- Anglo American
- Gold Fields
- Horizon Minerals
- iron ore
- Keith Pitt
- Mineral Resources
- mining equipment
- Mount Isa
- Mt Cattlin
- OZ Minerals
- Peabody Energy
- Port Hedland
- quarterly report
- Sheffield Resources
- Stanmore Coal
- Top News
- Western Australia
- Whitehaven Coal
- GFG Alliance defends Tahmoor Coal, OneSteel future
The collapse of German financier Greensill Capital has thrown the future of the GFG Alliance into jeopardy, with Australia’s Whyalla steel mill and Tahmoor Coal caught in the crossfire.
- Follow the leaders: This week’s executive appointments
Keep up with the latest executive movements across the mining sector, including Perenti, Black Cat Syndicate, Native Mineral Resources and more.
- Monadelphous proposes voluntary FIFO rosters
Monadelphous has introduced flexible fly-in, fly-out (FIFO) rosters for its employees to allow for working arrangements that are conducive to hard border closures.
- BHP extends WAIO air charter contract
BHP has added two years to its Western Australia Iron Ore (WAIO) air charter services contract with Alliance Aviation Services.
- Rio Tinto to produce lithium from Boron mine
Rio Tinto has started recovering battery-grade lithium from 90-year-old waste piles at the Boron borate operation in California, the United States.
- Kirkland Lake maps out five-year technology investment
Kirkland Lake Gold plans to invest $US75 million ($98 million) in environmental technology centres over each of the next five years to reduce its carbon footprint while embracing automation and digitisation.
- Ramelius overcomes hurdle to reach production target
Ramelius Resources has achieved its quarterly production target despite an unplanned shutdown at the Edna May gold mine in Western Australia last month.
- Pitt pushes inquiry into coal investment
Australia’s Minister for Resources, Water and Northern Australia Keith Pitt has announced an inquiry into the financial sector’s treatment of Australia’s resources industry.
- Macmahon hands out contract to Felix
Macmahon has awarded a three-year contract to Felix Group for the implementation of its vendor software across the contractor’s global operations.
- Resolute flags Syama production boost beyond latest upgrade
Resolute Mining is anticipating higher-than-expected production from the Syama gold mine in Mali, Africa, over its 11-year mine life following an upgrade at the site.
- Dreadnought finds Gascoyne partner in First Quantum
First Quantum Minerals has partnered with Dreadnought Resources to develop the Mangaroon gold and base metals project in the Gascoyne region of Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto hires CSI for Brockman 2 development
Rio Tinto has awarded a contract to CSI Mining Services for the development of the Lens A/B pit at the Brockman 2 iron ore mine in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto doubles down on net zero target with Japan
Rio Tinto has intensified its efforts to decarbonise by 2050 as it joined Japan’s Green Value Chain (GVC) Platform Network to achieve scope one, two and three emissions reductions targets.
- WA gold, nickel sales surge alongside iron ore
Western Australia has achieved record sales and employment in its mineral and petroleum industry in 2020 despite the hard border impacts brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Core affirms Finniss spodumene quality
Core Lithium has delivered battery grade lithium hydroxide monohydrate (LH) at the Finniss lithium project in the Northern Territory.
- Lucapa heads for record diamond haul
Lucapa Diamond Company has announced the recovery of the 23rd 100-plus carat diamond from the Lulo alluvial diamond mine in Angola, Africa.
- Panoramic to rouse Savannah with $315m in contract awards
Panoramic Resources is set to bring the Savannah nickel operation in Western Australia back to life following 12 months of rigorous review.
- Austmine moves forward with conference
The Australian and international resources sector will be able to access the upcoming Austmine Conference in Perth in May this year, irrespective of travel restrictions.
- Calidus triggers loan to power Warrawoona developments
Calidus Resources has executed its final project loan facility agreements for $110 million, enabling the company to fund civil works at the Warrawoona gold project in Western Australia.
- Sandvik updates underground rock excavation software
Sandvik has refreshed its iSURE (intelligent Sandvik underground rock excavation) software with the new iteration including advanced metrics and a three-day training program for mining applications.