- Alkane Resources
- australian vanadium
- Bounty Mining
- Cook Colliery
- Core Lithium
- Elizabeth Gaines
- emr capital
- Fortescue Metals Group
- gr engineering
- Iluka Resources
- Kalamazoo Resources
- Maules Creek
- met coal
- mount thorley warkworth
- novo resources
- Oyu Tolgoi
- Resolute Mining
- Rio Tinto
- Rio Tinto Iron Ore
- thermal coal
- Top News
- Whitehaven Coal
- Good as gold: Evolution moves into record territory
Evolution Mining has finished the September quarter with record financial results on the back of the surging Australian dollar gold price.
- 88 Energy on track to drill Alaskan North Slope appraisal well
88 Energy has provided an update on the upcoming drilling of the Charlie-1 appraisal well at Project Icewine on the proven Alaska North Slope basin.
- Rix’s Creek receives valid approval to operate until 2040
The New South Wales Independent Planning Commission (IPC) has approved Bloomfield Collieries’ proposed expansion of Rix’s Creek south mine in the Hunter Valley.
- BMA awards Blackwater contract to Golding
BHP Mitsubishi Alliance has furthered its relationship with NRW Holdings subsidiary Golding Contractors with yet another contract award for its Blackwater mine in Queensland.
- Fortescue makes move at Iron Bridge with MACA contract
Fortescue Metals Group subsidiary FMG Magnetite and joint venture partner Formosa Steel IB have awarded a contract to MACA for the Iron Bridge magnetite project in Western Australia.
- Newcrest Mining approves Cadia stage one expansion
Newcrest Mining is on track to increase the Cadia Valley mine’s processing capacity to 33 million tonnes a year.
- Kalium Lakes awards three Beyondie contracts
Kalium Lakes has contracted three companies to design, supply and construct its gas pipeline at the Beyondie sulphate of potash project (BSOPP) in Western Australia.
- InEight launches risk intelligence module
InEight has combined artificial intelligence (AI) and human intelligence (HI) to create its next generation planning and scheduling module, InEight Basis.
- Stavely looks to capitalise on major exploration discoveries
Stavely Minerals has launched a $19.6 million capital raising to fund fast-tracked gold and copper-gold exploration in western Victoria, Tasmania and Queensland.
- Apollo attracts Independence Group as Louisa project partner
Independence Group has joined forces with Apollo Consolidated for its early-stage Louisa project, as a farm-in and joint venture partner.
- Tianqi Lithium awards second Kwinana contract to SIMPEC
WestStar Industrial engineering contractor business SIMPEC has won a $5 million contract at Tianqi Lithium Kwinana’s lithium hydroxide process plant (LHPP) 1 processing plant in Western Australia.
- Rio Tinto awards Pindan $90m construction contract
Rio Tinto has contracted integrated property and construction group Pindan to construct an operations village for its Koodaideri iron ore project in the Pilbara.
- Western Australia plots lithium royalty regime
The Western Australian Government is set to introduce a royalty arrangement for lithium producers to encourage downstream processing and manufacturing in the state.
- Top five mining stories last week
Stay on top of the most popular stories on Australian Mining over the past week, including Fortescue Metals Group’s hunt for an expansion opportunity in Africa.
- Core Lithium expands Northern Territory foothold with acquisitions
Core Lithium has struck conditional agreements with Todd River Resources for two new projects in the Northern Territory.
- Pilbara Minerals joins forces with Chinese electric vehicle manufacturer
Pilbara Minerals has welcomed a $20 million investment by China’s largest electric vehicle manufacturer, Contemporary Amperex Technology.
- Elixir Energy to drill first coalbed methane well this weekend
Elixir Energy Limited will commence its 2019 drilling campaign at the gigantic 30,000 square kilometres Nomgon IX coalbed methane production sharing contract.
- BHP veteran spells out mining’s social challenges
While mining companies consistently work to retain their social licence, BHP Billiton’s former head of institutional and government relations Osvaldo Urzua boldly suggests the issue isn’t only reserved for miners.
- Lucapa scores $68m in diamond sales
Lucapa Diamond Company has fetched $US10.4 million ($15.5 million) in its latest sales of diamonds from the Lulo and Mothae mines in Lesotho.
- Battery Minerals to establish graphite processing JV
Battery Minerals has signed a memorandum of understanding with American graphite processing specialist Urbix.