment drive
John Holland plans to recruit 400 new workers on the back of winning major new contracts in Western Australia, including a $130 million deal with Fortescue Metals Group.
- Rio Tinto introduces new role for future strategy
Rio Tinto has added a new group executive role to tackle future priorities, including strategy, technology and climate change.
- Fortescue launches expanded WA operations centre
Fortescue Metals Group has opened its expanded integrated operations centre in Perth, the Fortescue Hive, bringing together the company’s integrated supply chain.
- Access to reliable IoT connectivity would transform mining sector: Inmarsat
Inmarsat research finds 85 per cent organisations struggle to access reliable connectivity for IoT projects across their mine sites.
- Metso wraps up Outotec merger
Metso’s mineral business merger with Outotec has been finalised after nearly a year since the signing of the combination agreement.
- Core doubles mine life of Finniss lithium project
Core Lithium’s latest studies at the Finniss project in Northern Territory have delivered a 159 per cent increase in ore reserves, doubling the site’s projected mine life.
- GR Engineering wins further Saracen contract work
Saracen Mineral Holdings has contracted GR Engineering Services to complete additional works at the Thunderbox and Carosue Dam projects in Western Australia, worth a combined $29 million.
- Minor earthquake causes Kanowna Belle ground fall
Northern Star Resources has experienced a 3.3-magnitude earthquake at the Kanowna Belle underground gold mine in the Goldfields region of Western Australia.
- Mothballed Davyhurst to resume gold production in 2021
Ora Banda Mining, formerly Eastern Goldfields, is targeted to pour first gold at its Davyhurst project in Western Australia in January next year.
- Anglo American responds to safety criticisms
Anglo American has defended its safety systems and practices at the Grosvenor coal mine in Queensland, saying they draw on international best practice despite an accident that injured five people in May.
- Derrick’s G-Vault screens more durable than conventional methods
Derrick Corporation has launched its new G-Vault polyurethane interstage screen for carbon in leach and resin in leach processing at gold recovery plants.
- Paladin strengthens case for uranium mine restart
Paladin Energy has moved closer towards the restart of the Langer Heinrich uranium mine in Namibia, Africa, which remains permitted to resume mining.
- Beaconsfield brought back to life as NQ Minerals seals acquisition
Tasmania’s Beaconsfield gold mine has been officially revived by NQ Minerals after the company finalised its acquisition of the site yesterday.